PDA

View Full Version : Varus Soleptor's in-game model looks nothing like the TV version

IrisaLover
07-29-2015, 06:18 PM
He sounds different, too.

And just what the hell species is Torc Mok supposed to be anyway? I've never seen anything like him on the show.

Atticus Batman
07-29-2015, 06:46 PM
Tork is a Sensoth. The game uses CGI, the show uses crappy costumes and a bad makeup artist. btw Varus sounds different in the show because he is not played by the guy who did his voice in the game.

Escyos
07-29-2015, 06:51 PM
Tork is a Sensoth. The game uses CGI, the show uses crappy costumes and a bad makeup artist. btw Varus sounds different in the show because he is not played by the guy who did his voice in the game.

Actually the Sensoths in the show use animatronic faces not makeup. How exactly you call it crappy or bad is beyond me.

Atticus Batman
07-29-2015, 07:36 PM
Actually the Sensoths in the show use animatronic faces not makeup. How exactly you call it crappy or bad is beyond me.

Still crappy when it looks nothing like the ones from the game, and more like the apes from the original Planet of the Apes. However that is my opinion.

Cobra Crusher
07-29-2015, 09:29 PM
Still crappy when it looks nothing like the ones from the game, and more like the apes from the original Planet of the Apes. However that is my opinion.

Hey Planet of the Apes had award winning costumes for its time!

Escyos
07-29-2015, 10:06 PM

Do you mean the TWO Sensoth models from the game? Humans sure don't all look the same either.

Atticus Batman
07-29-2015, 11:16 PM
Well considering the only Sensoths in game look like Hairless bigfoot and the ones in the show are very hairy gorillas it does confuse the newer people who don't bother going to your website to find the lore. Just read the OP's confusion on what Tork is.

However I guess I could have saved us the trouble, of this needless debate, if I had just said: "IrisaLover, Tork is Sensoth. I suggest you go to Escyos' site; Defiance Wiki (http://en.defiance-wiki.com/wiki/Defiance_Wiki) for all of the known Defiance Lore, and Etaew's site; Defiancedata (www.defiancedata.com) for all the game specific help that you will need."

PithHelmetIrath
07-30-2015, 05:05 AM

Sounds like someone woke up on the wrong side of the Batcave..

Tex_Arcana
07-30-2015, 09:04 AM
It is one of my minor pet peeves that SYFY and Trion did not ACTUALLY have their heads together on consistency with some of the "lesser roles" in the game and show.
I actually like the ingame version/idea of Varus far more than that cheesy, fedora-wearing goof they had in the show...