PDA

View Full Version : Trion: Thanks for all the converters....and the terrible drop rate of mods.

Tex_Arcana
07-02-2015, 08:46 AM
Seriously Trion folks: I am not the hardest core farmer because I enjoy going outside during the summer, and my job isn't bad either.
But this event is woeful in it's lack of mod drops.
Between all my main account toons I have now received over 30 converters.
All other mod types (for all weapon types) comes to a count of 7. All blue.
I have seen 3 "ground drops" at the Arkfalls: All converters.
The weapon drops are so-so from what I am seeing; but seriously: WHY are there not even some green drops on the ground in order to offer the CHANCE of filling all the slots on a that RARE "worth keeping" weapon?
I won't even try to guess how rare a T4 drop is in this event...

alienstookmybeer
07-02-2015, 09:05 AM
I think this is just Trion's new creative way to reduce lag. Make the events so unrewarding hardly anyone wants to do them. I think we know the real reason though..

Because Bitstore

PithHelmetIrath
07-02-2015, 09:09 AM
I won't even try to guess how rare a T4 drop is in this event...

My guess? They're about as rare as a unicorn sighting..

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/b9/b93f1e4ef352416e937c92e082fc7971e63200b8365131b1f0 095323c29ffbf2.jpg

Lunachik526
07-02-2015, 09:18 AM
Dear Trion,

http://i.imgur.com/c7YcRvC.jpg

Fix the loot drops, fix the disappearing enemies or you're going to lose a LOT of paying players.

Boone Novac
07-02-2015, 09:25 AM
I've gotten a bunch to my count so far Blue: 4 sniper rifles 5 smg's 7 AR's 3 detonators 1 shotgun 3 pistols green: 3 AR's 2 detonators purple: 3 AR's 2 detonators 2 smg's 3 pistols not to mention the countless mods all blue except one purple barrel for the detonator

VesperLynd
07-02-2015, 09:30 AM
I think this is just Trion's new creative way to reduce lag. Make the events so unrewarding hardly anyone wants to do them. I think we know the real reason though..

Because Bitstore

Those last two words say it all and they know it. Notice they have not commented once to say they are aware of this issue? Working as intended.

Claydough
07-02-2015, 03:06 PM
Also to note, there seems to a huge amount of nanoless weapons dropping

edispilfnairb
07-02-2015, 03:52 PM
Between the above issues and the issue with the syphon detonator I am done with the bit store. I appreciate the dev responding, but I am sorry the issue still stands. There is a syphon detonator already in the game, the coding can not be that much different. And I am sorry but PTS is a source of information for us forum goers. To give us some lip service saying PTS should not be used as a source of information for what is coming out in a DLC is bogus IMO. Trion released every other gun reported on PTS. I am sorry but I will not be visiting the bit store any more, and I spend a lot.

Dixie Cougar
07-02-2015, 03:58 PM
Between the above issues and the issue with the syphon detonator I am done with the bit store. I appreciate the dev responding, but I am sorry the issue still stands. There is a syphon detonator already in the game, the coding can not be that much different. And I am sorry but PTS is a source of information for us forum goers. To give us some lip service saying PTS should not be used as a source of information for what is coming out in a DLC is bogus IMO. Trion released every other gun reported on PTS. I am sorry but I will not be visiting the bit store any more, and I spend a lot.

Your own words.

Step back from the controller, pick up a book and take some meds. Or maybe a nice calm bath. As of right now your posts do not sound grateful [SIC] for anything. It sounds like one huge temper tantrum. I am failing to see anything intellectual in your posts at this point, looks akin to all the in game zone babble to me.

As for me, I reckon trusting PTS patch notes as a guarantee of what makes it to Live is manifestly unreasonable. PTS is for testing, it's not a BS publicity beta.

edispilfnairb
07-02-2015, 04:07 PM
Your own words.

As for me, I reckon trusting PTS patch notes as a guarantee of what makes it to Live is manifestly unreasonable. PTS is for testing, it's not a BS publicity beta.
That's good for you. They did not release anything stating what was released, other the Jackpot item. Hence the only source of information was the PTS for me, and others that spent real money trying to pull a weapon that Trion never said was not in the loot pool. If you did not spend money on a box for the same reason, then go troll elsewhere. Your comments are not helping to fix the problem. Trion should list what is making it to live in the future and this would not happen. I am a paying customer with an actual issue, and you are not Trion customer service. And you are delusional if you think PTS is not also a form of marketing for Trion to drum up interest in the new content and gear.

