PDA

View Full Version : dear trion.... when will you address the hard freeze issues

Lamar Kendrick
07-20-2015, 10:19 AM
this is getting out of hand... 10 hard freezes a day are you kidding me? just now i had 2 hard freezes in 10 mins. when will YOU guys take focus on this instead of doing ninja nerfs on the sluggers, removing the ladder from expo etc...

i speak behalf of all the players who are experiencing hard freezes more than 5 times a day

OokamiXIII
07-20-2015, 10:24 AM
There's no money in it so its doubtful it'll ever get fixed. I'm just wondering who at Trion I'll be sending the bill for a new PS3 to when my current on ****s the bed from being overworked by all the damn hard freezes....

Lamar Kendrick
07-20-2015, 11:25 AM
i remember having a lot of hard freeze issues months ago but they were able to fix it somehow but now it's getting worse every day

DEATHBRINGER210
07-20-2015, 12:35 PM
that is the million scrip question

DEATHBRINGER210
07-20-2015, 12:37 PM
the longest i ever played . was when the mics didnt work and chat was stuck in color blind mode

Johnny Gatt
07-20-2015, 12:45 PM
I haven't had a hard freeze on play...

Olaf
07-20-2015, 01:32 PM
I would love to know this. Near launch I used to play defiance nearly all the time, it actually ended up killing my original launch day ps3, this could have been due to age I suppose but It happened playing Defiance after a hard freeze. However like others have said they managed to do something that sorted the hard freezes, my main gripe used to be disconnects. However after returning from not playing for a year, I get SO many hard freezes daily that I forget to keep counting. Sort it out trion.

Breezy wfn
07-20-2015, 01:50 PM
there not going to address it this has been a question sense the game started sorry to have to break it to ya tbh if i had a ps3 after hearing alota the issues you guys have idk why you guys are even still playin dang sure better not be payin for bits

Johnny Gatt
07-20-2015, 02:11 PM
The big part of the problem is that we are just so darned used to it. I have played every day for over two years without taking a break. Disconnects and hard freezes just something I deal with... like breathing. You don't have to think about it, it just happens anway.

Breezy wfn
07-20-2015, 02:20 PM
The big part of the problem is that we are just so darned used to it. I have played every day for over two years without taking a break. Disconnects and hard freezes just something I deal with... like breathing. You don't have to think about it, it just happens anway.

you sir have defiance battered customer syndrome and should as soon as possible take your defiance game and burn it and take you a break, try some other games fall out 4 is comin out soon......bet you dont hard freeze 20 times a day with a bethesda game they actually care what customers think

Sea_Jay
07-20-2015, 02:25 PM
I recently updated to the latest vr15 AMD Video drivers and haven't had any hard freezes...
Also I did a full fresh reinstall of DEFIANCE / Glyph client too...

Sometimes my ISP gets a bit laggy, but only at peak times (6pm-9pm)...
I hope you can get it working & have fun again soon...

Bonehead
07-20-2015, 02:55 PM
The bad news is, it's fixed as good as it ever will be.

No good news...

Olaf
07-20-2015, 07:23 PM
The bad news is, it's fixed as good as it ever will be.

No good news...

I'd love to believe you are wrong however at this point, just getting an official dev response on this has proven impossible. Like they don't give a **** about ps3 players. What urks me the most is, the hard freezes were NEVER as bad as they are now. I took a break a year ago and the hard freezes were maybe once a day or two. Now I'm lucky if I go 30min - 1hour without one, especially at Overpass. Also hard freezing when entering expedition loading screen brings so joy to us players, everyone should try it at least once (unless your on ps3 which will occur at least once an expedition run).

PTR47
07-20-2015, 09:26 PM
I think they're trying. It's easy to be pessimistic, but the game gradually got better over time. There was a good year late 2013-2014 where I would relog every half hour or so to prevent DCs. Then, late last year I was pleasantly surprised that I could stay on for an hour... sometimes more without a DC. Last patch it all went to hell and I'm back to relogging after I do anything. I can't afford to bust my PS3, but the code needs to be looked at in detail. The freezes are worse than I've ever seen them.

EvilAg3nt
07-20-2015, 10:24 PM
that code thing you mention,sounds so logical,
allow me to point out its freezing us here over on 360 too...and disconnecting us....
and the arks n wm arks still boot us...and expos,for which ive lost hrs.....and...and...and

seems more plausible than all these players on diff systems having the worlds carpiest internet..?

PTR47
07-22-2015, 08:52 PM
Ya, this isn't hapenning. Just hard froze 1 minute after a game refresh. I cannot play this. Can someone PM me if they fix it?

IrisaLover
07-22-2015, 08:56 PM
What are these "hard freezes" you PS3 guys keep talking about? ;)

PTR47
07-22-2015, 09:50 PM
What are these "hard freezes" you PS3 guys keep talking about? ;)

Console locks up, need to force power off and then reboot. Reports are that every hard freeze damages your console (it's possible hard freezes are due to damage). Once you get enough, your console dies. May be false, but no way in hell am I playtesting it.

TheStigsCousin
07-22-2015, 09:56 PM
Console locks up, need to force power off and then reboot. Reports are that every hard freeze damages your console (it's possible hard freezes are due to damage). Once you get enough, your console dies. May be false, but no way in hell am I playtesting it.

IrisaLover forgot to use the sarcasm font :p

c_e_r_u_l_e_a_n
07-23-2015, 01:27 AM
I would like the hard-freezes addressed as well, but I'm sure they're "looking into it".