PDA

View Full Version : Melee Weapons

xBasx
07-17-2015, 03:02 AM
Hey guys! I'm new in this game (I've been playing for 1 month more or less ) and I wonder if there are any melee weapons playable without dlc's. I tried to solve this question by myself but I didn't find an answer :(

Soundtrack26
07-17-2015, 03:13 AM
...um theres a "fist thang" i don't remember the name but its sorta a "free" melee weapon. lol

JOCCO5150
07-17-2015, 03:16 AM
The carver, and the plague blade

Elucidate
07-17-2015, 03:17 AM
There is technically 3. The Carving Knife, and the Plague one which are the only tradeable sword. And then theres the charge blade from the elite lockbox but its not tradeable. In order to get this one though, youd need to have increased key capacity either by buying it from the bit store or getting a retail copy which would be cheaper

xBasx
07-17-2015, 03:22 AM
Thanks for the reply! One more thing xD How can I obtain The carver and The plague blade ? I do not find them in the database ^^"

Elucidate
07-17-2015, 03:35 AM
Thanks for the reply! One more thing xD How can I obtain The carver and The plague blade ? I do not find them in the database ^^"

the plague one is nearly impossible to find now. As far as the carving knife goes, depending on which platform you play, you might be able to get one for several millions of scrip ( if youre lucky )

xBasx
07-17-2015, 03:44 AM
wow :'( seems impossible to me at the moment ... Anyways, thanks for the fast reply :)

Onawin
07-20-2015, 01:55 PM
Kind of seems like a lot of effort was done on Trion's part to keep melee weapons out of the hands of the average player, especially considering that an entire quarter of their skill grid is devoted to melee.

If they don't want everyone to have lightsabers, fine. But you would think that there would be machetes or batons and such.

Valethar
07-20-2015, 02:04 PM
Kind of seems like a lot of effort was done on Trion's part to keep melee weapons out of the hands of the average player, especially considering that an entire quarter of their skill grid is devoted to melee.

If they don't want everyone to have lightsabers, fine. But you would think that there would be machetes or batons and such.

They're under the mistaken impression that running around smacking people in the face with a gun is 'fun gameplay'.

You can, however, obtain the Omec Stun Rod by entering the code from last weeks TV episode. Simply log into your Glyph account (https://store.trionworlds.com/account/profile/manage-game!input.action?dd=1), select 'apply code' from the account tab, and enter 'aloe vera'. This will put a box in your item claims for each character that will allow you to acquire the weapon.

cmpowell
07-20-2015, 02:25 PM
They're under the mistaken impression that running around smacking people in the face with a gun is 'fun gameplay'.

You can, however, obtain the Omec Stun Rod by entering the code from last weeks TV episode. Simply log into your Glyph account (https://store.trionworlds.com/account/profile/manage-game!input.action?dd=1), select 'apply code' from the account tab, and enter 'aloe vera'. This will put a box in your item claims for each character that will allow you to acquire the weapon.

Good advice.

You can also buy dlc 1 and do the arenas for rep to earn a sword

Onawin
07-20-2015, 06:08 PM
Yeah, I got the baton. But really, if the game has 25% of its tree geared towards melee builds, why are melee weapons behind a wall? Of course, we know the actual answer. But it's still poor design.

crasher
07-20-2015, 09:24 PM

They're also still under the impression that pushing an ATV (with the delicate steering of a herd of cattle) while threading through potholes, stumps and Monarchs, to arrive at the destination 1.4 seconds slower than you needed to, is scads of mirth and merriment, too.

The time trials would/could actually be 'fun' if every single impediment within 30 feet of whereever you happened to be at the moment wasn't at the center of a deep Einsteinian gravity well that sucked you to it like a moth to a bugzapper on a dark night.

Yeah, I got the baton. But really, if the game has 25% of its tree geared towards melee builds, why are melee weapons behind a wall? Of course, we know the actual answer. But it's still poor design.
You say 'poor design' as if the results weren't actually exactly what the devs designed on purpose.

Tex_Arcana
07-21-2015, 02:41 PM
There is technically 3. The Carving Knife, and the Plague one which are the only tradeable sword. And then theres the charge blade from the elite lockbox but its not tradeable. In order to get this one though, youd need to have increased key capacity either by buying it from the bit store or getting a retail copy which would be cheaper
'Luce, I am nearly 100% sure the 7th Legion Blade (it was blue/t3) I received from a keybox was from the blue box.
Back before I bought the dlc bundle....

