PDA

View Full Version : Question: What is your favorite weapon(s) and why?

Fenikkusu Gatou
07-07-2015, 04:09 AM
I'm just curious. While some weapon preferences are obvious (power, rarity--whatever), inspecting others shows that what people have equipped really runs the gamut. So, what's your weapon(s) of choice? They can be what you have equipped now, or what you bring out for the Big Game or even a preference for a certain type of gun (pistol, shotgun, etc.)--just give a brief explanation of why you prefer it.

For instance, I basically cycle between 4 types of weapons: (Pistol, Shotty, Sniper and Blade) and I have a preference for weapons that charge, but not ones with high recoil (like the Cyclone Snipe or Particle Ultimag).

My absolute favorite, without question, is my Heartbreaker Flare pistol. It doesn't have the full set of mods (lacking a barrel), but that doesn't even matter. The one I have has electric nano, but it's a FLARE so not only does it have the possibility to stun enemies (great for anything that shoots at you, except maybe volge) it also sets them ON FIRE. With a 20 mag clip, this is the only Flare worth a damn, and the range is AMAZING. I use it to take out snipers when my other weapon is a blade or shotty. -Damage is not the highest, but rate of fire makes up for it and it literally burns through Afflicted. Only downside is that if you're too close to the target, it will also set YOU on fire, and if you don't time your rolls right, it takes a while to go out.

My back up pistol is a Volge Thunderer Pistol. The damage is high, and the shots stick to the target with a time-delayed burst. This is my high-damage, Big Game weapon. It has Bio nano, but mostly I use it for the direct damage. Better range than... well anything except a Snipe. Downside, again, is that if the enemy gets close to you when the shot finally goes off, well... there went your shields.

--

My shotty of choice is the VBI Cluster Shot. It's like a boomer that's actually a shotgun. Great damage. Decent range. Great rate of fire and with a T3 clip, you get 12 shots at a go. (Might want to upgrade for reload speed instead, depending on what it comes with. If it's 10 shots, go for speed). It's my other Big Game go-to gun. Downside is reload speed and the inevitable hurt that happens when enemies start swarming in too close.

My back up shotty is the VBI Tornado. I just recently picked this one up and I love it. It's a charge weapon, but the charge is super fast, and a full-charge focuses the pellets not only for higher damage, but also awesome knock-back. Not great for Volge or Big Game, but kills bugs and humanoid enemies like a boss. Downside is slow reload and tiny clip--so modding it means you have to choose one over the other.

--

And finally my Snipe. I have recently switched to a VOT Heavy Plasma Repeater, which is basically a Surge Bolter only Black and Purple and slightly more powerful (even though the one I have is only Uncommon). In this particular case, the preference of Surge Bolters is pretty obvious, because they are the best of the charge-type Snipes and ridiculously powerful for all that. No surprises here. The downside to Surge Bolters and also, the Plasma Repeater, is the extremely slow charge time (it's worse if you're moving at all). Most of the time, you're letting a shot go before the full charge is released. You still get a decent spread, but trying for that full charge often has you missing your mark. Otherwise it's exploding heads all around. Fun times.

--

Blades are an odd quirk. Most people I've heard (or read, rather) pretty much consider blades a joke. I actually prefer them for raiders and 99'ers. Sometimes Dark Matter too, unless it's a swarm of them. Obviously not good for bugs or bosses, they become null in high-level battles unless you're of a very high ego and have a epic or legendary blade to match, but they cut through Raiders like butter and I can usually instant kill them with a single jump attack. A great way to take down an enemy that runs all over, like raiders do. Especially with Blur.

This is my arsenal. I have a few others I experiment with, but if I sold the rest tomorrow, I wouldn't exactly cry because I pretty much only use what I've listed above.

So.. what gets you through the day in Defiance, weapon-wise?

Mister Derpenhowser
07-07-2015, 05:15 AM
I have a lot of weaps I like but my original DC-9 dancing lady is my fav, double crit rolls, crit mastery, special rolling thunder "T6" crit barrel, oj dmg roll, synergy dmg bonus & manufacturers dmg bonus. I use a lot of other stuff still but that weapon is just too good.

crazyged
07-07-2015, 05:18 AM
Yup, Dancing Lady wins hands down.

I've had both the original and the MKII.

The MKII is great for PVE and PVP.

After that, I'm a det freak - love blowing things up (including myself)!

Ray8888
07-07-2015, 05:22 AM
The Blaze is also my secondary weapon in my main loadout. I have a perfectly rolled OJ syphon and a decent OJ bio. I have the other nanos in purps but with these I really doubt I'll ever upgrade them.

But my favorite weapon is my GS Syphon SMG that procs blur. Fully T5ed with OJ DMG, Ego on crit, blue Mag, green FR, and white Crit. Only thing I don't like about the rolls is the mag cause it blurs on full reload. But really nitpicking at that point. Blur and overcharge at the same time is really fun. I have an electric ST SMG with similar rolls but it's just not as fun.

I have a Radiant Solstice Infector with triple fire rate from the original Christmas event that is about to get dusted off now that they fixed the bug damage too.

