PDA

View Full Version : Serious lag, have comcast best quality internet, direct connect from ps3 to router

Kermit_The_Bear
07-21-2015, 08:39 PM
every time I get near people the game starts lagging out and people start warping and floating, ammo can be seen but not picked up and items can not be interacted with,
I have been guesing where the monsters are because I can not see them but numbers pop up when I shoot them,
I have a tera hard drive in my ps3 that is above par for ps3 and I have the best router that comcast offers with a ethernet wire ran directly into my ps3.
I do not get lag from any other game,

Is this normal?

Keziah
07-21-2015, 08:40 PM
Welcome to Defiance lol.
Yes, it's normal. :P

Valethar
07-21-2015, 09:28 PM
It's very normal, yes.

I won't get into what I think of Comcast's quality. :D

CowdBlud
07-21-2015, 11:56 PM
the pc eu server was the worst its ever been - that i have seen - last night... half my clan was complaining the game was virtually unplayable. :(

needs to be addressed... another 50p in the meter?

crazyged
07-22-2015, 12:32 AM
Yeah, PC-EU has been very laggy lately. Just going into loadoat or the map takes a good while to refresh.

Summon a vehicle and you stand there feeling silly while nothing happens for 5 seconds.

Speeeeeed, gimme what I neeeed!

Valethar
07-22-2015, 02:15 AM
Yeah, PC-EU has been very laggy lately. Just going into loadoat or the map takes a good while to refresh.

Summon a vehicle and you stand there feeling silly while nothing happens for 5 seconds.

Speeeeeed, gimme what I neeeed!

Or worse, it trolls you by showing up, and immediately vanishing. LOL

xXxDSMer
07-22-2015, 02:20 AM
all the above happens on 360 NA... I'm sure its a global defiance problem. Which more than likely means trion's servers, or bandwidth.

PithHelmetIrath
07-22-2015, 04:57 AM
Let me start by saying, OP.. it's not your internet that's the problem here. Too many others out there (with different ISPs, no less) have the same exact problems for it to just be "your" problem.

I won't get into what I think of Comcast's quality. :D

Thanks for the reminder, I need to cancel HBO and Showtime. My monthly Comcrap bill has gotten beyond ridiculous.

Iceberg
07-22-2015, 07:34 AM
all the above happens on 360 NA... I'm sure its a global defiance problem. Which more than likely means trion's servers, or bandwidth.

Another thing that happens is Ddos attacks to the defiance servers, I remember it took the team a long time to find that out.

Valethar
07-22-2015, 12:01 PM
It's not helping that they're hosting multiple games on the same cluster, so the influx of kiddies playing the new Mincecraft wannabe (Trove) is probably having a negative impact on Defiance. Defiance, Rift and Trove all share the same IP address.

WhiteStrike
07-22-2015, 12:12 PM
It's not helping that they're hosting multiple games on the same cluster, so the influx of kiddies playing the new Mincecraft wannabe (Trove) is probably having a negative impact on Defiance. Defiance, Rift and Trove all share the same IP address.

Really?Why doesn't Trion use the Bitstore Cash to get Defiance a server?

Kermit_The_Bear
07-22-2015, 12:53 PM
yea.. Ill play something else and try this game in another year..
I bought this game when it was beta, have played it since it started.
Stopped about 6 months ago because I thought I needed better EQ so I upgraded everything on my end and downloaded again.

Sux because I really liked this game, I saw the new episodes and hoped they decided to spend money on servers.
Guess the CEO getting his new house and boat matters more than a quality product.
Anyway thank you for the replies.

PithHelmetIrath
07-22-2015, 01:30 PM

Good news.. but perhaps old news.. Trove has a Patron Pass!

TriGlav 2000
07-22-2015, 01:38 PM
Another thing that happens is Ddos attacks to the defiance servers, I remember it took the team a long time to find that out.

DDOSed by Trove players, have you peps seen how many Trove players are online, about 55k and those are only coming via Steam.

Tex_Arcana
07-22-2015, 01:47 PM
Saying anything about the quality of your internet provider in the 'States is a moot point anyway: Latvia has better connectivity than anywhere in the U.S.A. (Last check at OOKLA had the U.S bouncing between 28th and 31st in the world in terms of D/L speeds).
Let alone the fact that small to medium sized, second-rate gaming companies try to squeeze profit by using second-rate hardware.

Valethar
07-22-2015, 04:23 PM
Really?Why doesn't Trion use the Bitstore Cash to get Defiance a server?

I'm not certain we ever had a dedicated server, even when the game still cost $50-150, much less when it went freep. The bit store has always been overpriced on nearly everything. I'd be surprised if they made enough off of it to cover that kind of expense.

Ray8888
07-22-2015, 04:31 PM
Some billionaire needs to become as obsessed with this game as I am.

Amack
07-22-2015, 08:41 PM
I think I see the problem.

http://i61.tinypic.com/1531dgo.jpg

That blue cable right there is not plugged in!

Alastar
07-23-2015, 05:19 AM
Its been over 2 years with unnaceptable server stability being normal. Time to stop hoping it'll get better folks.

PithHelmetIrath
07-23-2015, 05:22 AM
Its been over 2 years with unnaceptable server stability being normal. Time to stop hoping it'll get better folks.

http://static1.fjcdn.com/comments/He+s+right+you+know+in+b4+morgan+freeman+meme+_b48 abe3e7827cd066915c3e45c64f3ae.jpg

crasher
07-23-2015, 06:27 AM
http://static1.fjcdn.com/comments/He+s+right+you+know+in+b4+morgan+freeman+meme+_b48 abe3e7827cd066915c3e45c64f3ae.jpg
I'm not even going to point out how much more successful the game might/could have been if that one issue had been addressed before frustrated new players walked away without ever seeing how good the gameworld was.
We wont talk about the lack of chat interface during that whole 'rollout and introduction to STEAM players' enticement period that seemed to go on for months, until another time.

So, who has cookies?

Amack
07-23-2015, 11:23 AM
I'm not even going to point out how much more successful the game might/could have been if that one issue had been addressed before frustrated new players walked away without ever seeing how good the gameworld was.
We wont talk about the lack of chat interface during that whole 'rollout and introduction to STEAM players' enticement period that seemed to go on for months, until another time.

So, who has cookies?

Grin, ya lets just not go there. It's one of those days, lol.