PDA

View Full Version : Friday Live Stream Question Compilation

Pages : 1 [2]

Desidus
03-07-2013, 02:04 PM
Nope, Giant explosion takes place and you go flying back. Your shields may be taken down and your HP hurt but i have never died.

Now while in a car, if your car gets destroy you may come out of it crawling and might need to use the self revive.

Thats a little disappointing... a piece of a ship falls on top of your head from space and explodes and you don't even die from it... apparently our shields and weapons are more powerful than I thought. lol.

Archangel
03-07-2013, 02:10 PM
Thats a little disappointing... a piece of a ship falls on top of your head from space and explodes and you don't even die from it... apparently our shields and weapons are more powerful than I thought. lol.

Would you really want to be waiting for the ark fall to come down then all the sudden be dead? Lets say your self revive is on cool down and your the 1st person to the ark fall. You might have just lost a couple 1,000 scrip because you happened to be standing in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Im happy it does some damage. It keeps it realistic. But we are in a sifi game of shields and suits and what have you. Im not disapointed by it since it happens more often than you would like.

When the major events come to the last crystal and everyone is waiting for it. Often you have 20-30 people racing to the point on the map. Once the 1st person gets there it triggers the 5-6 ark crystals to fall plus the middle boss to show up. All these falling crystals can easily destroy your car and have left me and others on the ground crawling for help. lol

So it may not be as realistic as it could but the alternative would be far more depressing.

IMO :o

Migrayne
03-07-2013, 03:15 PM
happen to be on.

Do you know this for fact or just assuming?

If this is true, then it needs to be changed. Some shards or instances might not have enough people que'ing up for pvp. It will suck to sit for hours waiting for a pvp match just because you got put on the wrong instance.

For a healthy PvP population it needs to pull from all active players online, not just that one instance.

Archangel
03-07-2013, 03:26 PM
Do you know this for fact or just assuming?

If this is true, then it needs to be changed. Some shards or instances might not have enough people que'ing up for pvp. It will suck to sit for hours waiting for a pvp match just because you got put on the wrong instance.

For a healthy PvP population it needs to pull from all active players online, not just that one instance.

Well i want to be able to give you more proof but i'm bound to NDA. :-/

My advice. As you run PVE instances and find people who you liked running with, invite them to be your friend. So you wont have to wait long for a que.

In PVP and you match up with teammates you have fun playing with, invite them to be your friend. This way you wont need to wait long to que up people for pvp or shadow war.

Archangel
03-08-2013, 09:20 AM
Added the Rob Hill interview. Its an older one but it has some really good info for us to enjoy.

Desidus
03-08-2013, 09:24 AM
Would you really want to be waiting for the ark fall to come down then all the sudden be dead? Lets say your self revive is on cool down and your the 1st person to the ark fall. You might have just lost a couple 1,000 scrip because you happened to be standing in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Im happy it does some damage. It keeps it realistic. But we are in a sifi game of shields and suits and what have you. Im not disapointed by it since it happens more often than you would like.

When the major events come to the last crystal and everyone is waiting for it. Often you have 20-30 people racing to the point on the map. Once the 1st person gets there it triggers the 5-6 ark crystals to fall plus the middle boss to show up. All these falling crystals can easily destroy your car and have left me and others on the ground crawling for help. lol

So it may not be as realistic as it could but the alternative would be far more depressing.

IMO :o

Yes I would really like to die... if EGO gave you a heads up that it was incoming that would suffice for me... if your not paying attention because you are in combat well thats your own fault. lol. Like I have said before.. games these days baby us too much.

Archangel
03-08-2013, 09:37 AM
Yes I would really like to die... if EGO gave you a heads up that it was incoming that would suffice for me... if your not paying attention because you are in combat well thats your own fault. lol. Like I have said before.. games these days baby us too much.

Well put (^-^)b

To each their own. Desidus did you catch the video talking about Guild vs Guild open world pvp? Im pretty excited about this one.

Desidus
03-08-2013, 09:46 AM
Well put (^-^)b

To each their own. Desidus did you catch the video talking about Guild vs Guild open world pvp? Im pretty excited about this one.

Yeah I like it and I don't... I like it because I do like the idea of adding controlled PvP to the open world... however I think because it isn't coming out right away but with DLC that I can imagine that clans are going to go through a really rough bit when it gets released. If you're members are split halfway between wanting PvP and not... well things could get ugly.

Archangel
03-08-2013, 10:54 AM
Yeah I like it and I don't... I like it because I do like the idea of adding controlled PvP to the open world... however I think because it isn't coming out right away but with DLC that I can imagine that clans are going to go through a really rough bit when it gets released. If you're members are split halfway between wanting PvP and not... well things could get ugly.

Means those who dont want to participate might have to form their own clan. It would be nice if you could toggle it on or off.

Desidus
03-08-2013, 11:01 AM
Means those who dont want to participate might have to form their own clan. It would be nice if you could toggle it on or off.

Exactly.. and yes that would be a nice solution.

I have a few questions I would like asked at the next live stream. (hoping to ask myself but with kids you never know if I will be able to actually watch.)

Cant seem to get these answered anywhere so I will ask them here and hopefully get an answer at the next live stream:

1. Does Crouching count as standing still or do you have to be fully standing? (for abilities such as 'single minded' and 'fortified stance')

2. a. Does 'rear guard' and 'combat medic' stack when you are healing someone? b. And if it does, does that mean that you can get down to 0 damage anytime you are hit from behind while healing? c. If that is the case then does that mean that you would never get interupted in that situation?

3. 'Failsafe' is only good for one shot, because if you get hit your shields stop recharging. Is this Correct?

