PDA

View Full Version : Private Instances = Fail

Valethar
07-17-2015, 03:44 PM
Sooo.. creating an instance for WM, etc.. is will cost real money... LOL

Why am I not surprised.

3 HR to create a group you can invite people to for Arks, etc...

Big Jack Shepard
07-17-2015, 04:35 PM
I missed the stream. Can you give us the highlights and lowlights?

Valethar
07-17-2015, 04:40 PM
There should be an official recap up soon. I was only half paying attention, waiting for the Q&A to start while I tried to fix my login issue with Twitch. :(

Dixie Cougar
07-17-2015, 04:43 PM
This would be trivial if there was a clan bank or something similar to make cost-sharing possible.

Nefarious
07-17-2015, 04:46 PM
If it costs hunter reqs that's not much of a big deal. Ifs its straight up bits... well then that's shasta.

Valethar
07-17-2015, 04:56 PM
This would be trivial if there was a clan bank or something similar to make cost-sharing possible.

You noticed they totally avoided questions like that, again? LOL

Valethar
07-17-2015, 04:57 PM
If it costs hunter reqs that's not much of a big deal. Ifs its straight up bits... well then that's shasta.

It's HR, but you know the focus is going to be driving people to the store to buy them.

DEPHIC
07-17-2015, 04:59 PM
3 Hunter Rec's to create a private WM instance. Ability to invite clan, friends, or select people. Ability to kick people out also. Not liking the 3HR from person creating it, especially since I've already purchased the Arkbreaker DLC.

Altras
07-17-2015, 05:02 PM
Good thing I have like 200 hunter reqs from not always doing expos. Id agree with 2 hrs per private tho, including pvp

Fallen_Aingeal
07-17-2015, 05:37 PM
Old news.

When HR's were introduced and the idea of private instances was announced that they would cost HR's, I lost interest...

Breezy wfn
07-17-2015, 05:44 PM
Old news.

When HR's were introduced and the idea of private instances was announced that they would cost HR's, I lost interest...

what the wise man said

EvilAg3nt
07-17-2015, 05:52 PM
they Did say they hadnt Locked in the price / 3 hrs on the private instances.
my reply immediately was i Hope they keep the hr costs low,we cant afford 3 every day every time we want to play Wm in private.
at only 3 hrs granted weekly,and n the weekly dailies riding on hrs too...
we need either a price drop or hey,grant us more HRs or more ways to earn them Without having to buy packs...
like hey lets use ark salvage script to buy them,Eyh?

and,they got a cool new Reroll setup going..that im excited about.
again.keep the Costs/arkforge down please.

TheStigsCousin
07-17-2015, 05:59 PM
How about they not charge us a 2nd time for DLC we already purchased?

heartbreak_courier
07-17-2015, 06:12 PM
Old news.

Exactly, we knew this was coming for a while. It was actually supposed to roll out with the Alcatraz Update, but it was bumped back.

But honestly, 3 HR for the ability to get clan/friend events going seems reasonable to me, and this is coming from someone who absolutely dislikes how HRs were integrated into Expeditions. (Turned a fun concept into a mobile game energy gate that makes PUGs all but impossible.) It seemed like they were seriously considering charging 3 HR per player for private WMs, but 3 to spin it up seems okay when no one else has to pay.

Nefarious
07-17-2015, 06:21 PM
3 Hunter Rec's to create a private WM instance. Ability to invite clan, friends, or select people. Ability to kick people out also. Not liking the 3HR from person creating it, especially since I've already purchased the Arkbreaker DLC.

I don't see a problem then.

If queuing up for private WM didn't need some kind of "keys" then that would break up the already small sized groups of public WM's.

And if clans have the communication to get together to make big private groups to raid the WM then they could also just do a public WM and port to designated clan members who are in it to also get together, which is a free and easy way to do it if someone out of the dozen's doesn't want to kick forth 3 HRs to do it.

