PDA

View Full Version : Specific enemy hunt during expeditions

Jozay
07-16-2015, 10:05 AM
I try to search mutants on war below and i get raiders and vise versa sometimes. Whats up with that?

superstorm
07-16-2015, 10:15 AM
I try to search mutants on war below and i get raiders and vise versa sometimes. Whats up with that?
Who said that only mutants must be on war below?

Jozay
07-16-2015, 10:23 AM
Who said that only mutants must be on war below?

Well that sucks when trying to complete daily or weekly.

Ray8888
07-16-2015, 11:46 AM
Sometimes it throws you where it wants you. I've had it happen in the middle too, finish a Rd of hellbugs start back up and it's mutants.

Tauriiel
07-16-2015, 12:00 PM
Sometimes it throws you where it wants you. I've had it happen in the middle too, finish a Rd of hellbugs start back up and it's mutants.

After a round is completed and you're chilling in Alcatraz awaiting for the next one to begin, your group leader must choose whether to continue the current expedition or opt for something different. I believe the default option may be a 'quick match', which just throws you wherever. Have your group leader (if you aren't) select whatever expedition you were previously doing so that you can continue it.

Is the above what you meant as well, Jozay? Expeditions also toss random (small) teams of an opposite enemy at you. Example being, I normally run Hellbug Hunt and there's usually a small team of mutants (or) raiders that pop up around a corner, but it doesn't switch to them as the main enemy.

Anyway, I hope my response is somewhat helpful.

Ray8888
07-16-2015, 12:02 PM
Nope, just continuing with the same group. It's happened a few times.

wuzup916
07-16-2015, 12:12 PM
I think i know what he's talking about.. when you pick hellbugs then you get the hellbug level every time but when you pick the war below or the stolen purpose then it's not the enemies/boss it suppose to be. I'm not talking about the random group of enemies in the middle of the level either. It's really annoying when trying to do expeditions contracts so i don't even try no more for those.. I just chalked it up to trion logic again and it'll never be fixed.

tpollett
07-16-2015, 12:18 PM
The way the options are is you can choose your location and get either raiders or mutants or you can choose hell bugs and go to either the bunker or the caves. I guess you can now choose heaven sent which will send you inside an ark break and fighting dark matter.

Also; I agree with the OP that it's very annoying to need a mutant expedition and get raiders multiple times in a row going to the war below; my record is fourteen consecutive rounds of war below resulted in raiders. Very very annoying that I almost didn't complete a contract after fourteen rounds.

I've had the mid-round switch happen a few times but that was all during the first week when I think the matchmaking was trying to group people up as it always sent me to an expedition that was already in progress. Kind of a shock to be fighting mutants in the bunker then get ported to the caves and fight hellbugs after the first area. But I haven't seen that since second week of expeditions being available that I can remember.

Tauriiel
07-16-2015, 12:26 PM
Oh, like the end bosses? Egs; needing Jackson but getting something else? If that's what it is then - - yeah, it's tedious as hell to keep going into the same expo over and over in attempts to land the enemy you need to defeat. Not sure if it chalks up to rounds or just generated luck. If it's the latter, I'm clearly in the negative as it takes me nearly 4/5 rounds each time to come upon the boss I need. There's hardly even a bright side to this, either, considering blues drop like rain (for me, anyway).

Hwuh, sorry to not be of any help! Casually returns to lurking.

tpollett
07-16-2015, 01:01 PM
Yeah; but also just needing any mutant expedition at round 3+. Haven't had too much trouble with needing say Dekuso Jr. and getting the hulker more than 3-4 times in a row, though that does happen frequently. I accept that as just RNG; it's needing just any mutant expo and not being able to get for 5+ rounds.

Personally I think it should be an option to choose which enemies you fight in which location every time. When I solo I only want to fight hell bugs in the raider caverns. I'd like the option to only fight hell bugs in the raider caverns.