PDA

View Full Version : Friday Live Stream Question Compilation

Pages : [1] 2

Archangel
02-13-2013, 03:02 PM
I thought I would start getting peoples questions put together in one location for people to ask during the Friday Trion Worlds Livestream Extravaganza Spectacular!

Rob Hill Interview - 10:36 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-oF_0lIqpm8)
http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds

Join us this Friday as we kick off an EXCLUSIVE Defiance Live Stream! This week we sit down actor Grant Bowler, star of Syfy’s upcoming Defiance TV series and go hands on within Grant’s character Nolan in our Defiance PC Beta. We will also host a live Q&A with Grant to answer both your Game and TV show questions.

Make sure to follow us at www.twitch.tv/trionworlds (http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds) to get notified when we go Live!

When: Friday, March 22nd @ 3:00PM PT
Where: www.twitch.tv/trionworlds

Have a question about Defiance you would like answered during our Live Stream? Post them below!

^This thread can be found Here. (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?2755-Defiance-Live-Stream-3-1-2013-10-30am)

Below I will keep track of questions that we the community may want to ask during the stream. Post them here! While I work at my job I can also keep this thread up to date in hopes to streamline as many questions as we can.

I am also going to rely on some of you veterans to maybe answer the questions before they go to stream. Answers to most common questions and to some of the live stream can also be found Here (^-^)b. (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?2775-Compiled-List-of-Frequently-Asked-Questions) Special thanks to Rokkrwolf for keeping the FAQ up to date with questions answered from all over.

Example of how to ask a question:
Q: Do weapons have a fixed number of times they can level up? Or can you increase a weapons level indefinitely?

Questions in red were answered during the Live Stream. Link to the video archive can be found here Video Archive (^-^)b (http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/367701656).

Answered: 02/11/2013 - 02/15/2013 Live Stream

Q: Does forming a group or party increase your loot drop rates? or quality of loot that drops?
Q: What sort of specifics can the dev's go into about vehicle customization?
Q: there planning on releasing loads of content? will some most or all be at expense?
Q: Will there be standardized PvP gear in order to ensure competitive PvP (->Guild Wars/ normal Shooters); or will will PvP-players be forces to grind PvE for Equip (->WoW) ? (Answered by Bee. Thanks Bee.)
Q: Is there going to be some kind of storage, similar to "banks" of fantasy mmos, where we can store things we want to keep but not carry around?
Q: Is there any snow type areas on the map?
Q: Is there a new game+? Once you finish the main story can you restart it with the same character?
Q: How many characters can you make or is there just the one?
Q: Can a Arkfall occur in a Shadow War zone?
Q: Will the stats of weapons be fixed or randomized?

Answered: 02/18/2013 - 02/22/2013 Live Stream -Jump to 3:39:00 for start of questions.

Q: Are there any rewards for being in a group? XP? Scrip? Loot? A: Yes, the more people the better - provided by Rokkrwolf
Q: Is there a limit to the number of people who can join the Shadow Wars? A: 96 by Rokkrwolf Thanks Rokkr
Q: How will they be set up ie US EU? A: EU and US will have seperate dedicated servers. Answer was during IGN stream which you can watch in my sig below.
Q: Will there ever be a chance that we may see our character in the TV show? A: there will be a contest during the first season of the show where one lucky persons toon will enter the show in the second season. - Moosealini found this. TY
Q: How many servers will the consoles have? A: See FAQ guide Here (^-^)b (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?1869-Compiled-List-of-Frequently-Asked-Questions).
Q: Can you explain what the authenticator will be all about? A: Added security for your account when you log in.
Q: How many different weapon manufacturers are there? A: No different manufacturers. But different weapon types are in the game.
Q: How many times can you level any single weapon? A: 3:40 video; Its a lot.
Q: Can you survive a infector shot? As in a teammate can shoot it off ect? A: 3:40 on video; Yes you can survive an infector shot.
Q: What are some of the PVP goals we can look forward to if we decide to play PVP extensively? A: Loot, Expirence, Ranks

Answered: 02/25/2013 - 03/01/2013 Live Stream

Answers by Sledgehammer70:

Q: Can you show the purchasable weapon upgrades (Clips, Suppressors etc.) and how to add them to a weapon within the game?
A: I will see if we can show that off in an upcoming video.
Q: If you played Defiance on the Xbox, can you switch over to PC or PS3 and still have your Stats, Characters, Weapons etc.?
A: No, we will not support cross platform accounts or play. Your character, progression and stats will only be available for the platform your playing on.
Q: Well as we all know there are separate "Shards" on a server to help separate the players for server load etc. So exactly how many shards are there on a server or how do the mechanics work for it? Which brings up another question of is there a possible way to switch "shards" to join your friends/clans?
A: The servers will favor your groups and friends over random people. In all I don’t have a ton of detail to provide around this as the team is working on the many aspects this question covers as we speak.
Q: How many servers will the consoles have?
A: A ton! As the game gets more and more people we will add more and more servers. Keep in mind most of these servers are already prepped to be flipped on as the player base grows.
Q: When the game comes out will the Alpha still be running to test DLC/Patches or does it end with the games release..?
A: I would assume it will go offline at launch, but there is a good chance we will kick it back on for new content testing etc… but most of that is unknown at this time.
Q: How would the Devs. be active among its fans game wise?.
A: The Devs will be playing the game under their own user handles. We have plans for 'play with developers' events etc. all in the works.

Gameplay Related:
Q: Is there an update on the maximum number of members in a guild? What is necessary to start a guild?
A: Currently Alpha does not have a 'Clan' cap, but that doesn't mean the team will not cap it in the long run. To start a 'Clan' you need a EGO rating for 50 and 5,000 scrip.
Q: How long in-game time does it take to go from day to night?
A: Roughly 2 hours currently, not entirely sure it will stay that way.
Q: Do weapon proficiency carry over to a new weapon of the same type?
A: Yes
Q: As a group leader will you have abilities to set primary targets so people can assist in focus fire. Or set primary and secondary targets for party members to focus on?
A: Not currently, but as always we are looking for more and more ways to keep improving upon Defiance.

PVP Questions:
Q. Can you summon the cerberus in the open world while questing or it only in shadow wars or instance?
A: It is currently only available in Shadow Wars. But... the game has a ton of vehicles you haven't seen yet.
Q: What happens if too many people quit right before Shadow War ends?
A: The system will scale up based on the amount of players currently participating within that Shadow War. If a bunch of people leave the amount of capture points will remain the same.
Q: Can you cover the different PVP maps, how many players on each 4x4, 8x8, 16x16?
A: Our massive co-op battles take place in different parts of the game world. Depending how many users/players join will determine the size of the event. 15v15 will start with 2 capture/ defend points and it will scale up as more players join.

International Questions:
Q: Are the servers regional, and if so would players be able to join another server(i.e can People from UK play with people from the USA)?
A: Yes the servers are regional, and yes you can join whatever server you would like

Thank you to Sledge for answering all of the above question! His responses can be found on Page 12 #116 & Page 17 #164

Answered: 03/04/2013 - 03/08/2013 Live Stream

Q: With the many different weapon elemental types. Can you cover what each does? Also, will certain elemental types have stronger or weaker effects on different enemy types? Like corrosive is strong against scrappers? A: Elemental Answers Here. (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?2955-Elemental-Types-and-Info)
Q: Confirmation on the Massively article that said that on launch there would be no social aspects at launch. No clans...? A: Clans will be in game come launch.
Q: Will there be a "hero" or "heroic" type mode for the Co-op instances? If people are unsure as to what that is, it's just a higher difficulty for the areas. A: Not at this time but it doesn't mean it can't show up later in DLC. (^-^)b
Q: As (GM)Guild Master what can his/her do with clan?(make ranks?) A: We heard that ranks in clans will be something we'll be seeing in Defiance. Woot!
Q: Do sniper rifles have a higher chance to cause elementals to cause their effect? or do machine guns have a much better chance due to their high rate of fire? A: We dont know what % is the chance to nano a target with the weapons. They seem to all start off equally. There are skills which can increase the elemental or nano effects so it procs more often, that we do know.
Q: Are there elements that only the enemies have? A: If they have it we have it (^-^)b

Answered: 03/11/2013 - 03/15/2013 Live Stream

Answers by Sledgehammer70:

Game Play Related:
Q: Does critical hits increase chance of elemental effects?
A: Nope - crit only adds the crit multi for damage
Q: Does each pellet of a shotgun create a chance to have the element go off? Could you in theory hit a bunch of people with an element in one shot?
A: Yes, each pellet has a chance.

Ego Related:
Q: 'Failsafe' is only good for one shot, because if you get hit your shields stop recharging. Is this Correct?
A: That is correct.
Q: Is one bar of health equal to 250?
A: From the last time I saw the numbers yes, a bar is equal to 250 health
Q: Why did you guys decide on such short amounts of duration for your abilities?
A: This decision was put into place because it allows us to have perks to increase the frequency of ability use. If you could have used them a ton from the get go, by the time you perk out you'd pretty much have them on 100% of the time.
Q: Does Crouching count as standing still or do you have to be fully standing? (for abilities such as 'single minded' and 'fortified stance')
A: “Crouching still” (if that’s a real thing) counts as “standing still”. Our team is rewording the description as we can see how that’s confusing.
Q: Does 'rear guard' and 'combat medic' stack when you are healing someone? b. And if it does, does that mean that you can get down to 0 damage anytime you are hit from behind while healing? c. If that is the case then does that mean that you would never get interrupted in that situation?
A: Yes, they stack and you won’t take damage. If you take those perks you can be the designated reviver.
Q: Does 'sensor sweep' reveal them for good or just for the duration of your decoy? (or until they use the 'cloak' ability again)
A: At the moment you activate Decoy, it turns off the cloak of enemies in the area. They have to wait for the power to refresh to use it again.
Q: Does 'sensor sweep' reveal based on the distance from yourself or from your decoy?
A: You, but since it happens the moment the power is activated it‘s pretty much the same thing as if it was from the decoy
Q: Does 'Crash Test Dummy' reduce damage from vehicle turrets or just from collision damage?
A: Just collision.
Q: In a vehicle with multiple people, does 'hell on wheels' bonus stack?

PVP Questions:
Q: Is the Infiltrator outfit just a PVP outfit? (rumor I heard just want verification)
A: Our PvP outfits can only be equipped in PvP, you cannot equip a PvP outfit in PvE. We did this so people couldn't equip a PvP outfit and then stand in a shadow war and confuse other players.
Q: How does the matching of teams work in pvp? Is it based off your power ranking?
A: We use both power and ELO rating for match making. Shadow War only uses Power Rating. The instanced battlegrounds use both Power Rating and ELO rating in order to match the teams up.
Q: Will there be dynamic PVP events besides the shadow war?
A: We are working on additional Shadow War modes but as of right now any open world PvP will be an extension of the shadow war system.

Dev Questions:
Q: Is there going to be an App for defiance kinda like halo waypoint, where you can see your guild mates?
A: We have spoken of apps like this but as of right now they are not in development, we've been extremely pressed on resources and we've decided to focus on the game itself.
Q: How closely do the writers of the show and the writers for the game work together? Does one of the two group of writers get precedence in decision making or do both teams truly work together?
A: Defiance has been a hand in hand operation from day one, during development we have had their writers in our studio and we've sent some of our devs to theirs as well. We have both given up certain things in order to work with the other side, there are somethings that are very easy to do on film but difficult to do in games and of course it goes the other way.
Q: Do you know if they have multi-screen support in this game? Or 3d?
A: Defiance will not support multi-screen setups nor will it support 3D tech at this time

Thank you to Sledge for answering all of the above question! His responses can be found on Page 33 #327 and Page 34 #340

Answered: 03/18/2013 - 03/22/2013

Q: What happens with mission rewards when your inventory is full.
A: The items go into the bit shop where they can be recovered if your inventory is full once you complete the quest/missions.

This weeks stream was a special one. We had Rob Hill and Grant Bowler live!
Check it out and see Sledgehammer work his magic and answer a bunch of question which were brought up during the live stream.

Update 03/25/2013 - 03/29/2013

With a new week starting this means a new week of us collecting question that we would like to have possibly answered for this weeks up coming Friday live stream. I am going to try to change the questions that were answered this last week here to red so we know which are still left open.

If you find a new one post it in this thread. I'll be sure to add it.

Game Play Related:
Q: What exactly is synergy and how does it work?
Q: Can you link items in chat to view stats and share with people?
Q: Is rain present in the game ?

Ego Related:

PVP Questions:

International Questions:

Dev Questions:
Q: Is there is an Armory or API features being developed for the game?
Q: Are there any plans to create and sale a lore compendium in the future? Perhaps after Season 1 of the show?

MilkyWhites
02-13-2013, 05:34 PM
Q: Will there ever be an in game trading system/ Auction house?

Q: Will there be dynamic special events? (Example: Say a major event happens in the show. Like a giant arkfall or something. Will this be translated into the game world in a way other than just more frequent arkfalls or loot pick ups)

SeroRamai
02-14-2013, 12:21 PM
Q: Will there ever be a chance that we may see our character in the TV show?

Q: Will there be motorcycles?

Q: How much wood can a hellbug chuck if a hellbug could chuck wood?

Dead_Phoenix
02-14-2013, 12:25 PM

dunno but your better off asking if thats ok with chuck dont you think?