Cobra Crusher
07-21-2015, 03:01 PM
'Luce, I am nearly 100% sure the 7th Legion Blade (it was blue/t3) I received from a keybox was from the blue box.
Back before I bought the dlc bundle....

7th legion blades i get from SV conflicts but cant use them without DLC.

Valethar
07-21-2015, 04:11 PM
They're also still under the impression that pushing an ATV (with the delicate steering of a herd of cattle) while threading through potholes, stumps and Monarchs, to arrive at the destination 1.4 seconds slower than you needed to, is scads of mirth and merriment, too.

LOL Right?

You ever notice how you can be going at max boost towards something like a derelict car or a tree stump, and when you hit it you launch into the air (usually) in the same direction you were headed anyway, but if you hit some mouse poo in the road, you stop as though you slammed into a wall?

Must be some Votan physics in play as a result of the terraforming. :D

NecroMonger
07-21-2015, 06:06 PM
I just started playing a week or so a go, and I just got the Omec Stun Rod. I like the way it plays but they need to stop or lower the amount of screen movement, playing it to long makes me fell sick. BTW, where can you get the Blade Mod that goes with these weapons?

Tex_Arcana
07-21-2015, 06:27 PM
7th legion blades i get from SV conflicts but cant use them without DLC.
There was one blade that was useable by non-dlc players: It was blue (at least in my case), and I got it before I had the DLC's (know this with 100% certainty). - I was able to wield it right out of the box.
It dropped from a keybox. I am certain it dropped from a blue keybox (I did not have DLC's yet and did not pay to upgrade key inventory. - I simply decided to buy the bundle during the sale that was held during the American Thanksgiving Event).
The only thing I cannot recall was whether it was Casti or 7th Legion (though for some reason, 7th Legion rings the loudest bell in my head).
This box drop occurred last fall (Very early October).

Arcade
07-21-2015, 06:53 PM
I just started playing a week or so a go, and I just got the Omec Stun Rod. I like the way it plays but they need to stop or lower the amount of screen movement, playing it to long makes me fell sick. BTW, where can you get the Blade Mod that goes with these weapons?
The other melee weapons are actual swords, they don't start off as hilts that you add blades to. I think this Omec Rod is supposed to be like a cattle prod, but they just reused all of the standard sword animations. The blade mods sold in the bit store change the color of the original sword's blade, nothing more... so I would suggest not buying one for the Omec Rod or adding a mod slot to it. I have no idea what goes there, but bits cost real money so it's best to let somebody else experiment with that... :)

Atticus Batman
07-21-2015, 07:00 PM
There was one blade that was useable by non-dlc players: It was blue (at least in my case), and I got it before I had the DLC's (know this with 100% certainty). - I was able to wield it right out of the box.
It dropped from a keybox. I am certain it dropped from a blue keybox (I did not have DLC's yet and did not pay to upgrade key inventory. - I simply decided to buy the bundle during the sale that was held during the American Thanksgiving Event).
The only thing I cannot recall was whether it was Casti or 7th Legion (though for some reason, 7th Legion rings the loudest bell in my head).
This box drop occurred last fall (Very early October).

It was Casti. Casti blades have been obtainable in the lockboxes since DLC 1 came out but are extremely rare as even people without the DLC can use them. There were also Casti blades in the Corporate espionage box with those synergies.

Cobra Crusher
07-21-2015, 11:43 PM
The other melee weapons are actual swords, they don't start off as hilts that you add blades to. I think this Omec Rod is supposed to be like a cattle prod, but they just reused all of the standard sword animations. The blade mods sold in the bit store change the color of the original sword's blade, nothing more... so I would suggest not buying one for the Omec Rod or adding a mod slot to it. I have no idea what goes there, but bits cost real money so it's best to let somebody else experiment with that... :)

The slot is for the colored blade mods. It changes the color of the balls on the rod. lol

Amack
07-21-2015, 11:52 PM
The time trials would/could actually be 'fun' if every single impediment within 30 feet of whereever you happened to be at the moment wasn't at the center of a deep Einsteinian gravity well that sucked you to it like a moth to a bugzapper on a dark night.

Yah, this has to be my new favorite Crasher quote, fo sho.

