PDA

View Full Version : Any Chance to Reclaim former EGO Codes?

SandRaz0r
07-21-2015, 01:12 PM
I'm trying to be a completionist here, and though I was okay dealing without rewards from the first four episodes of Season 3, I am a little less so now that I know there is a pursuit related to it, and now I will be missing episode 1, 2, 3, and 4 because the codes have gone inactive. Does this mean that I will forever have an unfinished pursuit? Or will we be given another chance?

PithHelmetIrath
07-21-2015, 01:13 PM
Does this mean that I will forever have an unfinished pursuit?

I believe that's correct.. the codes now expire after a week, or so.

Tex_Arcana
07-21-2015, 02:24 PM
I believe that's correct.. the codes now expire after a week, or so.

Actually it's about 2 weeks.

Valethar
07-21-2015, 03:41 PM
They have never, to my knowledge, offered an 'amnesty' period for people to claim codes from missed episodes. I don't expect they'll do it for season 3 either, though given the current direction of 'development', I wouldn't be at all surprised if they decide to put those on the bit store too.

There's a thread here (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?216549-Season-Three-Community-EGO-Code-Expedition) on the forums that keeps track of the codes, which may help the OP. They can also be found at Defiance Data (http://www.defiancedata.com/egocodes.php) as well.

petergwilson
07-21-2015, 04:38 PM
Yep, I wrote to them as I missed episode 1 and 2 codes being a UK resident (we didn't get the codes shown during the show). They basically told me they couldn't do anything. I was a bit angry given that I have given them money in the past. Can't see that happening again.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Fuzzy
07-21-2015, 05:19 PM
Yep, I wrote to them as I missed episode 1 and 2 codes being a UK resident (we didn't get the codes shown during the show). They basically told me they couldn't do anything. I was a bit angry given that I have given them money in the past. Can't see that happening again.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

These codes are literally all over the internet that have something to do with Defiance. They get posted on the forums, on DD, Twitter and even Facebook.
They even sent and send out E-Mails before a new episode airs Fridays in the US.
Never have the EGO Codes been shown in any other country than the US, probably not even in the reruns of SyFy itself.
With a little information you could have gotten the first two codes as they were really everywhere.
It sucks you missed them but that the EGO Codes would only be shown during US Airings and would only be available for a limited time was known before the first episode even aired (BTW, it's 3 weeks for most codes unlike 1 week in Season 2).

Fallen_Aingeal
07-21-2015, 05:36 PM
These codes are literally all over the internet that have something to do with Defiance. They get posted on the forums, on DD, Twitter and even Facebook.
They even sent and send out E-Mails before a new episode airs Fridays in the US.
Never have the EGO Codes been shown in any other country than the US, probably not even in the reruns of SyFy itself.
With a little information you could have gotten the first two codes as they were really everywhere.
It sucks you missed them but that the EGO Codes would only be shown during US Airings and would only be available for a limited time was known before the first episode even aired (BTW, it's 3 weeks for most codes unlike 1 week in Season 2).

This. I'm sorry, the hand outs don't exist past expiration...

crasher
07-21-2015, 07:24 PM
otoh, petergwilson is new to the forums in July, and it's his first post here.
My money is that he hasn't been well connected to this point (as I'm sure other people we'll hear from in future), and is only now just learning that there even WAS something to play catch-up in/on/to.

Just my touchy/feely opinion since my inner child self got all sensitive when I got in touch with my 'toon's feminine side.

Just sayin'....

DEATHBRINGER210
07-22-2015, 01:44 AM
no chance . in season 2 my glyph account wasnt taking the codes i filed bug report after bug report and sent in tickets . i didnt get my shot murder face or my soleptor durango :(

petergwilson
07-22-2015, 02:23 AM
Yep, new to this and wasn't aware. Didn't get any e-mails and no information from them that the codes even existed. I'm not on twitter or facebook as I don't really need to know what someone I don't know had for breakfast. If I want to communicate with friends I call them or meet them in the pub for a chat.

I did get the codes but too late to enter them. I think we are a couple of weeks behind you for the broadcasts so wouldn't have been able to use the codes even if they had been broadcast.

I'm really pissed off that I can't get something that others can even though I haven't done anything wrong.