Q: there planning on releasing loads of content? will some most or all be at expense?

Sdric
02-14-2013, 12:30 PM
Q: Will there be standardized PvP gear in order to ensure competitive PvP (->Guild Wars/ normal Shooters); or will will PvP-players be forces to grind PvE for Equip (->WoW) ?

Bee
02-14-2013, 12:33 PM
Q: Will there be standardized PvP gear in order to ensure competitive PvP (->Guild Wars/ normal Shooters); or will will PvP-players be forces to grind PvE for Equip (->WoW) ?

They said their well be gear you can only get from doing pvp, and it will help you in pvp. :3

Sdric
02-14-2013, 12:37 PM
Yea, but they also said that'll mostly be about special appearance.
They didn't say anything about the level of power.
For example: In a certain popular MMO there also was PvP gear, yet a grinded PvE gear would give you the upper hand over it.

ClericBob
02-14-2013, 12:44 PM
[QUOTE=Q: Will there be dynamic special events? (Example: Say a major event happens in the show. Like a giant arkfall or something. Will this be translated into the game world in a way other than just more frequent arkfalls or loot pick ups)[/QUOTE]

On the DICE video they talked about a plague appearing in the show and becoming a week long event in the game. I'm not sure if this was just an example of something that "could" happen or something that "will" happen. So I would say "yes" to that Q.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkxEFNKdu1M

Bee
02-14-2013, 12:44 PM
Yea, but they also said that'll mostly be about special appearance.
They didn't say anything about the level of power.
For example: In a certain popular MMO there also was PvP gear, yet a grinded PvE gear would give you the upper hand over it.
Dcuo? I hated that, but I dont think it will matter all that much, I believe that the pvp will just serve some looks purpose to show you are an awesome pvper. Have you played Mabinogi? I think it will be similar to that in many aspects such as that. Where the gear you have won't matter but how you use it will.

purpletiger6
02-14-2013, 12:46 PM
Q: Will there ever be a colour scheme for outfit's so as to make ourselfs more individual but better then dc's 3 colour choice setup.
Q: will there ever be more then just the US to explore as the rest of the world must look just like the rest of the America...?
Q: Can you slow the vehicle's down as it makes the game feel to small at the moment...? ( I know the beta/alpha map is only a small part but just feels small to me).

Archangel
02-14-2013, 12:58 PM
Q: Will there ever be an in game trading system/ Auction house?

Q: Will there be dynamic special events? (Example: Say a major event happens in the show. Like a giant arkfall or something. Will this be translated into the game world in a way other than just more frequent arkfalls or loot pick ups)

1. Yes, you can trade, and during one of the friday events they mentioned that at this time, no AH has been in place.
2. Yes, events from the show may start events in the game.
3. Unknown good one to add.

Archangel
02-14-2013, 01:03 PM
Q: Will there ever be a colour scheme for outfit's so as to make ourselfs more individual but better then dc's 3 colour choice setup.
Q: will there ever be more then just the US to explore as the rest of the world must look just like the rest of the America...?
Q: Can you slow the vehicle's down as it makes the game feel to small at the moment...? ( I know the beta/alpha map is only a small part but just feels small to me).

1. I believe what you get for vehicles is what you get. We wont be able to change the colors at this time but it was something they were considering in the future. I am not an employee but i do remember them mentioning this in a previous video.
2. I believe the game takes place in the Bay area alone. But who knows if they release expansions that could branch out to other places. I bet come release though it will only be in the bay area.
3. This question would be something to post in beta forums as its a request and not something i would see them being able to answer on the stream.

But thank you for coming up with some good ones.

Rikochet
02-14-2013, 01:11 PM
Q: What is the JUSTICE Trion pre-order weapon?

Archangel
02-14-2013, 03:27 PM
Q: What is the JUSTICE Trion pre-order weapon?

They may not be able to give spoilers on the pro-order items until the NDA is lifted. But i will add this question to the list.

Rikochet
02-14-2013, 07:24 PM
That may be, but it is a customers right to know what they are paying for. If I pay for something called "JUSTICE" it is ironically only right I know what it is before I pay for it!

Q: Is there going to be some kind of storage, similar to "banks" of fantasy mmos, where we can store things we want to keep but not carry around?

Archangel
02-15-2013, 11:21 AM
That may be, but it is a customers right to know what they are paying for. If I pay for something called "JUSTICE" it is ironically only right I know what it is before I pay for it!

added your question.

Letus
02-15-2013, 11:50 AM
I thought we'd seen a pic for the Justice somewhere .. in these forums .. but I can't find it now, everything else but.

purpletiger6
02-15-2013, 01:17 PM
Q: When the game comes out will the Alpha still be running to test DLC/Patches or does it end with the games release..?

Archangel
02-15-2013, 01:17 PM

good question i will add it.

Rokkrwolf
02-15-2013, 01:28 PM
What is the max amount of inventory space?
How many different weapon manufacturers are there?
Is there any snow type areas on the map?
Is there a new game+? Once you finish the main story can you restart it with the same character?
How many characters can you make or is there just the one?
Can you survive a infector shot? As in a teammate can shoot it off ect?
Can a Arkfall occur in a Shadow War zone?
Will the stats of weapons be fixed or randomized?
What is the despawn time before loot disappears?

^ Here's a few

Archangel
02-15-2013, 01:30 PM
What is the max amount of inventory space?
How many different weapon manufacturers are there?
Is there any snow type areas on the map?
Is there a new game+? Once you finish the main story can you restart it with the same character?
How many characters can you make or is there just the one?
Can you survive a infector shot? As in a teammate can shoot it off ect?
Can a Arkfall occur in a Shadow War zone?
Will the stats of weapons be fixed or randomized?
What is the despawn time before loot disappears?

^ Here's a few

i will get them added.

Letus
02-15-2013, 01:32 PM
How do the bonus inventory slots add up .. we see a +2 and a +4 on the Ego training, and a +5 in pre-order perks, is that a total of 11 or 9 ?

Archangel
02-15-2013, 01:40 PM
How do the bonus inventory slots add up .. we see a +2 and a +4 on the Ego training, and a +5 in pre-order perks, is that a total of 11 or 9 ?

would think 11

on top of what you get form the start thats a huge increase.

Archangel
02-15-2013, 06:42 PM
Thanks Lance for bringing these questions to the live stream!

SlimItalian
02-15-2013, 06:54 PM
Thanks guys, really awesome of you to let us ask questions and see monsters get destroyed, can't wait till April.

Archangel
02-18-2013, 10:17 AM
Updated the thread. Things you'll see different.

I highlighted the questions that were answered during the live stream.

I also linked that weeks video at the end of the questions for that week.

I will be adding new questions down below leading up to the up and coming live stream on 02/22/2013.

See you there!

Archangel
02-18-2013, 10:59 AM
Adding some questions to this weeks stream

Q: Are there any rewards for being in a group? XP? Scrip? Loot?
Q: How many times can you level any single weapon?
Q: As a group leader will you have abilities to set primary targets so people can assist in focus fire. Or set primary and secondary targets for party members to focus on?

As this weeks stream may include more PVP, im going to ask some questions with regards to pvp.

Q: How does the matching of teams work in pvp? Is it based off your power ranking?
Q: What are some of the PVP goals we can look forward to if we decide to play PVP extensively?
Q: Will there be dynamic PVP events besides the shadow war?
Q: Can you cover the different PVP maps, how many players on each 4x4, 8x8, 16x16?
Q: Is there a limit to the number of people who can join the Shadow Wars?

Archangel
02-18-2013, 03:24 PM
Q: With the many different weapon elemental types. Can you cover what each does? Also, will certain elemental types have stronger or weaker effects on different enemy types? Like corrosive is strong against scrappers?

Archangel
02-20-2013, 08:25 AM
Q: Can you explain what the authenticator will be all about?

Rokkrwolf
02-20-2013, 12:37 PM

^ For this I asked Myll_Erik if we can give a response regarding it but atm it's still under NDA.

As far as these (I will answer to what we have as public info)-

Q: Are there any rewards for being in a group? XP? Scrip? Loot? Short answer, Yes. The more players in the group or more players in a area, the better the rewards you will earn.
Q: Is there a limit to the number of people who can join the Shadow Wars? Max players is 96.

Archangel
02-20-2013, 04:35 PM
^ For this I asked Myll_Erik if we can give a response regarding it but atm it's still under NDA.

As far as these (I will answer to what we have as public info)-

Q: Are there any rewards for being in a group? XP? Scrip? Loot? Short answer, Yes. The more players in the group or more players in a area, the better the rewards you will earn.
Q: Is there a limit to the number of people who can join the Shadow Wars? Max players is 96.

Thanks Rokkrwolf, i'll update those questions and answers in the OP.

Rokkrwolf
02-20-2013, 04:38 PM
Thanks Rokkrwolf, i'll update those questions and answers in the OP.

Well those are the short answers provided :p I can go more indepth Im sure with the stuff we have but they will also be added in the FAQ I'm rewatching the last stream from twitch to make sure I get details answers for the ones in the thread.

Archangel
02-20-2013, 04:40 PM
Well those are the short answers provided :p I can go more indepth Im sure with the stuff we have but they will also be added in the FAQ I'm rewatching the last stream from twitch to make sure I get details answers for the ones in the thread.

yeah i had to rewatch it to make sure i highlighted them as answered.

Archangel
02-21-2013, 08:41 AM
change has been made. Update as of this morning.

Chuck Zitto
02-21-2013, 09:01 AM
Any chance at all for totally open world pvp like rift had where if like your a defiant faction and saw a guardian faction farming some mobs you could attack them. Or is all pvp gonna make you queue up for a battleground aka minigame.

Dayrec
02-21-2013, 09:22 AM
How many servers will the consoles have?
How will they be set up ie US EU?

Rokkrwolf
02-21-2013, 09:32 AM
How many servers will the consoles have?
How will they be set up ie US EU?

I think I may have answered this for you in the FAQ.

Archangel
02-21-2013, 09:51 AM

I'll check the FAQ, if they are there I can mark them answered. I really should link your FAQ thread to the OP.

Will you be adding what is answered to the FAQ? If so i can clean up the OP a bit and move questions answered to their own group with a link to the FAQ and have questions not answered in their own group for livestream.

Rokkrwolf
02-21-2013, 10:23 AM
I'll check the FAQ, if they are there I can mark them answered. I really should link your FAQ thread to the OP.

Will you be adding what is answered to the FAQ? If so i can clean up the OP a bit and move questions answered to their own group with a link to the FAQ and have questions not answered in their own group for livestream.

It should be anyway for the most part, I sent primus the stuff but last I heard he was sick so he hasn't been on yet.

Archangel
02-21-2013, 10:29 AM
It should be anyway for the most part, I sent primus the stuff but last I heard he was sick so he hasn't been on yet.

dang! thats to bad for Primus.

I updated the OP to be a bit cleaned up. I carried questions that went unanswered into this weeks pool so it will be a simple copy and spam to Sledge *smiles maniacally* MuwHaHaHaHa!

Thanks Rokkrwolf.

Dayrec, i'll add those to this thread as well if you can't find the answer in the FAQ.

Archangel
02-21-2013, 10:35 AM
Ok its updated and cleaned up.

Moosealini
02-21-2013, 10:46 AM

This was answered in the comi con panel. The dev said there will be a contest during the first season of the show where one lucky persons toon will enter the show in the second season. http://www.gamespot.com/defiance/videos/defiance-panel-comic-con-2012-6387130/ at the 41 min mark

D351
02-21-2013, 11:30 AM
Q: Can we haz coadz nau?

Archangel
02-21-2013, 11:43 AM

This was answered in the comi con panel. The dev said there will be a contest during the first season of the show where one lucky persons toon will enter the show in the second season. http://www.gamespot.com/defiance/videos/defiance-panel-comic-con-2012-6387130/ at the 41 min mark

Thank you Moose for finding that. I will move it to the answered list with your name. Great work!

Archangel
02-21-2013, 11:44 AM
Q: Can we haz coadz nau?

That would qualify as a frequently asked question lol.

Soon.

how about that :-)

Moosealini
02-21-2013, 01:18 PM
You are very welcome, I watched that entire video hoping for a code to pop up. That was one of the things that got me even more rabid for the game to come out. I just hope that they will get the player to play their toon instead of just a random actor.

Dekar
02-21-2013, 01:21 PM
I just hope that they will get the player to play their toon instead of just a random actor.
now THAT would be too difficult. Expect at BEST, they get an actor that looks like and is dressed like the character, and the refer to them by the character name. No chance (that i can imagine) of them flying you out to play your toon.

Archangel
02-21-2013, 01:44 PM
My guess is they would just have an actor/actress show up and will go by the name of your character. They will pick what they look like and maybe base it slightly off your character model.

Or it could be a roll where, like an away team member from Star Trek your character is there for a raid and just gets killed off real quick. lol

That would be hilarious!

Archangel
02-21-2013, 02:00 PM
Tied down in meetings till the end of my day. So if more questions come, i'll make sure to post them come tomorrow before stream.

So exciting!

Dayrec
02-21-2013, 02:14 PM

Yes you did and I thank you for that but angel asked me to write that down before you answered it

Rokkrwolf
02-21-2013, 02:21 PM
Yes you did and I thank you for that but angel asked me to write that down before you answered it

I know, I just didn't know if you saw so I mentioned it.

