PDA

View Full Version : Supreme Weapons (and others) - Question Collection Thread

Etaew
08-01-2015, 03:52 AM
I'll be heading off to Gamescom next week and will be catching up with LoCarb. If you have any questions you want me to ask him, with the recent Supreme weapon announcement in mind (or others if you prefer) please leave them here.

Claydough
08-01-2015, 04:00 AM
can supreme bonuses be rerolled with the up coming reroll addition?

Olaf
08-01-2015, 05:40 AM
If it does upgrade to supreme can we cancel and try again for a different supreme roll?
Same question but for the roll reroll feature coming this month's patch?
Can you make the roll reroll system allow old guns but ONLY for the epic roll?

YahootsMagoondi
08-01-2015, 05:57 AM
can supreme bonuses be rerolled with the up coming reroll addition?

they've shown this on the live stream and i would assume it is on pts...the reroll goes all the way to supreme.

i would like to know what they are going to do with the old bit store crate jackpots. I have an Assault Rifle and a Desperado, are they going to remember those weapons when they pass through the MKI guns? those are more important to me than any x2/x3 gun i own because they cost me real money.

Haryelds Batista Alves
08-01-2015, 06:29 AM
My friends I think it isn't necessary Supreme Weapons (new weapons). The weapons in Defiance are great! All players have their preferred weapons. I believe that players want mastery your weapons until become them Supreme. For example, in the post above one player has a Desperado (which is a very rare weapon) and I think he want his weapon Supreme. I have a similar weapon to Desperado. I have VBI CS-X Cluster Shot purple and I turned into nano Radiation with mod converter radiation shot. It's my opinion mastery your weapons until turn into Supreme.

Holy Bahamut3
08-01-2015, 06:39 AM
They said they would be looking into getting some of the outfits from lockboxes to the store. I was curious if they had made any progress. I remember them saying there was a hurdle with the coding for those items.

With the Holiday's just around the corner, are we to expect the holiday events to return? The more important question regarding this is would the same synergy weapons be returning (purge for Halloween, Plate Slicer for Thanksgiving, etc)? Also will the same jackpots, titles, and outfits for those events be returning, or can we expect a different line up every year for one or more of those?

Claydough
08-01-2015, 07:10 AM
will they be increasing the the difficulty across the board to compensate for these overpowered supreme weapons?

Infinity Eagle
08-01-2015, 07:19 AM
What about an area on the map where the threat level is Always 10 or above, so that the high ego players have a bigger challenge? (with Good rewards.
And also how about special mods dropping in the expeditions? Such as Spinal Tap and the others

Chump Norris
08-01-2015, 07:24 AM
Can we expect a spike in difficulty to be coming with supreme weapons?

DEATHBRINGER210
08-01-2015, 07:42 AM
when are the pvp changes coming?

Ghost Within
08-01-2015, 07:42 AM
I would like to know if they will bring out the vehicles from december likw the green challenger for the ones who missed out on those.

Olaf
08-01-2015, 07:43 AM
What about an area on the map where the threat level is Always 10 or above, so that the high ego players have a bigger challenge? (with Good rewards.
And also how about special mods dropping in the expeditions? Such as Spinal Tap and the others

That's a great suggestion. Expeditions should drop special Syn mods too at boss.

Hexthat
08-01-2015, 08:10 AM
will they be increasing the the difficulty across the board to compensate for these overpowered supreme weapons?

Unless you get supreme DMG or crit roll, I don't see these weapons being much more powerful.

DEATHBRINGER210
08-01-2015, 08:12 AM
will we be able to reroll rolls on our prepatch guns ?

Mister Derpenhowser
08-01-2015, 08:14 AM
When can we expect some decent content that isn't "intrinsically tied" to the bitstore?