SaikoTeek
07-07-2015, 05:26 AM
My go to Ars are my Votan flash rifle mk ii w bio and my Cast springer w rad.

Shotty is my 2x dmg Orejana w dmg mastery, full t4. Don't step in front of that one.

The last love of my life is my ss det w oj dmg n dmg mastery. I rolled it from a baby purple and have had it forever.

PithHelmetIrath
07-07-2015, 05:43 AM
After that, I'm a det freak - love blowing things up (including myself)!

Likewise.. finally 'upgraded' to a better (grape) 7th Legion Gashima last night after RNGesus blessed my arkhunter!!

Soul Binder
07-07-2015, 07:02 AM
Have a lot of fun toys between my various toons, that said the CS-X Clustershot has been a must have for all of them almost since I first started playing defiance.
That endless chucka chucka chucka of explosive rounds spitting destruction never gets old and much as I love some of my dets the CS-X basically will never run dry of ammo.
Current one is a purple with a Incendiary converter and a +6 mag mastery that gives me 18 rounds of roasted afflicted before having to reload.
Have another purple on a second toon that I put a Bio converter on to strip armor off Bulworks and the like.
Even my newest toon has a blue CS-X that I lucked into at 300 ego.

After the CS-X other favorites are the SS-2 Ranger or any special version of it. Have an OJ ST Quick Repeater with Rad and Purple Blackened Hellfire Quick Repeater I use on my main toon for the lifesteal, but both leave me wishing they were Rangers for the double tap on damage.
Do have a purple Sovereign SS-2 with Syphon on another toon.

Main toon has a Radient Solstice GL-1 Groundpounder that I just made OJ for when I'm looking for serious carpet bombing.

So many great guns, I could keep listing them on and on lol.

Have to have a good AR/SMG/LMG for Volge hunting and while I don't care for them much against Volge, the Typhoon AR is an amazingly versatile weapon, part AR part Det all destruction.

Guess I'll leave it at that lol

Sevrin
07-07-2015, 08:03 AM
Since the question is "favorite" weapon (not best weapon), I will go with the Maid. Played an Expedition the other day when whole team used Maids...rocking fun! (I have first generation but would gladly trade a GA for a second gen :) )

Jerrmy12
07-07-2015, 08:14 AM
I have a lot of weaps I like but my original DC-9 dancing lady is my fav, double crit rolls, crit mastery, special rolling thunder "T6" crit barrel, oj dmg roll, synergy dmg bonus & manufacturers dmg bonus. I use a lot of other stuff still but that weapon is just too good.

How much crit dmg does your dc9 do vs shields?

Logain
07-07-2015, 08:20 AM
Since the question is "favorite" weapon (not best weapon), I will go with the Maid. Played an Expedition the other day when whole team used Maids...rocking fun! (I have first generation but would gladly trade a GA for a second gen :) )

I would make the argument that the Maid is one of the "best" weapons in the game. And is also a favorite of mine. Probably my favorite weapon type at the moment is the VBI SS-22 Ranger (I have several different types for different situations), then probably a tie between the FRC Repeater and the VBI HP-6 Wolfhound (One of these 3 is in 5 different load outs). My favorite Ranger (though not the best) is my 3x Mag 1x Crit Plate Slicer Native Bio Ranger (it's like a long range armor removing machine gun).

I guess I enjoy seeing all those high crit damage numbers :p

Yun
07-07-2015, 08:33 AM
My favorite gun would have to be my VOT Volge Typhoon AR. Not sure what the difference between it and a Typhoon X are as I've been trying to get one. Though out of all my AR's it does the most damage with going between 9-10k a shot.

My backup weapon is a purple 7th Legion Amakuni (been trying forever to nail an OJ one).

Other backup weapons right now are as needed as I'm working on some of the combat pursuits and some of my weapon types are only at rank 1 or 2.

Mister Derpenhowser
07-07-2015, 08:39 AM
How much crit dmg does your dc9 do vs shields?

Tbh I don't really look at the numbers flying off enemy heads, they're usually dead pretty quick though. It does have 2.8 crit.. or 2.9, something crazy like that.

I also love my maid, its my best deto for every occasion, and I generally run it with the dc-9 for ultimate destruction. Unless I'm in WM and then I'll be using the dc-5 (which will soon be replaced by the old JP wildcat when Rashere fixes it).

Derailer
07-07-2015, 09:14 AM
Hands down the most fun for me is always with couriers. Not an easy gun to use well but very satisfying when you stick things in the head.

My favorite one at the moment is a quartermaster with reload mastery two reload rolls and then two damage rolls on top. Has a .5 reload and does about 58k times 2 per shot.

David Irwin
07-07-2015, 09:24 AM
My fav has to be my frc scatter gun, pump shot gun with bio nano. It was blue when I got about 2500 ego ago ( I'm up to around 5570 these days) it had a really awesome fast rate of fire, and a great reload, great damage. nothing i could find i liked more, so the rarity was upgraded, mastered over and over a epic just for fun. eventually it became my first lengendary at around 4500 ego, its still my go to weapon in a crunch, or on expeditions cause it cuts through armor plates like butter, and one shot kills many many enemies. Looks terrible , but it sure gets the job done. I don't have the patience to buy and sell weapons in game, never have. that's why i took so long on my first oj.

