PDA

View Full Version : Extremely Hard Missions

iiMulc
04-05-2013, 04:42 PM
I have been finding some missions extremely hard because I have to do them solo. Literally no one came to do the same mission as me for 1 hour and I was struggling to complete it because the game is clearly designed for multi player but when there is no other person to do the mission with it becomes very hard. Mobs spawning from everywhere and shooting me from every corner. I died so many times and I am very frustrated. I don't know if anyone is having issues withd difficulty but I am. Not everyone is the greatest at fps games and I am having real trouble complete missions solo. What am I supposed to do? Quit the game?

Viksen
04-05-2013, 06:04 PM
Moved from Lore to General.

Migrayne
04-05-2013, 06:09 PM
Learn to retreat a lot. You don't have to stand still or stay in the same little area. Kite them around things as you reload.

Maybe goto the nearest supply depot/camp and when people come ask for help.

Every mission is doable solo. You just have to move around a lot.

fang1192
04-05-2013, 06:15 PM
Learn to retreat a lot. You don't have to stand still or stay in the same little area. Kite them around things as you reload.

I never understand how people dont see this. There's rarely a situation in the game where the enemies respawn forever and few enemies are persistent that they follow you everywhere.

To add on, if you're solo you need some form of crowd control or AoE damage. Its all about juggling and prioritizing enemies.

Greywolf
04-05-2013, 06:15 PM
Use your ego powers, decoy / cloak are my favorites, they perform pretty good in pve, cloak probably the best for pvp.

Use cover, no I am not talking about some hidden mechanic, I mean hiding behind objects when reloading and use it to line of sight snipers etc.

Use grenades when you can.

Don't be afraid to use the butt of your rifle and melee whip the *** of that meat cleaving mutant up in your face, 1-2 hits should kill him, and at worse.. this is where you can spec blur and get the +75% dmg on mobs that are flinching, whack them in the face then paste them with a sawn off shotgun, will drop the biggest baddest guys so quick..

Use your dodge mechanic "alt" on pc or double tap crouch on a console, it can be used to get out of snares and avoid archer hellbugs paste.

Use your vehicle if you have one, for those crazy "save the hostage" or whatever missions in the middle of the road, its fun to run stuff over right?

Kane
04-05-2013, 06:16 PM
yeah what he said

Aris
04-05-2013, 06:47 PM
Qudos to all that replied so far ye are obviously 'Uber' players being medium to hard core , unfortunately the majority of people are not as good as ye, I am also struggling, especially in boss fights in the quest line I'm dying so often I'm now broke I am stuck in a fight at the moment with the Dark matter boss and I cant even give up had to exit the game and hope I respawn outa the instance if not I will have to delete the char ... this game is for the pro's not the majority of people.

Cabey
04-05-2013, 07:19 PM
I have been finding some missions extremely hard because I have to do them solo. Literally no one came to do the same mission as me for 1 hour and I was struggling to complete it because the game is clearly designed for multi player but when there is no other person to do the mission with it becomes very hard. Mobs spawning from everywhere and shooting me from every corner. I died so many times and I am very frustrated. I don't know if anyone is having issues withd difficulty but I am. Not everyone is the greatest at fps games and I am having real trouble complete missions solo. What am I supposed to do? Quit the game?

Feel free to add me, and I will help you on any mission you are struggling with. Im not great either but at least it'll be fun!

jnt
04-05-2013, 07:37 PM
Qudos to all that replied so far ye are obviously 'Uber' players being medium to hard core , unfortunately the majority of people are not as good as ye, I am also struggling, especially in boss fights in the quest line I'm dying so often I'm now broke I am stuck in a fight at the moment with the Dark matter boss and I cant even give up had to exit the game and hope I respawn outa the instance if not I will have to delete the char ... this game is for the pro's not the majority of people.

Nim problems? Just takes a lot of running around for p1 and using cover in p3. You can do it! don't give up!

Foxhop
04-05-2013, 08:17 PM
I agree that there are some tedious quests though don't believe nerfing is the solution. The solution is to simply get a proper chat system implemented and running in this game!

Oh dear! These hellbugs are eating my face off!
general [Bob]: Hey! Anyone mind helping me with <insert quest name here>
general [Smith]: Sure thing! On my way!

Problem solved. :)

Slay
04-05-2013, 08:50 PM
Just want to say I am very good at first person shooters, I'd like to say every game I play I have a natural talent and my KD in Halo games are all atleast 3. But I find myself dying not as much as you describe. This is obvious, but I still die. And for me to try hard in the missions not to die means you are probably correct. It is a bit of a hard thing to do solo. I am also like you, I've done every mission solo so far and my ego rating is at 350 right now. I'm pretty far in but I never do coop, honestly I think it slows me down.

My suggestion:
If aim assist is off, turn it on in the settings.
Get a shield with a lower recharge delay and higher recharge/sec
Invest in the cloak ability (I use overcharge, but cloak might be good for you since you need it to stay alive)
Adjust your sensitivity until you see a good fit

Dixa
04-05-2013, 08:59 PM

nim is a simple exercise in avoiding attacks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gk9IyXam9Y

oppi26
04-05-2013, 09:33 PM
Explain to me how I can use any of these strategies against Teach for Rosa's mission? I've died 5 times and had to start the fight from the beginning. I'm fine till I have to hit the backpack of the Smelters. I'm just getting super frustrated with this one fight.
The fight is solo instanced. So no, I can't get outside help.

deadextrem
04-05-2013, 10:23 PM
Thing is when you fight teach the fight is super easy Use cover in back corner in Left side kill all other enemies roll away from smelters kill all other in the room shoot in the back of smelters and wola shoot teach repeat it till teach is 1/2 of his HP he comes down from there just shoot him in the face, My weapons of choice is a TACC pistol and TACC AR, but if you having hard times i suggest you BMG and an good hip fire smg or AR (VOT Blast Rifle), or if you want to switch to easy mode use Rocket Launcher or Grenade launcher and then if you die then i'll say sorry this game is not for you! Have nice Day and good Luck!
p.s. Teach is walk in the park if compere with Nim!

filo death lord
04-06-2013, 01:44 AM

dont quit just learn from youre past failures and only a select few are truly solo and they are easy but if you need help with story or side quest hit me up i am on alot and ran out of main quest to do so i will help anyone who needs it. GT- xTUx Death Lord

Thedjectivenoun
04-06-2013, 01:50 AM
Yeah some missions are hard, some missions have enemies jumping out of every orifice on the battlefield. I would suggest fix your minimap so it doesn't rotate and you can see where the enemies are coming from, so you know your plan of attack. Pyro/Bio nades are awesome to use.

