PDA

View Full Version : ...Saying Goodbye

KingNephilim
07-11-2015, 07:38 AM
Been in the process of leaving the game for a little while now, but I can't seem to get there. I've already told a few people, but that hasn't helped. Hoping this post will push me over the edge.

A few days ago I finally got my last needed trophy for the game... vehicular manslaughter (shout out to Mrdr), & the subsequent platinum. I reached ego 5900 long before, when that was the cap & being max ego was still considered cool. I did all the missions, completed almost all of the pursuits, tried & completed at least one round of all the expeditions solo & in a team, mastered all the co-op maps, participated in a bunch of holiday events, did alot of in-game trading, bought a few dlc's,, spent a few bits, aquired a few nameds, dominated pvp a few times... got my *** kicked alot more times. I'm not sure what else there is to do. The game seems... flat, now. Maybe it's all the changes? Maybe i'm just burnt out? ...I dunno.

I've been logging on every so often recently after taking a long break from Defiance, but... I just can't seem to find the zeal I once had for the game. I used to play for hours, everyday, religiously. I thought defiance was amazing. Now, I can barely stomach 90 mins of it. Not sure what happened between then & now. This midsummer event is atrociously bad, btw... I can't even begin to get into it. I feel bad for those who have to endure it as their first holiday event.

I will admit that there is also one last thing that is giving me pause... one more thing I want to do before I go. I want to give away my weapons. Every item that's not untradeable I'd prefer to give to persons who I know will use & treasure them. I don't want them to become another piece for a collector or a bargining chip for a frequent trader, or worst of all... broken down & scrapped for mods. I realize once they're out of my hands I have no say in how they're used, which is why most have not yet left my hands. But I don't want them to go to waste if I stop playing & they stay with my character. I always took great care, time & effort to properly mod & upgrade any weapon I kept. These are older weapons that can no longer be aquired, except through trade. How do I decide who to pass my arms to? I'll figure it out, I guess.

Anyway, thanks for reading... thanks to everyone who I interacted with who made this game fun... thanks to my clan for all the support & good times... thanks to all the people that hated me & gave me reasons to be amused... thanks to all the friends I made & people who really had my back...

...See you around, Defiance

SaikoTeek
07-11-2015, 08:22 AM
I can relate, even though I haven't done as much as you have, I get the same vibe toward the game. I've even tried to create things to occupy my time like grinding out to build purples into fully t4d/t5d beasts, but even that gets old.

I wish you well. Maybe things will pick up for a lot more of us.

konstantinov
07-11-2015, 08:26 AM
Later neph.

edispilfnairb
07-11-2015, 09:00 AM
My suggestion, keep at least enough on all your load outs in case you get the itch to come back.

Johnny Stranger
07-11-2015, 09:33 AM
King, it's been a pleasure playing defiance with ya brother !!! like Flip said, keep some gear in your inventory.... I am sure we will cross paths in game again ...even if not defiance... Good luck with real life bro, all the best in RL and gaming !!!

Mrdr
07-11-2015, 10:24 AM
Glad I could help you out. Wish I met you a long time ago. I think Johnny and Flip are right though. Keep some stuff around in your inventory. Otherwise give some to someone who will store them for you just in case. It was nice knowing you and a pleasure to help you reach your goal. Hope to see you around again soon.

KingNephilim
07-11-2015, 10:26 AM
My suggestion, keep at least enough on all your load outs in case you get the itch to come back.

Lol, I thought the same thing... but I have almost enough untradeables to keep me geared up, just in case.

KingNephilim
07-11-2015, 10:28 AM
King, it's been a pleasure playing defiance with ya brother !!! like Flip said, keep some gear in your inventory.... I am sure we will cross paths in game again ...even if not defiance... Good luck with real life bro, all the best in RL and gaming !!!

Pleasure playing with you as well. Give my regards to the clan.
...btw, do you know if Tolak has a golden ring?

Fallen_Aingeal
07-11-2015, 01:41 PM
Only ran into ya a few times. Hope you well, man!

~Reb

Ray8888
07-11-2015, 02:00 PM
Just take a vacation! I hate to see the older guys go.

Johnny Stranger
07-11-2015, 02:49 PM
I'll ask him if I see him tonite

Sea_Jay
07-11-2015, 03:14 PM
DEFIANCE is a very limitted game.
If you want a real large community of friends, join Second Life.
No hellbugs to shoot, but you can set up your own head crabs & blast away at them,
but more importantly you can build or buy a home, join fun groups you'll love forever, and generally do or be anything you want !

SecondLife has members for decades & always something new to do,
always some parties going on on-line,
always people to chat with, & lots of great friends.
You can also build in game ANYTHING you can imagine.

No Shtako !

r1p
07-11-2015, 04:26 PM
Neph, it was a pleasure. You are one of the good ones and every time a player like you leaves the game suffers. Unfortunately it seems like this is becoming more frequent as of late.

KingNephilim
07-11-2015, 04:32 PM
Neph, it was a pleasure. You are one of the good ones and every time a player like you leaves the game suffers. Unfortunately it seems like this is becoming more frequent as of late.

Definately a pleasure r1p... You & Tura were the first one's I thought about giving my items too. I wish i had something good to give you, that you don't already have 100 of -_-

r1p
07-11-2015, 05:21 PM
Definately a pleasure r1p... You & Tura were the first one's I thought about giving my items too. I wish i had something good to give you, that you don't already have 100 of -_-

I appreciate the sentiment bubba, but you are right I don't need anything. I understand that you are done with the game but it won't kill anyone if you hold onto any of the weapons that you were especially fond of just in case you decide to come back every once in a while to visit. No need to give everything away :)

cmpowell
07-11-2015, 05:37 PM
Sorry to hear you're leaving, man. I know it's hard to keep the grind going. Even I have to take a break, lol

Chump Norris
07-11-2015, 08:36 PM
It was good to have met you king I hope whatever game you move on to is awesome. You should take the advice of the others and keep some stuff because you may wanna come back someday. I expect others to be following you out the door with some of the newer games ive seen coming out.

Greybush
07-11-2015, 08:55 PM
See ya Neph. Have fun with whatever lies ahead.

Kylae
07-11-2015, 09:18 PM
Take care man have fun in the post-defiance world

Ryu Soba JP
07-12-2015, 01:54 AM
Sorry I didn't get to help you neph. Glad you got your trophy though. I agree with the above. Just take a break again and come back see how it feels. Lately I think we all are feeling a little uninterested and even disappointed. Anyway, wish ya the best.

Bonehead
07-12-2015, 08:50 AM
Adios Neph...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEqUyNaSdvg

CowdBlud
07-13-2015, 12:02 AM
said this a million times... what no end game content!

You got expeditions... thats about it...
everything else you've done a million times before... no more challenges to chase, uber hard achievements to strive for...

As i say to people when they reach 6k: "Welcome to the what now club".

Needs to be addressed pls!