Also Arch - Q: How many servers will the consoles have?

My answered I gave in the FAQ is for both PC and Console, it was actually taken from the IGN XBOX video.

I might be able to answer a few others on the list as well. I will keep you updated if I have them.

Archangel
02-21-2013, 02:24 PM
I know, I just didn't know if you saw so I mentioned it.

Also Arch - Q: How many servers will the consoles have?

My answered I gave in the FAQ is for both PC and Console, it was actually taken from the IGN XBOX video.

I might be able to answer a few others on the list as well. I will keep you updated if I have them.

ok i'll move it to the answered list. And thank you for reminding me to create a link to your thread of FAQ.

Sorry in meetings from 1:30 till 4:00 lol so I might not get to it right away. My apologies

Murdurus
02-21-2013, 06:37 PM
I apologize if these questions have already been answered but I looked around and haven't seen it asked nor answered.

1.) What does end-game content look like, if any?

2.) Since there is no level system per se, how is difficulty determined? For example, can I join a co-op dungeon or raid the moment I leave the tutorial zone? If not, what is stopping me from doing so?

Rokkrwolf
02-21-2013, 06:50 PM
I apologize if these questions have already been answered but I looked around and haven't seen it asked nor answered.

1.) What does end-game content look like, if any?

2.) Since there is no level system per se, how is difficulty determined? For example, can I join a co-op dungeon or raid the moment I leave the tutorial zone? If not, what is stopping me from doing so?

1. NDA can't answer that

2. Basically, yes.

Archangel
02-22-2013, 09:03 AM
Good morning Defiance fans!

It is Friday. The day is here for live stream!

I will be sending the list of questions we have already to the folks who need them. Lets all support our Trion streamers and all watch the stream to see if they answer our questions.

I'll be in there all day so stop by and say hello. (^-^)

Mr666
02-22-2013, 10:13 AM
1. How many people can be in a clan?
2. We servers region locked?
3. Do you have to make different charterers for NA and UK server if there is not region lock?
4. What kind of things can you do if your in clan?
5. What is the PvP progression system look or is like?
6. Whats the PvP armor and weapons look like?

Archangel
02-22-2013, 11:01 AM
1. How many people can be in a clan?
2. We servers region locked?
3. Do you have to make different charterers for NA and UK server if there is not region lock?
4. What kind of things can you do if your in clan?
5. What is the PvP progression system look or is like?
6. Whats the PvP armor and weapons look like?

1. They said in the IGN video at least 50, but its not set in stone.
2/3. I think regions are unlocked but they highly encourage us to stay with where we are do to latency i believe. again, this is not offical word but only what i can recall being mentioned during streams or the ign video.
4. IGN covered this a bit, clan gets clan chat, you'll be able to see when they log in and you can be in a clan voice chat or text chat. Also clans can do clan buffs. But groups or even individuals can also do this so its not a benefit only clans get.
5/6. NDA they have not brought up the full story. This weeks stream is supposed to focus on pvp a bit more. Servers depending (^-^)b

Moosealini
02-22-2013, 11:07 AM

If it's anything like other MMO's then it will be a security check to prevent hackers from gaining access to your account and stealing your stuff.

I have an authenticator attached to my WOW account. can't log in with just a password and account name, it gives a random multi-digit password that is only usable for about 2 min then it changes to a different number and the last one is no longer usable for that account.

Rokkrwolf
02-22-2013, 11:10 AM
1. They said in the IGN video at least 50, but its not set in stone.
2/3. I think regions are unlocked but they highly encourage us to stay with where we are do to latency i believe. again, this is not offical word but only what i can recall being mentioned during streams or the ign video.
4. IGN covered this a bit, clan gets clan chat, you'll be able to see when they log in and you can be in a clan voice chat or text chat. Also clans can do clan buffs. But groups or even individuals can also do this so its not a benefit only clans get.
5/6. NDA they have not brought up the full story. This weeks stream is supposed to focus on pvp a bit more. Servers depending (^-^)b

^ These pretty much, in QA format -

Q: Will there be separate servers for separate regions and will other regions be able to access them?
A: There will be several servers for different regions, however you maybe able to play on other regions servers still TDB.

As far as making separate characters to the different regions well seeing as they will be separate I think it's safe to assume, yes you will need to make separate characters.

Q: What functions do clans have and what is the max players allowed in a clan?
A: You will be able to monitor when clanmates are on, make a clan channel to communicate through voice or chat. As far as max players it is still TBD, but at least 50.

If it's anything like other MMO's then it will be a security check to prevent hackers from gaining access to your account and stealing your stuff.

I have an authenticator attached to my WOW account. can't log in with just a password and account name, it gives a random multi-digit password that is only usable for about 2 min then it changes to a different number and the last one is no longer usable for that account.

I didn't answer this due to NDA ect but it is pretty obvious, I did ask Lace if I could answer it publicly and he was ok with it so a more detailed explanation is here -

A: The purpose of the Authenticator (Either as a Key Fob, iOS App, or Android App) is to add a second line of defense to your account. There have been allot of breaches as of late and many of those have leaked passwords. Many many many people do not have good passwords, combined with the use of e-mail as an account name, many mmo's see hackers using lists of e-mails with known, stolen, passwords with some variation to either get into the account.

An authenticator negates that as even if they have the right password...they will not have the right authentication key. And that in turn protects your account. (The detailed answer was provided by SyberSmoke)

Archangel
02-22-2013, 11:13 AM
Good morning Rokkrwolf.

I forwarded this weeks questions onto Sledge and Lance. So im hoping they get to the stream today.

I'm already in chat on stream kicking it.

Moosealini
02-22-2013, 11:35 AM
Rokk I thought I answered it pretty well. and I am not in any beta, or alpha for this game so I do not have the NDA attached to myself yet.

But your explanation is more indepth than the one I provided.

Sledgehammer70
02-22-2013, 11:50 AM
I'll see what questions we can have Lance answer today.

Archangel
02-22-2013, 12:13 PM
I'll see what questions we can have Lance answer today.

Thanks sledge you da man!

Rokkrwolf
02-22-2013, 12:41 PM
Here's another good question -

Well as we all know there are separate "Shards" on a server to help separate the players for server load ect. So exactly how many shards are there on a server or how do the mechanics work for it? Which brings up another question of is there a possible way to switch "shards" to join your friends/clans?

Duskguy
02-22-2013, 01:38 PM
Will there be a way to change the color scheme of clothes to personalize them? May have been asked with different wording already.
For example : i set up a helmet to be black while a friend with the same helmet can make it red. Either through items such as dyes, or simply other ways to change and/ or get a different color of the same clothing.

So i suppose it should be Q. Can we personalize/find the same item(helmets/clothing) in different colors(black blue red, etc)?

Archangel
02-22-2013, 01:42 PM
Will there be a way to change the color scheme of clothes to personalize them? May have been asked with different wording already.
For example : i set up a helmet to be black while a friend with the same helmet can make it red. Either through items such as dyes, or simply other ways to change and/ or get a different color of the same clothing.

So i suppose it should be Q. Can we personalize/find the same item(helmets/clothing) in different colors(black blue red, etc)?

i think the cloths as of now are set. There are different versions i think but that is under NDA.

I think they just have outfits and they are the color they are. doesn't mean that wont change later on though.

Duskguy
02-22-2013, 05:07 PM
i think the cloths as of now are set. There are different versions i think but that is under NDA.

I think they just have outfits and they are the color they are. doesn't mean that wont change later on though.

really.... hope that changes, or is at least looked at if you're right

Archangel
02-22-2013, 06:41 PM
Thank you GREG, AMARY, LANCE and SLEDGE for the stream. Great as always.

Updates will be posted soon(tm)

Maelstrom
02-22-2013, 06:42 PM
This was great fun! Nice chatting with a bunch of you! (Was MaskedRogue there)

QUIT KILLING CUTE FLUTTERING CREATURES ARCH!

:P

Desidus
02-22-2013, 07:54 PM

I think they are more into chucking people than wood...

Archangel
02-25-2013, 10:20 AM
Update 02/25/2013 - 03/01/2013

With a new week starting this means a new week of us collecting question that we would like to have possibly answered for this weeks up coming Friday live stream. I am going to try to change the questions that were answered this last week here to red so we know which are still left open.

If you find a new one post it in this thread. I'll be sure to add it.

UC xVADERx
02-25-2013, 10:25 AM
Please try and touch on international game play capabilities!
I'm here in the states and play with a lot of people from Australia and NZ and would really hate to not be able to play with them.. js

MOnte
02-25-2013, 10:40 AM
End game content. I know that you can have 5000 "level" and at different power levels you open up new content and they don't expect many people to hit that ever, what would you need for the current end game content? 500? 1000? 2000?

Chirimo
02-25-2013, 10:45 AM
Here are some questions people asked me before.

How many players can be in one guild in Defiance?

What really drove Trion to make Defiance?

How would 120 codes be released before launch on 04/2/13?

Will there be a Bank and a Storage where players would be able to deposit money and Items?

Will there be an Auction House where players would be able to sell their items, weapons, etc. to other players?

Are the servers regional, and if so would players be able to join another server(i.e can People from UK play with people from the USA)?

Are there In-Game collectibles to find(i.e Intel from COD or Cog Tags from Gears Of War)?

How would a player find new weapons, is it ONLY accessible via Shops and Quests or can you also get them via PvP?

How big is the world of defiance, and will it expand even further?

The ECO grid looks small, will it expand?

Will you hold contests to determine how new cars, weapons, or even shields would work?

Will there be new emotes?

How many clan options are there in-game?

How many Chat options are there in-game?

How would the Devs. be active among its fans game wise?.

Archangel
02-25-2013, 12:00 PM
Please try and touch on international game play capabilities!
I'm here in the states and play with a lot of people from Australia and NZ and would really hate to not be able to play with them.. js

Could you post a specific question for me to post? That way they have a clear question that they may be able to answer.

I'll do my best to get it added.

Chirimo
02-25-2013, 12:03 PM
Could you post a specific question for me to post? That way they have a clear question that they may be able to answer.

I'll do my best to get it added.

I think he means is there a way to change regional servers so that you can play with your friends from across the world?

Archangel
02-25-2013, 12:14 PM

I'll do my best to answer some of these as i believe they have been answered in the past. Remember, im not an offical source so its only from video streams and other places like Rokkrwolfs FAQ that answers can be found. But lets give it a go.

A: At least 50, no set number given yet. This was on stream 2 weeks ago.

A: Might be worth asking in chat for this week. My guess is a hodgepodge of different things.

A: If they answered this we wouldn't have to look for them (^.-)b

Will there be a Bank and a Storage where players would be able to deposit money and Items?
A: No bank storage at this point in time. Not to say that this may be added in later in the game.

Will there be an Auction House where players would be able to sell their items, weapons, etc. to other players?
A: No AH for selling and trading but there is a vender to buy outfits, vehicles and other items from Trion using real life currency.

Are the servers regional, and if so would players be able to join another server(i.e can People from UK play with people from the USA)?
A: Servers are regional, but there hasn't been a definitive answer to yes we can play with our UK friends or no, you can not. I may add an international catagory for people outside the US so these questions can be seen more easily.

Are there In-Game collectibles to find(i.e Intel from COD or Cog Tags from Gears Of War)?
A: Outfits, Titles, Vehicles will be your collection type items. But whos to say that there could be more. They have some big dreams for Defiance and plan to make changes to the game over a long period of time. Something we all can look forward to!

How would a player find new weapons, is it ONLY accessible via Shops and Quests or can you also get them via PvP?
A: Weapons can drop from random mobs, dynamic events like Ark falls and Shadow wars, quests, missions, instances. There will be pvp rewards for playing. We dont know exactly what, but there will be rewards.

A: Has been mentioned before, there is no set square kilometer that has been verified but the game is big. VERY big.

The ECO grid looks small, will it expand?
A: They have not said no to this, but with new DLC and purchasable DLC and an ever expanding game and story. We can safely predict that the Ego grid has the potential to grow. Come release i think what it is at will stay that way for some time.

Will you hold contests to determine how new cars, weapons, or even shields would work?
A: A contest has been brought up which they talked about getting your character a cameo appearance in the show. But nothing more about cars, weapons, etc.

A: Coming soon. They are looking into adding more emotes to better communicate with your fellow players. But nothing concrete at this time.

How many clan options are there in-game?

A: you have basic area chat, group chat, clan chat, and private messages.

How would the Devs. be active among its fans game wise?.
A: I like this question and will add it to this weeks list(^-^)b

Archangel
02-25-2013, 12:16 PM
I think he means is there a way to change regional servers so that you can play with your friends from across the world?

Dont remember if they have brought it up but i can try to look for it in the FAQ thread.

Chirimo
02-25-2013, 12:26 PM
Archangel I would love to thank you for answering these questions, and for your contribution in the forums. You have been a HUGE help and I speak for everyone by saying thank you. Keep up the great work and ill try to find more questions that people have! =)

UC xVADERx
02-25-2013, 12:34 PM

This is pretty much what I mean.
A buddy of mine from New Zealand actually introduced me to the game last year. And most of my guild mates would be from Australia.. So, I'd be pretty bummed if there was no way that we could ever play together.

So, basically: Will there be different "worlds" or servers that we can choose to play on?
Maybe add certain worlds to your favorites or something of the like.