A shotty Pump I prefer for CQC (Close Quarters Combat) and Melee to add some distance or stun. Wait until the 99ers those guys are bastards!
Also I would suggest setting your sensitivity nearly maxed and learn how to play on that so you can turn fast in case you get hit from behind, or on the side. but take cover and see were the red dots are and plan an attack, and learn quickly from your mistakes.

Kane
04-06-2013, 02:36 AM
so teach and nim are BOSS fights...they are supposed to be a bit more challenging, and they are (sort of)...shure you die, someone mentioned halo...well...this isn't halo...if you die, there is little to no penalty except the frustration, even so you get to start from the last sequence of the boss you were on not from the very beginning...and with teach it;s all a roll check, so is nim...i for one can't brag that i have experience in tps...the closest thing to playing something like defiance was fallout 3 (i know it's a fps), but i died once at teach just because i wanted to get the lay of the land sort of speak and at nim...well i had so much previous experience with the game ai that it didn't even pose a threat, it gives you alot of slack for recharging shields, if you use decoy you can damage him while he is occupied with that, and the only thing that actually posed a challenge was that i had no ideea what the crystals do when they spawn from the ground...took me 3 seconds to figure out the hard way :))

So in reality the game is fairly easy to let's say moderate...no need to nerf anything imo.

filo death lord
04-06-2013, 03:11 AM
A shotty Pump I prefer for CQC (Close Quarters Combat) and Melee to add some distance or stun. Wait until the 99ers those guys are bastards!
Also I would suggest setting your sensitivity nearly maxed and learn how to play on that so you can turn fast in case you get hit from behind, or on the side. but take cover and see were the red dots are and plan an attack, and learn quickly from your mistakes.

the dark matter guys are tougher yet and the scarpers are the most annoying one to fight in major ark falls

filo death lord
04-06-2013, 03:16 AM
so teach and nim are BOSS fights...they are supposed to be a bit more challenging, and they are (sort of)...shure you die, someone mentioned halo...well...this isn't halo...if you die, there is little to no penalty except the frustration, even so you get to start from the last sequence of the boss you were on not from the very beginning...and with teach it;s all a roll check, so is nim...i for one can't brag that i have experience in tps...the closest thing to playing something like defiance was fallout 3 (i know it's a fps), but i died once at teach just because i wanted to get the lay of the land sort of speak and at nim...well i had so much previous experience with the game ai that it didn't even pose a threat, it gives you alot of slack for recharging shields, if you use decoy you can damage him while he is occupied with that, and the only thing that actually posed a challenge was that i had no ideea what the crystals do when they spawn from the ground...took me 3 seconds to figure out the hard way :))

So in reality the game is fairly easy to let's say moderate...no need to nerf anything imo.

if anything then need to make some opponents stronger and let us fight the bridges dark matter guy the hammer of dawn cut seen just disappointing me it killed me in the first hour of playing the game and i wanted my revenge not letting a beam of light do it for me

Draemos
04-06-2013, 03:40 AM

I'm absolutely terrible at FPS on the PC and I muscle through it w/ some ingenuity. It's makes the game worth playing. Man up and quit complaining.

Pest
04-06-2013, 05:32 AM
Well, at least I now know I am not the only one struggling.:D Its kind of frustrating but I also know I need to improve my skill level for this game.

Kiting has worked for me on a few missions but at this point it is just alot of work to get through missions at all, lots of dieing.:mad:

Although a better "looking for group" mechanic would help too. And we all know the chat system is useless as it stands right now.

Also I think I need to work on my video settings, too often I am having trouble seeing our mutant friends until they are on top of me.

To the OP, keep at it, its the only choice we have unless you want to quit.

Kaen
04-06-2013, 07:14 AM
I've found almost every mission laughably easy solo as long as you find some elevated terrain to stand on. I run around with a semi-auto assault rifle and an electro gun to recharge my shields and spend 80% of my time on top of towers or inside of truck beds.

Don't be afraid to go places where the only way to shoot out of them is to be mid-jump. That also means that's the only time you can be shot.

oppi26
04-06-2013, 08:42 AM
Thing is when you fight teach the fight is super easy Use cover in back corner in Left side kill all other enemies roll away from smelters kill all other in the room shoot in the back of smelters and wola shoot teach repeat it till teach is 1/2 of his HP he comes down from there just shoot him in the face, My weapons of choice is a TACC pistol and TACC AR, but if you having hard times i suggest you BMG and an good hip fire smg or AR (VOT Blast Rifle), or if you want to switch to easy mode use Rocket Launcher or Grenade launcher and then if you die then i'll say sorry this game is not for you! Have nice Day and good Luck!
p.s. Teach is walk in the park if compere with Nim!

I'm sorry. I was under the impression a walk in the park didn't involve shooting the smallest enemy in game on the back and not killing him while being shot at by two elites that immediately respawn when killed and grenades coming at you from the boss. But man, I sure as hell am going to quit this game because he is just too tough. Thanks man.
Seriously, you gave me helpful advice on guns to use, there was no need to tell me not to play the game because I'm having trouble on Teach and Nim is tougher. So the hell what? Some people have a tougher time on easier fights for others.

Agent T8235
04-06-2013, 08:49 AM
The decoy power has been helping me a lot when I am forced to solo. I'm not sure if its possible, but when I have enough EGO Units, I will probably purchase Overcharge to use when I am doing Arkfalls with others.

