PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me????

TwistedSynns
04-05-2013, 04:03 PM
Or is it every time they shut down the server to "patch/fix" something it makes the game 100x's worse. I have been playing all day w/o a single problem , everything has been running smooth as if it was an offline game. Then they shut it down to "fix" it and now , i lag everywhere , cant switch weapons , take forever to open a shop , stuck in my car. Fix 1 problem create 10 more

GodSpark
04-05-2013, 04:08 PM
Or is it every time they shut down the server to "patch/fix" something it makes the game 100x's worse. I have been playing all day w/o a single problem , everything has been running smooth as if it was an offline game. Then they shut it down to "fix" it and now , i lag everywhere , cant switch weapons , take forever to open a shop , stuck in my car. Fix 1 problem create 10 more

If you were playing all day without a single problem, then you were playing post-patch without a single problem as they patched it like this yesterday. So how can every patch make it worse if, in fact, it made things better?

The answer is because people are stressing the servers right now. It's a Friday, they just dropped a patch, some people got on somehow before the patch was finished, and now everyone else is coming on. This causing a shtako-ton of lag.

Inda Skies 01
04-05-2013, 04:10 PM
It's unbearable

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
04-05-2013, 04:11 PM
Yep. The servers will lag in most places after a patch has been dropped because of the sheer number of people logging back on. Puts the cluster under heavy stress ya know. That stress creates lag.

Some dont experience this lag because the area that they play in probably does not have a large amount of players logging in all at once. I live about an hour from Detroit so I'm not quite so lucky. :p

BonnBonn
04-05-2013, 05:46 PM
Yeah I only have lag in high traffic areas, but when I'm roaming the wilds I'm running smoothly. It's like in WoW going from Razorhill to Org on a bad comp, 30 fps, to 10, to 3, to dc haha

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
04-05-2013, 05:52 PM
I've been able to do a few side missions before lag sets in again. Then I just go back to dancing on the corner of Iron Demon Ranch while siphoning the experience and key codes from the people killing the hellbugs just out front. :p

Occasionally I'll see a flying hellbug or riderless ATV, or people get stuck in the air and it looks like they're swimming. xD