Rokkrwolf
02-25-2013, 12:38 PM

-What functions do guild have and what is the max players allowed in a guild? You will be able to monitor when guildmates are on, make a guild channel to communicate through voice or chat. As far as max players it is still TBD, but at least 50.

A: Currently as it stands no, they are looking at one possibly post launch but seeing as their is technically no upper limit to inventory size it may not be needed. TLDR; TBD.

I thought I had a answer here lying around. Anyways I think the best answer to give is it is still TBD.

Q: Will there be separate servers for separate regions and will other regions be able to access them?
A: There will be several servers for different regions, however you maybe able to play on other regions servers still TDB.

Short answer, yes. But I won't go into details because of NDA.

Well you can find weapons in a number of different ways. Some are quest rewards, others are random drops, and you can purchase them in the stores. As far as pvp specific weapons I'm not sure the best answer to that.

I'm not really quite sure a answer to this nor would the community managers give a definitive answer. The common response is it is quite large(as for km ect they don't know) and they will indeed be expanding the world/adding new content as the show and game progress.

The EGO* grid looks small, will it expand?
It might look small but it is indeed very large, and there are levels to each perk you can choose from. So it will take quite awhile to obtain them all and level them all up. As far as expanding there is no plans set in stone but expect anything. TLDR;TBD

Short answer, yes. See the FAQ (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?1869-Compiled-List-of-Frequently-Asked-Questions) for the list

How many guild* options are there in-game?
^ Probably should read the other guild question I answered.

You have several different chat options which they showed throughout several videos here and there. There are Guild, Team, Group, Area, and Whispers.

How would the Devs. be active among its fans game wise?

I made your questions in bold and the questions asked previous/answered or best answered in red text.

The ones I left out are probably best answered by a community manager or dev.

Chirimo
02-25-2013, 12:39 PM
Hold up I think I have to watch IGN's Video again because I could've sworn they said something about that.

Chirimo
02-25-2013, 12:42 PM
Thank you Rokkrwolf!

Archangel
02-25-2013, 12:49 PM
Archangel I would love to thank you for answering these questions, and for your contribution in the forums. You have been a HUGE help and I speak for everyone by saying thank you. Keep up the great work and ill try to find more questions that people have! =)

Thanks Chirimo (^-^)b I do what i can while at work. I am happy to help.

Archangel
02-25-2013, 12:50 PM
Thanks Rokkrwolf for also helping with those answers. I just go from my memory but you do an excelent job at providing sources to the questions Appreciate it (^-^)b

Chirimo
02-25-2013, 12:54 PM
Got to respect the NDA rules too, not too many people on Forums follow it, but like I said in a different post"They have gave us the opportunity to play in betas and alphas, the least we can do is follow the NDA rules."

Chirimo
02-25-2013, 01:09 PM
Ahh here is an interesting question that someone asked I don't know if y'all seen it.

If you played Defiance on the Xbox, can you switch over to PC or PS3 and still have your Stats, Characters, Weapons etc.?

Moosealini
02-25-2013, 01:39 PM
Would they be willing to show the purchasable weapon upgrades (Clips, Suppressors etc.) and how to add them to a weapon within the game?

As per your request Archangel

Archangel
02-25-2013, 01:43 PM
Would they be willing to show the purchasable weapon upgrades (Clips, Suppressors etc.) and how to add them to a weapon within the game?

As per your request Archangel

Thanks Moosealini i'll add it in.

Also good question Chirimo. I'll get it in as well.

Edit:

Ok they are up. Good questions.

Rokkrwolf
02-25-2013, 01:48 PM
Thanks Moosealini i'll add it in.

Also good question Chirimo. I'll get it in as well.

Edit:

Ok they are up. Good questions.

I think Moosealini is more of a request for the devs to show them off than a question :p But all the same decent question since they haven't shown it really.

Smitch
02-25-2013, 01:50 PM
Something I already asked last Friday but more a reminder for Lance...

Show off the Preorder/Collectors/Ultimate edition outfits/weapons/shinies etc in game. :D

Rokkrwolf
02-25-2013, 01:53 PM
Something I already asked last Friday but more a reminder for Lance...

Show off the Preorder/Collectors/Ultimate edition outfits/weapons/shinies etc in game. :D

Well he said they were going to show off the UE outfit next week so that's something to look forward too.

Also Arch add these to the list -

Q: Is there going to be an App for defiance kinda like halo waypoint, where you can see your guild mates?

Smitch
02-25-2013, 01:58 PM
Well he said they were going to show off the UE outfit next week so that's something to look forward too.

Yeah I was the one who asked that. >.< Just wanted to remind. I know how easy it is to forget things from a week ago. :)

Chirimo
02-25-2013, 02:06 PM
Some people asked me:

What Kind of Guild Boosts are there??

Are Tattoos Pre-made, or can you customize them??

Archangel
02-25-2013, 02:06 PM

Also Arch add these to the list -

Done and done. Got them both.

I too will be looking forward to this weeks stream so we can have a look at some of the nice perks we'll be seeing for ordering the Deluxe and UE editions of Defiance.

Archangel
02-25-2013, 02:08 PM
Some people asked me:

What Kind of Guild Boosts are there??

Are Tattoos Pre-made, or can you customize them??

They mentioned boost a bit but im not sure how much is under NDA? All i know is there is a way you can spend real money in game to give you, your party, or your guild a % boost for things like but not limited to:

XP
Loot
Script
Luck

But they have not covered these other than briefly mentioning they do exist.

Tattoo's can be unlocked and during the creation of your character there are pre made ones you can choose.

Chirimo
02-25-2013, 02:12 PM
They mentioned boost a bit but im not sure how much is under NDA? All i know is there is a way you can spend real money in game to give you, your party, or your guild a % boost for things like but not limited to:

XP
Loot
Script
Luck

But they have not covered these other than briefly mentioning they do exist.

Tattoo's can be unlocked and during the creation of your character there are pre made ones you can choose.

Can you make Custom Tattoo's though??

Datahead
02-25-2013, 02:19 PM
Q: Are archfalls going to work similar to Rift in that they grow in intensity the longer they go? Can a minor archfall eventually evolve into a major archfall?

Q: Will there be co-op racing where you can do timed races between multiple people at the same time?

Archangel
02-25-2013, 02:48 PM
Can you make Custom Tattoo's though??

I would think not. But who knows what they'll unlock for people in the future. Trion is a company that plans to make Defiance an ever evolving game. This is very exciting for us as fans because we wont have to wait 6 months or a year before we get a change made.

Archangel
02-25-2013, 02:51 PM
Q: Are archfalls going to work similar to Rift in that they grow in intensity the longer they go? Can a minor archfall eventually evolve into a major archfall?

Q: Will there be co-op racing where you can do timed races between multiple people at the same time?

The Ark falls have a time limit. Its actually the opposite it seems from Rift. The longer they go unattended eventually they just vanish. But for no one person to show up for the 20 minute timer would just seem to unlikely.

There is racing where you can compare your time to your friends but nothing where you race at the same time. Now maybe you both can do a timed trial at the same time but i dont think you'll be able to see them while your racing.

Would be fun to create an amazing race type mini-game. Have to make it to a few check points and pick up an item and continue on. Would seem fun.

Chirimo
02-25-2013, 02:53 PM
Gotcha im really looking forward to see the things changing in the game

Chirimo
02-25-2013, 04:46 PM
Q: Because a lot of gamers don't know about it, Why doesn't Trion spread the word more on Defiance?

Desidus
02-25-2013, 04:54 PM
Q: Because a lot of gamers don't know about it, Why doesn't Trion spread the word more on Defiance?

Because their money is going into the game and tv show... I am thinking that maybe the tv show will be their major source of advertisement for the game, and the game will be the main source of advertisement for the tv show.

Archangel
02-25-2013, 05:04 PM

I dont think there has been any offical response through the streams that would answer this questions.

My guess could be what others have stated "Their investing into the game and TV show"

But i see those small ads with defiance all over the place.

You dont get many TV ads for video games unless they are the big title ones.

I think as we get even closer to release we'll see a ramp up in advertisements for this game.

Surprise surprise i just learned about Defiance this year alone! Was like late January when i really started to look at what Defiance has to offer.

A lot of word of mouth will come from this game once they lift the NDA as well.

The NDA is holding back a lot of content you could be seeing on the web but due to NDA its just not out there....yet

But of course... this can change soon.

Chirimo
02-25-2013, 05:08 PM
Q: When are they going to go into depth for Guilds and the Salvage Matrix in the Live streams?

Archangel
02-25-2013, 05:14 PM
Q: When are they going to go into depth for Guilds and the Salvage Matrix in the Live streams?

They have mentioned guild related topics through the many streams but nothing in great detail. Outside of guilds can chat and voice chat with each other seamlessly. Also you can buy boosts with real money for your entire guild for fix time intervals. There just is not a whole lot else out there they can cover.

What guild related things can you think of to ask Chirimo and I'll try to get it added.

As far as salvage goes. Its also been covered but only a little portion of it. There is a question already asking if they can go over the salvage matrix and how the weapon mod system works.

For the most part the salvage system seems pretty basic. You have something you want to salvage or sell. Choose salvage, and gain materials for crafting.

Its great when you need space in your inventory and have no vendor to sell your gear too.

Chirimo
02-25-2013, 05:17 PM
Ok thanks i'll check in with a couple people to see if they need any more questions asked.

Desidus
02-25-2013, 05:24 PM
They have mentioned guild related topics through the many streams but nothing in great detail. Outside of guilds can chat and voice chat with each other seamlessly. Also you can buy boosts with real money for your entire guild for fix time intervals. There just is not a whole lot else out there they can cover.

What guild related things can you think of to ask Chirimo and I'll try to get it added.

As far as salvage goes. Its also been covered but only a little portion of it. There is a question already asking if they can go over the salvage matrix and how the weapon mod system works.

For the most part the salvage system seems pretty basic. You have something you want to salvage or sell. Choose salvage, and gain materials for crafting.

Its great when you need space in your inventory and have no vendor to sell your gear too.

Real money for guild boosts... *sigh* my brokeness is going to make it difficult to get into a good guild I predict. lol.

JellyBean
02-25-2013, 05:48 PM
Real money for guild boosts... *sigh* my brokeness is going to make it difficult to get into a good guild I predict. lol.

haha hopefully we will get recruited for skill rather than how deep our pockets are.

Moosealini
02-26-2013, 08:17 AM
Bump for first page access

Archangel
02-26-2013, 08:23 AM

The real money works not just for guild players but for yourself solo or for group boost if your in a party and want to buff everyone.

Moosealini
02-26-2013, 08:56 AM
Ok we know there is scrip (in game money) and Bits (real money purchasable) the question is..

Is it possible to get bits within the game as rare drop/boss drop etc, or is it only purchasable via cash?

Archangel
02-26-2013, 09:48 AM
Ok we know there is scrip (in game money) and Bits (real money purchasable) the question is..

Is it possible to get bits within the game as rare drop/boss drop etc, or is it only purchasable via cash?

Good question.

Most pay transaction games offer you a small amount you can find for a one time deal. Im thinking like Zynga games and all those tablet games out there.

Other games allowed you to generate your own real life currency through auction houses.

I see Defiance being the type the you have to spend to earn. Because if it were a mission or achievement reward it could be duplicated over and over thus earning more and more.

They could possibly find a way to have us earn bits though so i wouldn't put it pass them.

Moosealini
02-26-2013, 09:53 AM
Good question.

Most pay transaction games offer you a small amount you can find for a one time deal. Im thinking like Zynga games and all those tablet games out there.

Other games allowed you to generate your own real life currency through auction houses.

I see Defiance being the type the you have to spend to earn. Because if it were a mission or achievement reward it could be duplicated over and over thus earning more and more.

They could possibly find a way to have us earn bits though so i wouldn't put it pass them.

Oh I know, I have played a few mmo's in my old fart 43 years of life.

Archangel
02-26-2013, 10:22 AM
Oh I know, I have played a few mmo's in my old fart 43 years of life.

One of my more proud moments as a gamer was when my father first started to play Starcraft. He later got involved with FFXI and WOW with my brother and I.

He is 63 yrs old and still is playing D3, WoW and other games online and with family. Its great to be in a chat session with some of the people we play with and once they realize how old my pops is they are always blown away. lol

So praise to you for keeping that gamer spirit alive and running (^-^)b I only hope that in my 40's and 60's I will still be gaming. Know my wife and I, this will be the case.

Sledgehammer70
02-26-2013, 02:15 PM
Some of the questions listed I am working with the dev team to get more precise answers around. But please be patient as I work to get all your questions answered.

Game Game Play Related:
Q: Can you show the purchasable weapon upgrades (Clips, Suppressors etc.) and how to add them to a weapon within the game?

Q: If you played Defiance on the Xbox, can you switch over to PC or PS3 and still have your Stats, Characters, Weapons etc.?
A: No, we will not support cross platform accounts or play. Your character, progression and stats will only be available for the platform your playing on.

Q: Well as we all know there are separate "Shards" on a server to help separate the players for server load etc. So exactly how many shards are there on a server or how do the mechanics work for it? Which brings up another question of is there a possible way to switch "shards" to join your friends/clans?
A: The servers will favor your groups and friends over random people. In all I don’t have a ton of detail to provide around this as the team is working on the many aspects this question covers as we speak.