I'd prefer if this game was run on the Disrupt Engine myself, that would make driving fun.
This engine just ain't up to par with what we have come to expect and enjoy.

Tex_Arcana
07-22-2015, 01:57 PM
It was Casti. Casti blades have been obtainable in the lockboxes since DLC 1 came out but are extremely rare as even people without the DLC can use them. There were also Casti blades in the Corporate espionage box with those synergies.
Thanks Batman.
My old brain is...old... ;)

Dixie Cougar
07-22-2015, 02:02 PM
The slot is for the colored blade mods. It changes the color of the balls on the rod. lol

Blue ball is best ball.

Wait...

Tex_Arcana
07-22-2015, 02:06 PM
Blue ball is best ball.

Wait...
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/2952565/oh-my-goodness-o.gif

Onawin
07-23-2015, 07:32 PM
You say 'poor design' as if the results weren't actually exactly what the devs designed on purpose.
No, I say it because it's completely obvious that they're imposing a pay wall on a style of play that the game otherwise supports with 25% of its available skill tree. When you're that desperate, and therefor that obvious, less potential customers will be even interested.

stefb42
07-24-2015, 03:28 AM
No, I say it because it's completely obvious that they're imposing a pay wall on a style of play that the game otherwise supports with 25% of its available skill tree. When you're that desperate, and therefor that obvious, less potential customers will be even interested.

The 25% of the skill tree your going on about was in the game long before blades were, we used to you know, use the butts of our guns, point is you don't need a blade to use them

Reason blades are so hard to obtain is because you can't have everything for free, some of us bought the dlc, it was the dlc that introduced blades, not the game, people who pay for dlc have to get something non dlc owners cant easily get, otherwise why would anyone actually buy the dlc in the 1st place?

Soundtrack26
07-24-2015, 05:50 AM
Must be some Votan physics in play as a result of the terraforming. :D

Ha that was pretty damn funny

Onawin
07-24-2015, 01:53 PM
The 25% of the skill tree your going on about was in the game long before blades were, we used to you know, use the butts of our guns, point is you don't need a blade to use them
I'm aware. That's also irrelevant. If such a large portion of the game's meta is based on melee, then why do characters have to leap through hoops to specialize in it? We know the answer, of course. It's just obvious and, quite frankly, ******ed.

Reason blades are so hard to obtain is because you can't have everything for free,
Never did I even remotely hint that I wanted everything for free. Please read my posts before you knee-jerk a reaction to them.

some of us bought the dlc, it was the dlc that introduced blades, not the game, people who pay for dlc have to get something non dlc owners cant easily get, otherwise why would anyone actually buy the dlc in the 1st place?
For items and content, duh. But that doesn't mean such a large portion of the skill grid being effectively behind a pay wall isn't the most obviously sleezy thing in the world. As I said earlier, if energy blades are out of the question because people who paid for the DLC would get offended, then why aren't there things like machetes, batons, etc that are readily available to the player base?

stefb42
07-24-2015, 02:13 PM
Point is the skills aren't locked behind a paywall, all guns have a melee function, they even have melee based mods to increase the dmg of melee

I think the paywall that has emerged since free to play is disgraceful too, but I think peoples anger needs to be focused on the stuff that's actually an issue like hunter reqs and chip pullers and daily/weekly contracts being expeditions, not on something that isn't really an issue, like I said the skills existed long before the first blade did, they were intended to be used with the melee function of your guns, it's a simple concept really, the blade is in no way shape or form required to take advantage of the melee perks

Edit: You know what I do with swords? Insta salvage, they suck, the melee function of our guns is just as effective, and you can shoot it too, it's obvious from your rants you've never used a sword, chances are if you ever do you're going to be majorly disappointed by them, they're novel for about 5 mins, but once you've had your *** handed to you time and time again by a threat level 10 viscera or minigunner or whatever the novelty soon wears off

Onawin
07-24-2015, 02:33 PM
Point is the skills aren't locked behind a paywall, all guns have a melee function, they even have melee based mods to increase the dmg of melee
The game allows you tospecialize in melee for free. Then it forces you to pay for the weapons which best make use of the talents in which you specced. This is an obvious paywall. Stop the developer ********.

