PDA

View Full Version : Stims and Spikes not working

Soul Binder
07-11-2015, 01:53 PM
Having serious problem with Armor Repair stims failing to actually repair Armor plates. The animation shows the use and the Stim cooldown timer starts but no repair is made. Same thing happens with Ammo Spikes, animation shows character deploying spike but no spike appears and no ammo generated.

Had these issues happen during major Arkfalls, Expos, Conflicts, Sieges etc.
Not all the time but often enough to become highly aggravating as usually it's in middle of extremely hot battle when the Armor and Ammo are desperately needed.

Oh and I've also had enemies become immune to regular weapons fire, shots pass right through them without doing damage while they continue shooting me. Generally tossing a grenade on them will make them start taking damage again but not always.

Valethar
07-11-2015, 02:08 PM
Had a spike not deploy on me yesterday while doing the Volge incursion at the bath house. Thought it may have glitched and fallen through the ground, since some of the troopers were doing that, then reappearing a ways off where they spawned.

clay marrow
07-11-2015, 02:11 PM
Ive seen this as well the past few days. When an enemy will not take damage from my primary switching to secondary usually will work but not always, needing to use an ammo spike and it not working is as frustrating a glitch as there is. Nothing like shooting a bullwark and running out of ammo just before its dead then it kills you...

Mister Derpenhowser
07-11-2015, 02:14 PM
I've had stims not actually repair plates in expo boss fights, highly irritating. Not sure what patch it was but its brought back a lot of bugs that were fixed ages ago. Been having trouble with group text not sending too lately. If I played like I used to I'm sure I'd spot lots of other stuff but I've lost interest in the game... feels like a chore logging in these days.

Valethar
07-11-2015, 02:19 PM
Ive seen this as well the past few days. When an enemy will not take damage from my primary switching to secondary usually will work but not always, needing to use an ammo spike and it not working is as frustrating a glitch as there is. Nothing like shooting a bullwark and running out of ammo just before its dead then it kills you...

I've noticed a lot of Bulwarks don't appear to take damage while doing the MM events. I thought maybe it was something to do with those shields you see on some of them, or that the UI was glitching again similar to the way the scoring vanishes, etc.. Are they supposed to be immune for a time, or should I be seeing shield damage, even if it's a zero like the Monitor's shield wall?

Mister Derpenhowser
07-11-2015, 02:30 PM
I've noticed a lot of Bulwarks don't appear to take damage while doing the MM events. I thought maybe it was something to do with those shields you see on some of them, or that the UI was glitching again similar to the way the scoring vanishes, etc.. Are they supposed to be immune for a time, or should I be seeing shield damage, even if it's a zero like the Monitor's shield wall?

Its the 10 armor plates, as soon as one is popped the numbers start flying. I assume we are doing dmg to them because they start shooting at you if you shoot them.. but you don't get score until a plate is popped, or you're using an infector (possibly bmg also but I don't use them so never tested it).

SirServed
07-11-2015, 03:05 PM
Its the 10 armor plates, as soon as one is popped the numbers start flying. I assume we are doing dmg to them because they start shooting at you if you shoot them.. but you don't get score until a plate is popped, or you're using an infector (possibly bmg also but I don't use them so never tested it).
With 10 Armor Plates you're not doing damage to them unless you have a weapon that has an Armor Penetration value. What you are dealing damage to is its Armor Plate Durability, the game just doesn't show you the numbers. The values are 10% for a non Bio nano weapon/100% when an enemy has a Bio effect on them and 125% for a Bio nano weapon.

In regards to the OP, I've always fixed this issue by removing and replacing the offending Spike or Stim. When a wounded enemy becomes immune to your gunfire, switch weapons. That often happens to me when my Zagger should have instantly killed an enemy but their health bar decided to go into a state of immunity. A good example of this is when the Dark Matter EGO Boost is active, my Zagger will wound but not kill.

Valethar
07-11-2015, 03:20 PM
Ok, that makes sense then. I'm using an electric nano AR or SMG most of the time at the MM events, so that would explain the lack of any damage numbers right away.

crasher
07-11-2015, 03:45 PM
Having serious problem with Armor Repair stims failing to actually repair Armor plates. The animation shows the use and the Stim cooldown timer starts but no repair is made. Same thing happens with Ammo Spikes, animation shows character deploying spike but no spike appears and no ammo generated.

Not all the time but often enough to become highly aggravating as usually it's in middle of extremely hot battle when the Armor and Ammo are desperately needed.

Oh and I've also had enemies become immune to regular weapons fire, shots pass right through them without doing damage while they continue shooting me. Generally tossing a grenade on them will make them start taking damage again but not always.
Yeah, I've had the spike issue a few times, as you say - when you need 'em and don't get 'em, it's a killer.
I keep forgetting to remember that one when I nag.

As Clay said: SOMEtimes you can just swap to alt weapon and back, but it's not foolproof.

@ Derp: It's not just the group texts that don't go through. area/zone, /t, and /r don't work either.

Olaf
07-12-2015, 05:06 AM
I've had stims not actually repair plates in expo boss fights, highly irritating. Not sure what patch it was but its brought back a lot of bugs that were fixed ages ago. Been having trouble with group text not sending too lately. If I played like I used to I'm sure I'd spot lots of other stuff but I've lost interest in the game... feels like a chore logging in these days.

I've noticed this myself too with the armor repair stim. Not sure what caused it or why but it is indeed annoying.

Grandpa Ace
07-12-2015, 06:09 AM
I've also experienced these failures (Below copied from 1st post)
GPA

Having serious problem with Armor Repair stems failing to actually repair Armor plates. The animation shows the use and the Stem cool down timer starts but no repair is made. Same thing happens with Ammo Spikes, animation shows character deploying spike but no spike appears and no ammo generated.