PDA

View Full Version : Season 3: Episode 9 - 'Ostinato in White' Discussion (Spoilers)

Nefarious
07-31-2015, 03:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X25bAwGHME

Out of the pan and into the fire. Defiance traded in the very thing that protected them to save themselves against Rahm's Army. And now with the Stasis Net gone a creature/s of unparalleled ferocity moves in and thrashes through the town killing countless amount of people. And judging by the preview Nolan ends up not knowing how to deal with it.

How will the town of Defiance and most of all Amanda and Alak react to Datak and Stahma Tarr when they return? Amanda gave Datak her word that he and Stahma would be giving pardon for their crimes if Datak went about doing the suicide mission into Rahm's camp. But Amanda never took into consideration that Datak would cut off his arm to survive!

And with T'evgin and Kindzi no longer seeing eye to eye on the future of the Omec Race what turns will their relationship take?

Alastar
07-31-2015, 05:18 PM
Nooooo why did they kill Doc Yewll :mad:

animeangel
07-31-2015, 06:04 PM
I think they are killing way too many characters this season, it's getting annoying.

richardkrainium
07-31-2015, 06:46 PM
final season....

CB2001
07-31-2015, 06:46 PM
Watch the full episode before making a judgement.

Claydough
08-01-2015, 04:05 AM
hmm, seems datak has gone into hiding.

i wonder why he has yet to reach out to stahma?

Vega
08-01-2015, 08:23 AM
          

Sliverbaer
08-01-2015, 12:21 PM
Kinda confusing in this thread about Yewell. Her clones died, not her. She does have an Omec mind control device on her neck.

At least that is how I understand it. (I copied it to my Vita and watched it in the car...)

Chump Norris
08-01-2015, 01:50 PM
Damn no Datak :(

Nefarious
08-01-2015, 02:52 PM
It was a well acted Episode.

And it turns out the Monster was Kindzi all along.

It just feels kinda weird on how the whole story line about Defiance defending itself against Rahm's army abruptly ended, but at the same time its kinda cool on how the show is looking to always introduce something new. Im curious to see were the show aims to go from here with so few episodes left in the season.

Altras
08-01-2015, 05:05 PM
Revenge of the votanis collective season finally?

Nefarious
08-01-2015, 08:49 PM
Revenge of the votanis collective season finally?

As far as what we are told is that Rahm went rouge and his actions did not represent the VC.

But next episode preview shows a VC Emissary being sent to "negotiate a strategic alliance" with Defiance. I don't think the VC are out for revenge but they probably see on how the town is now vulnerable and want to take it.

DEMON
08-02-2015, 08:36 AM
The "alliance" with the VC could stem from 2 possibilities
(1) before getting blown away Rham informed the VC of the OMEC presence in Defiance and Stahma passed on her info on just how many there actually are
(2) Plotting a future power play like the EMC pulled

Big Jack Shepard
08-02-2015, 05:40 PM
A boring and predictable episode. It was a bit of a struggle to sit though.

Escyos
08-02-2015, 06:31 PM
The "alliance" with the VC could stem from 2 possibilities
(1) before getting blown away Rham informed the VC of the OMEC presence in Defiance and Stahma passed on her info on just how many there actually are
(2) Plotting a future power play like the EMC pulled

Rahm Tak had no communication with the VC government, especially after Voske told him to come home. And Stahma no longer passed on any info once Alak came back, no point.

Defiance is obviously of strategic importance, sheltered gulanite mining town to take over the eastern coast. Obviously both the Earth Republic and Rahm Tak thought so.

IrisaLover
08-03-2015, 03:48 PM
Yewll's line about "bling" was the highlight of the episode...

Alastar
08-03-2015, 10:46 PM
I thought the highlight was either Indurs "airtime" ;) or Doc Yewll identifying the Jane Doe as Doc Yewll was the highlight.

PithHelmetIrath
08-04-2015, 05:00 AM
For me, the highlight had to be the part where Kindzi climbed on top of Nolan over in the Lawkeeper's office..

