PDA

View Full Version : I would like everyone's opinion about this please.

Free2play
07-20-2015, 01:12 PM
I'm trying to get Trion to just change my old Verizon email address to my new Comcast one. Thus, my Verizon account is closed, because i do not use Verizon anymore, I switch over to comcast. A very simple thing for Trion to do, this is what they keep telling me:

"Unfortunately, the information you provided wasn't enough for us to verify ownership of the account "

I answer everything correctly, expect this:

Date of birth on file (mm/dd/yyyy): <---------- I told them clearly due to privacy concerns, i never list my real birthday. They should understand and respect that, and what does my birthday have to the game itself? I didn't use a credit card to buy the game, i bought the game from gamestop without using my ID, i paid in cash. I'm 33 and i was born in 1981, that's all you guys need to know.

+

Your game product code (CD key): I don't have the cd key anymore, game came with a box and manual , threw the box in the trash.
.................................................. ..................

Now here is the interesting part, they ask me these questions:
The creation date of your account + Your character name(s)

I already answer those questions, in fact i log into my Verizon account on Trion site to answer these questions. So is Trion on purpose ignoring certain questions which they ask me and i answer them correctly?
I don't think its is fair, do i have to call Verizon and get them to forward my Verizon account number to show proof that that Verizon account is mine. I have my verizion information right in front of me to proof that i own that account.

Another thing, i provided them with the email address associated with that account, i provided them the password, the character names on that account, when i bought the game ( i am also reg here on the forums under that Verizon account ---------> http://forums.defiance.com/member.php?4295134-LegendaryU2K

DEATHBRINGER210
07-20-2015, 01:25 PM
not going to happen . if everything doesnt match

Free2play
07-20-2015, 01:48 PM
can you at least pretend to read and understand what im saying , sigh

Bentu
07-20-2015, 01:52 PM
How would you react if someone hacked your account without all the details required to do so, you'd be pretty pissed that Trions security wasn't up to scratch.

That's my view anyway.

Free2play
07-20-2015, 02:07 PM
How would you react if someone hacked your account without all the details required to do so, you'd be pretty pissed that Trions security wasn't up to scratch.

That's my view anyway.

Is Trion that damn stupid to think I'm trying to hack someone's account, my account and i gave them email, the password, when i bought the game, the character names on that account which i gave them , and this is my forum account under that account Verizon email http://forums.defiance.com/member.php?4295134-LegendaryU2K

I'm using comcast now, and provided them with the information, does it really look like im trying to hack someone, this isn't hotmail or some yahoo crap. I'm a business man myself and i use comcast , if they don't believe me, they sure enough can report me for violating comcast or verizion isp servers , which clearly I'm not doing.

Do trion want me to show them / scan them proof of my Verizon account/bill and get them to call them, i will be glad enough to do it.

Smokey Black
07-20-2015, 02:15 PM
Should of held onto the origional disk/game case for the code.

CM Kiwibird
07-20-2015, 02:32 PM
"Unfortunately, the information you provided wasn't enough for us to verify ownership of the account "

Date of birth on file (mm/dd/yyyy): <---------- I told them clearly due to privacy concerns, i never list my real birthday. They should understand and respect that, and what does my birthday have to the game itself?

We ask that you use correct information for account creation so that we can help you recover your account. This is one of those cases, and our support team does need to have sufficient verification to change any account information. I would recommend going through any records you might have available, but if you're unable to verify account ownership, our support team will be unable to make changes to your account.

Setting up your secret questions is a good way to add additional points for verification, but it's really important to remember those in case you need to change your account information later on. If they are requesting additional verification, it's likely that some of the information that you provided is incorrect. I would recommend double checking on that, but it's a tough situation if you're missing other verification points. A Verizon account number isn't going to be a good way to verify, but tracking down the exact creation date of your account will be a good way to verify.

As an added reminder, passwords are not used to verify account ownership under any circumstance. A Trion Worlds employee will never ask you to verify your password as it's not a part of our account verification process.

Ray8888
07-20-2015, 02:42 PM
Why would you use a fake birthday?

Free2play
07-20-2015, 02:46 PM
Should of held onto the origional disk/game case for the code.