Edit: You know what I do with swords? Insta salvage, they suck, the melee function of our guns is just as effective, and you can shoot it too, it's obvious from your rants you've never used a sword, chances are if you ever do you're going to be majorly disappointed by them, they're novel for about 5 mins, but once you've had your *** handed to you time and time again by a threat level 10 viscera or minigunner or whatever the novelty soon wears off
I have not ranted. Classifying my posts as such just further shows that your responses are 100% emotionally driven.

I have used melee weapons. Saying that they aren't as effective as guns in melee is the height of absurdity. This can be fixed, the melee-oriented player-base placated, and a small bit of reputation with said player base completely patched up by just introducing some f2p options for melee weapons, ala machetes and batons and other such mundane things.

stefb42
07-24-2015, 03:18 PM
You know what? I honestly couldn't care less if everyone was able to use swords, but they truly are terrible, but you're trying to act like melee skills are locked behind a paywall when they really aren't, like I said complain about the real paywalls in place, not something that can so easily dismissed with some facts, hell start a campaign for everyone to get blades of that's your thing, just don't do it under false pretences as they will see straight through it

Ohand if you'd been here for any longer than a few days you'd know developer ******** absolutely ain't my thing, I paid for my game and totally disagree with all this crap they're pulling and have no issue telling them

Tex_Arcana
07-24-2015, 03:34 PM
I like bloody bayonets.
Sword's belong stuck in stones, or in the hands of Dovakhin.

Onawin
07-24-2015, 04:18 PM
You know what? I honestly couldn't care less if everyone was able to use swords, but they truly are terrible, but you're trying to act like melee skills are locked behind a paywall when they really aren't,
Whether melee is terrible or not is not relevant to the conversation.

And no, the skills aren't. Just the relevant weapons. This is clearly sleezy and it's very obvious what the intention is.

like I said complain about the real paywalls in place, not something that can so easily dismissed with some facts, hell start a campaign for everyone to get blades of that's your thing, just don't do it under false pretences as they will see straight through itAgain, never said anywhere in my posts that I want everyone to have energy blades. Please, by all means, copy/paste where I said that. I won't hold my breath; you won't, because you can't.

Tex_Arcana
07-24-2015, 04:30 PM
While I won't disagree that one has to pay to access most of the "swords" in the the game, I will say the price of admission is cheap.
The "paywall" has been there for a long time now; but for a very small price one can have access to them all.
It should also be pointed out that complaining about the price admission also predicates an unwillingness to open up the full capability of the game.
I am very happy that I was able to get all the DLC content for a very reasonable price ($20.00 on sale).
Not only did it open up the "swords" (if I cared); it opened up the Chimera (good sword and shield for repping-up with them plus...arkforge and T5 mods).
Add to that: 7th Legion, and the Casti's.
If one is going to complain about Expos, and the recent evolution of the game (and it's link to paywall): Then I'm pretty much onside.
But not when it comes to what I believe is a solid, and basic investment in enjoyment of the game.

Amack
07-24-2015, 04:35 PM
it's very obvious what the intention is.

Explain to me your view of the intention and that will decide which side of this argument I am on.

I cannot argue anything you have posted Onawin. Nor do I want to at this time. Sleazy? Maybe. Desperate? Perhaps. Necessary? In my opinion yes.

stefb42
07-24-2015, 04:58 PM
Seriously how long have you played? How hard is it to understand that your guns have a melee function? How hard is it to understand that the melee perks work with the guns melee? I only said the perks aren't locked behind a paywall as you can use them fine with the guns melee action

So I don't quite get what you want, on the one hand your saying the necessary weapons for use with melee perks are locked behind a paywall, but you don't want the weapons you feel are required for free, so what do you want?

I merely explained why charge blades aren't available to everyone, I didn't make it that way, simply relayed the information, don't shoot the messenger or something

And my intentions? Well I thought they were to explain that neither the perks or the weapons required to use them are behind a paywall as the perks work with the guns melee, but hey I'm quite interested to hear what you think my intentions are

Amack
07-24-2015, 05:04 PM
He meant the devs intentions Stef, not yours.

stefb42
07-24-2015, 05:09 PM
He meant the devs intentions Stef, not yours.

My bad, he seemed to be directing everything at me so I mistook its direction, would post my opinion about the devs intentions but I don't need an infraction right now :)

And heh, haven't seen your name in the forums for the longest time, you been having a break from the game or just the forums?

Amack
07-24-2015, 05:18 PM
My bad, he seemed to be directing everything at me so I mistook its direction, would post my opinion about the devs intentions but I don't need an infraction right now :)

And heh, haven't seen your name in the forums for the longest time, you been having a break from the game or just the forums?