A: A ton! As the game gets more and more people we will add more and more servers. Keep in mind most of these servers are already prepped to be flipped on as the player base grows.

A: I would assume it will go offline at launch, but there is a good chance we will kick it back on for new content testing etc… but most of that is unknown at this time.

Dev Questions:
A: The Devs will be playing the game under their own user handles. We have plans for 'play with developers' events etc. all in the works.

Rokkrwolf
02-26-2013, 02:18 PM
Some of the questions listed I am working with the dev team to get more precise answers around. But please be patient as I work to get all your questions answered.

Game Game Play Related:

Dev Questions:

Thanks for this Sledge I see you answered a bunch of the more questionable ones like the cross platform account support. Not If only I could edit the FAQ... lol

Chirimo
02-26-2013, 02:56 PM

Game Game Play Related:

Dev Questions:

Thanks Sledge! Can't wait to blast a Dev on the battlefield during the events, hope to see you soon!

Archangel
02-26-2013, 05:05 PM

Game Game Play Related:

Dev Questions:

HOLY CRAP! You went through them!

Sweet mother this is awesome! I now have to get to updated the thread. Grrrr. Its work but its happy work.

Dude, Sledge you rock. Thank you.

Archangel
02-26-2013, 05:16 PM
had to stay 1 minute longer at work but i got it updated!

Woot! New answers folks come get them while they are hot!

Moosealini
02-26-2013, 06:56 PM
Thanks Sledge, can't wait to see the vid concerning weapon upgrades.

YAY I got one of my question answered.

<---Screams "Sledgehammer deserves a raise Trion"

UmbrusNightshade
02-26-2013, 10:18 PM
Q: How closely do the writers of the show and the writers for the game work together? Does one of the two group of writers get precedence in decision making or do both teams truly work together?

Q: Any plans to allow other races to be chosen when creating a character in the future?

Q: Are there any plans to create and sale a lore compendium in the future? Perhaps after Season 1 of the show?

Q: How do alien languages feature in the game? If they do, how?

(Sorry if any of these have been asked elsewhere)

Desidus
02-26-2013, 10:32 PM

In one of the videos they talked about the fact that the show and the game were in constant communication the whole time working together. So I would say that they are doing their best not to have favoritism towards one or the other. Even if they did they would never admit to it anyways. ;) lol.

Q: Any plans to allow other races to be chosen when creating a character in the future?

I have heard several times that there is at least one other playable race, but I don't know if thats been confirmed or the if and when that will happen.

Archangel
02-27-2013, 10:23 AM

(Sorry if any of these have been asked elsewhere)

Some good questions here i'll do my best to answer. May even add one to the list.

A: You here in bits and pieces alien language being used in the game. Kind of the catch phrase "****ako" which we can all assume what that means:-) There are other examples and thankfully there are subtitles. hehe

A: As of release we have the Humans and the Irathians? I think thats how they spell their names. This doesn't mean there can't be more later on but come release. These are the only 2.

Your other questions i dont know how to answer. So i can add them in and see if they will get to them come Friday.

Archangel
02-27-2013, 10:24 AM
Alright Umbrus i got you added.

Thank you Desidus for helping with answers.

UmbrusNightshade
02-27-2013, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the info Desidus and Archangel. I'm a writer at heart so the story and lore of the game/show is very important to me. Maybe we can get more info during the live stream.

Mr666
02-27-2013, 05:46 PM
This there are update on the number of members allowed in a clan?
What does it take to make a clan? Is there are update on what it take to make a clan?(pick one because I believe it was stated)
As (GM)Guild Master what can his/her do with clan?(make ranks?)

0_d4RK_FaLLen
02-27-2013, 07:49 PM
How long in-game time does it take to go from day to night?
Are the bonuses from preorders/collectors/ultimate single use or tied to account for future new characters?
Do we only get xp/loot/scrip at completion of Shadow Wars? What happens if too many people quit right before Shadow War ends?
Can buttons be remapped or are there multiple configurations for 360/PS3?
When playing 4 player co-op if someone gets disconnected or quits can you continue with 2-3 players?
What is reputation for? Are there benefits/hindrances to high/low reputation?

Duskguy
02-27-2013, 07:59 PM
How long in-game time does it take to go from day to night?
Are the bonuses from preorders/collectors/ultimate single use or tied to account for future new characters?
Do we only get xp/loot/scrip at completion of Shadow Wars? What happens if too many people quit right before Shadow War ends?
Can buttons be remapped or are there multiple configurations for 360/PS3?
When playing 4 player co-op if someone gets disconnected or quits can you continue with 2-3 players?
What is reputation for? Are there benefits/hindrances to high/low reputation?

1-night/day cycle i would like to know as well, asked it in the sticky post at the top.
2- im not sure if they decided on whether they were linking the preorder to an account or a character. but i believe it will be character, though would need confirmation on that.
3- i believe you get scrip and xp at the end of a shadow war, but it could be just one or the other. not sure about loot, dont think that has been mentioned. dont know about the second half of that question.
4- i would like to know as well, except for the PC. i like mapping grenade and abilities to the mouse side buttons myself.
5- i believe it was mentioned that certain missions/instances can only be started with 4 players but can be continued solo, although they dont recommend doing such for most instances, if any.
6- reputation i believe is tied to the different factions, like von bach industries for example. i believe it was mentioned that by gaining reputation by doing missions for the faction you can purchase better items from their vendors/ get better mission rewards.

hope at least some of this helped

0_d4RK_FaLLen
02-27-2013, 08:03 PM
1-night/day cycle i would like to know as well, asked it in the sticky post at the top.
2- im not sure if they decided on whether they were linking the preorder to an account or a character. but i believe it will be character, though would need confirmation on that.
3- i believe you get scrip and xp at the end of a shadow war, but it could be just one or the other. not sure about loot, dont think that has been mentioned. dont know about the second half of that question.
4- i would like to know as well, except for the PC. i like mapping grenade and abilities to the mouse side buttons myself.
5- i believe it was mentioned that certain missions/instances can only be started with 4 players but can be continued solo, although they dont recommend doing such for most instances, if any.
6- reputation i believe is tied to the different factions, like von bach industries for example. i believe it was mentioned that by gaining reputation by doing missions for the faction you can purchase better items from their vendors/ get better mission rewards.

hope at least some of this helped

Don't remember which video but they did say pc had ability to remap

Archangel
02-28-2013, 10:00 AM
Q: How long in-game time does it take to go from day to night?-ADDED
Q: Are the bonuses from preorders/collectors/ultimate single use or tied to account for future new characters?
Q: Do we only get xp/loot/scrip at completion of Shadow Wars? -ADDED
Q: Can buttons be remapped or are there multiple configurations for 360/PS3?
Q: When playing 4 player co-op if someone gets disconnected or quits can you continue with 2-3 players?
Q: What is reputation for? Are there benefits/hindrances to high/low reputation?

1: Will add to list
2: They are tied to your account
3: I believe its all the above, but i'll add it to the PVP question list.
4: Nothing, the shadow war adjust to the number of people playing and rewards are given based off performance.
5: Yes, buttons can be remapped for both the keyboard and the controller on the PC so it should also be on the consoles.
6: Yes, you can continue through the instance. Just remember its scaled to a fixed number of players and not to the current number of players so it will be harder. I would recommend waiting for your friend to log back in then proceed.
7: Reputation is used to purchase new items and content. Unlocks the ability to use rep orientated vendor machines. Also unlocks rep based missions.

Chuck Zitto
02-28-2013, 10:04 AM
My question is can you war other clans? I have heard this mentioned twice on the forums. Is it true.

Archangel
02-28-2013, 10:06 AM
My question is can you war other clans? I have heard this mentioned twice on the forums. Is it true.

If you scheduled it maybe. If 2 clans both set up a time and place to meet then everyone que'd up for shadow war you may all be placed on the same team perhaps.

Or in the deathmatch games you can group with clan mates so you could try to set up clan duels.

But nothing to the extent of open world pvp or private clan shadow wars.

Chuck Zitto
02-28-2013, 10:08 AM
If you scheduled it maybe. If 2 clans both set up a time and place to meet then everyone que'd up for shadow war you may all be placed on the same team perhaps.

Or in the deathmatch games you can group with clan mates so you could try to set up clan duels.

But nothing to the extent of open world pvp or private clan shadow wars.

Very disappointing if true.

lPATT
02-28-2013, 10:09 AM
Q. can you summon the cerberus in the open world while questing or it only in shadow wars or instance?

Archangel
02-28-2013, 10:12 AM
Very disappointing if true.

What would be something you were thinking of? What kind of clan wars would you suggest? They are always open for suggestions. Might not make the release but it could be something they add in later.

Like an idea i have for PVP:

"Make a game mode where you can call in an Ark Fall at key positions on the map to either distract your enemies or to call one on top of them in their base. I think being able to summon and ark fall in the middle of pvp would be pretty sweet."

What ideas would you have for a clan vs clan type pvp system?

Archangel
02-28-2013, 10:14 AM
Q. can you summon the cerberus in the open world while questing or it only in shadow wars or instance?

I know the answer to this one but its under NDA. We did see in the live stream Lance and Greg driving one while in a shadow war. These dont just spawn to use during shadow war play so we can assume that its something you could potentially unlock. I'll add the question to the pvp list.

MOnte
02-28-2013, 11:15 AM
What would be something you were thinking of? What kind of clan wars would you suggest? They are always open for suggestions. Might not make the release but it could be something they add in later.

Like an idea i have for PVP:

"Make a game mode where you can call in an Ark Fall at key positions on the map to either distract your enemies or to call one on top of them in their base. I think being able to summon and ark fall in the middle of pvp would be pretty sweet."

What ideas would you have for a clan vs clan type pvp system?

I think he is looking for clan wars. Something like. You declare war on that clan, they declare war on you. Then at any time, any place those two clan members are attack-able to each other. That is at least how I read it.

Archangel
02-28-2013, 11:19 AM
I think he is looking for clan wars. Something like. You declare war on that clan, they declare war on you. Then at any time, any place those two clan members are attack-able to each other. That is at least how I read it.

So a clan can turn on open world pvp with another clan and only those 2 clans can shoot at each other in the open world?

Would both clans have to agree? Sounds like they could design something from which you initiate a deal and or duel. I thought a duel type system would be fun.

When you friends are just standing around why not duel each other and see what the weapons are like.

Chuck Zitto
02-28-2013, 11:24 AM

Yes something like this. Ive made a few suggestions. If both clans declare war on each other you can fight anywhere anytime. The ability to flag and unflag yourself at a city or somewhere for pvp anywhere anytime. Having 2 factions you could choose to join or unjoin that let you fight anybody in opposing faction kinda like rift had. My main thing is I am trying to get my clan interested. We have pvped in mmos since ultima online. The battlegrounds and the shadow wars just aren't enough to get them interested in the game. I understand pvp is not everybodies thing. But for those of us who it is the current pvp methods seem like they will get stale quick. Any option implemented should be fully up to the player. If they don't wish to be part of it they don't have to be.

Kantazo
02-28-2013, 11:32 AM
Dunno if this has been asked or not, if yes just disregard. Do the devs will allow addons in game?

MOnte
02-28-2013, 11:36 AM
So a clan can turn on open world pvp with another clan and only those 2 clans can shoot at each other in the open world?

Would both clans have to agree? Sounds like they could design something from which you initiate a deal and or duel. I thought a duel type system would be fun.

When you friends are just standing around why not duel each other and see what the weapons are like.

Yes, both clans would have to agree, but it is a major pain to implement. Because you have do things like This guy can't be healed by a non guild member when he attacks or is being attacked by the waring guild...

A better idea would be to be able to queue up for GvG only PvP matches. With things like capture the flag, one guild defends a base, the other attacks and basic team kill.

Archangel
02-28-2013, 11:58 AM
Yes, both clans would have to agree, but it is a major pain to implement. Because you have do things like This guy can't be healed by a non guild member when he attacks or is being attacked by the waring guild...

A better idea would be to be able to queue up for GvG only PvP matches. With things like capture the flag, one guild defends a base, the other attacks and basic team kill.

See this makes sense and is something that is already in place.

A guild can que up for the PVP death matches and capture the point instances. Now will they be pitted agains another guild or a bunch of PUG's is up in the air.

Back in the early WoW era we would que up for a specific battle ground event with our alliance counter parts. We all were in a vent so we could coordinate. If we got into a game and it was them we logged out and requed.

This i see could be tedious so a GVG que or specific map would be kind of neat.

dureiken
02-28-2013, 12:20 PM
Hi there,

just a question about that :

Well as we all know there are separate "Shards" on a server to help separate the players for server load etc. So exactly how many shards are there on a server or how do the mechanics work for it? Which brings up another question of is there a possible way to switch "shards" to join your friends/clans?

I thought that Defiance was a unique player world, with thousands of them on same map. Will there be different versions of the world on the same server as Firefall or GuildWars and we need to swtich to join our squad ? Or it will be like Darkfall Online with really one unique world and instances like dungeons only ?

Thanks a lot

Archangel
02-28-2013, 12:29 PM
Hi there,

just a question about that :

I thought that Defiance was a unique player world, with thousands of them on same map. Will there be different versions of the world on the same server as Firefall or GuildWars and we need to swtich to join our squad ? Or it will be like Darkfall Online with really one unique world and instances like dungeons only ?