The main issue , is when i log into my account under verizion email address and password, a 6 digit code is sent to that email , thus i can't get into my own verizion email because its a closed account and i switch over to comcast. i already provided them with enough information, but some stupid reason they want to know my birthday and the code on the box manual so yea i understand throwing it away was my fault, however a simple change of email to my new comcast one shouldn't be an issue seeing how i provided them with enough accurate information already.

I'm on the phone with verzion now trying to get to bill me for re-opening up my account, seeing how trion doesn't want to help.

Bonehead
07-20-2015, 02:49 PM
Opinion only...

Trion wins.

Free2play
07-20-2015, 02:51 PM
CMKiki: You said: but tracking down the exact creation date of your account will be a good way to verify.

I already told them in the email [REMOVED]. Is when i bought the game, thus its the day i created the account. And yet for some reason they ignored it and ask me again .

Why would you use a fake birthday?

I already explain that.

Ray8888
07-20-2015, 03:11 PM
What can someone do with a birthdate?

SanCarioca
07-20-2015, 03:23 PM
Are you on PSN or XBOX Live?

A good compromise solution would be asking Trion to send a message to your PSN/XBOX Live account connected with the game. Seems reasonable to me.

But if you are on a PC, unfortunately, Trion is absolutely right on this one. You have not provided verification enough for them to act responsibly with the account information. I do want Trion to have the same scrutiny with my data (specially because I always have some bits lingering around in my account).

Just try to see yourself on the other side of the argument and undesrtand that, albeit in a frustrating situation, they're not out there just to make your life difficult.

Mrdr
07-20-2015, 03:26 PM
Having been a fraud investigator in my past this alone initially raised some questions as to your true identity:

You see this quote here

The main issue , is when i log into my account under verizion email address and password, a 6 digit code is sent to that email , thus i can't get into my own verizion email because its a closed account and i switch over to comcast.

Seems to contradict your first post here

I already answer those questions, in fact i log into my Verizon account on Trion site to answer these questions. So is Trion on purpose ignoring certain questions which they ask me and i answer them correctly?

I'm just saying that when I read this thread these were the things that jumped out at me. Either you can login to your Verizon account or you cannot. I had to read it again to get your meaning.

If you explained it like this to Trion then I can see why they wouldn't help you out until you've got better verification info. I know what you're saying though...you used your Verizon email address to login to Trion but it sounds like you're saying you can login to your Verizon account.

Best of luck to you. Hope Verizon helps you out.

Free2play
07-20-2015, 03:28 PM
I work in the police department Ray, people can do alot of stuff and i seen it happen. I don't want everyone knowing my personal business , i had a stalker back in 2003, who track me down in my neighborhood. He's sitting in prison right now for manslaughter(1st) . If you ask around over at siccness forum, they will tell you. It was on the news, attacking police officers and stalking one ( me ). People on the net put out their business to much, didn't they just give out warning for people in the military about that, about Isis? I use facebook, but I'm not using my real name , my real profile picture, or my real birthday and i plan to keep that in way.

Anyways, verizion says they can reopen the email account for 20 dollars a year or something. Not going to waste my time with the hassle. I'm just going to buy the game again at gamestop and just hold on to the game and write down the serial just in case .

Free2play
07-20-2015, 03:33 PM
Having been a fraud investigator in my past this alone initially raised some questions as to your true identity: You see this quote here . Seems to contradict your first post here

I didn't contradict myself. Are you sure you were a fraud Investigator? I said: i log into my Verizon account on Trion site to answer these questions

You do know you can send them an email from support on their website. I log into my verizion account, meaning my verizion email and password from trion main site and log in. So where's the contradiction?

I'm sure the Staff team and go to support and see that i just log into also under my Verizon account ->
Request #261452 <---------------------there's a open ticket i just made about what 20 mins ago.

HannaBelleLector
07-20-2015, 03:42 PM
I didn't contradict myself. Are you sure you were a fraud Investigator?

Are you sure you work in a police department? Seems like someone with that employment would understand protection and that is what Trion is doing, protecting an account because you couldn't simply put in the correct info or at least remember the birth date..maybe next time you use a family members birth date you could remember.

konstantinov
07-20-2015, 03:43 PM
I stopped reading after fake birthday.