I was playing Watchdogs for a little bit, since my hometown is Chicago. They did an awesome job on the single player but the multiplayer is so lacking, I'm back.

I never stopped reading the forums, just logging in.
I've always wanted to see Defiance reach it's potential. I have faith in this dev team. I don't know why.

Tex_Arcana
07-24-2015, 05:42 PM
My intention is to insure that bladed weapons stay in the right hands.
https://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m61biiGwfw1rrzs39.gif

Onawin
07-24-2015, 06:08 PM
While I won't disagree that one has to pay to access most of the "swords" in the the game, I will say the price of admission is cheap. The "paywall" has been there for a long time now;
Not an excuse for exploitative game design. I'm more than willing to pony up for a good game, as I've contributed hundreds of dollars to several titles over my many years of gaming. Suggesting that I'm trying to freeload because I'm making basic observations as a consumer is heartily laughable.

When you design a huge portion of your skill tree around melee for f2p players, and then lock the functional usefulness of melee behind a paywall, that's the definition of sleaze. There's no logical defense for it.

I am aware that guns have a melee function. It is on a cool down, and is in any case nowhere near as effective. Building 25% of the skill grid around a secondary function of the game's weapons which is hardly ever used is silly.

A lot of knee-jerk reactions to logical observations. Noted.

stefb42
07-24-2015, 06:38 PM
There is no cool down on melee function, but the point is the 25% of the perks existed long before any type of melee weapons came along, they were intended to go along with the guns melee, side note, did you know that guns melee action used to have a nano? Have you noticed how none of the perks refer to swords and there are none to enhance charge abilities? Its because melee specific weapons didn't exist in game when the perks were made, the melee perks are intended for use with a guns melee, use of these perks with a blade is an intended or unintended side effect of introducing melee specific weapons

Onawin
07-24-2015, 06:48 PM
There is no cool down on melee function,
I would welcome an explanation as to why you can't repeatedly strike people, then, if the argument that we're honestly going to go with is that melee with guns is a viable game-play style.

they were intended to go along with the guns melee,
Still really not relevant to the conversation. Speccing a character out for melee and running around with a rifle butt clubbing people isn't going to be as effective, or even half as effective, as just shooting them.

So, clearly, there are some players who want melee weapons. The specializations are there for them. But there's a fee for entry, unless you want to deal with a cool-down that makes such combat 100% impractical. Do firearms have such a limitation? That's a rhetorical question. No, they don't.

Bad game design is bad game design. Developer ******** is developer ********.

crasher
07-24-2015, 06:49 PM
Not an excuse for exploitative game design. I'm more than willing to pony up for a good game, as I've contributed hundreds of dollars to several titles over my many years of gaming. Suggesting that I'm trying to freeload because I'm making basic observations as a consumer is heartily laughable.

When you design a huge portion of your skill tree around melee for f2p players, and then lock the functional usefulness of melee behind a paywall, that's the definition of sleaze. There's no logical defense for it.

I am aware that guns have a melee function. It is on a cool down, and is in any case nowhere near as effective. Building 25% of the skill grid around a secondary function of the game's weapons which is hardly ever used is silly.

A lot of knee-jerk reactions to logical observations. Noted.
I've pointed it out before, melee nano effect proccing was fun when you slapped somebody with a BMG and set him aflame, for example.

stefb42
07-24-2015, 07:52 PM
The fee for entry is the cost of a dlc, about 6.99 if I recall correctly, these were dlcs, not game updates like we see now, there was an optional season pass available for purchase at release, this meant the devs HAD to create 5 pieces of paid for dlc as per season pass claims, now with regards to these paid for dlcs, people who didn't purchase them still had access to most of the content that came with them, meaning something had to be made exclusive to people who paid, dlc 1 was vendor and weapons, dlc2 was weapons etc etc, again don't shoot the messenger or whatever, I didn't create how it worked

Now if your point is for them to release some kind of blade for non dlc owners they already did, there's the carving knife, elite lockbox can drop them, and if you had been playing the game last week you'd have gotten a melee weapon from last weeks code from the show, but aside from that ask away, I'm sure a lot of people would get behind your idea, but insisting that access to the skills if behind a paywall is just not the case

Onawin
07-24-2015, 08:07 PM
The fee for entry is the cost of a dlc, about 6.99
Irrelevant.

if I recall correctly, these were dlcs, not game updates like we see now, there was an optional season pass available for purchase at release, this meant the devs HAD to create 5 pieces of paid for dlc as per season pass claims, now with regards to these paid for dlcs, people who didn't purchase them still had access to most of the content that came with them, meaning something had to be made exclusive to people who paid, dlc 1 was vendor and weapons, dlc2 was weapons etc etc, again don't shoot the messenger or whatever, I didn't create how it workedThen it was their responsibility to more evenly distribute the content.