Chump Norris
07-02-2015, 04:08 PM

They ****** up because I know you are one of the people that support(ed) them through the bit store. How many time have they released content knowing it was bugged? This det (if bugged how the dev said) would benefit players so they cut it. They nerfed detachment because we weren't dying enough. They supposedly removed a ladder in expeditions (I think I know which one). It's just silly how many bugs that hurt us make it to live even when people report them on PTS but this "bug" didn't.

Chump Norris
07-02-2015, 04:50 PM
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/265/19168594866_f9aac9e1b0_o.png (https://flic.kr/p/vcS4qW)

Are there separate nano's for each of the Sol weapons including the grenade launcher? (i.e. will there be syphon, fire, bio, radiation, electric detonators out there?)

Also do these nano detonators leave a pool like the Scourge or are the attacks just nano effected like the Maid?

Thanks.

Yes I have a syphon one on PTS.

They knew what they were doing..

It was brought up in PTS if it wasn't going to live they should have said so.

Breezy wfn
07-02-2015, 05:08 PM

Dixie Cougar
07-02-2015, 05:11 PM
thats why anything consortium members say i ignore cus im pretty certain there on trions payroll but im looking more into that :)

You keep looking.

CM Kiwibird
07-02-2015, 05:17 PM
It was brought up in PTS if it wasn't going to live they should have said so.

PTS is for testing and not all changes are going to go live. Destromathe covers this topic fully here. (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?218716-Looking-For-A-Syphon-VBI-event-Grenade-Launcher&p=1785771#post1785771)

SirServed
07-02-2015, 05:18 PM
I wish Trion was paying me to play this game.

Dixie Cougar
07-02-2015, 05:19 PM
I wish Trion was paying me to play this game.

Me too, clan administration is already a part time job for me. Totally worth it though.

Ryu Soba JP
07-02-2015, 05:25 PM
Seems like they saw the det was too OP and pulled it from the loot table. If it was bugged someone would have posted it in pts. Seems like anything that could give players a slight advantage over the game is being changed so in those instances people will be redirected to the bit store. I am not a fan of this new marketing model.

Dixie Cougar
07-02-2015, 05:34 PM
Seems like they saw the det was too OP and pulled it from the loot table. If it was bugged someone would have posted it in pts. Seems like anything that could give players a slight advantage over the game is being changed so in those instances people will be redirected to the bit store. I am not a fan of this new marketing model.

But the det's not obtainable in the bit store either. It's not obtainable period because of balancing issues.

alienstookmybeer
07-02-2015, 05:48 PM
thats why anything consortium members say i ignore cus im pretty certain there on trions payroll but im looking more into that

im pretty certain dem bastards took my beer too

Chump Norris
07-02-2015, 05:51 PM
PTS is for testing and not all changes are going to go live. Destromathe covers this topic fully here. (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?218716-Looking-For-A-Syphon-VBI-event-Grenade-Launcher&p=1785771#post1785771)

I saw that and that makes it perfectly ok to ignore a question and response knowing people will spend real money to obtain this item....

Ray8888
07-02-2015, 07:47 PM
Consortium members are BY FAR the most knowledgeable people still playing this game. By far.

Derailer
07-02-2015, 08:06 PM
Consortium members are BY FAR the most knowledgeable people still playing this game. By far.

Indeed.

They also seem to be totally happy to help on any topic they can. Good stuff.

Atticus Batman
07-02-2015, 09:02 PM

Well that is rude. I help a lot and I am not Consortium! :p :p :p But yes several of them are quite helpful.

Bored Peon
07-02-2015, 11:00 PM
Come on guys you are smarter than this....

Think of Defiance as a car. It was never a sports or a luxury car. At best it was an economy class car. One that has been factory recalled on multiple occasions.

Got that picture in your mind?

Junior now has the keys to the car because Senior got tired of dealing with the issues. Junior knows the car is a joke because all his friends laugh at him for driving it. So Junior has decided he will run the car into the ground so he can get a new one.