Free2play
07-20-2015, 03:49 PM
Are you sure you work in a police department? Seems like someone with that employment would understand protection and that is what Trion is doing, protecting an account because you couldn't simply put in the correct info or at least remember the birth date..maybe next time you use a family members birth date you could remember.

Honestly if they don't want' to believe me, or even call Verizon them-self, that's them. They don't want to help , even though i provided them with every answer but what birthday and the serial code, but i manage to provide everything else, including what CMKiwi mention creation date, which i also provided, characters names on the account, password, etc.

I already know trion track record, its nothing to me. I just thought they would help, and i thought i would ask one , one last time. But if they really want to believe I'm hacking someone account haha, so be it. Don't expect me to support this game money wise anymore though. If i happen to get the account back, i will just open it through Verizon and get the 6 digit code myself. I'm done with this post. Staff you guys can closed it now.

Yun
07-20-2015, 03:52 PM
Seriously who in the name of the nine hells throws away the case that the game comes in. That's just asinine no matter how you look at it.

Also as someone who is well versed in computers if your Verizon account is closed then your not accessing it through Trion. Your accessing your Trion account with the information you provided when you signed up which would not give you access to any sort of email sent to your old verizon account regardless.

Mrdr
07-20-2015, 04:02 PM
I didn't contradict myself. Are you sure you were a fraud Investigator? I said: i log into my Verizon account on Trion site to answer these questions

You do know you can send them an email from support on their website. I log into my verizion account, meaning my verizion email and password from trion main site and log in. So where's the contradiction?

I'm sure the Staff team and go to support and see that i just log into also under my Verizon account ->
Request #261452 <---------------------there's a open ticket i just made about what 20 mins ago.

I see the problem now. You don't pay attention. I believe you're a cop but clearly not a detective or investigator of any sort--since you've done nothing to show any observation or reading comprehension skills. Read my post again.

I was trying to give you some advice on how to approach it but clearly you didn't get it since you continued to use the same phrasing I said was problematic from a security perspective.

Mrdr
07-20-2015, 04:03 PM
Seriously who in the name of the nine hells throws away the case that the game comes in. That's just asinine no matter how you look at it.

Also as someone who is well versed in computers if your Verizon account is closed then your not accessing it through Trion. Your accessing your Trion account with the information you provided when you signed up which would not give you access to any sort of email sent to your old verizon account regardless.

^^^^ This person gets it. It's not difficult.

dearhcrow89
07-20-2015, 04:12 PM
and this is why i use yahoo... for emails

Amack
07-20-2015, 04:54 PM
Just a quick question if I may OP. In what country, continent, or hemisphere were you an officer of the law? I was hoping to add it to my 'Do Not Visit' list. Thanks.

Mrdr
07-20-2015, 05:27 PM
Just a quick question if I may OP. In what country, continent, or hemisphere were you an officer of the law? I was hoping to add it to my 'Do Not Visit' list. Thanks.

Lmao. Awesome.

Cyrinx
07-20-2015, 05:33 PM
I hope someone with grammar (and paranoia) issues like this is not responsible for a firearm. Or in charge of my next traffic stop.

Gaige12
07-20-2015, 06:04 PM
IB4TL ;)

http://media.giphy.com/media/vjwACwDxB0hZ6/giphy.gif

Soul Binder
07-20-2015, 06:19 PM
I've had my cell service/internet access with Verizon for years now.
I never had a Verizon E-mail account, years ago when I first got service with Verizon they had me set up a GMail account because they didn't have their own e-mail service and that's who they parterned with and still do.

Furthermore you can't even get the same sort of internet service with Verizon as I have because several years ago they entered into a partnership with Comcast and I've been jumping through hoops ever since on a grandfathered contract to maintain the service and rates I have.

The fact that the OP suppossedly provided false information during account set-up with Trion is enough to raise red flags and likely cause for account to be suspended/revoked completely.

If I was a Trion employee this entire situation would have alarms going off, and posting this thread is not helping the OPs cause at all.

SirServed
07-20-2015, 06:27 PM
I've had my cell service/internet access with Verizon for years now.
I never had a Verizon E-mail account, years ago when I first got service with Verizon they had me set up a GMail account because they didn't have their own e-mail service and that's who they parterned with and still do.