I love that the game difficulty scales with learning curve rather than character progression. It does; however, make Arkfalls a tedious affair, because there are just so many people that the game becomes about who can pump more shells into mama hellbug rather than actual skill. There is a very low chance of an enemy actually targeting you when there are 60 other people shooting the same thing

Zaeed
04-06-2013, 09:22 AM
I used to play Mass Effect 3 MP a lot so I may have some tips that may help you.

You need to use cover a lot especially in later game where those Dark matter forces are really accurate even from further distances. Try to kite your enemies and limit your angles of exposure so you only fight 1 or 2 guy at the same time. Watch your back and try to position yourself so you don't have to worry about stuff coming from behind. And as people said don't be afraid to retreat if you are getting overwhelmed. If you are getting shot and theres no cover, then dodge like crazy towards nearest cover.

Also prioritize your enemies. If you see one big 99 and several basic soldiers it may seem logical to shoot the big one first but its better to kill the little guys first and then focus on the bosses. Often it's not the big ones that kill you but the smaller ones who just shoot you in the back while you are distracted. The little ones are also lot easier to kill.

Decoy power is very useful and it will save you many times.

I hope this helps.:o

GAMEOVER7O7
04-06-2013, 09:35 AM
Will help any of you that are having trouble this sunday night after 8pm pst if you like.
Almost done with main missions.
Helping you will help me level up my guns.
A win-win.

Sparahawk
04-06-2013, 01:49 PM
All the time you spend moaning about the game being to hard you could of spent getting better at the freaking game! Its like saying dark souls is to hard it aint you just got to get better.

Jafo
04-06-2013, 02:33 PM
The only one Ive had a problem with so far is the Teach guy in the Dog gone mine or w/e it is. Tried grouping, but of course its solo. I'm leveling up a bit, see if maybe I can get some better/upgrade weapons, but the end fight is a pain. The evac puts outside the boss door and its do over from there.

Silverbluetree
04-06-2013, 02:33 PM
I feel the pain of everyone having difficulties with soloing - for me it ain't easy either.

However, what I do that helps (I'm not at those missions yet) me is:
Start as sniper and pick off as many ranged targets as possible - then run away and hide :) I grenade kiters while I run so I'm taking a few more out while I recoup.
Repeat and rinse until I've got all the baddies with ranged weapons that I can see, then I sniper as many of the smaller mobs as possible and rush in to get as many low ones as possible - sometimes I get overwhelmed as well it's just the way it goes.

Also, don't laugh but I try to keep as much cash on hand in case I die like 20-30 times LOL (happened a few times with the raiders). Hey, it's only cash and easy to come by :)

Still, though it's frustrating and I don't think the game really scales appropriately for soloers - but it is what it is and some of us are just not as good as others.

Best of luck

Kwoung
04-07-2013, 12:22 AM
Weapons and your specs in game make a huge difference. Have you modded your weapons? What perk abilities do you have active? I personally use a AR and a semi-auto sniper rifle 90% of the time, but have a load with a shottie that tosses grenades and a grenade launcher for those times there are tons of little mobs and need to AE. I usually have the perks to get more ammo and reload faster loaded, which helps a lot. A quick duck behind something and the gun is already reloaded, I am usually waiting on my shield to refresh before I jump back in.

FYI, never played a shooter before in my life, came from a MMORPG background, but the main carryover I learned was... equipment and perks are #1. If you have the right gear/skills ready, the game goes from impossible/frustrating to challenging/fun in the blink of an eye.

Oh yeah, rarely stand still. strafing, rolling, etc... is required. Make sure to roll when you are on fire BTW, it puts it out! Also a great way to avoid incoming grenades, rockets, etc...

Zaeed
04-07-2013, 01:01 AM
Weapons and your specs in game make a huge difference. Have you modded your weapons? What perk abilities do you have active? I personally use a AR and a semi-auto sniper rifle 90% of the time, but have a load with a shottie that tosses grenades and a grenade launcher for those times there are tons of little mobs and need to AE. I usually have the perks to get more ammo and reload faster loaded, which helps a lot. A quick duck behind something and the gun is already reloaded, I am usually waiting on my shield to refresh before I jump back in.

FYI, never played a shooter before in my life, came from a MMORPG background, but the main carryover I learned was... equipment and perks are #1. If you have the right gear/skills ready, the game goes from impossible/frustrating to challenging/fun in the blink of an eye.

Oh yeah, rarely stand still. strafing, rolling, etc... is required. Make sure to roll when you are on fire BTW, it puts it out! Also a great way to avoid incoming grenades, rockets, etc...

Yeah, good weapon that you are comfortable with is important too, though I don't think it's as important in this game as in other traditional MMORPGs because its a shooter and works differently. I think your aim and ability to deal with many enemies at once is a lot more important than your equipment. It doesn't really matter how good gun you have if you can't aim it or can't handle multiple bad guys coming at you.:D

Kwoung
04-07-2013, 01:15 AM
Yeah, good weapon that you are comfortable with is important too, though I don't think it's as important in this game as in other traditional MMORPGs because its a shooter and works differently. I think your aim and ability to deal with many enemies at once is a lot more important than your equipment. It doesn't really matter how good gun you have if you can't aim it or can't handle multiple bad guys coming at you.:D
Good point, I also tend to cut back on the multiples as much as possible by taking a lot of cover and only letting the one I am killing see me. A nice effect on the weapon, like stun of fire is also real handy so you can get multiple shots off(and hopefully a kill) before the mob recovers and shoots back.

Hope some of this helped the guy having the issues! I had a hard time as well until I learned a bit more strategy and how to deal with certain situations.

alred
04-07-2013, 05:34 AM

Maybe goto the nearest supply depot/camp and when people come ask for help.

I was on a mission, I forget it's name. You had to go into a mining camp, fix 3 relays, then turn on a transmitting tower. I was doing that solo, and spent an hour getting killed, and killing the mobs. The mobs followed me to the spawn points, so when I died, they were on top of me. The only chance I had, was to jump in my car and run as many over as possible before the car exploded. Then it would take a while before I could call my car again. It was a frustrating mission, but damn, it felt good to finally drop the last bad guy, and get a mission complete.