Lithova
07-17-2015, 06:58 PM
Pretty soon its going to cost HR's and Bits to do anything in this game....want to play some PVP? Pay some bits or HR's, want to shoot your gun? Too bad pay more bits/ HR's, spawn your vehicle or change outfits pay bits and HR's...lol

I'd understand if the charge for HR's in private instances meant that it was some new content or something with extra reward bonuses, but since this is just a game mechanic to block pubs from entering, charging HR's is pointless...whats the goal here? To engage/ entice buyers to purchase more HR? Its disgusting to see HR's used for DLC, its like double charging to access a game mechanic to content we've already paid for.

What a load of....

Haavikk
07-17-2015, 07:11 PM
Amen
speak the truth and open some eyes

Fallen_Aingeal
07-17-2015, 07:22 PM
Pretty soon its going to cost HR's and Bits to do anything in this game....want to play some PVP? Pay some bits or HR's, want to shoot your gun? Too bad pay more bits/ HR's, spawn your vehicle or change outfits pay bits and HR's...lol

I'd understand if the charge for HR's in private instances meant that it was some new content or something with extra reward bonuses, but since this is just a game mechanic to block pubs from entering, charging HR's is pointless...whats the goal here? To engage/ entice buyers to purchase more HR? Its disgusting to see HR's used for DLC, its like double charging to access a game mechanic to content we've already paid for.

What a load of....The goal is to give players what they have been asking for since the DLC launched, while finding a way to charge said player for the privilege.

We told them when WM was introduced that we wanted a way to make private instances possible. 3 HR's a person is outrageous. 3 for the entire instance, not too bad.

Except. I despise being charged twice for something. I refuse to pay twice for something.

Valethar
07-17-2015, 09:18 PM
we need either a price drop or hey,grant us more HRs or more ways to earn them Without having to buy packs...
like hey lets use ark salvage script to buy them,Eyh?

Not going to happen. Didn't you hear the pow shtako answer they tried to feed us about 'currency inflation' when the question was asked about making Salvage more useful? They don't sell salvage on the store (Yet!!!!) but they do sell HR and Forge, so naturally anything they do is going to focus on driving sales on the store.

The only thing they understand is $$$, and until people start closing their wallets, they're going to continue to find ways to fleece you. Remember, you're not a customer buying a product/service, you're a renewable resource to be exploited until the well runs dry.

Dixie Cougar
07-17-2015, 09:27 PM
Not going to happen. Didn't you hear the pow shtako answer they tried to feed us about 'currency inflation' when the question was asked about making Salvage more useful? They don't sell salvage on the store (Yet!!!!) but they do sell HR and Forge, so naturally anything they do is going to focus on driving sales on the store.

The only thing they understand is $$$, and until people start closing their wallets, they're going to continue to find ways to fleece you. Remember, you're not a customer buying a product/service, you're a renewable resource to be exploited until the well runs dry.

It is a bit circular, since the longer ark salvage stays useless the more people will accumulate.

Valethar
07-17-2015, 09:31 PM
It is a bit circular, since the longer ark salvage stays useless the more people will accumulate.

I'm considering helping lowbies/newbies mod weapons. I only have a few million, but since there's not much it can be used for....

Dixie Cougar
07-17-2015, 09:38 PM
I'm considering helping lowbies/newbies mod weapons. I only have a few million, but since there's not much it can be used for....

Yeah that's pretty much all that is left to do.

EvilAg3nt
07-17-2015, 09:41 PM
thats..interesting actually.
because,Logically,i bought the Dlcs,
so therefore trion shouldnt be able to Recharge me in Hrs for hosting a private wm.
the whole Hrs thing does then become bizarre and,seems wrong.
especially since theres no new content.....its the same wm.

versus Alcatraz,where you Did introduce new content and charge Hrs.

can this be explained further why we should pay any Hrs if we bought the dlc???

btw,i still like my idea which everyone before me has had probably,
let us cash out ark salvage for Hrs please and thank you.