4. Is one bar of health equal to 250?

5. Why did you guys decide on such short amounts of duration for your abilities?

6. Does 'sensor sweep' reveal them for good or just for the duration of your decoy? (or until they use the 'cloak' ability again)

7. Does 'sensor sweep' reveal based on the distance from yourself or from your decoy?

8. Does 'Crash Test Dummy' reduce damage from vehicle turrets or just from collision damage?

9. In a vehicle with multiple people, does 'hell on wheels' bonus stack?

10. AND confirmation on the Massively article that said that on launch there would be no social aspects at launch. No clans...

Archangel
03-08-2013, 11:12 AM
Looks like i need to add a new question section. Maybe title it Ego Grid. I'll see about getting these added.

Archangel
03-08-2013, 11:27 AM
Ok Desidus i got them added. (^-^)b

Rarodil
03-08-2013, 11:44 AM
What does PvE 'endgame' content look like? Are Arkfalls and 4 man instances what we can expect to do once we've finished the main quest or are there plans for larger group instances? How are arkfalls different from Rifts?

Archangel
03-08-2013, 11:48 AM
Q: What does PvE 'endgame' content look like?
Q: Are Arkfalls and 4 man instances what we can expect to do once we've finished the main quest or are there plans for larger group instances?
Q: How are arkfalls different from Rifts?

End game is really dependant on your personal preferences. If its side missions, PvP, Co-Op Instances, Shadow War PvP, or Ark Falls. You also have the Ego Grid to grind out. So lots of options

I dont play rift so im not sure.

Rarodil
03-08-2013, 11:55 AM
End game is really dependant on your personal preferences. If its side missions, PvP, Co-Op Instances, Shadow War PvP, or Ark Falls. You also have the Ego Grid to grind out. So lots of options

I dont play rift so im not sure.

Rifts were just 'random' circular regions with waves of enemies. Some bonus loot, but not a whole lot else. Gameplay footage I've seen suggests Ark Falls are very similar. Having played both Rift and Guild Wars 2, I've seen the 'Dynamic Events' (including rifts) almost completely ignored (Rift) and zerged to the point of ease (GW2). The videos imply they scale, but so did GW2's; unless the highest level ones are designed to scale no matter the players in the area, they'll either be ignored because nothing interesting is gained from them or zerged because there is good stuff to be had.

Archangel
03-08-2013, 11:57 AM
If you have watched a few of the stream videos you'll see and hear them discuss the ark falls.

They do scale with more people in the area but can also be solo'd if no one shows up.

Loot scales base on performance.

The more people the better the loot, xp, and scrip

Trialbyfire2969
03-08-2013, 12:49 PM
I don't think this has been asked, this question is realistically not for me because I would probably not fall into the minority but, will there be end game content that a lot of the population may not be able to complete, say 4 man co op, or larger clan mission that provides that special Gun/armor suit/mount that the epeeners will wave in our faces sitting out front of the quest hubs. I only ask because while by definition most wont attain it, it gives you something to try for once the main story line is finished.

I understand this idea is very WoWish but that's my experience with mmo's and while most of what I like about this game is how different it is from Wow and the others that came before, I did enjoy the ability to go on your clan/guild website and post your victory over "insert bad guy here" that other less coordinated guilds/clans could not complete.

Desidus
03-08-2013, 12:52 PM
Ok Desidus i got them added. (^-^)b

Thanks Archangel always knew I could rely on you. ;) lol. Hopefully I will be online when they do it though. we shall see... *plays ominous music*

davidfsu2009
03-08-2013, 12:56 PM
i just found this on the net looks like beta is coming next friday for consoles amazon has leaked it out.
in this page link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_173452227_3?ie=UTF8&docId=1000703623&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=16327XAHSCM0MK7PRT33&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=376881207&pf_rd_i=B00B4QD3YO

Desidus
03-08-2013, 12:58 PM
i just found this on the net looks like beta is coming next friday for consoles amazon has leaked it out.
in this page link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_173452227_3?ie=UTF8&docId=1000703623&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=16327XAHSCM0MK7PRT33&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=376881207&pf_rd_i=B00B4QD3YO

Wow that makes another one... This time its for 4 days long... guess I will need to update my sig again. lol.

StickyChief
03-08-2013, 12:59 PM
Is the Livestream at 4 this week?

Tzar of kaos
03-08-2013, 01:00 PM
Servers on PC worldwide or not? Servers on PS3 worldwide or not? Servers on Xbox 360 worldwide or not? Thanks.

Desidus
03-08-2013, 01:01 PM
Servers on PC worldwide or not? Servers on PS3 worldwide or not? Servers on Xbox 360 worldwide or not? Thanks.

Regional, but you can join into whatever region you want. Can't remember if you can choose on login or if your character is stuck in that region. Anyone remember as I know it was announced...

Desidus
03-08-2013, 01:02 PM
Is the Livestream at 4 this week?

4:30PM PST I believe. Unless you know something I don't.

StickyChief
03-08-2013, 01:04 PM
4:30PM PST I believe. Unless you know something I don't.

Sweet I won't miss it this time! Thanks!

Rokkrwolf
03-08-2013, 01:15 PM
Regional, but you can join into whatever region you want. Can't remember if you can choose on login or if your character is stuck in that region. Anyone remember as I know it was announced...

Characters are locked to the servers so if you switch regions you have to make a new character. As to how we change the servers there's still no word on that. I'm assuming there will be a button or something we can click in the main menu.

Tzar of kaos
03-08-2013, 01:30 PM

This is why i ask,and also for each platform.

Rokkrwolf
03-08-2013, 01:42 PM
This is why i ask,and also for each platform.

It's the same across all platforms.

Tzar of kaos
03-08-2013, 02:01 PM
It's the same across all platforms.

Do you got an official source,please?

Desidus
03-08-2013, 02:03 PM

It was said in one of the live streams though I can't remember which one.

Archangel
03-08-2013, 02:09 PM

Watch i think last weeks live stream or wednesdays live stream and you'll find it.