Furthermore you can't even get the same sort of internet service with Verizon as I have because several years ago they entered into a partnership with Comcast and I've been jumping through hoops ever since on a grandfathered contract to maintain the service and rates I have.

The fact that the OP suppossedly provided false information during account set-up with Trion is enough to raise red flags and likely cause for account to be suspended/revoked completely.

If I was a Trion employee this entire situation would have alarms going off, and posting this thread is not helping the OPs cause at all.
They offered @verizon.net mail accounts about a decade or so ago just for having service with them. I ran into the same problem as this guy with Blizzard support when I changed service providers but unlike him, I kept the box. They also required that I send in a Photo ID to ensure I was legit.

Chump Norris
07-20-2015, 07:04 PM
IF you get it back don't use a comcast email address just in case you switch again.

The Lady
07-20-2015, 07:11 PM
I just clicked the link under the account tab to change my email, didn't answer any questions. As for providing false info than I would suggest you keep a notebook with all the false info you give and the answers to the security questions you use, that way if this happens in the future you'll have it.

DEMON
07-20-2015, 07:16 PM
OP as many have stated tossing the box ( or ANYTHING) with an authentication code on it is indeed foolish and assuredly not the act of a security minded computer user. I had a similar case when I gutted my PC and rebuilt it from scratch though with Blizzard and NC Soft had I done as you 5 years (from Diablo I to Diablo II, Starcraft ect) and my entire clan data on CoX would have been gone.
I also work in a secure environment (way beyond what your average online company requires) and deal with authenticating identities all day if an in-caller told me they provided a false date of birth on their original submission it would be end of story, all data given would be questionable without "hard" proof ( ie faxed credentials) consider this if I was a traffic stop and said the DoB on my license was a false one would you wave me on my way.....doubtful...

Keyrlis
07-21-2015, 01:40 PM
I hope someone with grammar (and paranoia) issues like this is not responsible for a firearm. Or in charge of my next traffic stop.

I immediately guessed that the OP was either a child or learned English as a 2nd language. While I don't care if it IS a 2nd language, I am seriously concerned over his lack of mastery over over it. Communication is one of human (and, I assume, votan) society's most valuable assets. Those in authority must be held to a higher standard of intelligence, ethics, and trust if they are to remain worthy of that mantle of respect, be they at the level of leaders, lawmakers, law-enforcers, or even low-level corporate PR or customer service reps. Any doubt of this is removed by seeing the news of overzealous but under-trained officers in combat gear facing off against protesters, Congressmen being "handled" by lobbyists, or the blowback and damage control efforts from EA/BioWare's failure to meet the expectations they set for the end of the Mass Effect series.
Hearing this alleged representative of the police attempt to explain the rationalization of his security circumvention makes me more afraid for my safety than all the crime statistics I've ever heard.

On the other hand, I can also see some of the reasoning behind hiding his birthday, etc. Stalkers can be a terrifying and difficult-to-remove menace from a person's life, and they are insidious in their uses of ANY info. These are the people that became doxxers. Cross-referencing data just became LOADS easier with the advent of the WWW, so they got more prolific. But as another poster pointed out, why not keep a diary of your assumed identities? As a PC tech, I keep a number of logins/identities/personas prepared for interaction electronically. I seldom receive spam where it is unexpected, as my personal address is NOWHERE online, other than the server that holds it, and the outbox of my correspondents. My gaming/entertainment account is FULL, however. :p You can even have them forward to a single inbox, and filter them as you choose with some email programs, like Inky, or even with hotmail's web access.

There are plenty of ways this whole situation could have been avoided. I find Trion to be WELL within both their own policies (and common sense) in denying you. Admittedly, if you could get on a personal contact level with them, they should be able to somehow verify you, but why is it their responsibility or duty to exert so much time and attention to a single user who failed to comply with the same terms and conditions we all did? :confused:

I wish you the best of luck in resolving this, but failing that, try to be a little more forward thinking in the future, yes? For not only your sake, but for the public you protect. Peace.

CM Kiwibird
07-21-2015, 01:44 PM
Hey there folks, going to go ahead and close this thread because it has become unproductive.