Valethar
07-17-2015, 09:43 PM
btw,i still like my idea which everyone before me has had probably,
let us cash out ark salvage for Hrs please and thank you.

Nope.. never happen. That would create value for the player and make sense, therefore it is to be avoided.

Solicea
07-17-2015, 10:28 PM
I do believe their logic on charging HR for private WM goes along the line of: yeah. you bought the DLC and it came a certain way, we've now added new features and you need to pay for those features. If there weren't so many HR requirements a week what with having to run so many expeditions to get all the weekly/daily contracts done then it might not be a big deal. There does seem to be the day coming though, that a Free to Play player will not be able to get everything done with the resources allotted to them. I imagine its that way in most FTP games though? I'm honestly not sure.

Chump Norris
07-17-2015, 10:53 PM
After some VBI contracts we use to purchase gunslinger boxes got locked behind the hunter req paywall why are people surprised?

SirServed
07-17-2015, 11:09 PM
Yeah that's pretty much all that is left to do.
Or you could get some more of these:

http://i.imgur.com/sG7GLY9.jpg

The only purpose they currently serve is finding out which Chips are still broken every patch. I'm gonna be a Silicon Shard millionaire one day.

EvilAg3nt
07-18-2015, 12:36 AM
I do believe their logic on charging HR for private WM goes along the line of: yeah. you bought the DLC and it came a certain way, we've now added new features and you need to pay for those features. If there weren't so many HR requirements a week what with having to run so many expeditions to get all the weekly/daily contracts done then it might not be a big deal. There does seem to be the day coming though, that a Free to Play player will not be able to get everything done with the resources allotted to them. I imagine its that way in most FTP games though? I'm honestly not sure.

erm...what new features?
the ability to kick people out,or make sure only your friends can get in?
if you are the group leader in traz,you can already do that and it only cost 1 hr.<<<<
has the warmaster been changed for private games now?
he summons ten demons from the underworld and we fight to the death?
whats different about the wm?

and yeah,its already that way,i havent bought a t5 in at least 2 weeks.
wasting Hrs in traz getting dced and then waiting 2 weeks for Cs to refund them,well yeah.
and then having none to do the contracts will do that to you.
can only imagine how bad it is for the newbs.

wonder if the powers that be ever think about the Balance points in this game.

Soul Binder
07-18-2015, 12:45 AM
I didn't see the stream but from what I'm hearing a lot of people are crying wolf needlessly here.

From sounds of it you'll still be able to call in Ark Falls/WM like currently, what they are going to add is an option to do PRIVATE by invite only instances with the ability to kick someone out if you decide you don't want them there.

For that added privalage of doing these PRIVATE instances someone has to pay HRs.

I've not lost the ability to do anything I can already do and I've got a new option to use some of the HRs I'm accumulating because of not doing expeditions to get a bunch of my clan and friends together in a PRIVATE instance without worrying that some idiot with a BMG or CF is going to be giving me a headache.

Now only question I have is can they make said private instances more stable than the current public ones? If I spend my HRs to setup said private I don't want to get lagged out/DC/hardfroze trying to get in, or have it get stomped on by some major/incursion/emergency as happens currently with the public instances.

EvilAg3nt
07-18-2015, 12:53 AM
we get 3 hrs a week,given to us.
with those 3,we r supposed to do How Many Things?
and if we dont have more than 3,we cant do those things,right?

and now theyve made these things Requirements for earning what we were earning Normally before.
how is this a new Feature for us in any way?
and if the games free to play,but i cant play the game because i have to pay,how is that sane?

Soul Binder
07-18-2015, 01:15 AM
The basic game is free to play, you aren't forced to do contracts to play and enjoy the game.

Am I frustrated that so many contracts have been stuck in expeditions? You better believe I am, that said, it just means for some things it takes a bit longer to earn the rep for.