Also i believe Sledgehammer has answered that one about servers and characters.

Essentially each platform has their own character pool. You can't play a PC character then move it to the xbox to play there. They stick to their platform.

Rokkrwolf
03-08-2013, 02:10 PM

It was said in a a stream and I'm pretty sure Lance or Sledge posted it on here. I wouldn't add it into the faq if it wasn't true or official.

Here is a quote from Sledge on page 5

International Questions:
Q: Are the servers regional, and if so would players be able to join another server(i.e can People from UK play with people from the USA)?

A: Yes the servers are regional, and yes you can join whatever server you would like.

As far as consoles well everything is the same across the platforms except controls and I know they stated we would be able to on consoles.

Archangel
03-08-2013, 02:10 PM
Thank you Desidus and Rokkrwolf for getting to some of these questions while i was gone. Its always helpful to have veterans answer some of the questions.

Tzar of kaos
03-08-2013, 02:41 PM
It was said in a a stream and I'm pretty sure Lance or Sledge posted it on here. I wouldn't add it into the faq if it wasn't true or official.

Cool, and thanks .I didn't know this has been answered.I made a thread a while ago and never saw an official answer. Thanks.

Rokkrwolf
03-08-2013, 02:55 PM
Cool, and thanks .I didn't know this has been answered.I made a thread a while ago and never saw an official answer. Thanks.

Np glad I could help, you can usually find most of these things in the FAQ I keep it as up to date as I can with legit info.

galimim
03-08-2013, 02:56 PM
Q: We know we get an EGO point every 10 levels. What is the point of levels in between?

lPATT
03-08-2013, 03:01 PM
Q.i forgot what time is the live stream at ? xD

Rokkrwolf
03-08-2013, 03:04 PM
Q.i forgot what time is the live stream at ? xD

For Defiance 4:30 PST but it may change, the still haven't started Rift due to unforeseen issues.

Desidus
03-08-2013, 03:06 PM
Q: We know we get an EGO point every 10 levels. What is the point of levels in between?

So you feel like your actually making some progress?

pieofdeath123
03-08-2013, 03:41 PM
How does equipping weapons work are the slots like borderlands or can i only have a primary in the first slot and a secondary in the second.

Archangel
03-08-2013, 03:46 PM

You dont get a point every 10 levels. The Ego score can vary depending on what your completing. Side missions, persuits, story missions, pvp, co-op instance, these all can give you different levels of Ego score. So dont base points off every 10.

I could be wrong but with a ego score of 200 i know i dont have 20 points.

Archangel
03-08-2013, 03:49 PM
How does equipping weapons work are the slots like borderlands or can i only have a primary in the first slot and a secondary in the second.

You have a Primary and a Secondary. You can hold any weapons in any slot. You also can earn up to 5 loadout slots to make quick loadouts with different skills and guns for quick swapping.

Archangel
03-11-2013, 08:03 AM
Fun times during the live stream this last Friday. I have to watch the video to see what questions they got around to answering. I wasn't able to focus because I was to busy running Sledge over and being shot in the back by OverloadUT (Greg).

Thanks guys for a fun time in pvp!

Archangel
03-12-2013, 04:09 PM
Will be seeing you all tomorrow during the live stream. I'll be there if you have questions needing answered. I'll do my best to answer what i know without breaking NDA.

Codex
03-12-2013, 04:14 PM
Will be seeing you all tomorrow during the live stream. I'll be there if you have questions needing answered. I'll do my best to answer what i know without breaking NDA.

Cool. I'll be in there from pretty early on to help out too :)

Big Sig
03-12-2013, 04:23 PM
Do they record all the live streams??? I've only seen a couple on the twitch site. Is there a post with links to them all? I'm new to twitch and haven't really figured it out yet...

Thanks

Codex
03-12-2013, 04:29 PM
if you go to the "videos" tab on the twitch page you can get to all of them. There isn't a direct link.

seronx
03-12-2013, 04:38 PM
http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/347797767
http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/354032208
http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/356094504
http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/358261369
http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/360623124
http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/362997718
http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/365364935
http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/367701656
http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/370191175
http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/372645535
http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/374529963
http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/375378757
http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/375391040
http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/375400013
^all the streams with defiance in them.

Askari
03-13-2013, 01:34 PM
Q: Can you actually show us the salvage matrix next stream?

Q: What weapons can we put a scope on?

Q: Can we equip laser sights to weapons?

Q: is it possible for the decoy to explode?

Q: is it possible to add more mod options to a weapon? for example if a shotgun doesn't have a barrel mod slot is it possible for me to some how add the option by taking it from another weapon and giving it to the shotgun?

Archangel
03-13-2013, 03:00 PM
Q: Can you actually show us the salvage matrix next stream?
A: Good question, i'll add this one (^-^)b

Q: What weapons can we put a scope on?
A: As long as the mod slot is open for a scope you can put one on it. I dont think there are any guns who can't roll a scope slot as we know of.

Q: Can we equip laser sights to weapons?
A: Most sights are all scopes. We haven't seen any red dots or lasers both in stream or in discussion. I would think not at this time... but maybe later in a DLC. Trion is always looking for new things to add if they feel it fits with the game.

Q: is it possible for the decoy to explode?
A: This was covered in one of the videos and yes, it can go boom with the right perks. This may have changed but it was said it could be used to detonate.

Q: is it possible to add more mod options to a weapon? for example if a shotgun doesn't have a barrel mod slot is it possible for me to some how add the option by taking it from another weapon and giving it to the shotgun?
A: Not all weapons can have mods added to them. I dont know whats the driving factor for this, but yes, weapons can have mod slots added to them if they allow it.

Sorry i have been away for a while now. Work has been slammed this week. We have 2 people doing a 4 persons job in tech support and thus no free time for me to update.

I may have to bring my forum work home (^.-)b so thank you all for being so understanding in my absence.