Hexthat
08-01-2015, 08:15 AM
will we be able to reroll rolls on our prepatch guns ?

yes, that was in the stream

or maybe it was something else related to prepatch guns

Altras
08-01-2015, 08:16 AM
I'm not particularly fond of the idea of supreme weapons. I'm worried the collection I've spent years working on will become irrelevant, or that it will take another 1000 hours just to upgrade them all.

Also, why is this even being worked on? There's still dozens of weapons that need buffing, vehicles and heavy weapons have been broken for 2 years, the only new maps (besides silicon valley) have been instances, and the only pvp updating I've heard of that might get looked at within 2015 is balancing? Sorry but I don't agree with the current priorities it seems.

Claydough
08-01-2015, 08:18 AM
yes, that was in the stream

or maybe it was something else related to prepatch guns

no, prepatch guns will roll another purple roll in the supreme spot.

im sure people will be rushing out to upgrade their old weapons for that $250 extra purple roll

PithHelmetIrath
08-01-2015, 08:22 AM
Yeah. I have a question for Mr. Orange Hoodie..

"When will this game be fun to play for an extended period of time again?"

Thorax The Dark
08-01-2015, 10:10 AM
Please ask" Why are you adding more content in the game when they are numerous issues within the game?"

Everyone knows when they release supreme weapons their will be numerous bugs that come with that patch as well. But they still will have new bitstore crates to offer, new weapon synergies for money.

Smokey Black
08-01-2015, 10:31 AM
All you guys saying your old guns will become irrelevant and unusable make it sound like they are nerfing you weapons. If they are good they will remain good.

Anyway my question would be are we going to see a new tier of Supreme Mastery bonus'

& Supreme shields?

Ray8888
08-01-2015, 12:34 PM
Also, why is this even being worked on? There's still dozens of weapons that need buffing, vehicles and heavy weapons have been broken for 2 years, the only new maps (besides silicon valley) have been instances, and the only pvp updating I've heard of that might get looked at within 2015 is balancing? Sorry but I don't agree with the current priorities it seems.

Lightning Rifle, Bug Nades, Radiant Solstice Syn... been broke. Weve had Armistice and Alcatraz roll out since. With the loot table broke on the first and chips broke on the second. The matchmaking is still broke in the expos. They broke Sieges in the meantime. Inventory is a barely usable mess. We hard freeze multiple times a day.

Yeah nows a great time to fix the one thing that works great in the game! And I am sure it will work flawlessly and not break anything else.

richardkrainium
08-01-2015, 12:39 PM
What i dont understand is why would they create a new unbalanced weapon rarity to replace our old ones with....oh ya...i forgot...because bit store

Ray8888
08-01-2015, 12:40 PM
Also who are you targeting here? Retaining current userbase? I think most vets would prefer the above fixed to a new rarity tier. New players? I dont think making the learning curve steeper and making them feel new weapons are even more underpowered is a great starting point.

Chump Norris
08-01-2015, 01:19 PM
All you guys saying your old guns will become irrelevant and unusable make it sound like they are nerfing you weapons. If they are good they will remain good.

Anyway my question would be are we going to see a new tier of Supreme Mastery bonus'

& Supreme shields?

They would essentially be nerfing them by making a new class of weapons that are better. I'm glad they are more opened minded than you and took the time to understand what people were saying.

Tanqueray
08-01-2015, 01:25 PM
atm i feel the difference in pvp between my purple guns vs players with ojs, i still win a few clashes against them but im not upgrading purps to ojs unless i find one with good syn/rolls, and i havent had luck with that yet... but pvp is still fun even with that small disadvantage, I worry that purp vs supreme is not going to be fun. I imagine this will be worse felt with ppl who dont have decent gear for pvp or arent pvpers but want the pursuits done etc or any number of reasons really. My first thought is i need to find a blast rifle that im happy to oj or by some miracle get an oj drop with goid syn/rolls. My second thought makes me crings when i think of supreme RLs and GLs

Just feels like were being gouged when it comes to arkforge and like many others have said, the lack or fixes to problems that shouldve been fixed a long time ago.