I've not bought Gunslinger yet and I may decide not to buy it as it sounds like only one that people may have a legitimate complaint about as far as the HR situation and contracts go

Heck I spent months after I bought the Chimera DLC unable to do contracts because I didn't have a 5k ego toon and at time didn't know people/wasn't in a clan that could/would help me do the expert co ops.

They are adding a new feature many people have requested and looking to make a profit so they can continue to keep the servers running and hopefully improve the overall game.

Do I dislike some of the stuff Trion has done and things they've not fixed? Yes
Do I think they could do a lot to improve the game? Yes!
There are many long standing bugs/issues many of us have complained about and would love to see get fixed.
Not saying this will fix those issues in any way shape or form, but maybe it will help generate enough revinue for them to get a couple extra servers or hire a couple extra people to work on the coding and hardware.

Now I suggest everyone chill out and wait to see how it actually gets implemented.
If it turns out I suddenly have to pay HRs to buy Ark Spikes to call in any Ark break then yeah I'll be passing out the torches and pitchforks to the angry villagers. And leading the charge on the manor gates.

Till that time I'm going to keep playing Defiance bugs and all because there isn't another game around even close to it as far as an MMO shooter.

Yakalfurd
07-18-2015, 02:34 AM
I'm not seeing a problem with private WMs costing 3 HR's whatsoever. I'm tired of not having a chance to kill the monkey because of Trolls ruining it everyone who wants to kill WM is tired of it. It takes a lot of effort and time to organize a successful Warmaster hunt. 3 HR's to keep the Trolls at bay is a small price to pay.

Alastar
07-18-2015, 03:32 AM
Make ark breaker dlc. Make war master an open world raid boss without any form of in game guidance or requirements to participate in it leading to a rash of failures. Promise private instances of this paid dlc to solve the problem Trion created due to lack of guidance and requirements. Charge for the ability to properly conduct this already paid for dlc. Yeah there's nothing at all wrong with that logic. :rolleyes:

Yakalfurd
07-18-2015, 04:02 AM
You can drop non private WMs all you want all day long. Private instances are an option that players have been asking for , for a long time and not just for WM people want them for coops and PvP too. And those are coming in the near future private instances are not nor have the ever been just about the Warmaster or any DLC. You don't want to pay HR's for PIs than don't.

VesperLynd
07-18-2015, 06:27 AM
Their excuse for not addressing the ark salvage was hilarious. They can't figure out what to do with it because many vet players have accumulated millions. They said this would not be fair to newer players who don't have much. So instead of creating ways to use it they blame us for having too much. We're not the ones dragging our butts with *** backwards priorities. If it wasn't made useless long ago we wouldn't have millions....and millions!!! I know this is a bit(s?) off topic but a few others brought up ark salvage. If they didn't like it being "farmed" they should have balanced it out. Instead they just "tossed it in a hole and threw away the hole." Right next to faction vendors and server stability apparently.

EvilAg3nt
07-18-2015, 08:32 AM
Make ark breaker dlc. Make war master an open world raid boss without any form of in game guidance or requirements to participate in it leading to a rash of failures. Promise private instances of this paid dlc to solve the problem Trion created due to lack of guidance and requirements. Charge for the ability to properly conduct this already paid for dlc. Yeah there's nothing at all wrong with that logic. :rolleyes:

well,at least someone gets it.
Good Form,peter pan!!...erm ;)

and,the ark salvage replies was crazy yes.
its a form of currency they created,so,yeah.:p

moving along the line of o we love to be double charged,lets address Gunslinger dlc as well.

can anyone tell me the new content that was added to that?
features?

Holy Bahamut3
07-18-2015, 09:30 AM
Their excuse for not addressing the ark salvage was hilarious. They can't figure out what to do with it because many vet players have accumulated millions. They said this would not be fair to newer players who don't have much. So instead of creating ways to use it they blame us for having too much. We're not the ones dragging our butts with *** backwards priorities. If it wasn't made useless long ago we wouldn't have millions....and millions!!! I know this is a bit(s?) off topic but a few others brought up ark salvage. If they didn't like it being "farmed" they should have balanced it out. Instead they just "tossed it in a hole and threw away the hole." Right next to faction vendors and server stability apparently.