Zammwich
03-13-2013, 03:29 PM
Q: Do weapons/shields ever become bound to a character or are they always tradable?

Q: Will we be encouraged to sell/trade with players? For example I find a rare shotgun but I prefer rifles, will there be an easy way to find someone who is looking for a nice shotgun that I can sell or trade with?(something like an in game hub/area designated for such purposes or for social gatherings or even a chat channel for finding trade partners/potential buyers)

Archangel
03-13-2013, 03:38 PM
Q: Do weapons/shields ever become bound to a character or are they always tradable?

Q: Will we be encouraged to sell/trade with players? For example I find a rare shotgun but I prefer rifles, will there be an easy way to find someone who is looking for a nice shotgun that I can sell or trade with?(something like an in game hub/area designated for such purposes or for social gatherings or even a chat channel for finding trade partners/potential buyers)

Great questions Zammwich,

1. Only things so far that appear to be account bound are quest reward items that show no Ego Score to use. No item with an ego score so far has been seen with account bindings on it.

2. It has been asked and answered before. The in game trading is person to person. No auction house in game to post items or global chat to spam what your sell.

-this doesn't mean Trion wont add a Trade channel to join potentially in the future though. So dont give up hope. My guess most trades will have to be done here on the forums through a trade thread where people can post what they want or are looking for.

Zammwich
03-13-2013, 03:47 PM

1. Only things so far that appear to be account bound are quest reward items that show no Ego Score to use. No item with an ego score so far has been seen with account bindings on it.

2. It has been asked and answered before. The in game trading is person to person. No auction house in game to post items or global chat to spam what your sell.

-this doesn't mean Trion wont add a Trade channel to join potentially in the future though. So dont give up hope. My guess most trades will have to be done here on the forums through a trade thread where people can post what they want or are looking for.

Wow thanks for the quick reply! The lack of binding items is definitely gonna make playing with a group of friends rewarding! I am sure to get all the good sniper rifles bwuahahaha D:< It is somewhat sad to see that there isn't to much initiative to gather for social/economic reasons it seems interaction will be limited to clans/arkfalls/pvp's/people I already know and random chance T_T but I could be wrong! Id love to see the community of this game flourish xD

Guyonbench
03-13-2013, 04:39 PM
Q: Lets say the show get canceled for whatever reason, what happens to the game? How closely is the success of one tied to the other?

Askari
03-13-2013, 06:08 PM
thanks archangel!

Also one more question : Whats is the corrosive element type?

Codex
03-13-2013, 06:13 PM
Q: Lets say the show get canceled for whatever reason, what happens to the game? How closely is the success of one tied to the other?

THey've answered this before. They are tied together, but Trion has a plan if the show doesn't do well the game will keep going.

Rarodil
03-13-2013, 06:19 PM
Game Play Related:
Q: Confirmation on the Massively article that said that on launch there would be no social aspects at launch. No clans...?

Q: Will there be a "hero" or "heroic" type mode for the Co-op instances? If people are unsure as to what that is, it's just a higher difficulty for the areas.

The first question was answered. Massively was misleading, the guild/clans will exist on launch. The second question will not be answered. It has been directly not answered at least twice with a stock response.

Guyonbench
03-13-2013, 06:20 PM
Thanks, sorry about asking something thats already been addressed. I only discovered this game/show yesterday from a commercial while watching faceoff on syfy. I did try the search prior to asking but couldnt find anything. I probably just didn't word my search right. Thanks again.

Archangel
03-14-2013, 11:18 AM
thanks archangel!

Also one more question : Whats is the corrosive element type?

Lance posted a weapons guide and I wish i knew where to find it. Corrosive will cause the enemy to take more damage. Think of it as an effect that reduces your targets armor.

Archangel
03-14-2013, 11:26 AM
The first question was answered. Massively was misleading, the guild/clans will exist on launch. The second question will not be answered. It has been directly not answered at least twice with a stock response.

Thanks Rarodil for catching that. I just copy and past peoples question into the OP so its easier for me to send all of them up the ladder. I'll move the to the answered area. I have yet to get around to updating this. Will get it in today for sure..

Good work looking out (^-^)b

Archangel
03-14-2013, 11:26 AM
Thanks, sorry about asking something thats already been addressed. I only discovered this game/show yesterday from a commercial while watching faceoff on syfy. I did try the search prior to asking but couldnt find anything. I probably just didn't word my search right. Thanks again.

No worries friend. Ask away if you can't find it. We are here to help.

Trialbyfire2969
03-14-2013, 11:27 AM

There is another site scripsandbits that has selling forums already set up

Askari
03-14-2013, 11:27 AM
Lance posted a weapons guide and I wish i knew where to find it. Corrosive will cause the enemy to take more damage. Think of it as an effect that reduces your targets armor.

I thought that was radiation... is radiation an element type?

Manta Dracoon
03-14-2013, 11:40 AM
You know people are gonna ask about the 360... just saying... but that aside I have a few questions:

Q. Can you transfer your xbox character to PC? By logging in on like your friends PC, if he/she has the game on PC.

Q. Is the Infiltrator outfit just a PVP outfit? (rumor I heard just want verification)

Q. Is proximity chat confirmed?

For clans they said you can have rivals and attack them in PVE, want confirmation on that.

Q. banking on previous statement. If you can have rivalries, will you be able to have clan/guild alliances on an in-game menu?

Archangel
03-14-2013, 11:51 AM
I thought that was radiation... is radiation an element type?
I found the link and its in the Answered question list. check the OP for it. I'll try to copy it here.

Q: With the many different weapon elemental types. Can you cover what each does? Also, will certain elemental types have stronger or weaker effects on different enemy types? Like corrosive is strong against scrappers? A: Answers found here. (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?2955-Elemental-Types-and-Info)

wig
03-14-2013, 11:56 AM
will there be any extra details you can put on your character when you start off like:
the odd cyborg eye or robotic limb and a different voice to it, same with with the ego implant's voice like change it to evil mode or lunatic mode.