If I were ro ask them a question it would simply be why supreme at all? but then the answer seems obvious anyway

Smokey Black
08-01-2015, 01:25 PM
They would essentially be nerfing them by making a new class of weapons that are better. I'm glad they are more opened minded than you and took the time to understand what people were saying.

And you will be able to upgrade your prepatch weapons and get an additional 2% encryption damage bonus and a second epic roll. And for the love of god they are not essentially nerfing them. If they were good they will remain good.

I see a lot of vet players with what they consider to be holy grail weapons getting mad that other players will have weapons of similar power to them.

I am open minded on this and optimistic about it. A lot of others don't seem to be :)

Chump Norris
08-01-2015, 01:46 PM
And you will be able to upgrade your prepatch weapons and get an additional 2% encryption damage bonus and a second epic roll. And for the love of god they are not essentially nerfing them. If they were good they will remain good.

I see a lot of vet players with what they consider to be holy grail weapons getting mad that other players will have weapons of similar power to them.

I am open minded on this and optimistic about it. A lot of others don't seem to be :)

They weren't going to do anything though and that would have been essentially nerfing our old weapons. Where you around when they added the extra rolls to new guns and left our old ones without? I am fine with the 2x epic and damage boost because its better than the nothing we got last time.

Holy Bahamut3
08-01-2015, 01:53 PM
They weren't going to do anything though and that would have been essentially nerfing our old weapons. Where you around when they added the extra rolls to new guns and left our old ones without? I am fine with the 2x epic and damage boost because its better than the nothing we got last time.

Yep what chump said. Last time they flushed months of collecting for everyone that had the audacity to buy this game down the toilet. It was one of he first mass exodus'. This time around they are actively engaging the players and seeking solutions. The game now is WAY better than it was in its first year.

Altras
08-01-2015, 01:54 PM
They would essentially be nerfing them by making a new class of weapons that are better.

Pretty much. $250/9000 akforge to 100% is one reason I wont touch it, another is even if I was to put all of that into a single weapon, id pull 15% grenade/melee crap.

And why should a "collectors" weapon get a lesser bonus, if anything it should get better than new since since its an old gun. And lets just say supreme weapons is implemented flawlessly. Higher tiers would have to be created for balancing, scaling low ego players wouldn't be as effective they're essentially missing stats. Thus giving more advantage to high ego players and widening the gap.

Sorry, I see this whole thing as a waste waste time.

cmpowell
08-01-2015, 01:58 PM

& Supreme shields?

A supreme dmg roll is the same amount as a Prepatch blue and oj dmg combined plus the bonus from being supreme. So in order to make it worth your while to upgrade a Prepatch it would have to already have blue and oj dmg rolls making all other prepatch weapons nerfed.

msummers
08-01-2015, 03:52 PM
From what I have noticed about the different weapons in my inventory (For example, EMC LMG (RARE - 2k EGO) already has a 1.05x MAG (White), 1.10x MAG (Green), 1.25x Crit Mult (Blue), 1.03x DMG (Mastery), with a Mag Mod (1.1x Effect Trigger%), if it were given a rarity upgrade to Purple (EPIC) it would gain another rarity roll on top of what it already has) so in effect if you have a weapon that has 5 differect rarity rolls on it already, giving it a supreme roll would only provide another stat multiplier that may or may not be better than what it already has.

So depending on what a weapon already has on it to begin with, you may end up with either a crappy supreme roll, a decent supreme roll, or a really good supreme roll. Plus I think that the chances on the roll are made better the more ark forge used to purchase the rarity upgrade

Amack
08-01-2015, 04:06 PM
Trion: Houston, we are detecting a very large amount of weapons in your inventory at this time.

Houston: That is correct Trion.

Trion: We also detect that you very rarely use them.

Houston: That is correct Trion.