Now if your point is for them to release some kind of blade for non dlc owners they already did, there's the carving knife, elite lockbox can drop them,Which f2p players can't get without an entry fee.

and if you had been playing the game last week you'd have gotten a melee weapon from last weeks code from the show,As I said before, I have that weapon. Too bad it's only temporarily available.

but insisting that access to the skills if behind a paywall is just not the caseAgain, please. Indulge me. Copy/paste exactly where I said those skills were behind a paywall. You won't, because you can't. I said the weapons were behind a paywall.

You're boring me. Seriously, if this is the sum total of this community's intelligence, I can see why these developers continue to make money off their lousy monetization practices.

You guys are so volatile towards people who make observations. It's amusing.

stefb42
07-24-2015, 08:24 PM
Ok don't moan at me for how the game is made, I wasn't once rude to you, your the one who cant seem to let it go, go moan at a dev or ring Trion and moan at them for their game structure, it has nothing to do with me, I just told you how things were and why, you know my initial comment wasn't even aimed at you, your statement was just the closest to the end of the thread, I was being informative but you seem to be on some personal crusade, though I'm sure it wouldn't have mattered who I quoted, anyway I'm done, go personal message kiwibird or rashere or phantasie Trion about your concerns (sorry about the devs and cms I missed, though you're probably the lucky ones:)) have a good weekend

Onawin
07-24-2015, 08:39 PM
Ok don't moan at me for how the game is made, I wasn't once rude to you, your the one who cant seem to let it go,
All I'm doing at this point is responding to your posts. I made a legitimate observation. You're knee jerking at a faster rate of fire than the most well-tuned machine guns in the world.

go moan at a dev or ring Trion and moan at them for their game structure, it has nothing to do with me,
Go ahead and copy/paste where I said that it had anything to do with you. I won't hold my breath. You won't, because you can't.

This will have been the third time you've referred to things that I never said. You're boring me, now.

Amack
07-24-2015, 08:54 PM
The tree was originally designed by a team that was mostly, if not all dismissed when Trion had to do emergency downsizing. For all we know they were intending on doing something very much like what you described with different melee weapons Onawin.

The team that handles this game now is, as far as I know, less than 12 people. That is after they hired two more recently. For all we know this team of less than 12 still wants to do something very much like what you described with different melee weapons.

I've never developed games or written code, but I am a network engineer by trade. I can imagine a team of less than 12 supporting an MMO that spans three platforms, but it hurts my head... and that is why I say some of these ridiculous schemes they have come up with have been necessary or there very well might not be a Defi Forum for us have this conversation which I can actually feel lowering my IQ as we continue.

Tex_Arcana
07-25-2015, 02:53 PM

I am aware that guns have a melee function. It is on a cool down, and is in any case nowhere near as effective. .
Melee is not locked behind a paywall.
Swords are (for the most part).
My stabby guns do just fine (if not better...because I have a GUN in my hand even after the stabby part).
The only place swords have a real edge is because of the ground/walltrapped mobs.
Other than that; they are toys.

Obvious Obbe
07-25-2015, 08:18 PM
Thanks Batman.
My old brain is...old... ;)

They still drop, got one two days ago and i dont own a single DLC, does the exact same damage as the OMEC stick tho so apart from its cool FX when you whip it out its borderline useless.

Ergo swords arent behind a paywall, they are behind an RNG-wall.

Atticus Batman
07-26-2015, 01:00 AM
They still drop, got one two days ago and i dont own a single DLC, does the exact same damage as the OMEC stick tho so apart from its cool FX when you whip it out its borderline useless.

Ergo swords arent behind a paywall, they are behind an RNG-wall.

All swords of the same rarity do the exact same damage, with the exception of the two that have a nano. As nano weapons have a lower base damage than non-nano weapons.