PDA

View Full Version : I preordered, now what?

Dime
02-13-2013, 07:40 PM
I preordered on the ps3 at gamestop and we're maybe 7 weeks from release, how do i get my "guarenteed beta invite"?

Bee
02-13-2013, 07:45 PM
Now you wait :3

Letus
02-13-2013, 07:48 PM
I have as well. However at this time there is no defined beta. When I asked at the store when I paid the full price for the pc UE they told me that they had no beta keys at the moment, but they would contact me if/when that changed. Given that the 3rd beta has had no details released in north America at the moment I'm content to wait and see.
Now if details are released and I don't get contacted by gamestop within a couple of days I'll be making some inquiries there.

Dime
02-13-2013, 07:54 PM
Ok, but if that were the case then wouldn't saying getting a beta invite with preorder and "guaranteed beta invite with preorder" be false advertisement?

Letus
02-13-2013, 08:00 PM
Not really, as, at this time, there is no beta, just the expectation of one more. Hypothetically, if I where to order say 2 weeks before release I would get no beta invite I expect, as by that time all beta events would likely be over and done with. But the beta invites for folks who had ordered at the appropriate times where given out.

Erk
02-13-2013, 08:01 PM
Ok, but if that were the case then wouldn't saying getting a beta invite with preorder and "guaranteed beta invite with preorder" be false advertisement?

Well, no. You will be guaranteed a beta invite to the 3rd scheduled event. If you had pre-ordered before the first 2 you would have had guaranteed access to those as well. After the 3rd one is announced they may have more, we never know.

If the 3rd one is the last then hopefully they remove that statement once the event has ended.

Dime
02-13-2013, 08:04 PM
I suppose so but i just saw on the forums they just closed 1 on the 10th, and are planning one more before launch (i read a dev post in the forums) so im hoping i can get in.

Dime
02-13-2013, 08:07 PM
Well, no. You will be guaranteed a beta invite to the 3rd scheduled event. If you had pre-ordered before the first 2 you would have had guaranteed access to those as well. After the 3rd one is announced they may have more, we never know.

If the 3rd one is the last then hopefully they remove that statement once the event has ended.

Ok that makes sense, hopefully i can get in, if not i'll just play the crap out of it at release thanks for the info! And yes if they arent going to give ppl access if they preorder now then they should remove that stament...

TurkeyDinner
02-13-2013, 08:10 PM
When 3rd beta is announced you should get an email notifying you about it. As long as you have entered the code on your receipt.

I also pre-ordered on PS3. As far as I know there hasn't been a PS3 beta. But I did get invited to the PC beta. I'm hoping the 3rd beta will be for the console's.

Dime
02-13-2013, 09:18 PM
I hope so too! Its kinda sad and a bit worrying to have not seen a console beta yet... i think if they dont release a console beta i might cancel my preorder until i see some reviews sadly, i'd hate to see a game with such promise turn into dcuo... that would just be tragic with a game as promising as defiance, but i just cant risk spending the money i have for my 1 game until my birthday on a game that they aren't releasing much info on. I get they need to keep story elements a secret but the fact that the consoles are getting the shaft so to speak in the beta also worries me that they're more focused on the pc and the consoles might suffer for it ya know?

Midniteryu
02-13-2013, 09:30 PM
I preordered mine today, ultimate edition for 360. After I got my receipt I entered the code on Trions website and it showed in my code history beta invite so I'm assuming we who preordered must wait until the console beta.

Dime
02-14-2013, 12:05 AM
Yea i got that, and i agree but thats assuming they plan to release a console beta being we're about 7 weeks from launch.

Dead_Phoenix
02-14-2013, 01:28 AM
there is definatly going to be a console beta. its not a matter of IF but WHEN,

average is they normally give around 2 weeks warning before a weekend beta, 1 to inform so people can apply and a second to get the invites sent out.

so if we hear about it this weekend (would be my guess) then the beta may be around first weekend in march. gives enough time before release for final tweeking, but not to for that it wont build up hype.

Cnt W8
02-14-2013, 01:42 AM
Beta event 3 is coming soon. I'm assuming it will be for ps3 but once they announce it they will say for what platforms. Just check your email and the beta page on the website every now and then. You are guarenteed an invite once they start sending them out

Dime
02-14-2013, 03:03 AM
Awsome, you guys rock! Pheonix are those codes you have there usable by all?

Bonden
02-14-2013, 03:10 AM

Yes, yes they are.
http://www.defiance.com/en/my-ego/

Dead_Phoenix
02-14-2013, 04:29 AM

what bonden said yea, i keep it up dated for everyone of every code publicly known. as the signature system works when i update it all my posts update.

so keep an eye out :)

Dime
02-14-2013, 04:35 AM
Ok, for some reason ive only been allowed to enter 2 codes and i get a "unable to complete transmission" error when i try to enter multipal codes in tandum, any ideas on how i can avoid the error and enter the codes?

dreminon
02-14-2013, 04:42 AM
you have to enter them one at a time, and can't copy and paste them.

Dead_Phoenix
02-14-2013, 04:45 AM
Ok, for some reason ive only been allowed to enter 2 codes and i get a "unable to complete transmission" error when i try to enter multipal codes in tandum, any ideas on how i can avoid the error and enter the codes?

unfortunatly rules are 1 code at a time, and there has to be at least 1 key entered from keyboard. best suggestion is copy and paste, then delete the last digit and renter it

DuoMaxwell007
02-14-2013, 06:00 AM

actually you put in that poduct key that wa son the recipt THEN you wait) the beta shoudl be annouced tomorrow

SRod1706
02-14-2013, 07:58 AM
the beta shoudl be annouced tomorrow

I feel a little orphan Annie song coming on.

DuoMaxwell007
02-14-2013, 08:00 AM
I feel a little orphan Annie song coming on.

ooooooookay.. i just hope youre not the one singing it :p

SRod1706
02-14-2013, 08:24 AM
I am and it is terrible.

TurkeyDinner
02-14-2013, 09:36 AM
you have to enter them one at a time, and can't copy and paste them.

I have copy and pasted almost all of my codes with little problem. I noticed it only has a problem if you click the button. So I just hit enter and it works.

Dime
02-14-2013, 02:50 PM
Ok, yea im doing it all via touch screen but ill try the hitting enter thing

Rikochet
02-14-2013, 03:05 PM
My codes just reset to 0 but I simply logged out and in again and it was back to 33

Dime
02-15-2013, 12:00 AM
So far i have to say this community seems the most grown up out of any mmo or forums i've been on... its kinda nice lol anyone gonna be playin on ps3?

TurkeyDinner
02-15-2013, 12:22 AM
I'll be on PS3. I'm also thinking of getting a PC copy.

Dime
02-15-2013, 01:17 AM
Msg me your info turkey & ill add you on pns so we can roll together @launch.