Zaeed
04-07-2013, 10:12 AM
Another tip I learned from other games is the "Right hand advantage". I don't know how well it works in this game but I guess it doesn't hurt to mention it. I had some success against mutants and Dark matter at least. Basically in the game you and most of the enemies with guns are right handed (Dark matter enforcers are left handed I think but it works against them too). So if you position yourself in such way that a wall or other cover protects your body to the left but your weapon can still shoot forward without hitting the wall. That way you can shoot the enemy but they can't shoot you.

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/6381/2013040700002.jpg
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/6068/2013040700005.jpg

I can shoot him but he can't shoot me!

pappacube
04-07-2013, 11:16 AM
I agree that there are some tedious quests though don't believe nerfing is the solution. The solution is to simply get a proper chat system implemented and running in this game!

Oh dear! These hellbugs are eating my face off!
general [Bob]: Hey! Anyone mind helping me with <insert quest name here>
general [Smith]: Sure thing! On my way!

Problem solved. :)

yes, the chat system gimps the MMO bits of this game bad. but it is an awesome game...

Tgreen
04-07-2013, 12:57 PM
Well ... if Nim would be a push over you'd have a lot more disappointed people here. It's the final boss of the basic story line.
If anything it was too easy once you figure out what's going on.
And that's just the thing ... even though it's a shooter and a tactical game by default because of it, there's a great strategic component to it. Choosing the right weapons and perks (even grenade type) will make all the difference.
There isn't one best weapon or one best perk-build. But there is one for each enemy type and boss!

As an example let's take the shielded raider with a shotgun. It's easy to figure that one out, since he blocks plenty of shots unless you hit him with explosive damage ... detonators, rocket launchers and grenade-shotguns are the answer.

For Nim ... fighting with a pistol with very high crit multiplier and sniper rifle is awesome for all the other Dark Matter enemies they melt like nothing, but you most certainly will not kill Nim with this. However a burst shotgun, 25 rps sub-machine gun are both very mobile, easy to aim and will do the job nicely. Ghost is also a great improvement here, simply for the regen ... you will be able to heal up to full with a HP-regen shield (highly recommended btw), while Nim just stands their waiting for you to come out of stealth. The rest is pressing ALT at the right moment and general awareness of where he is.

Also before engaging a group of mobs try to get a read on what kind of mobs there are, which ones to take out first and how to use terrain and your loudout to your advantage ... obviously this isn't really important with scrappers or hellbugs, but with everything else taking an extra breath before firing the first shot will speed things up in the long run. For example - is there high ground that overlooks most of the mission terrain? Are there mobs up there? And how do you yourself get there (e.g. ladders)?

yes, the chat system gimps the MMO bits of this game bad. but it is an awesome game...

They are fixing that ... at least they say they are. And it's quite obvious how it's needed. Badly.

foxsyd
04-07-2013, 01:42 PM
I had a lot of difficulty in a episode quest yesterday, last night. I ran out of ammo, couldn't find anything nearby to refill... Somehow I managed to complete it with no ammo... I swear must of been hours struggling on it, died so many times getting no where.

Sirile
04-07-2013, 02:52 PM
I have to say I agree with you but I also agree in not nerfing the game. I played the beta on the 360 and the fights where chalanging but when it came to playing the actual game. I am finding myself frustrated a lot because these enemies have gotten god like abilities like to rapid fire a lober so you can't get away and it kills you...

I just finished the mission to recue some robot on a peer and when leaving I was confronted by 2 of these Gods with lobbers and they kept killing me over and over and over. I figured out how to beat them but I believe our weapons are gimped compared to the enemies. I always make sure when getting a gun that i look at the dmg and make sure the compastity of the clips are high. Also I use a snipper rifle because no other weapon will give those creeps enough damage to kill them unless you want to spend a life time with them... I have the ranger sniper rifle right now and I use the assault rifle that I got from the episode mission. Both these weapons have been great for me and I have noticed no other weapons come close... But I still die countless times.. I don't know what I am doing.... Also shield seems to help only a little bit but I think it is gimped compared to the enemies... I believe this game is more of a join a clan orientation so for whatever you do you can do with others lol

I will say this it is hard to find others to play with in the game.... Yes they are there but not everybody uses the chat window and not everybody is on your Xbox live account lol so communication is hard when nobody will respond

AgentMytho
04-07-2013, 04:52 PM
My first mission in to Sausalito, it was simple enough, take out some raiders. unfortunately they were fighting some 99'er (lots of them likes some sort of gang war). I accidently agro'd both sides and got flanked. I retreated into a Hellbug nest who were fighting a Wandering Hulk. The hulk agro'd on me too. I ran back through the Raiders and 99'ers until the Hulk took enough random damage to start killing them. Unfortunately he only killed a few, and came back after me.

The whole situation was absolutely ridiculous. I called my ATV and took off, but accidentally slid off an embankment into the water and couldn't runaway anymore. I used a rocky outcropping on my little island as cover and shot the Raiders, 99'ers and Hulk until they all finally died several minutes later (fortunately the Hulk could not charge me on my little island.), and for my troubles, the Hulk dropped a blue weapon.... into the water where I couldn't retrieve it. I eventually managed to make it back to the quest where I turned two handles and left.

chimifry
04-07-2013, 09:10 PM
Here's a few tips.

1. Keep the enemy in front of you. If this means you have to retreat then retreat.
Seriously, you can't shoot backwards and forwards at the same time.
2. Find the biggest baddest dude in the yard. And drop him as quickly as possible.
Obviously take out immediate threats as they come but getting the big dog out of the way makes for an easier fight.
3. You're not invincible.
Find cover and clear all LOS when your shield breaks. Switch to a short ranged weapon just in case an enemy get's ballsy.
4. Use grenades liberally.
Every time your grenade refreshes find the best spot for it and let it rip. With practice you can even start anticipating where to throw it.
5. Use your ego power liberally.
It doesn't matter which one you have really just as long as you know how to use it so it benefits you. I believe there really isn't a "best one".