Trion: ....

Houston: ....

Trion: Houston, may we ask why you are holding on to them for no apparent reason?

Houston: Of course you may ask. We were hoping you would eventually do exactly that.

Houston: If you examine the weapons carefully you will see they hold extreme potential.

Trion: Wouldn't it be a good idea to sell those weapons to players that might actually use them?

Houston: That is the plan Trion.

Trion: ....

Houston: ....

Trion: Is there anything we can do from up here in orbit, that might expedite that process?

Houston: You could design a system to help these weapons fulfill their potential, and in the process charge Houston money in order to do so.

Trion: That is an interesting idea you have there Houston. Please give us time to think about this.

Houston: Take as much time as you need, we have all the necessary oxygen down here.

--Exactly 2 minutes pass--

Trion: How about if we completely redesign the system which would create better weapons for you to collect?

Houston: You are starting to break up Trion. Please repeat your last transmission.

Trion: How about if we completely redesign the system which would create better weapons for you to collect?

Houston: Sorry Trion, there must be an active sunspot disrupting communications. We will try to reestablish communication tomorrow.

--Next Day--

Trion: Do you copy Houston?

Houston: We do copy. We were able to clean up your transmissions from yesterday during the sunspot and just now stopped laughing at your idea.

Trion: Do you have any better ideas Houston?

Houston: We do.

Trion: Will it keep the players happy?

Houston: It will.

Trion: Can it be accomplished by a small team that is floating aimlessly through space?

Houston: It can.

Trion: Will it make us money?

Houston: Our wallets down here say yes.

Altras
08-01-2015, 04:58 PM
Houston: We do copy. We were able to clean up your transmissions from yesterday during the sunspot and just now stopped laughing at your idea.

Trion: Do you have any better ideas Houston?

Houston: We do.

Couldn't be more true. We have a saying in the clan for suggestions: "That's a great idea, so it won't happen."

Yeah nows a great time to fix the one thing that works great in the game! And I am sure it will work flawlessly and not break anything else.

Read my mind.

Skiller115
08-01-2015, 07:31 PM
Does this mean all our encrypted ojs will be useless?

Holy Bahamut3
08-01-2015, 07:37 PM
Does this mean all our encrypted ojs will be useless?

Nope, in fact it may open Pandora's box and allow people to get blue's to Orange again. As destromathe said it is a way to override encryption.

Claydough
08-01-2015, 08:08 PM
Pretty much. $250/9000 akforge to 100% is one reason I wont touch it, another is even if I was to put all of that into a single weapon, id pull 15% grenade/melee crap.

And why should a "collectors" weapon get a lesser bonus, if anything it should get better than new since since its an old gun. And lets just say supreme weapons is implemented flawlessly. Higher tiers would have to be created for balancing, scaling low ego players wouldn't be as effective they're essentially missing stats. Thus giving more advantage to high ego players and widening the gap.

it's been said time and time again and was rasheres main selling point, the new guns with be more powerful and have much much better dps than all one guns.

so why oh why the the more powerful guns get the better supreme rolls when the lesser weapons get the crappy supreme rolls?

Altras
08-01-2015, 08:17 PM
it's been said time and time again and was rasheres main selling point, the new guns with be more powerful and have much much better dps than all one guns.

so why oh why the the more powerful guns get the better supreme rolls when the lesser weapons get the crappy supreme rolls?

Because the weapons with updated stats are already better than prepatch weapons statistically. So why would they get a lesser roll? That would further increase the post patch's weapons dominance over prepatch. Which I get is the point, I'm just really tired of seeing veteran related anything get kicked between the legs.

Amack
08-01-2015, 11:48 PM
Okay, serious question time... and I do mean SERIOUS.

If you answer the first two, I will let you slide on the third.

1. Is there no way for the weapons to determine what bonus rolls already exist and then exclude a certain bonus if needed?