Nefarious
08-04-2015, 02:56 PM
For me, the highlight had to be the part where Kindzi climbed on top of Nolan over in the Lawkeeper's office..

http://i.imgur.com/fZnHF2H.gif

DynastyKris
08-04-2015, 03:21 PM
The first episode in my eyes was the one with the best shock factor i was lik... WTF!!
However im thinking kindzi will somehow wake up and wake the rest and then sh*t will go down!!

IrisaLover
08-04-2015, 04:18 PM

A close second in my opinion :)

Warhorse1000
08-07-2015, 11:14 AM
I know it’s kinda late for this, but I’ll gamely put it out there anyway. It’s been a rough week at the Casa de Jones…I’ve had other things to attend to.

1) Those Flying Purple Indogene Eaters: Thus we see the schism open a little wider between father/leader and daughter/lieutenant. Kindzi is feeling the thrill of the hunt, while her older---and somewhat wiser---father is trying to make a fresh start without all that messy eating-of-other-races issue. Kindzi, meanwhile, has decided that cannibalism is good…and apparently a kind of aphrodisiac, if that scene in the Lawkeeper’s Office is to be believed….

Oh, we are going to see some serious sparks fly…and we thought that tiff between T’evgin and Kindzi (during the episode) was bad. Just wait ‘till the rest of the Omec wake up…

Random rumination: That look on T’evgin’s face at the first crime scene with the scattered remains of Yewll-2…reminded me of the old vampire movies where the vampire comes across his own spoor while in the presence of other people and has to put on a show of repulsion at the sight of it. I’d love to see the gag reel for that scene....I hope Conrad Coates went for it at least once….:)

Random rumination #2: Can I get a round of cyber-applause for Conrad Coates and Nicole Galicia? Seriously, their work this season is really impressive---they’ve earned it. Show ‘em a little love. This is my first time seeing Conrad’s work…damn, he’s good. And I’ve got to go back and watch “Django Unchained” again---I don’t remember Nicole’s part, but now I’m interested.

2) Ender of game: Gotta say, Ender’s suicide doesn’t feel like a very Irathient way to go out. The basic vibe that I’ve always gotten from the Irathients in general is kind of a Russian feel---probably derived from the thick eastern-European-sounding accents from Sukar and Rynn. That, and the fact that the race seems to do well at living off the land in that rough kind of Russian way.

So I’m kinda lost here---certainly it’s easy to see that the character’s grieving hard for the loss of a son, but suicide? Don’t know if that fits with the Irathient mindset. To me, Irathients have always come across as that kind of stubborn irascible sort that won’t kill themselves---they’ll live long and hard enough to make somebody else kill themselves out of frustration from trying to get rid of Irathients.

I guess it was just done to serve the story---the writers/showrunners wanted to push Nolan a little further off the rails.

3) The 800-lb Castithan NOT in the room: So I’ll just put it out there----

----Is Datak truly dead?

There’s no denying that our favorite love-to-hate Casti has taken some major hits this season. When last any of us saw him, he was all alone in the devastation of Rahm Tak’s camp, minus an arm but having regained some semblance of personal honor. It would not be hard to believe that he’s not long for the world, all alone in hellbug country, beaten up, missing an arm, and no home to go back to (that he knows of, anyway).

But we haven’t actually seen him dead…yet.

So is he really dead?

Tough to call. This is SyFy---characters aren’t dead until they’re dead. Even then we tend to see them every so often in flashback scenes, or if there’s some talisman in the Warehouse that can bring them back.

Somehow, I don’t think Datak’s story is quite over.

Random rumination #3: Anybody else think Amanda was showing juuuuust a tiny bit of cattiness with Stahma? I do. And I think it was kinda cool….oh well. That’s just me.

All for now. Let’s see what tonight’s episode brings.

Nefarious
08-07-2015, 11:37 AM
You always make really good reviews on the episode. Never thought about Ender...umm.. ending himself and how it was done. And now that you pointed it out it did seem very un-Irathient of him. But who knows.

Not all Irathients have been shown to be like the Spirit Riders, which are like outside cats. The ones living in Defiance have be accustomed to being indoor cats. Maybe living around Humans influenced them in a lot of ways, just like with any over baring culture.

bejaresh
08-07-2015, 01:02 PM
Thank god ye put spoiler on the thread title this time lolXD