In other words it seems like the developers are trying to drive the game into the ground intentionally. The sad part is any "experienced gamer" could have told them most recent changes being put into the game were a bad idea. They made those changes anyways. Sit back and look at the forums from a "neutral point of view" and look at how many complaints there are going back months. Yet no changes are made to correct this dissatisfaction and the majority of the time the complaints are simply ignored.

The game had potential. Yet when it came to reaching that potential the rocket simply blew up on the launch pad. I keep coming back to the forums hoping that someone else gets the "keys to the game" and starts putting the game on that path potential again. Until then it just aint worth playing except if I am extremely bored.

crazyged
07-02-2015, 11:01 PM
First major, picked up a purple slugger.

Woohoo- wait, no nano...

Second major, picked up an OJ SMG.

WOOHOO- wait, no nano...

After many majors, I now have an awesome collection of nanoless gear...

Ffffffff!

Soundtrack26
07-03-2015, 02:50 AM
...most mine come with rad and bio. think i got two nanoless weapons from event so far. smg n ar....oh wait three i had a det but got rid it for mods. im only counting purps n ojs.

VesperLynd
07-03-2015, 06:39 AM

This is off topic from the op. Just keep ignoring the many posts on this topic.

Ray8888
07-03-2015, 08:37 AM
Well that is rude. I help a lot and I am not Consortium! :p :p :p But yes several of them are quite helpful.

You do!!! And on the plus side I always understand you. Not always the case with Consortium. Example...

Player Damage Mitigation Formula:
Expected Damage(1 - (Perk Mitigation + Rig Mitigation + Shield Resist + Rig Resist))(1 - Shield)(1 - (Armor Plate + Perk Resist))

Its useful info, I know the perk works and has a cap of 85%. But uhhhh...

irisawifi
07-03-2015, 08:42 AM

Woohoo- wait, no nano...

WOOHOO- wait, no nano...

Ffffffff!

But it's okay because you probably have 50 converter mods :P

Johnny Stranger
07-03-2015, 10:59 AM

Woohoo- wait, no nano...

WOOHOO- wait, no nano...

Ffffffff!

guess that's why we get so many damn converters ..LOL this event is far from even good...should have just skipped it entirely, no effort , no response, no drops , NO FUN !!! why even bother putting this event on for pete's sake...Seriously :mad:

Tex_Arcana
07-03-2015, 11:01 AM
But it's okay because you probably have 50 converter mods :P

I am up to 43 converters, and 12 other mods of all types across all weapon types.
Still haven't been able to fully mod one weapon yet.
I still would like to know why mod drops are so firmly entrenched in the blue category with bloody converters being the most common.
Understanding that there is the rare T4 drop, and next to 0 T2's...which one would think should have the highest drop rate of any tier.

Johnny Stranger
07-03-2015, 11:10 AM
vendor won't even let me sell any more converters... LOL , think I'm around 45 as well, in over 60 af's..i did get a nice set of t3 ar mods , for which they wait patiently for a decent purple ar/smg...

SirServed
07-03-2015, 11:29 AM
Its useful info, I know the perk works and has a cap of 85%. But uhhhh...
It seemed legit when I reverse engineered it but yeah, I guess it could use a guide or key. Can I PM you and explain in detail?

Ray8888
07-03-2015, 12:05 PM
Even if you explained it... lol Im bad at math. It answered the question for me, yes they stack. And you gave additional info, possibly caps at 85%. And you showed your work. But that equation broke my brain.

But its not you... its me.

Tex_Arcana
07-04-2015, 08:56 AM
As of today: 78 Converters and 26 other mods of all types. 2 T4's.

Johnny Stranger
07-04-2015, 11:48 AM
As of today: 78 Converters and 26 other mods of all types. 2 T4's.
you got me by one on those t4's ....damn ...I get a few weeklies today , I have a feeling I'm getting the NEW T4 electric assault converter or a bug gun mod..LOL

Keziah
07-04-2015, 12:10 PM
I stopped running the event the first day. No more money going into the store from me! YAY. I have logged in to do my dailys/weeklys then signing out.
I'm having more fun sitting back & watching the angry Arkhunters on the forums.