2. Is there no way to set some kind of variable to each bonus and have the system check which variables are already present in the roll calculations?

3. Which idea came first, the supreme tier or the new bonus rolls?

Yeah it's like that now.

I didn't put you in this position, you put yourselves in this position.

How you could have possibly thought this would work is beyond me, and will forever remain that way.

cmpowell
08-02-2015, 01:26 AM
Nope, in fact it may open Pandora's box and allow people to get blue's to Orange again. As destromathe said it is a way to override encryption.

I'd see why you'd think and where youre going with that, but I think that will be locked out quickly if it accidentally makes it to live

heartbreak_courier
08-02-2015, 03:28 AM

Completely agree here, but I think that's the main reason Trion are parting the waters of the Sea of Priorities to push this new weapon rarity. Every update this year has been geared toward making the game more profitable, and adding a tier that (I'm assuming) can only be attained through arkforge upgrades fits the bill. RNG arkforge upgrades, no less. The internet flipped out when they tried to introduce those $100 lockboxes. How is this any different?

Etaew, if you could somehow broach that subject (more tactfully than I'm managing here, of course), could you ask them why there's been such a dramatic downturn in content and fixes in favor of the Bit Store? This Defiance Team is fast approaching the reticent levels of communication that we saw before the restructuring (which they swore wouldn't happen again). You keep a close eye on all of Trion's games. Why is Defiance the black sheep of the bunch as far as updates and the quality of those updates compared to RIFT or Trove?

[Storms away, grumbling "Stasis pods..."] xD

Arcade
08-02-2015, 07:32 AM
Is this seriously going to cost 9000 arkforge? I guess I won't be getting a supreme weapon then... I mean, 9000 AF to gamble on getting a decent upgrade to one of my guns sounds crazy. With my luck, I'd probably get supreme recoil or reload if I ever tried it.

Holy Bahamut3
08-02-2015, 08:23 AM
Is this seriously going to cost 9000 arkforge? I guess I won't be getting a supreme weapon then... I mean, 9000 AF to gamble on getting a decent upgrade to one of my guns sounds crazy. With my luck, I'd probably get supreme recoil or reload if I ever tried it.

The 9000 AF is for a garenteed upgrade. You can spend much less for a small chance to upgrade and get lucky. It's what I plan to do. Essentially they added a AF sink.

Smokey Black
08-02-2015, 08:30 AM

Nothing is final, they were just using 8/9k on PTS. I would assume when it goes live it will be 1/10th of that.

Holy Bahamut3
08-02-2015, 08:37 AM
Nothing is final, they were just using 8/9k on PTS. I would assume when it goes live it will be 1/10th of that.

If it Was 1/10th of that then I'd just do that, but it wouldn't surprise me if they keep the price outrageously high.

Altras
08-02-2015, 08:45 AM
If it Was 1/10th of that then I'd just do that, but it wouldn't surprise me if they keep the prise outrageously high.

Free to Play suddenly isn't so free in 2015

Holy Bahamut3
08-02-2015, 08:50 AM

Yeah, but we knew this would happen when F2P was announced.

Cygnus
08-02-2015, 08:53 AM
I am totally against having a new tier.adding a new tier essentially turns your oranges to grapes and purples to blues.is that what weve worked so hard to get?no! New tier is only good for trion.SHOUT NO,WE DON'T WANT IT.LEAVE OUR GUNS ALONE!!!

Altras
08-02-2015, 08:55 AM
Yeah, but we knew this would happen when F2P was announced.

For sure, but the only real content we've seen this year is temporary arkfalls and Alcatraz. Don't get me wrong, I loved these updates, but now I feel like "Quality over quantity" is no longer a factor here. I'd rather wait half a year for a decent core update than a few months for something that's only going to cost me money to really enjoy.

Edit: I do feel bad feeling so strongly against this, I'm sure Rashere's put a lot of work into it, but that energy could've been better spent on the weapons that made the "to-do" list 6 months ago.