6. Weapons....Find a medium to long range weapon you like for your Primary
As mentioned above secondary should be short ranged.

7. Have fun.
If this means "going rambo" every now and then. Do it. This is a game and you should treat it as such.

Berzo
04-07-2013, 10:38 PM
Only mission I found to be hard in this game was last mission. And this is problem for me. Everything is quite easy .. 4 man missions are easy even if 3 of them are ******ed, you can solo them alone, just takes more time. This game lacks difficulty in PvE for me.

Scorpio989
04-08-2013, 02:51 AM
1. Be creative with your character build. If your finding a mission hard, respec to better suit the situation that's presented.
2. Be social. This is an MMO, get some of your buddies/clan mates to help you out.
3. Do a different mission. There are hundreds of things to do in the game. Come back later when you feel your ready to take on the challenge.

Insanityplea
04-08-2013, 04:43 AM
1. This game DOES NOT NEED A NERF!
2. Slow down.

If they made this game easy as pie for everyone, you would all be whining "Its too easy, blah blah blah". Suck it up *******.

Now that the anger inside is let out and iv said something thats been building every time I read a post like this...Thats my advice in a nutshell, now for the rambling tl;dr crap I usually end up typing.

Try every new gun you pickup and see if its good for you and your playstyle. Also try the shields. High defense, slow recharge and long recharge delay ARE NOT THE DEVIL. I used them til I found my current shield and build (Ego900+). I was using an Ironclad 2? or something for the longest time. It was a 198 or something and I had it til about 780, switch to another Ironclad 2 because over the EGO levels it had added some more defense points. Find what works for you and your playstyle. Do not worry about modding that new blue/purple you got until you try it out. Dont bother wasting Arkfall Resources on adding mod slots or such..Sell all your crap loot to the merchants and respec, but that new cool shotgun thats on sale. Find yourself, not what people say should be yourself.

I had issues with some missions...mainly ones where you are getting samples and a bunch of hellbug archers popped up and shot from all angles or raiders/99ers/mutants/dark matter spawned from all around. Make loadouts around enemies, not a jack of all trade loadout (though one of those doesnt hurt either). I run 4 loadouts (You have 3 by EGO450? I believe and get #4 at 750) One is purely to work on From the Shadow pursuits, with a semi-auto sniper rifle and a pistol and I can clear almost any mission with that alone...is it ideal for all of them? **** no but I want my skill levels so suffer through it. I run a "**** You" loadout with a pump shotgun (I love it when it works right, but lately seems to be having reloading issues and eating half its ammo) and an SMG that is awesome on the move. I have a Cluster**** loadout with a Mass RL (Fire and detonate for 4 bombs) and a sticky delay GL. These three loadouts are all running
http://defiance-central.com/ego-calculator/?link=12e-32a-42c-51c-52a-56c-57a-58a-62a-68c-72e-78a-84a-85a-86a-87a-95c-&start=72
That perk setup.
Loadout #4 is an LMG and a Pistol with...
http://defiance-central.com/ego-calculator/?link=5c-12e-14a-15a-32a-41c-42c-52a-56c-57a-58a-62a-68c-72e-78a-84a-85a-86a-87a-&start=72
That perk setup

Honestly when it comes down to it, I enjoy Decoy more, but again I am going after a pursuit that requires Cloaked kills so obviously its on more of my loadouts. Cloak also saves me *** a lot but seems to break the most between the two (getting hit really hard just as you activate it sometimes breaks it and it no longer works...lame tbh).

Also, as bad as this sounds and I do not mean to insult people with this...anyone that says "Respec a lot if you need to" >_> no just dont. I respecced twice today because I was having issues with Hotshot: Moonshine Shack and it cost me roughly 17k Scrip. Honestly thats not a massive amount at this stage for me, but its a nice chunk. Respeccing gets insanely expensive as does extraction revive later on.

To sum up. If you are having issues use every type of gun you can get your hands on until you find your "comfort zone" weapons. Then begin from there and slowly try new weapons, test out new things and find those diamonds in the rough. Also remember to try different shields for different things.

Now that the main idea behind this thread is covered...

Im going to bed...probably.

oppi26
04-08-2013, 09:04 AM
You're right, the game doesn't need a nerf. But why are there solo missions in an mmo? Me and my friends are playing together a lot. I have my skills, weapons, and upgrades fitted for support. I'm seriously spending hours grinding ego, money, and resources to upgrade new weapons and by damage perks.
All I want is to be able to group in instances. That's it.

Jammylambo
04-08-2013, 09:07 AM
soloes most the game tbh . not really difficult , just a kiss of keep going . if you struggle with this then tbh having a friend help you wouldnt really help due to it scaling for 2 people and if you are crap at the game yourself your friend will have to do twice the work. practice makes perfect dude so just keep plugging away at it :)

and remember . if in doubt . stop drop and roll!

Zaeed
04-08-2013, 11:03 AM
soloes most the game tbh . not really difficult , just a kiss of keep going . if you struggle with this then tbh having a friend help you wouldnt really help due to it scaling for 2 people and if you are crap at the game yourself your friend will have to do twice the work. practice makes perfect dude so just keep plugging away at it :)

and remember . if in doubt . stop drop and roll!

Why having a friend wouldn't help? I mean yes, it's scaling, but that isn't really a big deal if you have buddy covering your back, reviving you if needed, drawing fire from enemies... And if your friend sucks then atleast he is a distraction for the enemy, like a living decoy. I noticed that everytime there was 1, 2 or more people doing the same mission it was a LOT easier.

cleric1471
04-08-2013, 11:08 AM
solo i pick as many off with a sniper rifle before any of their friends notice, and when the few near the dead body fun i use a automatic weapon and finnish them off, not everything runs at you at once if you do it right and then you just go back and do it again with another small group untill you get to where you need to be.

viperrat
04-08-2013, 11:26 AM
I played kill darkmatter boss and yu half to kill him 3 times I spent 3 hrs and game crashed I had to start all over .I feel u

Arkeus
04-08-2013, 09:27 PM
Yes I am having the same exact issues. It also doesn't help that the enemy never missis a shot even when you roll and can still shoot you from behind walls. The fact that they appear out of thin air pisses me off. I don't mind when they come from under ground or out of doors but thin air thats just stupid.