Thanks a lot

There maps are the same. but shards are going to be different between eachother in the sense that, example:

Shard A: Has 2 ark falls and 1 major ark fall in progress.
Shard B: Could have only 1 Ark Fall
Shard C: has none.

You log in and your friend logs in. You see 3 ark falls and your friend only see 1. So when you open your friends list and say "Go To Friend" your leaving Shard A and joining Shard B.

Still the same game just a different shard.

Archangel
02-28-2013, 12:32 PM
Added Sledges post to the OP.

dureiken
02-28-2013, 12:45 PM
There maps are the same. but shards are going to be different between eachother in the sense that, example:

Shard A: Has 2 ark falls and 1 major ark fall in progress.
Shard B: Could have only 1 Ark Fall
Shard C: has none.

You log in and your friend logs in. You see 3 ark falls and your friend only see 1. So when you open your friends list and say "Go To Friend" your leaving Shard A and joining Shard B.

Still the same game just a different shard.

ok thanks, I don't think that it comes with : unique world and thousands of players, but it's my opinion. Do we know how many players by Shard ? It's like : I don't like this shard, I should go to another one. It's like different servers for me and not a unique world.

Rokkrwolf
02-28-2013, 12:46 PM
ok thanks, I don't think that it comes with : unique world and thousands of players, but it's my opinion. Do we know how many players by Shard ? It's like : I don't like this shard, I should go to another one. It's like different servers for me and not a unique world.

Well arkfalls are supposed to hold up to 50 players so maybe that is your answer? Also you don't have a option to change shards manually only way to switch shards is if you have a friend/guild member/group member in another shard.

Archangel
02-28-2013, 12:52 PM
Well arkfalls are supposed to hold up to 50 players so maybe that is your answer? Also you don't have a option to change shards manually only way to switch shards is if you have a friend/guild member/group member in another shard.

This is true. The shards are design to balance player population through the server so not one shard is to over loaded with people than another.

So either you "Go to Friend" and join their shard or they join yours or you log out and back in to roll a different shard, but thats just a random roll.

Akado
02-28-2013, 01:09 PM
Kinda disappointing if theres no manual shard change. You could really get the short end of the shard (stick) depending on how many shards there are by getting stuck on a shard that is light on players. It would be nice to be able to switch without having to have a friend/clanmate on a shard. Just add a cooldown to how often you can switch like 1 hour per switch.

Archangel
02-28-2013, 01:14 PM
Kinda disappointing if theres no manual shard change. You could really get the short end of the shard (stick) depending on how many shards there are by getting stuck on a shard that is light on players. It would be nice to be able to switch without having to have a friend/clanmate on a shard. Just add a cooldown to how often you can switch like 1 hour per switch.

There is no way to tell how many people are in the shard you are in really. No way to see a number. So you wouldn't really know if your on a low or high pop shard.

The idea is though as you play you make friends and add them to your list. Then you can get all your friends to converge onto a single shard and play together.

If we could select shards we would all be going for those higher pop ones so we all get better loots from ark falls and what not. This would leave those lower pop shards scratching for players.

I do prefer the anonymity of how things are now and I dont find it ever a lack of people playing. They are doing a good job keeping everything balanced.

So its almost impossible to be on a low pop shard because they balance the pop equally across them all depending on how many people are actively logged in.

Archangel
03-01-2013, 01:25 PM
Updated links to the new FAQ for answers to common questions. Both can be found Here (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?2775-Compiled-List-of-Frequently-Asked-Questions) and within this thread as well.

Have a question? We have answers. (^-^)b

Desidus
03-01-2013, 01:29 PM
Updated links to the new FAQ for answers to common questions. Both can be found Here (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?2775-Compiled-List-of-Frequently-Asked-Questions) and within this thread as well.

Have a question? We have answers. (^-^)b

I have a question... whats the question?

Archangel
03-01-2013, 01:35 PM
I have a question... whats the question?

That is the question. But whats the answer?

Moosealini
03-01-2013, 02:26 PM
the answer to life the universe and everything..... 42

Desidus
03-01-2013, 03:24 PM
That is the question. But whats the answer?

This is the answer.

Kantazo
03-01-2013, 03:25 PM
This is the answer.

The answer to what question?

Desidus
03-01-2013, 03:26 PM
This is the answer.

wait you tricked me into answering my own question...

Desidus
03-01-2013, 03:26 PM
The answer to what question?

Whats the question?

D351
03-01-2013, 03:28 PM
Would someone just kill this thread already, with fire?

MOnte
03-01-2013, 03:29 PM
My head hurts now...

Desidus
03-01-2013, 03:31 PM
Would someone just kill this thread already, with fire?

So your saying you would rather see another thread about Beta or NDA?

MOnte
03-01-2013, 03:36 PM
So your saying you would rather see another thread about Beta or NDA?

No ,but is it really ever going to stop? Well,, on april 2 it will....

Sledgehammer70
03-01-2013, 04:52 PM
Gameplay Related:
Q: Is there an update on the maximum number of members in a guild? What is necessary to start a guild?

A: Currently Alpha does not have a 'Clan' cap, but that doesn't mean the team will not cap it in the long run. To start a 'Clan' you need a EGO rating for 50 and 5,000 scrip.

Q: How long in-game time does it take to go from day to night?

A: Roughly 2 hours currently, not entirely sure it will stay that way.

A: Not currently, but as always we are looking for more and more ways to keep improving upon Defiance.

PVP Questions:
Q. Can you summon the cerberus in the open world while questing or it only in shadow wars or instance?

A: It is currently only available in Shadow Wars. But... the game has a ton of vehicles you haven't seen yet.

A: The system will scale up based on the amount of players currently participating within that Shadow War. If a bunch of people leave the amount of capture points will remain the same.

A: Our massive co-op battles take place in different parts of the game world. Depending how many users/players join will determine the size of the event. 15v15 will start with 2 capture/ defend points and it will scale up as more players join.

International Questions:
Q: Are the servers regional, and if so would players be able to join another server(i.e can People from UK play with people from the USA)?

A: Yes the servers are regional, and yes you can join whatever server you would like.

Archangel
03-01-2013, 04:55 PM
Thank you Sledge i will get them updated as soon as possible. (^-^)b

We appreciate all yours and Lance's hard work and constant support of these forums and threads.

lPATT
03-01-2013, 05:29 PM
my question was :

and thanks you for answering it BUT WHY WAS THERE A CERBERUS in the ark fall earlier in the live stream ... which bring me to think you can summon it in the open world , you got me more confuse then before xD ... maybe it not call a cerberus or it under nda and you cant reveal that vehicle name but it looked like one for sure

Desidus
03-01-2013, 05:39 PM
my question was :

and thanks you for answering it BUT WHY WAS THERE A CERBERUS in the ark fall earlier in the live stream ... which bring me to think you can summon it in the open world , you got me more confuse then before xD ... maybe it not call a cerberus or it under nda and you cant reveal that vehicle name but it looked like one for sure

Im sure there are lots of cool and unique vehicles.. can't wait to drive them into a mass of critters...

DJTrig
03-01-2013, 05:44 PM
Q, If servers are regional but we can choose the server of another region,can we switch servers freely or must those of us who play with people from different time-zones make seperate char's for each server ?.

Desidus
03-01-2013, 05:47 PM
Q, If servers are regional but we can choose the server of another region,can we switch servers freely or must those of us who play with people from different time-zones make seperate char's for each server ?.

Good question! I really would like to know the answer to that one as well.

Sledgehammer70
03-01-2013, 06:18 PM
my question was :

We have ways to give ourselves any vehicle in the game, in an effort to show them off we mix it up.

Sledgehammer70
03-01-2013, 06:19 PM

Your character will be locked to the server you pick. You will not be able to freely move them back and forth.

Desidus
03-01-2013, 06:22 PM
We have ways to give ourselves any vehicle in the game, in an effort to show them off we mix it up.

They are messing with our minds!! lol.

*edit* they just answered this question as I asked it...

DJTrig
03-01-2013, 06:33 PM
Thanks Sledge,guess i will have to run 2 char's at the same time.

DxJeckel
03-01-2013, 06:35 PM
I was thinking about purchasing the Ultimate Edition for Xbox mainly for the Season Pass, but if I can't afford that version and purchase the collector's edition instead, will the Season Pass be available for purchase later on? In addition, what does the Season Pass include?

lPATT
03-01-2013, 09:32 PM

hmmmmm i can deal with that but still sad =/ wish we could ride Cerberus around with friend . but it might still be possible if you guys can do it in a later update =D

0_d4RK_FaLLen
03-01-2013, 09:35 PM
hmmmmm i can deal with that but still sad =/ wish we could ride Cerberus around with friend . but it might still be possible if you guys can do it in a later update =D

Maybe we'll get something even better. Remember they have stated that they have only shown us a small amount so far

lPATT
03-01-2013, 10:12 PM
Maybe we'll get something even better. Remember they have stated that they have only shown us a small amount so far

true, good point =D

Rokkrwolf
03-03-2013, 11:34 PM

Erm did you answer this correctly Sledge? The question was referring to the actual PVP maps not Shadow war which is what you seemed to answer.

Archangel
03-04-2013, 10:08 AM

The power of a GM eh. Tons of thanks to you Sledge for getting to peoples questions here and giving us some answers. Its very much appreciated.

With that the OP was updated to reflect the new answers!

Manta Dracoon
03-04-2013, 10:19 AM
Q. Will there be a bank system so we can put some stuff away for later, I know we will have inventory upgrades but I want to know if you can stash stuff?

Q. Will there be a clan fortress type thing, kinda like guild wars guild halls?

Q. What's the controller layout going to be on the Xbox 360?

Archangel
03-04-2013, 10:26 AM
Q. Will there be a bank system so we can put some stuff away for later, I know we will have inventory upgrades but I want to know if you can stash stuff?

Great questions. Lets see if i have some answers for you.
A: No bank as of this point. this question has come up and as of right now you carry everything on you.

A: No clan fortress in the works for release. But Trion has been open about new ideas and with this game being very fluid meaning constant updates and new DLC this could always pop up in the future if the demand is there.

A: Maybe under NDA since the menu for it is available to see while in BETA or ALPHA. But I can't post a picture of it because of NDA.
Now if someone else has a picture or knows it by heart, please share.

On a personal note with the controller. My wife uses an Xbox controller on our PC while we play Alpha. She loves it and finds it very helpful and intuitive.

Paladin
03-04-2013, 10:28 AM
Xbox 360
Left trigger - Aim mode
Right trigger - Shoot
Left bumper - Special
Right bumper - Grenade
Left stick - Movement, Sprint (click)
Right stick - Camera, Melee (click)
Directional pad - Up - Vehicle
Directional pad - Left - Grouping
Back button - Map
Start button - Menu
Y - Select weapon
X - Action/Reload
B - Crouch
A - Jump

LokeN47
03-04-2013, 10:43 AM
what about Wednesday's live stream?

Manta Dracoon
03-04-2013, 10:50 AM
Xbox 360
Left trigger - Aim mode
Right trigger - Shoot
Left bumper - Special
Right bumper - Grenade
Left stick - Movement, Sprint (click)
Right stick - Camera, Melee (click)
Directional pad - Up - Vehicle
Directional pad - Left - Grouping
Back button - Map
Start button - Menu
Y - Select weapon
X - Action/Reload
B - Crouch
A - Jump

Ok I knew tht but I really should of asked how do you roll/evade?

Paladin
03-04-2013, 10:58 AM

read the manual when you buy the game.

Rokkrwolf
03-04-2013, 12:52 PM
Whoops I forgot to have you add a few question before that were asked to me -

Do you know if they have multi-screen support in this game? Or 3d?

Will there be a "hero" or "heroic" type mode for the Co-op instances? If people are unsure as to what that is, it's just a higher difficulty for the areas.

Archangel
03-04-2013, 01:08 PM

Double tap B and the direction you wish to roll with the analog stick. Or wait for the game to come out and its in the control settings.

Archangel
03-04-2013, 01:10 PM
Whoops I forgot to have you add a few question before that were asked to me -

Do you know if they have multi-screen support in this game? Or 3d?

Will there be a "hero" or "heroic" type mode for the Co-op instances? If people are unsure as to what that is, it's just a higher difficulty for the areas.

Got them in there Rokkrwolf. Good questions.

Dreadhly
03-04-2013, 01:51 PM
Veteran , Mechinist , Survivalist , Outlow

Q: Is there gona be any difference's between this classes?or they are all the same and it wont mater what class you choose to play ?
Q: Are there gonna be armor sets with set bonus ? or is that shield the only defence / armor we are going to have in game ? ( i hope not ! )
Q: Do the classes i mention gona have there own individual design for suits / armors ? ( like in wow for example)
Q: Are there gonna be Raids / dungeons with heroic difficulties and lock out ? ( i hope so )
Q: Is the Chat system going to be improved ? ( I found a huge lack of communication in the game and im very confused wen it comes to interacting with the community/ players , an ingame trade channel wold be something to be consider.)
Q: Are we gonna have Flamethrower's / Dual welding weapons ? ( i beg of you ...pretty pleeeees :D )

Note! - I am a WoW player and i find this things a "Must have" for a game that labels it self as an MMO !

dureiken
03-04-2013, 01:57 PM
Hi there,

to follow Rokkrwolf View Post, will SLI and multicore be supported ?