EvilAg3nt
07-22-2015, 07:13 AM
Perhaps Trion could Remove the Midsummers Mutiny Sign when you enter the game,Patch window
seeing as that ended on the 13th and its the 22cnd,

and instead put up there Helpful Info for all the newbies ingame.
thats the first thing they see anyways,why not make it USEFUL.

Holy Bahamut3
07-22-2015, 07:24 AM
Perhaps Trion could Remove the Midsummers Mutiny Sign when you enter the game,Patch window
seeing as that ended on the 13th and its the 22cnd,

and instead put up there Helpful Info for all the newbies ingame.
thats the first thing they see anyways,why not make it USEFUL.

Usefulness has never been a part of this games design. That's why we get bitstore clutter instead of inventory improvements.

Iceberg
07-22-2015, 07:30 AM
Usefulness has never been a part of this games design. That's why we get bitstore clutter instead of inventory improvements.

I was impressed when they started to promote their bit store on the loading screens, can't wait till they add one for the map screen. I even get a small message under my ego level, normally reserved for max key codes, that says visit the bit store!

Fuzzy
07-22-2015, 08:02 AM
Yep, new to this and wasn't aware. Didn't get any e-mails and no information from them that the codes even existed. I'm not on twitter or facebook as I don't really need to know what someone I don't know had for breakfast. If I want to communicate with friends I call them or meet them in the pub for a chat.

I did get the codes but too late to enter them. I think we are a couple of weeks behind you for the broadcasts so wouldn't have been able to use the codes even if they had been broadcast.

I'm really pissed off that I can't get something that others can even though I haven't done anything wrong.

I'm sitting in Germany, no one but Americans get the EGO Code Pop-Up.
You weren't doing anything wrong, however the codes are limited time only. It's not your fault but not Trion's either. The codes are something that existed for the past 3 years now. It sucks you only got to know about the game/the codes too late to enter them, but it was something which was known for a long time already.
You wouldn't complain either if you'd see any kind of lottery/raffle too late to enter.
No Ego is bound to that pursuit so people/new players won't miss out on ego. You only miss out on a few rewards and the final reward (which isn't anything that gives you an advantage over other players as well).

PithHelmetIrath
07-22-2015, 08:32 AM
seeing as that ended on the 13th and its the 22nd,

Hey now.. I like reading about the 'GGENERAL' fixes made to their game. lol

And IMHO-- last week's ALOEVERA code is the one decent reward from season 3 thus far. Even the final reward for entering all 13 codes is about as 'meh' as 'meh' gets.

Ray8888
07-22-2015, 10:53 AM
I love how how the anti - social media people always use the same example about food pics as the reason they don't use it but when something happens and they miss it they say Not My Fault.

Valethar
07-22-2015, 11:17 AM
I was impressed when they started to promote their bit store on the loading screens, can't wait till they add one for the map screen. I even get a small message under my ego level, normally reserved for max key codes, that says visit the bit store!

Any bets on when we'll see the Dodge billboards around Paradise changing to advertise the next cash grab on the store? :rolleyes:

petergwilson
07-22-2015, 12:48 PM
Not anti social media. Just anti "wasting everyones time". And -- Social Media is just a solution waiting for a use. It is also very dangerous. I'm a senior IT engineer and have proven to collegues how I can gather enough information using these tools to steal their identity. Obviously I haven't done so, just shown them how much important information they are giving away.

Amack
07-22-2015, 12:59 PM
Not anti social media. Just anti "wasting everyones time". And -- Social Media is just a solution waiting for a use. It is also very dangerous. I'm a senior IT engineer and have proven to collegues how I can gather enough information using these tools to steal their identity. Obviously I haven't done so, just shown them how much important information they are giving away.

Words to the wise right here. I refuse to use social media for the same exact reason.

Ray8888
07-22-2015, 01:14 PM
Social Media is just a solution waiting for a use.

It's a pretty good solution to this problem. I have Tumblr and Twitter accounts that only have fansites added.

Dixie Cougar
07-22-2015, 01:20 PM

In Soviet Russia, privacy settings fail to configure YOU!

As to your OP: Yeah, you're kind of screwed, but I don't see why the codes should expire. Meh.

Amack
07-22-2015, 01:28 PM
It's a pretty good solution to this problem.

Very true, it does get the job done. There are still more secure ways to accomplish the same task.

I have Tumblr and Twitter accounts that only have fansites added.

An excellent precaution on your part.

When it is your job to secure IT infrastructures, you see how unsecure these things can be, and it changes your perspective many times.