Zaeed
04-09-2013, 01:57 AM
Yes I am having the same exact issues. It also doesn't help that the enemy never missis a shot even when you roll and can still shoot you from behind walls. The fact that they appear out of thin air pisses me off. I don't mind when they come from under ground or out of doors but thin air thats just stupid.

Hmm...? They definitely do miss their shots when I roll. Dodging really helps you to survive especially when many enemies shoot you. I also never seen them appear from thin air either.:confused:

CFG JUSTICE
04-09-2013, 03:01 AM
This is untrue i have a 99tanker at the end of this one mission with bots that just respawn evrytime i kill them that is completely unbeatable solo,i acyually finally gave up after 3hours of trying to tank him. NO WEAPON I USED PRODUCED ANY DAMAGE IT JUST RESET ANYTIME I DID ANY. Just Sayin.

Zaeed
04-09-2013, 03:07 AM
This is untrue i have a 99tanker at the end of this one mission with bots that just respawn evrytime i kill them that is completely unbeatable solo,i acyually finally gave up after 3hours of trying to tank him. NO WEAPON I USED PRODUCED ANY DAMAGE IT JUST RESET ANYTIME I DID ANY. Just Sayin.

The Ulterior Motives mission or what its called? Just shoot the bots that repair him. Eventually they should stop coming. Worked for me and I did it solo.

Rastan
04-09-2013, 03:28 AM
I'm sorry. I was under the impression a walk in the park didn't involve shooting the smallest enemy in game on the back and not killing him while being shot at by two elites that immediately respawn when killed and grenades coming at you from the boss. But man, I sure as hell am going to quit this game because he is just too tough. Thanks man.
Seriously, you gave me helpful advice on guns to use, there was no need to tell me not to play the game because I'm having trouble on Teach and Nim is tougher. So the hell what? Some people have a tougher time on easier fights for others.

There is a crate. You can jump on it. Look down. All you see is backpack. Win.

Volerus
04-09-2013, 04:02 AM
so far the only one ive had a problem with was jackleg joe but i got a bmg and ***** his face with a lmg+overcharge :D other than that everythings quite easy with a little challenge

Martin84
04-09-2013, 05:30 AM
I found this during beta, but i think it was more about not knowing too much about the game to be honest. I got really stuck on the Radio Shack main missions where you have to protect Cass and im thinking to my self seriously this should be easy, then realised what do you expect your trying to use a sniper rifle in close combat.

So i played around with the loadouts a bit and realised that some missions you really cant do with a sniper rifle and definitely not when solo. So tried for a while with Sniper as my Primary and then an Assault rifle as my secondary when i started and yeah i died a few times being swarmed but was much easier.

I guess though it depends on how you play .. i know some people will say well if you are a sniper and staying in character use a pistol, but hey its your character build it how you want it dont be afraid to experiment... oh and dont be afraid to use your scrip to get a new weapon. Plenty of scrip to be made and you might find things easier.

Memnoch
04-09-2013, 07:05 AM
I have found a couple of missions quite tough but pretty much soloed most of them. Nim by comparison was fairly easy compared to some of the mutant missions. I think most times I have died it was my own fault, not the game to be honest now that I think of it. There are some instances where an enemy can ping away at your shields from a distance and get them quite low and if you haven't noticed some mutant with an assault rifle who has cleverly flanked you he unloads in your back and your health melts in seconds.

The shield I use is 1073/40%/3 secs. It seems like the perfect combo of fast charging, quick restart and enough health to survive a Sniper shot.

Weapon wise I've stuck to Assault Rifles, both Sniper rifles and SMGs. I have tried the others but just haven't found them effective at quickly taking down enemies at range. As others have said a good weapon like a semi auto rifle can take most enemies down at range in two or three hits. I love that you can use cover to block line of site, I just wish there was a pop-over mechanic for cover when going to sights. That would be perfect for me then.

doggirl211
04-09-2013, 08:51 AM
I agree with the OP and others that have replied. I think what some of you don't realize is that the game is not working the same for every player. There absolutely ARE times when mobs appear out of thin air in front of or behind you in areas you've already cleared, where there aren't any obvious "spawn points".

I can sneak into an area and have absolutely NO mobs in sight and nothing on my mini map, take one step from behind cover to get to the next cover, and there will literally be 8-12 mobs appear RIGHT in front of me and I'm dead in seconds. No amount of "getting used to" the game is going to help that. It's not that I'm rushing in and not paying attention, I know this is happening so I'm paying extra close attention and scanning the area before I make any little move at all.

I do all the things that people have suggested, don't stand still, duck and roll, use grenades, use ego power every time its recharged, etc. there are simply problems with the spawn rate/mechanics of mobs in this game when you're solo for SOME players. And whether anyone else likes it or not, this will affect new players enthusiasm for this game if it continues.

Saying "just get better" doesn't help anyone and it certainly doesn't address the issue that some of us are having. I really like this game, and I'm not going to return it for a refund because I've played many many mmo's and I believe the issues will be worked through. But as it stands now, these mechanics simply aren't fun for a percentage of the players.

Rhorge
04-09-2013, 09:18 AM
The only thing that is unbeatable solo is being juggled by explosions. I have done everything solo and it is not that hard with a tactical approach. Don't fight too many enemies at once, find good cover and use the right weapons for the job.

doggirl211
04-09-2013, 10:26 AM
The only thing that is unbeatable solo is being juggled by explosions. I have done everything solo and it is not that hard with a tactical approach. Don't fight too many enemies at once, find good cover and use the right weapons for the job.

This is my point exactly.....how are you supposed to "don't fight too many enemies at once", when you have no control over how many enemies spawn and when/where? Obviously, we all know that you shouldn't fight too many at once, the problem is the game is spawning multiple mobs at a time when some players are solo. I think its also obvious from all the replies I've seen in this and other threads, that this isn't happening to everyone. But the fact remains it IS happening to some of us, so the obvious response of "don't fight too many at once" is sadly useless to those of us that it is happening to.

