PDA

View Full Version : collectors edition, what will i get?

stefb42
07-23-2015, 04:19 AM
I bought the limited edition as a pre-order back in 2013 so have applied a limited edition code to my account already, so if I buy a collectors edition will I be able to apply the code to my existing account? And if I can what exactly will I receive from the collectors edition code

Thanks

dremora ven0m
07-23-2015, 06:36 AM
I bought the limited edition as a pre-order back in 2013 so have applied a limited edition code to my account already, so if I buy a collectors edition will I be able to apply the code to my existing account? And if I can what exactly will I receive from the collectors edition code

Thanks

Yes you can buy all the different types of the game, standard, limited, collectors, deluxe & ultimate..
You get inventory, keys, toons & loadouts & they stack with the different types of game editions.
you cant stack copies of the same editions tho.
as for what you get in that type of copy i cant recall.
just google it buddy.

stefb42
07-23-2015, 06:42 AM
Yeah tried googling but it just tells you what's in the box etc, after ftp codes started getting forge and patron pass but I can't seem to find any info on what the collectors edition code gives exactly

PithHelmetIrath
07-23-2015, 06:46 AM
Hope this might help.. looks like the list on the right shows what's unlocked via code entry.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/images/bonus/271303_CELG.jpg

stefb42
07-23-2015, 07:02 AM
Thanks but the list on there was created before arkforge and patron passes were a thing, I guess I'm asking is does this edition grant arkforge and patron pass? I'm positive it does, but just trying to verify whether it does or not

PithHelmetIrath
07-23-2015, 07:06 AM
Thanks but the list on there was created before arkforge and patron passes were a thing, I guess I'm asking is does this edition grant arkforge and patron pass? I'm positive it does, but just trying to verify whether it does or not

No.. they stopped doing the +1000 AF grant, from what I remember hearing in an old live stream.

YahootsMagoondi
07-23-2015, 08:25 AM
i'll defer to those who have actually done it...guess i'll see if i can find a cheap copy to grab while i'm at it if it does in fact grant af and pp for each "tier" of the game you purchase.

Mister Meanor
07-23-2015, 09:29 AM
No.. they stopped doing the +1000 AF grant, from what I remember hearing in an old live stream.

The 1000AF that was removed was from dlc 5, not the disc copies.

I have applied standard, limited, collectors & ultimate edition to my account and all of them come with, 1000AF, 30 day patron pass, 2 toons (to a maximum of 6), 25 keycode cap (to a maximum of 130), 2 loadouts (to a maximum of 5 or 6) and 35 inventory slots (to a maximum of 500). Plus whatever other bonuses you get with each version. Never heard of deluxe edition myself, gonna google it.

stefb42
07-23-2015, 09:45 AM

I have applied standard, limited, collectors & ultimate edition to my account and all of them come with, 1000AF, 30 day patron pass, 2 toons (to a maximum of 6), 25 keycode cap (to a maximum of 130), 2 loadouts (to a maximum of 5 or 6) and 35 inventory slots (to a maximum of 500). Plus whatever other bonuses you get with each version. Never heard of deluxe edition myself, gonna google it.

This reply I like, hope the rest of you are wrong lol, seriously though this was the impression I had as to what the codes gave but I guess I'll find out soon enough

PithHelmetIrath
07-23-2015, 10:17 AM

Guess that's what I get for trying to help.. no more of that.

Ray8888
07-23-2015, 10:54 AM
I do not believe the AF has been removed. I started with the Ultimate, got the AF and PP and way after purchasing Inventory and PPs I found out the retail copy includes them. After the last event I applied a retail code. So well after they removed the AF from the stand alone DLC. I got 1000 AF and the PP along with another loadout and the additional inventory. Not exactly apples to apples but if it applies to the retail I would think it applies to the collectors.

whit
07-23-2015, 11:15 AM
Stef, is there a good deal somewhere (in UK ?) for the collector's edition ?

stefb42
07-23-2015, 11:42 AM
Grabbed one of ebay for 8, figured I might as well at that price

stefb42
07-27-2015, 04:13 AM
I do not believe the AF has been removed. I started with the Ultimate, got the AF and PP and way after purchasing Inventory and PPs I found out the retail copy includes them. After the last event I applied a retail code. So well after they removed the AF from the stand alone DLC. I got 1000 AF and the PP along with another loadout and the additional inventory. Not exactly apples to apples but if it applies to the retail I would think it applies to the collectors.