With vehicles will you be able to mod them with guns and different colours and engines?

with your character skins you earn can you change there appearance and colours: primary is the base coat and secondary is normally the light effects.

Will you be able to buy a room/ storage area and customise it like fallout 3?

Will you be able to make and design your own extra gizmo's and gadget's to help you in battle or in PVP/shadow war?
(like mine's and sentry turret's or healing gadgets)

Archangel
03-14-2013, 12:01 PM
You know people are gonna ask about the 360... just saying... but that aside I have a few questions:

Q. Can you transfer your xbox character to PC? By logging in on like your friends PC, if he/she has the game on PC.

Q. Is the Infiltrator outfit just a PVP outfit? (rumor I heard just want verification)

Q. Is proximity chat confirmed?

For clans they said you can have rivals and attack them in PVE, want confirmation on that.

Q. banking on previous statement. If you can have rivalries, will you be able to have clan/guild alliances on an in-game menu?

Thanks for the heads up. This thread has been here for some time so those who are Xbox can ask questions here if they are related to something that can be answered during the live stream.

That said lets get to your questions shall we (^-^)b

1. No character transers. Even though, lets say you buy the PC and the Xbox version. They are both tied to the same Trion account. This way you get all the ego code perks on your account no matter which platform you decide to play. The no part is each platform is its own entity. So your Xbox players you create stay on your xbox, your PC characters are on your PC. No character shifts from one platform to the next.

2. I haven't had the chance to unlock any of the pvp outfits. They have mentioned in streams before that through PVP you can unlock some pretty sweet outfits. We have seen players running around in live stream with what looks like the PVP outfits. My guess these are from the rewards earned through playing PVP. Im not sure about specific on the infiltrator since they haven't specifically mention it. I'll ad this one to the pvp list. ok?

3. Proximity chat - They have confirmed it in PVP and i believe in shadow wars. But open world PVE does not have proximity chat. Group chat, clan chat are always running and is a lot of fun.

4. The clans and open world clan battles - This was confirmed in an older video by Rob Hill. It wont be there come April 2nd (what he said in the video) but is something they are wanting to have in the DLC. I take this as its coming and will be in the game at some point. What can we look forward to menu's and how will this all work? Only time will tell. We'll ahve to wait to hear about the DLC content when they start promoting it.

Desidus
03-14-2013, 12:01 PM
will there be any extra details you can put on your character when you start off like:
the odd cyborg eye or robotic limb and a different voice to it, same with with the ego implant's voice like change it to evil mode or lunatic mode.

With vehicles will you be able to mod them with guns and different colours and engines?

with your character skins you earn can you change there appearance and colours: primary is the base coat and secondary is normally the light effects.

Will you be able to make and design your own extra gizmo's and gadget's to help you in battle or in PVP/shadow war?

1. The only voice in the game is yours other than maybe cutscenes, so I doubt it will ever be added... but you never know.
2. no clue
3. So far no, outfits are the way you get them apparently... for now.
4. No storage areas at release, rooms we don't know but if there are it will likely be clan based and that stuff won't be added till after the release.
5. design your own.. as in crafting? no crafting to start they have talked about adding it in DLC though. Mods to weapons are the only design additions really.

Archangel
03-14-2013, 12:07 PM

1. Characters in the creation screen have many different features to customize them and make them your own. With that, i have not seen a cyborg eye player running around.... yet (^.-)b Nothing has been mentioned about changing the Ego voice but with that idea it may be something they would look into. I would send that idea directly to Myll_Erik since he is the communty manager and can pass that and other ideas onto the Dev's.

2. There will be vehicles with different colors you can choose and some even with weapons on them. What has been said so far is no modding of vehicles yet, but they are looking into it as something that could come later on. They have discussed vehicles a lot during the streams so i would encourage you to check them out! :-)

"with your character skins you earn can you change there appearance and colors: primary is the base coat and secondary is normally the light effects.

Will you be able to buy a room/ storage area and customize it like fallout 3?

Will you be able to make and design your own extra gizmo's and gadget's to help you in battle or in PVP/shadow war?"

For right now what you earn and find is what it is. They haven't added any inks or dyes to the game to change colors of gear or weapons. Doesn't mean they wont add that in the future so keep watching for it. But come April 2nd. No you wont.

Archangel
03-14-2013, 12:07 PM
Thanks Desidus for helping answer some of these (^-^)b

Much appriciated.

Desidus
03-14-2013, 12:10 PM
Thanks Desidus for helping answer some of these (^-^)b

Much appriciated.

No worries thought I would throw in my two bits. Saw that there were quite a few there.

Archangel
03-14-2013, 12:19 PM
Yes, i finally took time from work to get things updated. Still cleaning up the OP and answering new questions at the same time.

Desidus
03-14-2013, 12:21 PM
Yes, i finally took time from work to get things updated. Still cleaning up the OP and answering new questions at the same time.

Did any of my ego questions get answered yet?

Strontium Dog
03-14-2013, 12:28 PM
Will Auto Aim affect the overall score and therefor loot received in Ark falls?
Will there be an option to turn off Auto Aim on PC?

Archangel
03-14-2013, 12:49 PM
Will Auto Aim affect the overall score and therefor loot received in Ark falls?
Will there be an option to turn off Auto Aim on PC?

Auto aim can be turned off. Nothing has been said that it will effect the score. My guess... it wont. To many people will have it since it is on by default. And if no one knew it was hurting their score then that would be a problem. Its a preference really. You like it on? Or Off? Totally up to you.

Archangel
03-14-2013, 12:50 PM
Did any of my ego questions get answered yet?