Old97
04-09-2013, 12:56 PM
I agree that it's the 'cheap deaths' that really piss me off. Enemies do spawn out of thin air all the time. The cleaver mutants are very prone to do this, and they are insanely fast. In fact, many of the enemies show a turbo-boost of speed that is truly amazing.

The other irritating factor is that if you retreat too far, the enemies will run away/de-spawn, or regain all of their health and shields. You have to start over.

Overall, however, the game is not too tough. If you are masochist, try Dark Souls. Dying repeatedly is a hobby in that game.

Malus Ferox
04-09-2013, 01:35 PM
Explain to me how I can use any of these strategies against Teach for Rosa's mission? I've died 5 times and had to start the fight from the beginning. I'm fine till I have to hit the backpack of the Smelters. I'm just getting super frustrated with this one fight.

The easiest thing I found to do in regards to the smelters is stay behind the back most obstacles, more often the enemies won't be going after you. Wait for the smelter to come around, then melee it, and it will be stunned briefly with a perfect shot at its back facing you, so go to aim sight real quick and shoot it. Since you melee'd it it will be right in front of you and when you go to scope all you can really see is it's backpack due to proximity.

Rhorge
04-09-2013, 02:18 PM
This is my point exactly.....how are you supposed to "don't fight too many enemies at once", when you have no control over how many enemies spawn and when/where? Obviously, we all know that you shouldn't fight too many at once, the problem is the game is spawning multiple mobs at a time when some players are solo. I think its also obvious from all the replies I've seen in this and other threads, that this isn't happening to everyone. But the fact remains it IS happening to some of us, so the obvious response of "don't fight too many at once" is sadly useless to those of us that it is happening to.

Snipers and explosives. That's how I dealt with too many enemies: by killing weak mobs before they get a shot off. Setting up proper choke points and always having a plan b helps too.

fang1192
04-09-2013, 04:43 PM

There are CC, AoEs and stuns in this game, i suggest you use those. Flashbangs, Cloak, Pyro Grenades, Bio-grenades, Bio and Pyro Rockets, Decoy, Frags can knock down enemies, Infectors, Detonators, Launchers etc...

rulerhumankind
04-09-2013, 04:57 PM

That one was easy, you need a detonator weapon. When they chase you, shoot in front of them, wait for them to run past, and detonate the charge. It should only take one hit. Then they go running back. The same weapon is good once he jumps down to get you, you keep running and shooting charges. You don't have to watch the ammo too much, since there is no wait time at the ammo refill, so spam away. I also had a machine gun to take down his health and deal with other enemies before he jumps down.

thejx4
04-09-2013, 07:03 PM
When you're down, or in some really deep ****, we should be able to send out a distress call that highlights you on the mini-map of any nearby players, and sends a message to friends/clan mates. Cooldown timer of 20 mins?

Zascha
04-09-2013, 07:18 PM
Some tips:

1. Consider your enemies - some enemies are resistant to certain types of damage (99er's against Fire.) Don't use that damage type against them.

2. Consider your enemy's shields - Do they have them? If they do, your best bet is to take their shields out with either Electrical or Normal Damage Type weapons. Then switch to your other weapon and take out their HP.

3. Switch Loadouts - always have a varied Loadout. You don't want 2 Loadouts with the same sort of weapons happening. For instance, I have 3 Loadouts available.

First load out: Sniper Rifle, Machine Pistol/Rocket Launcher, Decoy, Ego focuses on stationary damage absorption, Large Shield Cap with slow recharge, Bio-Grenades. I use this to initially thin the numbers.

Second Loadout: Pump Shotgun, BMG, Decoy, Ego focuses on Health and Movement, Low Shield Cap with fast recharge, Flash-Grenades. I use this to clean up the rest.

Third Loadout: LMG, Semi-Auto Pistol, Decoy, Ego Focuses on a balance between Stationary Tanking and Movement, Low-Med Shield with fast recharge, Frag or Inferno Grenades. I use this if I get surprised and I am suddenly surrounded by dudes.

Don't be afraid to change to a different Loadout when the situation presents itself. I set mine up like this because it gives me a situational advantage.

4. Don't spread yourself thin with Weapons - Basically, don't use more than one Weapon Type that shares Ammo count. If you want to use an Assault Rifle - go ahead. Just don't put an LMG or an SMG in your loadouts. Concentrate your training so that you will be better able to handle more difficult missions later on.

Currently, I train as Primary Weapons: LMG, Pump Shotgun, and Bolt Action Sniper Rifles
Currently, I train as Secondary Weapons: Pistol, BMG, Rocket Launcher, Detonator (sometimes)

I don't even bother with the rest of the weapon types. Doing this means I am always advancing my skills in my preferred weapon type. You will notice that none of these weapons use the same kind of Ammo. Also, you will notice that each of these weapons has a completely different Tactical playstyle. Some are for Long Range, some are for AoE, some are for up-close-and-personal, some are for general purpose.

5. Shock and Awe - use this mentality at long range. You want to shoot fast and furiously, aiming for headshots as much as possible. Throw your grenade as soon as you are able to. Do not stop shooting.

6. Stick and Move - use this mentality when your initial attack has ended, and you are forced into cover. Switch to your Close Range loadout, and just run-n-gun. You don't have to kill everything in one go. Run out, unload as much ammo as you can, and then get back to cover, somewhere else. Reload. Rinse and repeat.

7. Spam Roll - you should be spamming your Dive Roll button when you are in trouble. They won't hit you during a Dive Roll.

Zaeed
04-10-2013, 01:37 AM

If you think you can't win this fight then retreat and start picking enemies one by one. Use cover such as large objects and block their line of sight so they have to come to you and you only have to fight 1 or 2 enemies at the same time. Watch your minimap so you don't get surrounded and if you are afraid that you retreat too far then usually there should be borders in the minimap where it shows where the mission takes place. It's a lot easier to kill the bad guys when all of them aren't shooting at you. That's what I mean.