Yep, and while they sit on their collective hands about giving us anything useful to do with Arksalvage we'll collect millions more. Thus making it harder to put a fair price on whatever use they decide to give us.

Bonehead
07-18-2015, 09:34 AM
After some VBI contracts we use to purchase gunslinger boxes got locked behind the hunter req paywall why are people surprised?

At this point Bubs, you have to wonder where the surprise comes from...

cmpowell
07-18-2015, 10:14 AM
Put oj drops back in the t2 gunslinger reward boxes and problem solved. As for the op topic. It was always said that hr would be used for private instances so I dont see the fail. Only problem I have is it saying invite guild mate in the menu. This isn't WoW its defiance we have clans. Hope someone figures this out before it goes live,lol

Fallen_Aingeal
07-18-2015, 10:23 AM
I didn't see the stream but from what I'm hearing a lot of people are crying wolf needlessly here.

*snip*I don't think I'm "crying wolf" at all.

Had you had been here or paying attention if you were, you would know a simple truth. When the dlc dropped, it dropped extremely broken. Along with all the things that were requested, one of them was a way to make private instances so that clans could do private runs. We were told that this sounded like a good idea. We were not told that it sounded like a good way to gouge for more money...

Soul Binder
07-18-2015, 11:39 AM
I don't think I'm "crying wolf" at all.

Had you had been here or paying attention if you were, you would know a simple truth. When the dlc dropped, it dropped extremely broken. Along with all the things that were requested, one of them was a way to make private instances so that clans could do private runs. We were told that this sounded like a good idea. We were not told that it sounded like a good way to gouge for more money...
Not looking to pick a fight and not trying to defend Trion's decisions/actions, but them saying something sounds like a good idea and them giving it out for free do not go hand in hand.

The game has a number of issues I'd love to see fixed before they added ANY new content. I've bought all the DLC except Gunslinger, I've gone out and bought a Disc copy of the game, I bought extra inventory slots and key codes etc. At present I've invested as much, if not more, in this F2P game and being on a very limited gaming budget worry about getting locked out because I simply can't afford to play said game.

So as long as they aren't changing things to charge me to do anything in game I can currently do for free I don't see the issue.

I see people wearing cool outfits on their toon or driving a different vehicle and think hey that would be nifty to have, but find out it's from bit store and I say nevermind. I'm not entitled to those outfits or vehicles, they are something extra I can pay for if I want, but not having them doesn't affect the basic game and my ability to play.

You want them to put the work into providing something in game you want, then complain when they say ok they'll add it for a minor additional fee. Don't want to pay for it? Easy don't pay for it. They aren't going to hold a gun to your head and force you to pay for it or deny you the ability to keep playing the game as is if you don't spend HR for private instances.

Kapo
07-18-2015, 12:12 PM
Well not surprise , this company only thinks on whey's to keep their pockets growing instead of providing game player that already spent money in it anything worth doing besides new worth less expedition , exped once u get ur oj rig n few cyber chips are not worth the hassle time n hours effort or money Fr HR, same with WM once u have few crapy mk2 drops from WM is not even worth calling WM for free can't imagine spending HR either that fat donkey gat nathing on me !! My money stays were it belongs in other games or in my pocket do something worth spending money besides fancy color names weapon and HR exped wm not even fighting for o.0

Chump Norris
07-18-2015, 09:12 PM
At this point Bubs, you have to wonder where the surprise comes from...

Indeed.

Put oj drops back in the t2 gunslinger reward boxes and problem solved. As for the op topic. It was always said that hr would be used for private instances so I dont see the fail. Only problem I have is it saying invite guild mate in the menu. This isn't WoW its defiance we have clans. Hope someone figures this out before it goes live,lol

lol didn't even notice that.