Mrdr
07-07-2015, 02:44 PM
I love my Blackened Hellfire AR because it's just fun to shoot and deadly accurate with almost no recoil. The second favorite is my oj plate slicer blighter that was just nasty in pvp but now it's like 2500 ego below me and will take a long time bring up. And lastly my oj rad wolfhound with 6.2 crit.

BRYC3
07-07-2015, 08:41 PM
My favorite would be my oj plate slicer clustershot
Has 3x mag plus mag mastery
Bio converted
3 t4 and 1 t3 matching syn
Mag mastery
Mag
Mag
Crit mult
15% nade dmg
Mag

36 in one mag before reload

Trogathorna
07-07-2015, 10:05 PM
My fav and go to gun is my oj bio votan flash rifle. It has grenadier syn,recoil mastery n t5 err..also with the added help of my rig it has a -0.02 bloom.

JOCCO5150
07-08-2015, 12:19 AM
Dc8, GD, and bio spinal tap br

Claydough
07-08-2015, 04:27 AM
my favorite weapon currently is a vbi assault rifle

bio VBI Assault Rifle (new rolls)
Grenadier synergy

Recoil
Fire Rate
Critical Hit
10% Ego on Crit Kill
Damage

mastery x0.75

it is 0 recoil ar with dmg/crit/fr rolls! very nice to use however it lacks alot of fire power, but compaired to other ar's it is mint!

Deadeye Joe
07-08-2015, 05:13 AM
My favourite gun is a firewall oj grind fragger with bio nano. Full t5 mod, 31 mag size, reloads 8 rounds per animation and really quick reload time, mostly due to the reload mag. It's a relic these days and I was chuffed when I pulled it from one of my rare corporate splurges.

I'm also guilty of carpet bombing with my plate Slicer big boomer, mag size 10, fully t4 modded. Love that gun despite all the player haters...

Chaos and order have also been the only thing I have enjoyed during this event, they are a pleasure to use once they are t5'd

Love the diversity in this thread, nice to see some obscure weps GettiNg a shout out. Just shows that those threads calling for the removal of 'useless guns' would be causing disservice to the fans.

Belle Starr
07-08-2015, 06:53 AM
I LOVE SMGs in general, but my absolute fave is the VBI SMG-EEC, with it's 30% (Blue) to 50% (OJ) chance on a reload to cause you to blur! I love the ability to use two EGO powers at the same time, even if I don't have control of it! It is so much fun, and the not knowing when it will be triggered adds to that fun - and as my clan mates and friends will tell y'all, I'm all about the FUN! :D

http://en.defiance-wiki.com/wiki/images/1/18/VBI_EEC_SMG.png

Jeff Lonestar
07-08-2015, 07:05 AM
I have a Collection of SS-2 Ranger's in my Inventory, i have like 5 or 6 of them with different nanos & Synergy. lol So Definitely that Sniper Rifle! Same goes for SMGs especially Tachmags. I didnt like blast rifles til i got the piper as an untradable gift, now the Piper & Chimera's Empousa are my 2 fav blast rifles.

mark08859
07-08-2015, 07:06 AM
I don't know if this is my best weapon, but the favorite is my Frontier Saw modded with the Prepared synergy. It hits with some oomph (except in Alcatraz where all my weapons are basically useless) and the recoil is under control. A good all-around gun.

Tex_Arcana
07-08-2015, 08:19 AM
Devil's Advocate...because Devil's Advocate.
And by extension: Any solid semi-auto sniper rifle.
And the GL-X Incinerator; nothing is better at farming the Afflicted at Sieges and Incursions.

WeAllGoingToHell
07-08-2015, 08:31 AM
AK-47 because IRL nothing respawn's

Merilee
07-08-2015, 08:43 AM
Ghost Duster for me :)

Andraz
07-08-2015, 09:38 AM
1. DC-11 - It's never jammed on me and has always put the enemy on it's back. It's my go to for TL 10.
2. Undertaker - Always leaves my enemys headless.
3. Blackened Hellfire assult rifle - My go to for 99'ers, Scoped, good damage and crit, very accurate. Steath outfit go in quick hit'em hard and im outa there.
4. OJ Vot Blast, Elect, Spinal tap - Great for arkfalls, just enough spread pattern to hit the skitters with ease. Great for any situation.
5. Fates Kiss - Gives the infected heavy boots
6. Radiant Solstice Blast Rifle - I love my radiant but, still trying to get a good mastery. Once i do it will move up in the list. Good for any situation.
7. OJ Vot tachmag, fire, Spinal tap - Awesome reload .8, good firing rate and damage. Great for when there are alot of enemys but, burns through ammo.

Ray8888
07-08-2015, 09:45 AM
I LOVE SMGs in general, but my absolute fave is the VBI SMG-EEC

We are gun buddys!!! Main load out is this (two EGO powers) with a Blaze (two nanos).

Cobra Crusher
07-08-2015, 05:57 PM
Insert DF MK2 joke here.