Obviously you can't control how many enemies spawn and where but you can control how you fight them. And these things do happen to me too. We are all playing the same game. It is hard when there a lots of enemies spawning but it's not impossible.

I also never seen enemies pop up from thin air or atleast it seems very rare. They usually come from doors, vehicles, underground doors, or helicopters etc or then they were already there. Just like as any shooter: be mindful of your surroundings and watch your minimap. Be mindful where they spawn and usually you can get few multikills from throwing grenade right at their feet.

Also use decoy or cloak these are you best friends if you are having problems with dealing multiple enemies.

Memnoch
04-10-2013, 04:18 AM
I found Teach very easy and beat him on my second try. The first time I got him to quarter health and the client crashed. Even though I logged straight back in it reset my progress to back outside the base. :mad:

To beat him I just let a fire breather attack me then calmly walked behind him and shot him in the backpack a few times with my assault rifle: rinse and repeat. The flames didn't really do a lot of damage and Rosa had agro from the other guys so they didn't bother me too much. I completely ignore the other mutants and concentrated on the fire breathers.

filo death lord
04-10-2013, 10:07 PM
I found Teach very easy and beat him on my second try. The first time I got him to quarter health and the client crashed. Even though I logged straight back in it reset my progress to back outside the base. :mad:

To beat him I just let a fire breather attack me then calmly walked behind him and shot him in the backpack a few times with my assault rifle: rinse and repeat. The flames didn't really do a lot of damage and Rosa had agro from the other guys so they didn't bother me too much. I completely ignore the other mutants and concentrated on the fire breathers.

just wait for the final boss if you are complaining about and/or having problems with the early ones he will wipe the floor with you just a hint you fight him 3 times and the real one is the only one that jumps in the air to attack you. you will know what i mean when you get there

bman
04-10-2013, 10:36 PM
the most extremely hardest mission in the game at the moment is "A bullet to the head " or if thats not the one is the guy name NIM you have to kill 3 times in a row without fail which is stupidly hard and crazy. they need it be groupable the first time around and to take the guys dmg and health down a bit or least tweak him to not be so hard i have tried dodging and everything on that guy different guns and skills and all and still nothing . and i am good and strife to be good or excellent at every game i play via be online or offline i still strife to be best of best which is why i refuse to do last mission til something is done i have literally tried that quest i know close to 500 times or more to only get to part 3 a and either run into problems or something else happens .

JMadFour
04-10-2013, 10:57 PM
Flashbangs work very well for the Smelters in Phase 2 of the Jackleg Joe Teach fight.

wait for the Smelters to rush you, then drop a flashbang right at your feet. it explodes, Smelter suicides, shoot Joe.

finally got to the 3rd phase, and Joe wiped the floor with me. stupid grenade launcher. gonna get back at it in a bit. working with a Pistol and a Mass Cannon, probably gonna switch out for my BMG and see if that helps me out. or maybe try a SMG.

Rhorge
04-11-2013, 02:22 AM
i have tried dodging and everything on that guy different guns and skills and all and still nothing . and i am good and strife to be good or excellent at every game i play via be online or offline i still strife to be best of best which is why i refuse to do last mission til something is done i have literally tried that quest i know close to 500 times or more to only get to part 3 a and either run into problems or something else happens .
Funny, I had no problems killing Nim and I consider myself to be an average gamer at best.

LanceBlaine
04-12-2013, 01:02 PM

This game needs to come out with new mobs or make a level system or something because every enemy in this game has a very tender weak spot and they are so so so easy to destroy... even monarchs.... friggen boss archstones i can beat by myself..... come on, the game is friggen great for gameplay but difficulty factor is a joke if you have good techniques and planning

Blak
04-12-2013, 01:18 PM
Fire grenades cause the enemy to run around and give you free shots at them. They also cause the raiders with the shields to drop them for a second and give you a clear shot.

Flashbangs are also viable to stun.cc lock the enemy in place for a couple seconds letting you unload on them.

Bioguns slow the enemy down ( The blue Toxic logo )

Learn the locations on each enemy that are considered WEAK SPOTS. Dumping all your ammo into a mob that isn't even taking dmg is just wasteful.

TURN ON DAMAGE NUMBERS!!!! <------------------ If you don't have these on then you are missing out on TONS of useful information.

With that one simple feature turned on you can instantly know when you are striking a weak spot on the enemy and for exactly how much. This will also help you figure out what weapons work best for you based on their shooting style and rate of fire.

Even though a shotgun may seem like it does less damage then another gun, the perk of it knocking the enemy to the ground randomly can counter the sheer dmg an rifle can unleash.

When you are faced with an overwhelming enemy count DO NOT stand your ground like Rambo, run like a school girl for better cover and better line of sight on the enemy.

AT TIMES JUST BREAK THE GAME:

.... sometimes people forget they are playing a video game against an AI that is programmed to react to OUR REACTIONS....
You are not fighting some super soldier who was trained in a bootcamp off in a desert, you are fighting an AI programmed by Bob on floor 2.

Don't let BOB BEAT YOU! Most if not all the AI in this game is what I call HUNTER KILL ai, it is designed to pursue you down without concern for it's own safety. The ai will clearly walk out into the open after you if you are out of their line of sight for to long.

BAIT!... you can bait the AI to come out of its cover and force the AI into situations that are in your favor.

WEAPON SYNERGY!... You need to take the time to ensure you have a weapon for both close range combat and long range combat. Nothing worse then being pinned down by Dark Matter snipers .... and all you have in a Pump Shotgun, and a Handgun. ( Not saying you can't take them out with this, just saying it would be nice to do it with a rifle or sniper rifle. )

I could rant longer about what would help.... but I have played shooters long enough to where all of this is second nature, practice practice practice if anything else. And don't let BOB beat you!

Alko
04-12-2013, 01:27 PM
From my point of wiev I faund this game to much solo friendly. Yes you die in this game but self revive and posiblity to run back and finish enemies makes game so easy.