Valethar
07-19-2015, 02:34 AM
As for the op topic. It was always said that hr would be used for private instances so I don't see the fail.

Because requiring people to pay cash for private groups is greed, not good gameplay.

Telemachus
07-19-2015, 03:32 AM
I'd pay 3 hr , to run each co-op solo, one time each.

After I've wasted those. I'll never bother with hr's again or co-ops, and I have around 130+ hr still.

Unless I can't avoid them.

KILLSHOT707
07-19-2015, 09:58 AM
Sooo.. creating an instance for WM, etc.. is will cost real money... LOL

Why am I not surprised.

3 HR to create a group you can invite people to for Arks, etc...

It was not working well the first time on PTS and it still has some of the same problems. It may not make it to live soon, Three HR is not the set rate and they said that on the live stream. No point getting people worked up for something that may not happen.

Valethar
07-19-2015, 01:41 PM
It was not working well the first time on PTS and it still has some of the same problems. It may not make it to live soon, Three HR is not the set rate and they said that on the live stream. No point getting people worked up for something that may not happen.

Making people pay at all for a basic game feature is bad, and doesn't instill confidence that the Dev team is in touch with reality, let along the player base.

Soul Binder
07-19-2015, 01:51 PM
Making people pay at all for a basic game feature is bad, and doesn't instill confidence that the Dev team is in touch with reality, let along the player base.
The game is an MMO, private instances are not a basic game feature for such.
You want private matches or to get solo/friends only CO OPs/PvP/Ark Breaks then either be willing to spend some very minor ammount for them or go to a game where match making etc. is a core feature.

Valethar
07-19-2015, 01:57 PM

Really? I know of several where they are, and all of them are mainstream MMOs.

SandDune
07-19-2015, 02:19 PM
the city park is always open to the public. if a certain event is going on then they only allow paying customers or ticket holders in. same here. xcept with different shards, u can have several parks 'open' at same time that 1 is closed.

the arksalvage issue is a concern, why not let us use it for rerolls, say 1mil per try. not too hard to acumulate and new players are useing theirs for mod slots so its not a big letdown for them. when guns come with 4 slots open, u start building AS and can worry about rerolls. know they wont do it, but it would solve that issue.

i have a fun idea for consideration: add WM to Incursions. this is how i see it. for first 10 levels its the same. at level 11 it spawns a WM who behaves like our normal one, except when he hangs off stuff and summons friends and bombs us, his friends dont despawn till we kill them. this goes on till timer runs out and they port away or we kill them. would be fun to have obsticles for him and us. new strategies and tactics. bathhouse would be crazy. just some ideas...

Arcade
07-19-2015, 02:44 PM
the arksalvage issue is a concern, why not let us use it for rerolls, say 1mil per try. not too hard to acumulate and new players are useing theirs for mod slots so its not a big letdown for them. when guns come with 4 slots open, u start building AS and can worry about rerolls. know they wont do it, but it would solve that issue.
Interesting idea, but a million ark salvage for a reroll is way too high. The chances of getting what you want from the first time (sometimes the first few times) you make any sort of reroll are slim and this doesn't solve the problem of what we're supposed to do with anything below 1 million AS... all it does is make the wait to accumulate 1 million more after blowing it all and not getting what you wanted that much more frustrating. If you lowered that to, say, 100,000, I'd be on board.

As for this topic... well, I don't really like doing WM because I can't use any of the loot and it's a big waste of time standing around until the people who summoned the arkfall are ready. So I have no opinion on this.

PithHelmetIrath
07-19-2015, 03:37 PM

LMAO

To quote 'Christmas Vacation'.. "You serious, Clark?"

heartbreak_courier
07-19-2015, 05:43 PM
The game is an MMO, private instances are not a basic game feature for such..

I mean, technically every time you enter an instanced dungeon in an MMO, like in WoW for example, that's a private instance. No one else can join unless you want them to.