In the meantime, I am excited for private instances, and how Destromathe plans to implement it elsewhere in the game. Organized anything makes everything a lot more fun. (Including inventory cough cough hint hint)

Cobra Crusher
08-02-2015, 09:02 AM

Lol 1/10 of that? Keep dreaming.

PithHelmetIrath
08-02-2015, 09:08 AM

Oh.. the memories of being new to this game again.

Altras
08-02-2015, 09:19 AM
Its a good concept, there's just more important things to work on.

Holy Bahamut3
08-02-2015, 10:22 AM
For sure, but the only real content we've seen this year is temporary arkfalls and Alcatraz. Don't get me wrong, I loved these updates, but now I feel like "Quality over quantity" is no longer a factor here. I'd rather wait half a year for a decent core update than a few months for something that's only going to cost me money to really enjoy.

Edit: I do feel bad feeling so strongly against this, I'm sure Rashere's put a lot of work into it, but that energy could've been better spent on the weapons that made the "to-do" list 6 months ago.

In the meantime, I am excited for private instances, and how Destromathe plans to implement it elsewhere in the game. Organized anything makes everything a lot more fun. (Including inventory cough cough hint hint)

Yeah me and my Fiancée had a long conversation about the missed opportunities and mistakes made by the writers of the show. I of course said similar things about the game. I think things are WAY better now than they were in the first year of this game, but neither the show or the game is living up to its potential. The crossover content was at its best in season 1, and the same could be said about the show. Season 2's crossover content was a step down from season 1, and season 3 is non existent. It seems the game and show are drifting apart, this leads me to believe this may be the shows last season.

cmpowell
08-02-2015, 10:34 AM
during the live stream I noticed the 1af chance went from 20% to 10% and the team keeps defending the 8800af cost as oh that's the guaranteed chance you can get it for much less. the 20% chance went to 200 af and the 30% that they kept using during the live stream was 400af. so I don't think the guaranteed chance price is going anywhere.

when the 20% chance was 1af it took 5-6 tries to upgrade to supreme. when pts comes back up i'm expecting it to take at least 10-12 tries. They have a certain amount they want to make per weapon. we just need to figure out what it is and if its fair for us and them.

The 9000 AF is for a guaranteed upgrade. You can spend much less for a small chance to upgrade and get lucky. It's what I plan to do. Essentially they added a AF sink.

just what no one needed an af sink. we screamed salvage sink and got an af sink, why doesn't it ever work the other way around, lol

I'd also expect this to be an initial cost, until ppl get most of there weapons upgraded. Kinda like they did with the dlc 5 upgrades except instead of an af drop rate nerf those 10% chances will get less likely or they'll drop to 5%

Smokey Black
08-02-2015, 10:45 AM
I don't see the logic.
Upgrade to epic 200 AF
upgrade to legendary 500 AF
upgrade to supreme .....

8000 AF won't even give them revenue because the price to buy is outrageous. If they want to generate bit store money it should be atainable without a car payment. They should tie this in with ark salvage but who knows.

Altras
08-02-2015, 11:24 AM
Had to refinance so I can afford upgrades in a free to play game

Smokey Black
08-02-2015, 11:29 AM
Had to refinance so I can afford upgrades in a free to play game

It's like upgrade two guns in a f2p game or buy a next Gen system..

Ray8888
08-02-2015, 12:07 PM
just what no one needed an af sink. we screamed salvage sink and got an af sink

Strongly agree.

Dreypa
08-02-2015, 12:10 PM

Makes my saturday excursions to cheerleaders seem slightly less expensive lmfao.

heartbreak_courier
08-02-2015, 06:02 PM
Everyone on pts is balls deep in wanting to spend more money on something unnecessary, and devs don't come into general discussion.

Which is a shame. I remember after the F2P transition, they were all over general discussion. Haven't seen Phantasie around in ages.