Nova_Force
07-04-2015, 12:19 PM
37 converters Really!!? What the hell am i supposed to do with 37 converters?

TriGlav 2000
07-04-2015, 12:32 PM
Got a T4 mod from weekly reward, it was infector meelee stock :mad:

Nova_Force
07-04-2015, 12:34 PM
Got a T4 mod from weekly reward, it was infector meelee stock :mad:
Sounds like the devs just gave you the finger. Hope you have better luck in the future.

adrokier
07-04-2015, 12:35 PM
got 10/10 purple SS Ranger ^^nice

Check me out
07-04-2015, 02:50 PM
also there trying to get people to buy the lockboxes when theres major srkfall going on come really we should be able to get t4 set for at leasst all the weapons we pull.

Praxus07
07-04-2015, 03:17 PM
Not seen one t4 mod drop yet, they're all blues, for me anyway. And now it seems all that's dropping for me are mag convertors. Not having fun like on past events.

TheGoddyOfPotty
07-04-2015, 03:34 PM
Looking forward to halloween and Christmas events, they've so much better than this sorry excuse

Nova_Force
07-04-2015, 03:39 PM
Looking forward to halloween and Christmas events, they've so much better than this sorry excuse
This event is a reflection of the direction this product is going. Future events will be the same as this monstrosity.

Hexthat
07-04-2015, 04:03 PM
At the very least now holiday weapons will be worth something, and every player will not have them. Event Ojs have a value now woot.... sorry if you haven't got one yet.

Cobra Crusher
07-04-2015, 04:08 PM
I stopped running the event the first day. No more money going into the store from me! YAY. I have logged in to do my dailys/weeklys then signing out.
I'm having more fun sitting back & watching the angry Arkhunters on the forums.

Sad when the forums are more entertaing than the game lol.

Cobra Crusher
07-04-2015, 04:10 PM

Still a few months for them to make these not fun anymore.

Trogathorna
07-04-2015, 04:28 PM
Sad when the forums are more entertaing than the game lol.

Thats no joke lol. Also i hit 100 converters today. That is crazy,i saw maybe 20 converters through the whole armistice event lol.

Praxus07
07-04-2015, 07:31 PM
Three hard console freezes tonight while playing. Before this latest patch/event I never had this happen before. Tonight had three in the last three hours.

whit
07-05-2015, 12:30 AM
Three hard console freezes tonight while playing. Before this latest patch/event I never had this happen before. Tonight had three in the last three hours.

Have had five hard PS3 freezes in the last three days. Can't remember first, but the rest were when I was at vendors selling MM crap.

Tex_Arcana
07-05-2015, 11:36 AM
For the record: A SLIGHT tick toward semi-okayness on the mod front.
The count stands at 106 Converters, and 37 mods of all types/weapons. With 4 of these being T4 (the rest are blues of course)
Have been able to fully mod 2 weapons (Across 5 toons on my account).
But Both have stupid melee stocks (like boobs on a bull for me).
I still wonder at the plain fact there are NO GREENS (T2) dropping at Arkfalls at all; and we could probably rebuild the Golden Gate with all these stupid converters.
Note that I have a handful double-ups/triple-ups in the group of 37 "regular" mods. This is why I have only been able to mod 2 weapons.

Bonehead
07-05-2015, 11:47 AM
if i were an investor in this project i would have called for a complete change in personnel a long time ago.

Odd how that happened right after launch...

tig3r
07-06-2015, 02:04 AM
maybe they are thinking the same and wanting a new player base? In which they are making progress. Drive off the old and the fussy into a rage quit abyss to make way for the unsuspecting newcomers to repeat the process from scratch.

AlexQs321
07-06-2015, 02:47 AM
You have been lucky more than a half of those event defiance put me out of the game

Tex_Arcana
07-06-2015, 03:04 PM
maybe they are thinking the same and wanting a new player base? In which they are making progress. Drive off the old and the fussy into a rage quit abyss to make way for the unsuspecting newcomers to repeat the process from scratch.

That would only happen in the mind of a completely psychotic individual.