Great that you asked this here. I just sent the Ego question like a half hour ago directly to Lance and Sledge. So lets see what turns up. :-)

Sledgehammer70
03-14-2013, 11:05 PM
I have been able to get answers for a handful of the outstanding questions ahead of the Live Stream. I will work to get the rest answered across the board, as soon as I can.

Game Play Related:
Q: Does critical hits increase chance of elemental effects?
A: Nope - crit only adds the crit multi for damage

Ego Related:
Q: 'Failsafe' is only good for one shot, because if you get hit your shields stop recharging. Is this Correct?
A: That is correct.

Q: Is one bar of health equal to 250?
A: From the last time I saw the numbers yes, a bar is equal to 250 health

Q: Why did you guys decide on such short amounts of duration for your abilities?
A: This decision was put into place because it allows us to have perks to increase the frequency of ability use. If you could have used them a ton from the get go, by the time you perk out you'd pretty much have them on 100% of the time.

PVP Questions:
Q: Is the Infiltrator outfit just a PVP outfit? (rumor I heard just want verification)
A: Our PvP outfits can only be equipped in PvP, you cannot equip a PvP outfit in PvE. We did this so people couldn't equip a PvP outfit and then stand in a shadow war and confuse other players.

Q: How does the matching of teams work in pvp? Is it based off your power ranking?
A: We use both power and ELO rating for match making. Shadow War only uses Power Rating. The instanced battlegrounds use both Power Rating and ELO rating in order to match the teams up.

Q: Will there be dynamic PVP events besides the shadow war?
A: We are working on additional Shadow War modes but as of right now any open world PvP will be an extension of the shadow war system.

Dev Questions:
Q: Is there going to be an App for defiance kinda like halo waypoint, where you can see your guild mates?
A: We have spoken of apps like this but as of right now they are not in development, we've been extremely pressed on resources and we've decided to focus on the game itself.

Q: How closely do the writers of the show and the writers for the game work together? Does one of the two group of writers get precedence in decision making or do both teams truly work together?
A: Defiance has been a hand in hand operation from day one, during development we have had their writers in our studio and we've sent some of our devs to theirs as well. We have both given up certain things in order to work with the other side, there are somethings that are very easy to do on film but difficult to do in games and of course it goes the other way.

Desidus
03-14-2013, 11:20 PM
Game Play Related:

Though I believe that there is a perk that increases chance of element on a critical isn't there?

Ego Related:
Q: 'Failsafe' is only good for one shot, because if you get hit your shields stop recharging. Is this Correct?

Thought this was useless, but saw that there are very fast recharge times on some shields... interesting.

Q: Why did you guys decide on such short amounts of duration for your abilities?
A: This decision was put into place because it allows us to have perks to increase the frequency of ability use. If you could have used them a ton from the get go, by the time you perk out you'd pretty much have them on 100% of the time.

Thank you that is an awesome response to a question I really thought I wasn't going to get an answer about.

PVP Questions:
Q: Is the Infiltrator outfit just a PVP outfit? (rumor I heard just want verification)
A: Our PvP outfits can only be equipped in PvP, you cannot equip a PvP outfit in PvE. We did this so people couldn't equip a PvP outfit and then stand in a shadow war and confuse other players.

So how do PvP outfits differ from PvE outfits? Is the difference that obvious? (In the live stream there was a pretty epic outfit one of the guys was wearing, which I thought looked like the PvP outfits.)

Q: How does the matching of teams work in pvp? Is it based off your power ranking?
A: We use both power and ELO rating for match making. Shadow War only uses Power Rating. The instanced battlegrounds use both Power Rating and ELO rating in order to match the teams up.

Group and Guild will be the first priority in match making though correct?

A: We are working on additional Shadow War modes but as of right now any open world PvP will be an extension of the shadow war system.

Dev Questions:
Q: Is there going to be an App for defiance kinda like halo waypoint, where you can see your guild mates?
A: We have spoken of apps like this but as of right now they are not in development, we've been extremely pressed on resources and we've decided to focus on the game itself.

Good choice. :D

Q: How closely do the writers of the show and the writers for the game work together? Does one of the two group of writers get precedence in decision making or do both teams truly work together?
A: Defiance has been a hand in hand operation from day one, during development we have had their writers in our studio and we've sent some of our devs to theirs as well. We have both given up certain things in order to work with the other side, there are somethings that are very easy to do on film but difficult to do in games and of course it goes the other way.[/QUOTE]

Looking forward to both, thanks for answering all these questions of our Sledgehammer!
and a thanks to Archangel as well... our semi-official go between guy.

Vuule
03-15-2013, 04:23 AM
Question for todays Livestream.

Q: What happens with mission rewards when your inventory is full.

D351
03-15-2013, 05:54 AM
PVP Questions:

Is that a yes to the actual question? Is the Infintrator one of these PvP-only outfits?

abrownbear9108
03-15-2013, 07:26 AM
been meaning to search/ask about it for a while, and i havent seen anything about it, but is there a fall damage system in place? or will there be zero fall damage? and by this i mean, will jumping off the roof of a building or ejecting out of your car whilst boost jumping off a cliff cause you to take 'x' amount of damage?

Edit: will you be able to bring this up on the live stream for others who may be wanting to know

Rarodil
03-15-2013, 08:10 AM
Do we know what order they're doing them in today (is it always the same order?)? I feel like it should be readily available somewhere, but can't find it.

Akkibenben
03-15-2013, 08:25 AM
been meaning to search/ask about it for a while, and i havent seen anything about it, but is there a fall damage system in place? or will there be zero fall damage? and by this i mean, will jumping off the roof of a building or ejecting out of your car whilst boost jumping off a cliff cause you to take 'x' amount of damage?