Archangel
03-04-2013, 02:53 PM
Veteran , Mechinist , Survivalist , Outlow

Q: Is there gona be any difference's between this classes?or they are all the same and it wont mater what class you choose to play ?
Q: Are there gonna be armor sets with set bonus ? or is that shield the only defence / armor we are going to have in game ? ( i hope not ! )
Q: Do the classes i mention gona have there own individual design for suits / armors ? ( like in wow for example)
Q: Are there gonna be Raids / dungeons with heroic difficulties and lock out ? ( i hope so )
Q: Is the Chat system going to be improved ? ( I found a huge lack of communication in the game and im very confused wen it comes to interacting with the community/ players , an ingame trade channel wold be something to be consider.)
Q: Are we gonna have Flamethrower's / Dual welding weapons ? ( i beg of you ...pretty pleeeees :D )

Note! - I am a WoW player and i find this things a "Must have" for a game that labels it self as an MMO !

Hey Dreadhly - I'll summarize your questions with the short answer since a lot of them have been asked before. ok?

1. The only difference between the classes is their starting weapon. Game starts you with a pistol and either (vetran=AR)(Mech=LMG)(Survivalist=Sniper)(Outlaw=S hotgun) Other than these thing. All the classes play the same.
2. No armor set bonus's. Armor is just for looks. The shield is out only defense. Headgear and Outfits are for looks and can be unlocked in many different ways.
3. Yes, each has their own look in the beginning.
4. 2-4 man dungeons yes, Ark fall open worl raid content yes. Heroic diff has not been mentioned, no lock outs.
5. Hard to give an answer for something that relies on personnal opinion to determine. So for me, I like the chat and grouping as it is with 1 exception. The chat window is small and goes away quickly. You miss most people convos because its there and gone before you know someone even said anything to begin with. But its easy to switch between area chat, group, private, clan. And its easy to group up (^-^)b
6. Not at this time and not at this time.

So let me end with a soapbox moment here since you, like myself have played WoW.

First off, any of my "no" or "Not at this time" responses are this way because either Trion has said no or they have said "We like that idea and will look into it". This is a good thing for us. Trion wants to make this game fun and exciting. With new dlc and expansions already in the works, with an active living game that can be changed freely anytime they want to. We can count on them fine tuning this game to fit the needs of the people playing it. So maybe no flame throwers for us (even though bad guys have them) doesn't mean we wont see those flamethrowers in the future. Ok?

Then as far as your comment on Wow and MMO expectations.

I need to cover this because i believe so many people forgot what WoW was like when it first came out. Wow had no PVP but open world and that was only on PVP servers. Wow had no clan or guild system like guild banks or anything other than clan chat. Wow had bugs and glitches and dungeons that didn't work. Laggy servers. No end game other than a few 40 man raid dungeons and Onyxia with i think 1 or 2 open world raid bosses.

So when you think to compare a 3rd person shooter that plays with a massive amount of people. Dont think of Wow which is a MMORPG and this game being a MMOTPS.

Its more fair to compare this game to Planetside? or MAG? But it has more of the RPG elements than those games which were just shooters.

This game wont have damage meters or set items or a crafting system where you specialize in any given artisan type job. There is crafting but only to the extent of breaking down the items you find and using those reagents to upgrade other items.

So try not to compare this game to WoW because they are two different game types.

Lastly, WoW as popular of an MMO it was took a HUGE majority of their ideas from other MMO's before them. So lets give credit to where credit is due when we talk about the staple of MMO's and who was the godfather of the MMO.

Archangel
03-04-2013, 03:00 PM
Hi there,

to follow Rokkrwolf View Post, will SLI and multicore be supported ?

I run 8 cores on my PC so i would think yes. I only have 1 graphics card so i dont know about SLI. My hopes they answer Rokkrwolf's question and we'll know if we can run multiple monitors or not.

I personally play on a 49 in HD LCD TV. lol. Thank you Visio for being so cheap.

Moosealini
03-04-2013, 03:06 PM
@ Archangel, don't forget they said in the last stream they will be having a Wed stream this week.

Archangel
03-04-2013, 03:12 PM
@ Archangel, don't forget they said in the last stream they will be having a Wed stream this week.

Yeah, I dont know the fixed times for Wednesdays. If they are planning on following the same model they did last week i can update the header to show the new stream times. Thanks for the reminding Moosealini.

UmbrusNightshade
03-04-2013, 04:15 PM
New set of questions:

Q: (If not under NDA) Does the main story progression have missions which require you to group up in order to complete them or is it possible to do these solo?

Q: (Again if not under NDA) What exactly are Hotshot and Rampage events?

Q: Will console players be at a disadvantage when updates happen (because of first party certifying) or will all platforms receive updates at the same time?

Q: Any word on how much hard-drive space will be needed for the PS3 version? It's 10G on the XBox 360. Is it comparable on Sony's system?

Q: How often do you plan to institute updates? Will most updates be small or will they be large (and therefore require long amounts of time to download and install)?

Q: (May be under NDA) What is the character limit when creating a name?

Q: (Again may be under NDA) Do individual weapons within a grouping (i.e. assault rifles or snipers, etc.) have the same range and, in the case of shotguns spread, or is this unique to each weapon?

I guess that's it for now.

Tr3nch
03-04-2013, 04:36 PM
Hey Dreadhly - I'll summarize your questions with the short answer since a lot of them have been asked before. ok?

1. The only difference between the classes is their starting weapon. Game starts you with a pistol and either (vetran=AR)(Mech=LMG)(Survivalist=Sniper)(Outlaw=S hotgun) Other than these thing. All the classes play the same.
2. No armor set bonus's. Armor is just for looks. The shield is out only defense. Headgear and Outfits are for looks and can be unlocked in many different ways.
4. 2-4 man dungeons yes, Ark fall open worl raid content yes. Heroic diff has not been mentioned, no lock outs.
5. Hard to give an answer for something that relies on personnal opinion to determine. So for me, I like the chat and grouping as it is with 1 exception. The chat window is small and goes away quickly. You miss most people convos because its there and gone before you know someone even said anything to begin with. But its easy to switch between area chat, group, private, clan. And its easy to group up (^-^)b

So let me end with a soapbox moment here since you, like myself have played WoW.

First off, any of my "no" or "Not at this time" responses are this way because either Trion has said no or they have said "We like that idea and will look into it". This is a good thing for us. Trion wants to make this game fun and exciting. With new dlc and expansions already in the works, with an active living game that can be changed freely anytime they want to. We can count on them fine tuning this game to fit the needs of the people playing it. So maybe no flame throwers for us (even though bad guys have them) doesn't mean we wont see those flamethrowers in the future. Ok?

Then as far as your comment on Wow and MMO expectations.

I need to cover this because i believe so many people forgot what WoW was like when it first came out. Wow had no PVP but open world and that was only on PVP servers. Wow had no clan or guild system like guild banks or anything other than clan chat. Wow had bugs and glitches and dungeons that didn't work. Laggy servers. No end game other than a few 40 man raid dungeons and Onyxia with i think 1 or 2 open world raid bosses.

So when you think to compare a 3rd person shooter that plays with a massive amount of people. Dont think of Wow which is a MMORPG and this game being a MMOTPS.

Its more fair to compare this game to Planetside? or MAG? But it has more of the RPG elements than those games which were just shooters.

This game wont have damage meters or set items or a crafting system where you specialize in any given artisan type job. There is crafting but only to the extent of breaking down the items you find and using those reagents to upgrade other items.

So try not to compare this game to WoW because they are two different game types.

Lastly, WoW as popular of an MMO it was took a HUGE majority of their ideas from other MMO's before them. So lets give credit to where credit is due when we talk about the staple of MMO's and who was the godfather of the MMO.

Well said about the portion on WoW. I remember WoW when it released and it was very very basic in terms to what it is now. Most of the current features weren't even a thought at the time WoW first released. And most that have been added are piecemealed from other MMO's..

Moosealini
03-04-2013, 05:08 PM
New set of questions:

Q: (If not under NDA) Does the main story progression have missions which require you to group up in order to complete them or is it possible to do these solo?

Umbrus, this was covered in one of the many vids released, I think one of the ones from the game play demo at one of the conventions (I think Pax) not sure.

the guys said that most of the content is soloable, but the more people doing it together (do not have to be grouped) the better the rewards for doing that content. but at the same time the more people helping out on a particular Mission/Quest/Thing the tougher it will be. From everything I have seen, everything scales with the amount of players working toward a common goal.

I hope this helps.
Moosealini
P.S. if I find one of the vids I was talking about I will post a link so you can have it from the trion team.

Archangel
03-04-2013, 05:25 PM
Off to mi casa. I will update the questions tomorrow! Thanks guys for bringing your questions here. We'll keep at it finding you answers. have a good night.

pieofdeath123
03-04-2013, 05:29 PM
cool i hopefully will see this one i missed the friday stream

Moosealini
03-04-2013, 05:52 PM
If I remember correctly dahanesse said it would be same time in the morning 10:30 pst on wed. I could be wrong but I am pretty sure she said that towards the end of the stream last fri.

Dreadhly
03-04-2013, 06:15 PM
[QUOTE=Archangel;44920]Hey Dreadhly - I'll summarize your questions with the short answer since a lot of them have been asked before. ok?

you made a good point with you're answers to my questions , how ever i cant and im still holding to my thoughts on the fact that there is no class differences, no body armors ! i mean you cant expect me to were a full plated body suit just for the ayecandy and not raise a "WTF" question in my mind wen the shield its taken down and im taking full hp dmg . it defies logic at the point were its ridiculous ! defieing logic its ok but still: this is a game that takes place on earth , not some fantasy world.
the least Trion could do is : make the suits / outfits to look properly and unique for the specific class ! ( im sorry but i just see this as laziness )

But then again this is just my opinion on the subject . I am under no obligation to buy the game if i don't like it . i have high hopes for this game and if what you say is going to pass , then i was wrong about it .

UmbrusNightshade
03-04-2013, 08:17 PM
Umbrus, this was covered in one of the many vids released, I think one of the ones from the game play demo at one of the conventions (I think Pax) not sure.

P.S. if I find one of the vids I was talking about I will post a link so you can have it from the trion team.

Thanks Moose, I've only been able to watch a few of the videos because my dad's computer doesn't ever want to buffer.

Desidus
03-04-2013, 09:26 PM
Elemental Questions!

Q1. Do sniper rifles have a higher chance to cause elementals to cause their effect? or do machine guns have a much better chance due to their high rate of fire?

Q2. Does critical hits increase chance of elemental effects?

Q3. Is there any protection from elemental effects on certain shields?

Q4. Are there elements that only the enemies have?

Q5. Does each pellet of a shotgun create a chance to have the element go off? Could you in theory hit a bunch of people with an element in one shot?

Q6. Not about elements but do shots have the ability to penetrate through a target and hit someone behind as well? or does it stop when it hits an enemy? (mostly refering to sniper rifles)

Paladin
03-04-2013, 09:29 PM
Will elements affect bosses?

Moosealini
03-05-2013, 08:23 AM
The info I related earlier I do believe is in one of the 3 videos put up by neoseeker on youtube. they are play demos and a dev describing the action. the videos are from E3 in 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVULUdChTls

this is the first of the 3. the others should come up too

Archangel
03-05-2013, 09:33 AM
you made a good point with you're answers to my questions , how ever i cant and im still holding to my thoughts on the fact that there is no class differences, no body armors ! This is a game that takes place on earth , not some fantasy world.
the least Trion could do is : make the suits / outfits to look properly and unique for the specific class !

But then again this is just my opinion on the subject.

Just remember that things can always change. If they feel they need to make class specific outfits and headgear there is nothing stopping them from doing so in the future.
You can always do what you want with your money because its yours. Thats the beauty of the free market.
If the game is fun to play and feels good while playing it, a suit of armor that is for looks or has some meaningless stats on it doesn't matter to me. There have been many of shooter games where your armor is only there for looks and hold no value other than looks. So for me, the game is REALLY fun to play and looks great. So to each his/her own ya. (^-^)

Archangel
03-05-2013, 09:48 AM
Elemental Questions!

Q1. Do sniper rifles have a higher chance to cause elementals to cause their effect? or do machine guns have a much better chance due to their high rate of fire?

Q2. Does critical hits increase chance of elemental effects?

Q3. Is there any protection from elemental effects on certain shields?

Q4. Are there elements that only the enemies have?

Q5. Does each pellet of a shotgun create a chance to have the element go off? Could you in theory hit a bunch of people with an element in one shot?

Q6. Not about elements but do shots have the ability to penetrate through a target and hit someone behind as well? or does it stop when it hits an enemy? (mostly refering to sniper rifles)

Paladin i'll get you in this answer too, but on to the ones i know i can cover briefly. Remember, NDA prevents me from going into the details.

Q: Is there any protection from elemental effects on certain shields?
A: You wont be disappointed

Q: Do shots have the ability to penetrate through a target and hit someone behind as well?
A: Nothing at this time but it can always be something they wish to add in the future.

Q: Will elemental effects effect bosses?
A: They have the potential to apply the effect to all enemies. Im guessing though some may be more resistant or even immune than others.

