PDA

View Full Version : Defiance-Central's Kalbuir speaks with Rob Hill

Jenbuu
08-21-2012, 04:52 PM
Hey guys
Kalbuir had the chance to speak to Rob Hill at Gamescom and he writes about it here (http://defiance-central.com/rob-hill-interview-summary/)

Von
08-21-2012, 08:36 PM
I think there might be a few people upset with a few of those answers.
I'm still looking forward to game thou.

I do find it cool there will be guns that shoot acid bullets. Who knows
what other type of guns there will be. Blast, electic, maybe fire.

Kalbuir
09-05-2012, 07:31 AM
Bit late for a response, after coming back from GamesCom I had to focus fulltime on my Thesis (which is now done) then GW2 launched and sucked me in. Now I started work so it's a little slower (lol that sounds odd). Anyway Rob was probably at the top of my list of people I wanted to meet when going to GamesCom, I loved the opportunity to pick his brain about the game.

I have some information left over from GamesCom mostly about my own play experience and insights of what that might mean for the game itself which I will probably get out somewhere this weekend. Oh and on a totally unrelated note, Waterfront (PVP) map is totally awesome and I miss playing Defiance soooo badly :P

Night Hawke
09-05-2012, 12:22 PM
Good interview!

I'm not too happy with the no crafting thing. I do understand how he refers to crafting as an interface page that stuff goes into and stuff pops out. However i believe that is the worst form of crafting in an mmorpg. The best overall crafting is more like SWG's and less like WoW.

Hopefully they will reconsider their crafting stance. Personally i think a solid crafting system (like SWG) can add an immense amount of depth to the game and be cheaper than making a bunch of one off quests that no one will read, imo.

It also makes me curious how the modification system works...

I did like to read that your abilities with weapons will get better the more you use them. Also its cool you can respecialize in weapons later as well. i wonder if this will apply to armors as well?