Edit: will you be able to bring this up on the live stream for others who may be wanting to know

They said in last wednesdays live stream there is absolutely no fall damage.

abrownbear9108
03-15-2013, 08:33 AM
They said in last wednesdays live stream there is absolutely no fall damage.

ahhk, dont think i finished watching all of that one, thanks for the response :)

Archangel
03-15-2013, 08:40 AM
I have been able to get answers for a handful of the outstanding questions ahead of the Live Stream. I will work to get the rest answered across the board, as soon as I can.

Game Play Related:

Ego Related:

PVP Questions:

Dev Questions:

A: Defiance has been a hand in hand operation from day one, during development we have had their writers in our studio and we've sent some of our devs to theirs as well. We have both given up certain things in order to work with the other side, there are somethings that are very easy to do on film but difficult to do in games and of course it goes the other way.

Dude Sledge you rock. Thank you so much. I'll get these added right away.

Archangel
03-15-2013, 09:03 AM
Is that a yes to the actual question? Is the Infintrator one of these PvP-only outfits?

If the Infiltrator is a PVP outfit then it can only be used in pvp.

Archangel
03-15-2013, 09:04 AM

Since we have seen Greg in live stream jump off insane cliffs. There is no fall damage in game.

Archangel
03-15-2013, 09:04 AM
Do we know what order they're doing them in today (is it always the same order?)? I feel like it should be readily available somewhere, but can't find it.

Rift, Warface, Defiance.

If you watch the previous live streams they all follow this.

Archangel
03-15-2013, 09:06 AM
Vuule I got your question added.

We have updated answers by Sledgehammer!

Check out the OP to this thread and see what new things we discovered!

Sledgehammer70
03-15-2013, 11:12 AM
I have a few more...

Game Play Related:
Q: Does each pellet of a shotgun create a chance to have the element go off? Could you in theory hit a bunch of people with an element in one shot?
A: Yes, each pellet has a chance.

Ego Related:
Q: Does Crouching count as standing still or do you have to be fully standing? (for abilities such as 'single minded' and 'fortified stance')
A: “Crouching still” (if that’s a real thing) counts as “standing still”. Our team is rewording the description as we can see how that’s confusing.

Q: Does 'rear guard' and 'combat medic' stack when you are healing someone? b. And if it does, does that mean that you can get down to 0 damage anytime you are hit from behind while healing? c. If that is the case then does that mean that you would never get interrupted in that situation?
A: Yes, they stack and you won’t take damage. If you take those perks you can be the designated reviver.

Q: Does 'sensor sweep' reveal them for good or just for the duration of your decoy? (or until they use the 'cloak' ability again)
A: At the moment you activate Decoy, it turns off the cloak of enemies in the area. They have to wait for the power to refresh to use it again.

Q: Does 'sensor sweep' reveal based on the distance from yourself or from your decoy?
A: You, but since it happens the moment the power is activated it‘s pretty much the same thing as if it was from the decoy

Q: Does 'Crash Test Dummy' reduce damage from vehicle turrets or just from collision damage?
A: Just collision.

Q: In a vehicle with multiple people, does 'hell on wheels' bonus stack?
A: Yes

Dev Questions:
Q: Do you know if they have multi-screen support in this game? Or 3d?
A: Defiance will not support multi-screen setups nor will it support 3D tech at this time.

Archangel
03-15-2013, 11:16 AM
I have a few more...

Game Play Related:
Q: Does each pellet of a shotgun create a chance to have the element go off? Could you in theory hit a bunch of people with an element in one shot?
A: Yes, each pellet has a chance.

Ego Related:
Q: Does Crouching count as standing still or do you have to be fully standing? (for abilities such as 'single minded' and 'fortified stance')
A: “Crouching still” (if that’s a real thing) counts as “standing still”. Our team is rewording the description as we can see how that’s confusing.

Q: Does 'rear guard' and 'combat medic' stack when you are healing someone? b. And if it does, does that mean that you can get down to 0 damage anytime you are hit from behind while healing? c. If that is the case then does that mean that you would never get interrupted in that situation?
A: Yes, they stack and you won’t take damage. If you take those perks you can be the designated reviver.

Q: Does 'sensor sweep' reveal them for good or just for the duration of your decoy? (or until they use the 'cloak' ability again)
A: At the moment you activate Decoy, it turns off the cloak of enemies in the area. They have to wait for the power to refresh to use it again.

Q: Does 'sensor sweep' reveal based on the distance from yourself or from your decoy?
A: You, but since it happens the moment the power is activated it‘s pretty much the same thing as if it was from the decoy

Q: Does 'Crash Test Dummy' reduce damage from vehicle turrets or just from collision damage?
A: Just collision.

Q: In a vehicle with multiple people, does 'hell on wheels' bonus stack?
A: Yes

Dev Questions:
Q: Do you know if they have multi-screen support in this game? Or 3d?
A: Defiance will not support multi-screen setups nor will it support 3D tech at this time.

Dude, your on FIRE!

Thats HOT!

OK, time for more work for me then. But i like this work (^.-)b

StickyChief
03-15-2013, 12:45 PM
Can you dual wield any pistols? Pretty important to me. ;)

Voso
03-16-2013, 09:41 PM

It is not. We saw OverloadUT try it on in the live stream so it is a regular PvE outfit.

Archangel
03-18-2013, 08:59 AM
Can you dual wield any pistols? Pretty important to me. ;)

No duel wield weapons yet.. But they could always find a way to sneak some in on a DLC if they think they could design it.

Archangel
03-18-2013, 09:01 AM
It is not. We saw OverloadUT try it on in the live stream so it is a regular PvE outfit.

Did we see Greg open his character menu and show it off? Or did he actually equip it and started running around with in in the PVE world?

IO'll rewatch the live stream but if its said to be PVP, then this doesn't mean we can't see and equip it for our pvp characters.

In the game menu you have your co-op character and pvp character. There is a button you click on to switch between the two views. You can customize your pvp gear and outfits while your in the pve world. But you wont be able to run around in it.

