PDA

View Full Version : lmg mag

karmaforu
07-18-2015, 10:03 AM
hi,

what kind of mag is best to put on a lmg?
and give arguments pls
-faster reload
-more mag
-burst mag

cmpowell
07-18-2015, 10:09 AM
Not burst. Reload or +mag depending on if you have a blue or oj mag roll

PTR47
07-18-2015, 10:43 AM
I like reload on LMGs. Anything over around 2.4 seconds reload for me is aggravating to use.

Critical Errors
07-18-2015, 11:10 AM
I like to set up my SAWs with High-Cap mags and pair it with a Big Boomer or GP. Run the preparedness perk on the load out and you wont have to worry about reloading at all and you can continue doing dmg.

The exception is with a fast reloading LMG. Blue or OJ reload rolls on it may make me reconsider using a fast action. I hate reloading, so the faster I can do it the better.

Soul Binder
07-18-2015, 11:53 AM
Normally I use a Reload mag on LMGs can't stand the waiting for reload on them. Most LMGs I get in game go straight to Vendor anyways, a green or better reload roll combined with good synergy and nano may have me considering keeping the gun.

karmaforu
07-18-2015, 12:49 PM
ah thank you for your replies

Arcade
07-18-2015, 03:31 PM
Wait, is there something specifically wrong with Burst or do you simply not like it? I have one on a Thunder that I stumbled across and it seems to work fine... but it's kind of a weird weapon to begin with. It's a stalker syn with a tactical scope added, but I didn't have any use for a bigger mag or faster reload, so I went with Burst.

Oh, and my advice for the SAW is reload... it just takes way too long otherwise. In fact, I'm going to go with reload across the board since LMGs tend to have generous mags to begin with and awful reload speeds. Unless you're just trying something strange on purposes, of course...

Soul Binder
07-18-2015, 03:55 PM
@Arcade, why would you want to make a full auto LMG a burst firing weapon?
You'd get no benefit from it other than possibly lighting up a syn which you could do with another mod easily unless it's some limited edition that's hard/expensive to find mods for now.

Only possible exception might be the Volge battle rifles that have extremely low rates of fire, though I'm not sure burst would actually increase that and their mag capacity wouldn't stand up to higher rates of fire anyways.

Arcade
07-18-2015, 04:01 PM
@Arcade, why would you want to make a full auto LMG a burst firing weapon?
You'd get no benefit from it other than possibly lighting up a syn which you could do with another mod easily unless it's some limited edition that's hard/expensive to find mods for now.

Only possible exception might be the Volge battle rifles that have extremely low rates of fire, though I'm not sure burst would actually increase that and their mag capacity wouldn't stand up to higher rates of fire anyways.
Less recoil/bloom I guess? It seems to work well, but I might be mistaken since the Thunder's bloom decreases the longer you keep shooting... since I didn't need a bigger clip or faster reload, I wanted to try something different. Maybe I'll switch the mag to something else and see for myself if it's better or worse...

Anyway, my question was more, "is the Burst mag broken?" because so many things in this game are.

crasher
07-19-2015, 02:51 AM
I like reload on LMGs. Anything over around 2.4 seconds reload for me is aggravating to use.
Absolutely this.
I loved putting a reload mag on a SAW with double reload rolls already in place.