PDA

View Full Version : newbi question...

Jotunhammer
07-22-2015, 10:00 AM
So I bought the 18 euro "evolved" bundle
and I been wondering... the purple weaponry there seems a bit pale and weak compared to the drops that I get from regular gaming(I am barely 3 hrs into the game), is that suppose to be so? and the orange weapon is definately weaker than the quest item weapon.

what am I missing there?

Cobra Crusher
07-22-2015, 11:17 AM
So I bought the 18 euro "evolved" bundle
and I been wondering... the purple weaponry there seems a bit pale and weak compared to the drops that I get from regular gaming(I am barely 3 hrs into the game), is that suppose to be so? and the orange weapon is definately weaker than the quest item weapon.

what am I missing there?

Not all purples will be better than blues and not all ojs will be better than purples. It depends on the rolls and what kind of weapon or shield it is.

Valethar
07-22-2015, 11:40 AM
EGO level also has something to do with it as well. A level 100 rifle isn't going to be as impressive as one at 1000, for example. If your character is fairly young, even legendaries can seem somewhat disappointing, especially if they have poor rolls.

Jotunhammer
07-22-2015, 04:03 PM
Thank you for replying, and I will ask what must seem to be a stupid question again.... how do I determine a good roll? I tried searching for the weapons and skill post of forums but it seems to have vanished.

Valethar
07-22-2015, 04:12 PM
Thank you for replying, and I will ask what must seem to be a stupid question again.... how do I determine a good roll? I tried searching for the weapons and skill post of forums but it seems to have vanished.

That can be somewhat subjective, depending on the person and the weapon. Many people like to see crit and damage as the blue and/or orange rolls, for example. Something like accuracy, mag size, or recoil as an orange roll likely isn't going to be as desirable.

If you go to Defiance Data (http://www.defiancedata.com/weaponbonuses.php?t=Legendary&w=Assault&f=icons) and look at that page in the link, you can select various weapons and rarity tiers to see what's available.

And don't worry about asking questions. All of us have been there at one point or another.

Ray8888
07-22-2015, 04:24 PM
This is a good starting point...
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?99055-Mav-s-Guide-to-Weapon-Bonus-Rolls-and-More

As far as what's "good" some of that is preference. Some love velocity rolls on dets some hate them. However there are some we all agree on. DMG is always good. High Crit weapons like pistols and snipes need a crit roll, the higher the better, most Shottys need high reload/mag rolls, ect.

And BTW not only is that not a stupid question it's actually the best question a newcomer can ask.

Jotunhammer
07-23-2015, 03:39 AM
So let me see if I understand this...
these are the possible rolls for my legendary? the colored text in the weapon specc in the game?

Legendary (Orange) Level Bonus - Can Appear on...
1.25 Mag - AR/SMG/LMGs, Infectors
1.10 Fire Rate - AR/SMG/LMGs, Combat/Pump Shotguns, All Snipers, Pistols, Detonator/RLs, Infectors
1.30 Mag - Volge LMGs
+8 Mag - All Snipers, Pistols
+10 Mag - Combat/Pump Shotguns
+24 Mag - Pistols (VOT Blasters, Surge Blasters only)
-0.20 Recoil - Pistols (Northstar Flares only)
1.10 DMG - AR/SMG/LMGs, All Shotguns, All Snipers, Pistols, Detonator/RLs
0.70 Reload - Sawed Off Shotguns
1.15 Crit Multi - Sawed Off Shotguns
+0.50 Full Damage Radius - Detonator/RLs, Volge LMGs
2.00 Velocity - Detonator/RLs, Volge LMGs
+2 Max Links - BMGs
0.90 Charge - BMGs
-0.30 Link Time - BMGs

rkarolak
07-23-2015, 02:09 PM
Beyond rarity, enhancements provided by said rarity, stat roles, Ego synergy, and mods. It's also important to find which weapons work well for you and your play style, which is probably the most important consideration, and that's found by just playing. Also play with your ego powers to find which best compliment your gameplay style and weapons.

I also wouldn't compare yourself to other players. Players with significantly higher ego will have a technical advantage, even when there is the EGO handicap active.

Have fun! :)

Valethar
07-23-2015, 02:20 PM
So let me see if I understand this...
these are the possible rolls for my legendary? the colored text in the weapon spec in the game?

Hard to say without seeing the weapon. Some of those you listed are exclusive to specific weapon types.

On the page I linked there are several bonus tiers that correspond to specific colors on the weapons rolls.

White - Common
Green - Uncommon
Blue - Rare
Purple - Epic
Orange - Legendary

Certain types of bonuses only appear on certain weapons. Link Time, for example, will only ever appear on a BMG, it has no effect for an assault rifle or pistol, so doesn't 'roll' for those.

Weapons should rarely, if ever these days, roll the same bonus twice. So if your assault rifle rolled with a damage increase as it's legendary roll, you wouldn't see it as a roll anywhere else. Bonus rolls also vary in strength or effectiveness based on the tier they're in. A green or blue damage increase is going to smaller than an orange would be.

Lower level weapons tend to be somewhat flat in the 'power curve', and it's not at all uncommon to find that a lower tiered weapon can be stronger than a higher tiered one at the same EGO rating. The bonus rolls can have a noticeable effect on how the weapon performs. If you have a blue or purple weapon that has crit and damage rolls, and an orange that doesn't have either, or in a lower tier, it's entirely possible that the orange weapon is going to be weaker, especially if it's loaded down with recoil, accuracy and increased mag size for example.

I should point out that purple/epic rolls on weapons have their own category, and while they may vary a little between weapon types, they are not reproduced in any of the other color tiers.

In addition, there is something called a 'mastery' roll. This appears on the weapon only after you've gained a set amount of experience with that specific weapon. Mastery rolls can duplicate bonus tier rolls, so it would be possible to have a weapon with a blue +crit bonus, and have a mastery bonus that also adds +crit.

So, now that I've thoroughly confused you and probably caused your eyes to start bleeding...

Don't worry too much over that orange weapon you just got from the bundle. At this point in the game, it's not one that's worth attempting to upgrade over the course of the game, unless you have tons of money or time to burn to acquire the Arkforge needed to keep it current. You're going to outlevel that gun fairly fast, and find new ones to replace it in short order.

If you stay on top of doing dailies and other activities that earn you keys, you can eventually find some rather good weapons from Epic lockboxes found on a vendor in the game. Save the keys until you get 64, plus 3,000 Scrip, then buy a lockbox. You'll get garbage, but you'll also find some good things as well. Those boxes also have a change to drop grenades, stims and spikes, which can also help you out. Salvage the weapons you don't want, you'll need the salvage to do certain upgrades later for the ones you do keep.