So i'll check on this to find out.

Archangel
03-18-2013, 10:24 AM

So it looks like the Ark Infiltrator is available for pve. :-) checked the video and it looks sweet!

0_d4RK_FaLLen
03-18-2013, 10:36 AM
Did we see Greg open his character menu and show it off? Or did he actually equip it and started running around with in in the PVE world?

IO'll rewatch the live stream but if its said to be PVP, then this doesn't mean we can't see and equip it for our pvp characters.

In the game menu you have your co-op character and pvp character. There is a button you click on to switch between the two views. You can customize your pvp gear and outfits while your in the pve world. But you wont be able to run around in it.

So i'll check on this to find out.

The one Greg loaded was a version of the preorder outfit. They gave him wrong one so we didn't see the red one, but they did say/show that outfit type in open world

Archangel
03-18-2013, 10:43 AM
The one Greg loaded was a version of the preorder outfit. They gave him wrong one so we didn't see the red one, but they did say/show that outfit type in open world

Aye, i just got finished watching the live stream TONS of great questions answered. One of the better live streams for questions.

I just updated the questions on the OP and some of the answers so check it out (^-^)b

Paladin
03-18-2013, 10:28 PM
Will armor be color customizable and if not, will it be?

Paladin
03-19-2013, 04:59 PM
Bumpity bump

StLLT
03-19-2013, 05:22 PM
Q: How will the Arkfall codes transfer over to our gamertag(s) if the e-mail account isn't connected to our gamertag(s)?

Archangel
03-20-2013, 09:59 AM
Will armor be color customizable and if not, will it be?

There are no dyes yet implimented in Defiance. The color of the armor is hard set to what it will be. This doesn't mean Trion wont open this up in the future.

But come April 2nd. You get what you get as far as color goes. This is the same for vehicles. They come in different colors but you can't change the color of the vehicle. If its red, its red.

Archangel
03-20-2013, 10:00 AM
Q: How will the Arkfall codes transfer over to our gamertag(s) if the e-mail account isn't connected to our gamertag(s)?

The account you login as to enter your ark fall codes can be tied to your PS3, Xbox, or PC.

Lets say you buy the game for all 3 platforms. You can link all 3 to the same Trion login and get the benefits from the ark fall codes on all 3 platforms.

How you link your different consoles to the Trion account is something i dont know about. But i bet there is info about it somewhere.

Archangel
03-21-2013, 08:38 AM
Good questions on the forums today. Seeing a lot of threads being created.

If you have some questions. Check out the first page of this thread. You may find a lot of your questions already answered.

(^-^)b

Moosealini
03-23-2013, 02:36 PM
Ok, now that the NDA has been lifted for the beta stuff, my question for the next stream is.

What exactly is synergy and how does it work?

And the next question is, Can I have some free bits? I really like how they worked in the beta.
and I know free bits ain't happening

Archangel
03-25-2013, 08:28 AM
Ok, now that the NDA has been lifted for the beta stuff, my question for the next stream is.

What exactly is synergy and how does it work?

And the next question is, Can I have some free bits? I really like how they worked in the beta.
and I know free bits ain't happening

Hey there Moosealini. I'll get this added to the front page and will update.

Archangel
03-25-2013, 08:43 AM
Thread has been updated with a few questions answered and some new ones added. Check it out! (^_^)v

OOO
04-03-2013, 08:20 AM
Q: The Defiance Wiki is an awesome place to find all sorts of information about the show and especially about the game. When can we expect more game related updates to the wiki? There's a lot of great answers coming from this thread that could make there way in if they haven't already :)

TrueSpeeda
04-04-2013, 09:30 PM
Q: Will you add a way to tell when your perks are active or not?

Blackwolfe
04-05-2013, 08:53 AM
Are there any plans on improving the current UI for the pc version to make it more userfriendly?

JBo796
04-05-2013, 09:11 AM
Can I craft my own outfits?

misjuff
04-06-2013, 07:37 AM
dunno but your better off asking if thats ok with chuck dont you think?

Q: there planning on releasing loads of content? will some most or all be at expense?

well I got that season pass thing so I am ready for more stuff. they are gonna add lots more content as the SHOW progresses and reveils new area's from what I understand. Can't wait

Archangel
04-08-2013, 03:38 PM
Q: The Defiance Wiki is an awesome place to find all sorts of information about the show and especially about the game. When can we expect more game related updates to the wiki? There's a lot of great answers coming from this thread that could make there way in if they haven't already :)

Since the wiki page is something i believe anyone can add to. I haven't found the time between family and work and playing the game (^.-) to transfer any of these to the wiki.

I encourage people though if they do wiki updates to use the resources here to post some of these helpful answers to the wiki for others to enjoy.

Very encouraging (^-^)b

Archangel
04-08-2013, 03:39 PM
Q: Will you add a way to tell when your perks are active or not?

You know your perks are active when you see the (E) in the top left corner indicating you have it equiped.

If your talking about timed perks that reduce damage for 3 seconds after you kill someone. That is something i can see being added in the future but nothing as far as release.

I would bring this suggestion up in the suggestion thread which is fairly new. I will have to grab the link for it and add it to this threads OP possibly.

Archangel
04-08-2013, 04:01 PM
Are there any plans on improving the current UI for the pc version to make it more user friendly?

I believe Trion is always looking for ways to improve upon their game. If you could be more specific and maybe create a thread within the suggestion thread you may find a response to your suggestion. I added the link to such a thread within my sig. check it out.

Archangel
04-08-2013, 04:01 PM
Can I craft my own outfits?

No outfit crafting at this time JBo796.

Archangel
04-08-2013, 04:02 PM
well I got that season pass thing so I am ready for more stuff. they are gonna add lots more content as the SHOW progresses and reveils new area's from what I understand. Can't wait

Me too. Wife and I both bought the DLC season pass. Can't wait!