PithHelmetIrath
07-06-2015, 04:19 PM
RNGesus smiled down on me after work today.. T3 barrel and a T3 sight in consecutive MM minors down in Silicon Valley.

Drinks on me at The Crater!! lol

Johnny Stranger
07-07-2015, 04:45 AM
RNGesus smiled down on me after work today.. T3 barrel and a T3 sight in consecutive MM minors down in Silicon Valley.

Drinks on me at The Crater!! lol

crater ? you mean DC central ? LOL....there's no rng in this event..it's 80% converters before rng comes into play...
people actually sell these converters for 20 k in zone ? I don't know whom is more stupid, the buyer or seller ? they drop like flies and from talking with so many people, everyone must have 50 or so in stock ... I have vendored about 100 k's worth , still have 30 in claims... also got the t4 unicorn, infector mod, glad to see trion will be replacing it, hopefully with a useful t4 :)

Warhorse1000
07-07-2015, 07:11 AM

All this has happened before....and it will happen again.

Sounds familiar...just sayin'...

Sliverbaer
07-07-2015, 07:34 AM
Finally got enough mods to fully mod up an epic SMG. (epic, rare, rare, rare) Didn't evan have to use a converter mod!

The final synergy is only cool at < TL6. It procs and kills the nearby enemies. At TL10 it only tickles them a little. Not sure it's worth the trouble of waiting for a Major to appear...

SaikoTeek
07-07-2015, 08:35 AM
Finally got enough mods to fully mod up an epic SMG. (epic, rare, rare, rare) Didn't evan have to use a converter mod!

The final synergy is only cool at < TL6. It procs and kills the nearby enemies. At TL10 it only tickles them a little. Not sure it's worth the trouble of waiting for a Major to appear...

I've got it to proc at mjrs with both smg and det. I've read where people couldn't get it to unless they were right next to each other, but it worked at a reasonable distance as long as they were in a ' group'.

Tex_Arcana
07-08-2015, 08:30 AM

I've got it to proc at mjrs with both smg and det. I've read where people couldn't get it to unless they were right next to each other, but it worked at a reasonable distance as long as they were in a ' group'.
I have been seeing an interesting thing happen when one is fighting large groups of shielded enemies: You can get a "Cascade Effect" going by stripping successive shields.
The area of effect seems to be relatively large as well.
Did a Volge Incursion last night and actually watched as the cascade stripped away all the shields from a relatively close group of 7 or 8 Troopers. - They were not clustered together: Some were a few feet away from the one I was targeting...
This with an OJ Sovereign AR with Electrical Nano (no converter yay!).
Takes some smart movement when you have Trooper grenades raining down at you; but it's fun to do.
Especially when you can switch to a good semi-auto sniper and pick them off easily (Devil's Advocate in my case).

Tex_Arcana
07-11-2015, 04:29 PM
308 converters, and 84 mods of all other types (12 T4's).
Disparity and uselessness: Thy name is Midsummer Madness.

crasher
07-12-2015, 02:47 AM
308 converters, and 84 mods of all other types (12 T4's).
Disparity and uselessness: Thy name is Midsummer Madness.
It would be kinda nice to have had a decent chance to get the mods to finish a few weapons rather than more and more mediocre blue weapons and enough mods to fit the same slot several times over but not the rest.

crazyged
07-12-2015, 03:23 AM
Yeah, gotta say they went all out to provide us with the best in mediocrity with this event...

Tex_Arcana
07-13-2015, 08:33 AM
It would be kinda nice to have had a decent chance to get the mods to finish a few weapons rather than more and more mediocre blue weapons and enough mods to fit the same slot several times over but not the rest.
What I find particularly ridiculous is that the were no Green drops at all.
Let alone the rarity of some mods (like External Recoil Reduction).
The complete imbalance and what I would deem obvious marketing gimmick of attempting to drive folks to the bitstore is galling at best.
And here at the end the tale of the tape has really got me scratching my head as to what Dev created the algorithm for the drop rate of mods AND weapons.
I did manage to slot fill the 6 weapons I wanted to keep; but 4 have stupid melee stocks.
Only 3 of them are OJ (AR, Thunder, and an SS-2. With the AR being the only one really worth it's weight. The SS-2 is actually terrible rolls...orange recoil roll ffs) .
Total Converter count: 328
Total all other mods: 92
One named drop would have been nice; but that is a luck of the draw thing which doesn't bother me so much.
At the end it simply comes down to the plain fact that this event was the worst I've experienced since starting last September.
Capped off by BMG spamming of epic proportions: The only thing one gets from that is a bonus headache from the stupid multiple beams and hex-shields. - They sure as heck don't do anything else worth mentioning...except exploit the terrible Arkfall scoring system.
Midsummer Madness gets a D- on it's report card.