Hey nice, I just read this through again and realised I haven't applied a retail code either, limited edition just happened to be the version my local store sold at release, didn't cost any extra nor did I have to jump through any hoops to get that edition, so I always assumed the limited ed I had was the standard :)

So collectors edit coming tomorrow, if all goes well I'll be buying a 99p standard edition too:)

Deadeye Joe
07-27-2015, 07:24 AM
Pretty sure you get thirty days patron, but that's not written anywhere on box etc for obvious reasons. I got all editions, each granted 1000 arkforge. Last redeem was just a couple months ago...

stefb42
07-27-2015, 08:17 AM
Pretty sure you get thirty days patron, but that's not written anywhere on box etc for obvious reasons. I got all editions, each granted 1000 arkforge. Last redeem was just a couple months ago...

Just out of interest, where do I redeem the code? Xbox live marketplace or redeem code ingame or on the Trion website where I redeem episode codes

Thanks

Ray8888
07-27-2015, 08:29 AM
In game.

/10char

Smokey Black
07-27-2015, 09:24 AM
Just out of interest, where do I redeem the code? Xbox live marketplace or redeem code ingame or on the Trion website where I redeem episode codes

Thanks

next to the code it gives directions on how to apply it.

Jerrmy12
07-27-2015, 09:28 AM

Thanks

if i were you, i'd get the ultimate edition, it costs 2$ more

stefb42
07-27-2015, 09:56 AM
if i were you, i'd get the ultimate edition, it costs 2$ more

Cant find ultimate edit for less than 20, would pay that if I didn't own all dlc but I already have dlc

On topic though, my box came early and I redeemed the code just there, so I got all the titles hydra and infiltrator shield for sure, I also definitely got 1000 ark forge, not sure about patron pass as I already had one active but I imagine I got it, forgot to check inventory and loadouts extra keycode capacity etc so will check that for sure later, but yeah looks like these codes do give extra digital items (arkforge patron pass)

stefb42
07-27-2015, 10:21 AM
Update

Received 25 keycode increase, 40 inventory slots, extra loadout, extra character, 2 7 day boosts, outfit, title, infiltrator shield, hydra, lockbox (items just went straight to inv, there was no actual box) and 1000 arkforge

Still no way to check on patron pass as I already had 1 active, guess I'll know if my patron expires in the next week or 2

Bentu
07-27-2015, 10:29 AM
Cant find ultimate edit for less than 20, would pay that if I didn't own all dlc but I already have dlc

http://i.imgur.com/gSCngVJ.jpg?1

If you can get the ultimate edition for about 20 quid its worth it as you'll get the 1k af and the bits that come with it.

There's some other little extras to.

Obvious Obbe
07-27-2015, 12:34 PM
Question: if i buy something like this from sources like ebay or whatever, how do i know it will still work and wont already have been claimed leaving me with nothing but a slightly emptier bank account?

stefb42
07-27-2015, 01:44 PM
Question: if i buy something like this from sources like ebay or whatever, how do i know it will still work and wont already have been claimed leaving me with nothing but a slightly emptier bank account?

Personally I went for new, and always buy it now as that allows a cooling off period for buyers (distance selling regulations or something) which stops sellers being able to refuse returns, I also always use PayPal, this allows me to claim my money back if an item is not as described, and feedback, look for sellers with very little to no negative fb who are active sellers selling a lot of stuff, legit ebay sellers despise negative feedback and dsr ratings as they effect the position of their items in a general search as well as look bad, a legit seller will usually do their best to solve any issues you may have

I've had issues twice on ebay, once was a 2nd hand laptop that I didn't like when it arrived, the seller said no returns but sold it as a buy it now, ebay/paypal instructed the seller to refund my money upon item return under distance selling regulations, basically I could return within 2 weeks without giving any reason

2nd occasion I had bought a copy of fallout new Vegas, within days it became obvious the seller had sold a shed load of stuff he didn't actually have, this occasion took longer to resolve as the seller was non responsive (done a bunk), however after a period of no response from seller ebay/paypal paid me my money back