PDA

View Full Version : The sniper's zoom

sarbonn
07-29-2015, 07:13 PM
I started training up my sniper weapon and during any larger battle, I basically can't see anything because the explosions from everyone around me turn the sniper window white. I tried all sorts of work arounds, but it just kept getting worse.

Is there some way that snipers work around this, or are they just forced to play with a crappy interface?

Valethar
07-29-2015, 07:48 PM
Sniper rifles are distance weapons. In large battles, either increase your distance from the targets, or switch to a weapon better suited to close quarters combat.

xXxDSMer
07-29-2015, 08:08 PM
Use snipers on smaller activities would also help, like doing daily/weekly contract sites or coop.
Also would behoove you to use bolt actions when there's few people around because of that 5000 kill pursuit

crasher
07-30-2015, 01:14 AM
Sniper rifles are distance weapons. In large battles, either increase your distance from the targets, or switch to a weapon better suited to close quarters combat.
In addition to what xXxDSMer said, you have to stay inside the action circle when you follow Valethar's advice, or hits won't count correctly most of the time. (strangely, sometimes they do).

JOCCO5150
07-30-2015, 01:27 AM
In addition to what xXxDSMer said, you have to stay inside the action circle when you follow Valethar's advice, or hits won't count correctly most of the time. (strangely, sometimes they do).

If there are other people inside the circle that brings the threat level up, and if you are lower ego and outside of the circle then you will not scale to the threat and therefore will be weaker

crasher
07-30-2015, 01:46 AM
If there are other people inside the circle that brings the threat level up, and if you are lower ego and outside of the circle then you will not scale to the threat and therefore will be weaker
I said that above because I've been just outside a circle sniping or shooting sludge and snipes into the circle, while alone at DM or bug A-falls, and was credited with 0 kills.

I witnessed kills.

And I was alone on the scoreboard.

The game engine has issues keeping track of our hits and score in a number of different types of situations.
This is one.