Johnny Gatt
07-13-2015, 10:57 AM
I would have a lifetime supply of converter mags, but alas, I needed the inventory space.

Hexthat
07-13-2015, 12:00 PM
i was thinking about keeping a few sets for AR and have an ar of any nano as i need

TheStigsCousin
07-13-2015, 05:55 PM
Really funny story, for me anyway.

Yesterday I needed one more MM Major to complete the weekly for the final time. I finally found one after shard hopping to clan mates. I got there with with less than 10 minutes remaining. So I start doing what I can and boom, the event was over. Completed successfully. I got the little pop up saying I completed the contract and to claim my daily and weekly at The Fork. So I hit the fast travel, hop down to the boxes. I claim my daily -- another purple Ranger (about the 15th one) and a couple blue (of course) mods. So I move on to collect the weekly. I claim it, the little pop up shows me my claimed prizes. I see a purple mod, a couple blue mods. I was like, "What, no weapon?" I actually wasn't paying attention and it went by before I could look. So I open my inventory and scroll all the way down to the unfavorited section, and Lo and Behold.....

The Emancipator!!

I start giggling a little which then turned to a sad sigh. I realized I was on my 800ego alt toon :(
Anyone have a spare 10million ark forge to keep this thing levelled? lol

So then I decided to equip it and take it for test. It sucks! lmao
Fire rate is so slow it's like 3 seconds between shots! It also didn't do much damage unless I got a crit.

So long story even longer, I mean, short....
Those of you who didn't get the Emancipator, you're not missing anything :)

Tex_Arcana
07-13-2015, 10:38 PM
I would have taken reasonable rolls on the OJ SS-2 ;) ; but at this point I guess the best thing is to just put the whole event behind me...and move on...
http://a5.files.blazepress.com/image/upload/MTMwMjk0MTgwNjE3NDI2MTk0.gif

ZOP
07-14-2015, 10:41 AM
Really funny story, for me anyway.

So long story even longer, I mean, short....

I got the Emancipator as well. 3 T5s and 1 T4....it is poop!!! I'm in a PVP game, sneak up behind someone with an EGO of 1500....I'm EGO 6000 shot them 4 times with the Emancipator, they turn around and shoot me with an Infector, and I die? Really??? Also someone had posted about spending money in the store. I myself spend a lot of money in the store as well. I will say this, that comes to an end today!!! Just a thought, I wonder if everyone stopped spending money in the store, how long would Defiance last?

TheStigsCousin
07-14-2015, 11:12 AM
I got the Emancipator as well. 3 T5s and 1 T4....it is poop!!! I'm in a PVP game, sneak up behind someone with an EGO of 1500....I'm EGO 6000 shot them 4 times with the Emancipator, they turn around and shoot me with an Infector, and I die? Really??? Also someone had posted about spending money in the store. I myself spend a lot of money in the store as well. I will say this, that comes to an end today!!! Just a thought, I wonder if everyone stopped spending money in the store, how long would Defiance last?

Wow! You're in Naples? That's where I was born and lived there until i was in my 30's. Last time I went back a few years ago I actually got lost lol It has changed so much I didn't recognize my home town!

PithHelmetIrath
07-14-2015, 12:21 PM
Just a thought, I wonder if everyone stopped spending money in the store, how long would Defiance last?

^^^ Thought of the day, right here..

My guess? Not very long.

Guess it's also worth noting that T3 SP converter mods sold back to vendors are worth much less than other T3 SP mods.. noticed this last night before selling off my extra mods.

T3 SP Sustained Power Muzzle? 2000 scrip
T3 SP Syphon Converter? 400 scrip

tig3r
07-14-2015, 01:57 PM

"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind. "-Bob Marley-