Archangel
03-05-2013, 12:30 PM
Questions have been updated. See the OP for details (^-^)b

Isfeld
03-05-2013, 03:30 PM
Hey guys,

Just 2 little questions i've had in mind for a while now and i'm very curious about :

Q - Is rain present in the game ? (If so, is it during day, night, both ?) Rain is awesome :)

Q - Can you interact with NPCs in the open world ? (like talk to them to learn their stories, etc. so far i've only seen cutscenes filled with NPCs...)

Thanks

Archangel
03-06-2013, 08:52 AM
Hey guys,

Just 2 little questions i've had in mind for a while now and i'm very curious about :

Q - Is rain present in the game ? (If so, is it during day, night, both ?) Rain is awesome :)

Q - Can you interact with NPCs in the open world ? (like talk to them to learn their stories, etc. so far i've only seen cutscenes filled with NPCs...)

Thanks

I'll add the weather question because we haven't seen any rain in the videos. Even though the weather does change, i dont think we have seen rain.

NPC's that are quest related can be spoken with but the random ones walking around can't be interacted with. So yes and no to your second question.

Archangel
03-06-2013, 08:59 AM
Lance gave us some answers on another thread. I'll be posting it here and then updating the OP.

Howdy Folks!

Here's the current elemental types and their description.

Electrical – Stuns targeted enemy and nearby enemies for a short period. The burst of electrical activity will short out the Heads Up Display provided by the ego for this duration.

Incendiary – Lights targeted enemy aflame, harming him for a short period of time.

Biological – Attaches biological compounds to a target, slowing them down and causing them to do less damage for a short period of time.

Radiation – Irradiates the target, weakening their armor and causing them to take more damage from attacks for a short period of time.

Syphon – Steals health from the target and transfers it back to the shooter.

Thread Can Be Found Here. (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?2955-Elemental-Types-and-Info)

Deimos
03-06-2013, 09:12 AM
Where are the videos? when I go to the link there's just a black screen with trion on it, no options to choose videos etc.

DarkKnyt29
03-06-2013, 09:14 AM
Where are the videos? when I go to the link there's just a black screen with trion on it, no options to choose videos etc.

Try going here. It has the past ones:

http://www.twitch.tv/search?query=defiance#stq=defiance&stp=1

Desidus
03-06-2013, 09:15 AM
Biological + Infector weapon = Biological warfare...

and *puke*

Deimos
03-06-2013, 09:16 AM
Try going here. It has the past ones:

http://www.twitch.tv/search?query=defiance#stq=defiance&stp=1

Great thanks :)

Desidus
03-06-2013, 09:16 AM

LOL I thought the same thing the first time I went there.

Exes
03-06-2013, 09:17 AM
goto twitch.tv/trionworlds and click the videos button? Not that hard.

Archangel
03-06-2013, 09:22 AM

The link takes you to the live stream where you can click on Videos to go to their archive.

Desidus
03-06-2013, 09:25 AM
goto twitch.tv/trionworlds and click the videos button? Not that hard.

Its a small button and its easy to miss at a glance.

Archangel
03-06-2013, 09:47 AM
The updated list of questions have been sent out. So if you want to see if they get answered. Watch today's stream!

You can find it in my sig. Defiance is first for Wednesday's starting @ 10:30 PST.

Lazy
03-06-2013, 09:49 AM
Its really nice of them to do two streams a week, hopefully we will get loads more questions answered now.

Archangel
03-06-2013, 09:56 AM
Its really nice of them to do two streams a week, hopefully we will get loads more questions answered now.

I agree. It makes my job twice as fun but we get to help our EU friends get in on the action.

Im just sad that Wednesdays streams are focus'd around playing with people from all over but its during a time where i can play.

Where as Fridays i can be home and get in on the action. So we'll have to see what happens this Friday.

Archangel
03-06-2013, 12:13 PM
Questions you want answered? Post them here and we'll see what we can do to find you an answer!

Archangel
03-06-2013, 12:40 PM
thank you Greg and Dahanese for your live stream today. Thank you sledge for answering peoples questions during the chat.

Moosealini
03-06-2013, 01:53 PM
I did come up with a new question.

Is there a share quest function within the game?
Came up during todays live stream when ahan did not know if she was on the same quest/mission/thing.

Archangel
03-06-2013, 02:10 PM
I did come up with a new question.

Is there a share quest function within the game?
Came up during todays live stream when ahan did not know if she was on the same quest/mission/thing.

Quest can be completed with more than one person in a variety of ways:

You can be solo, grab a quest, then complete.
You can be solo, grab a quest, run to area where other solo people are doing that same quest, then complete.
You can be grouped, each person has to grab the quest, then complete.
You can be clan, each person has to grab the quest, then complete.

So if by "shared" you mean, can one person pick up a quest for everyone in their group? (A: no)
But by default, you can be sharing a quest with someone or just with a random person in the area. as long as your all in the area where the quest is, you all will get credit.

Moosealini
03-06-2013, 02:11 PM
It was the one person pick up the quest part, like in WoW.

Archangel
03-06-2013, 02:16 PM
It was the one person pick up the quest part, like in WoW.

Ah yeah, i guessed as much.

No the group leader can pick up the mission but everyone else will also have to grab it. But what is cool is once your all on the same mission. If only 1 person completes it, everyone gets credit for it.

I noticed this one day as my wife was afk. She and i wrapped up a mission, had to go to a new spot. I drove there and she stayed behind. Once i turned in the mission it showed that she completed it as well even though she was no where near the mission person.

Desidus
03-06-2013, 02:25 PM
Ah yeah, i guessed as much.

No the group leader can pick up the mission but everyone else will also have to grab it. But what is cool is once your all on the same mission. If only 1 person completes it, everyone gets credit for it.

I noticed this one day as my wife was afk. She and i wrapped up a mission, had to go to a new spot. I drove there and she stayed behind. Once i turned in the mission it showed that she completed it as well even though she was no where near the mission person.

That's a good and bad thing... mostly good but some people are going to abuse it.

Archangel
03-06-2013, 02:33 PM
They can't abuse it to much. Each person in the party still needs to pick up the quest. What i can see people doing is, everyone grabs the quest. 1 person finishes it while the rest wait to turn it in for that person. But then they all have to go to the next one and repeat.

Not really a huge advantage since 1 guys doing all the work while the rest are getting a free ride. If you have to grab the quest, might as well help complete it imo.

Desidus
03-06-2013, 02:39 PM
They can't abuse it to much. Each person in the party still needs to pick up the quest. What i can see people doing is, everyone grabs the quest. 1 person finishes it while the rest wait to turn it in for that person. But then they all have to go to the next one and repeat.

Not really a huge advantage since 1 guys doing all the work while the rest are getting a free ride. If you have to grab the quest, might as well help complete it imo.

doesn't help with small quests, but with big ones.. or hard ones....

Desidus
03-06-2013, 02:39 PM
oh also.. what time is the friday stream again? (need to update my sig)

Archangel
03-06-2013, 02:45 PM
oh also.. what time is the friday stream again? (need to update my sig)

Defiance starts @ 4:30pm PST

Just King
03-06-2013, 02:47 PM
Will Trion be at PAX East with Defiance?

Archangel
03-06-2013, 02:55 PM
Will Trion be at PAX East with Defiance?

You may just want to PM Sledge or Lance that one. Dont think they'll answer something like that during a live stream.

souless
03-06-2013, 08:17 PM
Q: will the extra alien race that is coming out be part of a dlc or a first day thing if you buy or have preordered the season pass?

Archangel
03-07-2013, 10:09 AM
Q: will the extra alien race that is coming out be part of a dlc or a first day thing if you buy or have preordered the season pass?

Seems to be a part of the DLC and wont be available on day one.

MOnte
03-07-2013, 10:22 AM
I would like to know what the highest level EGO you need for last event/quest/instance and how long they think the average person will take to get there?
and
How big is the gear grind. Are top end weapons 5, 10, 15% better or is it like a lot of MMO's that top gear is 1000% better and you can't service unless you get them?

Archangel
03-07-2013, 10:27 AM
I would like to know what the highest level EGO you need for last event/quest/instance and how long they think the average person will take to get there?
and
How big is the gear grind. Are top end weapons 5, 10, 15% better or is it like a lot of MMO's that top gear is 1000% better and you can't service unless you get them?

Some of these Monte just have to be found while playing. I think people will be at the last mission boss at different Ego levels so there isn't anything concrete until we all play and can test it out.

We also wont know the gear grind until we start seeing people reach those high levels of 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000+ Ego ratings.

With content still not being shown to us even in Alpha, we can be sure to be surprised and well entertained as we try to grind out our Ego's and complete missions.

MOnte
03-07-2013, 10:44 AM
Some of these Monte just have to be found while playing. I think people will be at the last mission boss at different Ego levels so there isn't anything concrete until we all play and can test it out.

We also wont know the gear grind until we start seeing people reach those high levels of 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000+ Ego ratings.

With content still not being shown to us even in Alpha, we can be sure to be surprised and well entertained as we try to grind out our Ego's and complete missions.

Maybe, but I remember them saying that you need to be so high in ego to even do some instances or go some places. I was just wondering what the highest one was :).

Paladin
03-07-2013, 10:46 AM
and
From the few videos I've seen it looks like it'll take a few weeks to reach rating 500 which can be seen as lvl 50

Isfeld
03-07-2013, 10:55 AM

I can't give specific details because i myself don't know them but keep in mind that Defiance is also a RPG after being a shooter (like Borderlands 2). So you have to feel more powerful the more you play. It's up to the dev team to decide how they will make you feel more powerful but that we know already : weapons have different tiers and perks slots unlock as your EGO rating increase. In a sense, that's what keeps most people playing the game.

Considering the perks are quite powerful, i think a 4000 EGO rating player with 9 perks and a 4000 EGO rating weapon will stomp on a newcomer pretty fast but that just makes sense. Really, you can't complain about that : if you want to fight on equal footing from the start then i suggest you to play titles that have not a RPG element into them like CS : Global offensive, Battlefield 3, etc.

Of course, the matchmaking system will try its best to match the EGO rating of the players when it comes to PvP arenas. Same with shadow wars, you'll probably have access only to the shadow wars of your levelling area so you'll only encounter players of the roughly same EGO rating as you.

Desidus
03-07-2013, 10:58 AM
I can't give specific details because i myself don't know them but keep in mind that Defiance is also a RPG after being a shooter (like Borderlands 2). So you have to feel more powerful the more you play. It's up to the dev team to decide how they will make you feel more powerful but that we know already : weapons have different tiers and perks slots unlock as your EGO rating increase. In a sense, that's what keeps most people playing the game.

Considering the perks are quite powerful, i think a 4000 EGO rating player with 9 perks and a 4000 EGO rating weapon will stomp on a newcomer pretty fast but that just makes sense. Really, you can't complain about that : if you want to fight on equal footing from the start then i suggest you to play titles that have not a RPG aspect into them like CS : Global offensive, Battlefield 3, etc.

Of course, the matchmaking system will try its best to match the EGO rating of the players when it comes to PvP arenas. Same with shadow wars, you'll probably have access only to the shadow wars of your levelling area so you'll only encounter players of the roughly same EGO rating as you.

They have said repeatedly that skill is more important than levels in the game, while there will obviously still be a increase a level 100 could still take down a level 1000.

Paladin
03-07-2013, 11:01 AM
They have said repeatedly that skill is more important than levels in the game, while there will obviously still be a increase a level 100 could still take down a level 1000.
They have said its possible but they haven't said how difficult it will be I could Imagine it would take a few trys.

Isfeld
03-07-2013, 11:06 AM

Yeah i know, but they can't deny the fact that you become more powerful as you level your EGO rating. I don't know if you've seen some of the perks but at level 3, they make a huge difference. As for the weapons, i don't know the difference between the different tiers so i can't give any detail.

So maybe a very skilled 10 EGO rating player (only 1 perk available) will be able to defeat a mediocre 4000 EGO rating player (9 perks unlocked + better weapon) but that won't be the norm.
Ohh and i just remembered they said that your health cap will increase with your level so a higher EGO rating player will also have more health. That just makes it even less likely for a newcomer to defeat a veteran :p

Migrayne
03-07-2013, 11:29 AM
Do the PvP matches pull players from all shards/instances or just the one you happen to be on?

Archangel
03-07-2013, 12:37 PM
Do the PvP matches pull players from all shards/instances or just the one you happen to be on?

happen to be on.

Archangel
03-07-2013, 12:42 PM
And to respond to the instance thing.

Someone fresh out of the training with an Ego of 20 can join up with their friends who are 2000+++ whatever and survive.

They have made it clear that they dont want people to feel they can't play with their friends do to Ego rating.

So there wont be instances that are locked out because you have a lower rating.

Through progression through the story you'll unlock more instances to play in and by default raise your Ego. So remember that a 20 ego can play with a 5000 ego and still be successful.

Someone who has a higher Ego will have multiple advantages over someone who is 20 or just starting.

This goes as far as # of perks that can be used, the level of perks they do use, the level of weapon proficiency, shields, grenades, weapons.

All of these level along with you.

Desidus
03-07-2013, 01:09 PM
If an arkfall falls on your character or near your character do you die?

Archangel
03-07-2013, 02:01 PM
If an arkfall falls on your character or near your character do you die?

Nope, Giant explosion takes place and you go flying back. Your shields may be taken down and your HP hurt but i have never died.

Now while in a car, if your car gets destroy you may come out of it crawling and might need to use the self revive.