But the thing about Defiance that has rubbed me the wrong way lately is that, yeah, they keep implementing things that seem to go against what people are clamoring for. Supreme weapons, for instance. No one asked for those. That's why I hope they'll comment on one of the questions I asked during the Q&A. Making a Players Council (https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articles/apply-2015-lotro-players-council) similar to what The Lord of the Rings Online is doing would be great. It would get everyone on the same page as far as what can and can't be accomplished.

For smaller F2P games, creating stuff geared towards what the playerbase is asking for is good for everyone involved. (SWTOR and LotRO got a substantial bump in their playerbase doing just that.) Defiance is the only MMO I play that seems to do its own thing 9 times out of 10. And in the case of that 1 time, Expeditions, which does give EGO capped players a new end game challenge, they integrated it into the Bit Store in such a way that it chased people away (like some of the friends I play with). No one wants a mobile game energy gate in their MMO.

Amack
08-02-2015, 06:20 PM
How does that saying go? Something about a one car funeral?

Warhorse1000
08-02-2015, 06:39 PM

Geez....you don't want anything easy, do you? How about the entire world, with a red bow on it?

Seriously, this will NEVER happen.

Warhorse1000
08-02-2015, 06:40 PM
I'll be heading off to Gamescom next week and will be catching up with LoCarb. If you have any questions you want me to ask him, with the recent Supreme weapon announcement in mind (or others if you prefer) please leave them here.

How about ask him if us mere mortals---who DON'T spend $1000 a month on bits---can actually have access to these so-called "supreme" weapons?

Amack
08-02-2015, 06:46 PM
Haven't seen Phantasie around in ages.

At this point, I fear the worst.

Hopefully, they just have him working on the new game.

SanCarioca
08-02-2015, 08:08 PM
Supreme weapons are definitely not a priority (bugs are, seconded by inventory management, in my opinion), not even a necessity or desirable feature in the game. I understand Trion owns the game, though, and it's their decision to make with it as they please. As players and customers, we have several options about that kind of behavior. I'll take a "wait and see" approach on this one.

That being said, Etaew, I don't know why you have focused on being a messenger with Trion exactly about questions on Supreme Weapons, but of course, I appreciate your effort. You didn't need to do this.

So, in regarding to what you asked, here are the most important questions about Supreme Weapons, in my opinion:

1) Will Supreme weapons be available as free drops in the game, somehow? Let me be clear on that: will there be any way, any form, any specific event, where we'll be able to actually "win" a Gold Weapon (as I recall from the last livestream, Gold will be the color of Supreme Weapons), as drops from a Warmaster event, or an Elite Lockbos purchaseable with keys, or anything you might think of?

2) Exact same question above, but regarding purchases in the Bit Store: will purchaseable lockboxes have the chance to drop already rolled Supreme Weapons?

3) Finally, will future Jackpots (free or paid) be Supreme Weapons, or remain at the Legendary level?

If you are willing to acccept constructive questions besides the ones concerning Supreme weapons, let me know. I always have a ton of them with me.

Skiller115
08-02-2015, 08:24 PM
Supreme weapons are definitely not a priority (bugs are, seconded by inventory management, in my opinion), not even a necessity or desirable feature in the game. I understand Trion owns the game, though, and it's their decision to make with it as they please. As players and customers, we have several options about that kind of behavior. I'll take a "wait and see" approach on this one.

That being said, Etaew, I don't know why you have focused on being a messenger with Trion exactly about questions on Supreme Weapons, but of course, I appreciate your effort. You didn't need to do this.

So, in regarding to what you asked, here are the most important questions about Supreme Weapons, in my opinion:

1) Will Supreme weapons be available as free drops in the game, somehow? Let me be clear on that: will there be any way, any form, any specific event, where we'll be able to actually "win" a Gold Weapon (as I recall from the last livestream, Gold will be the color of Supreme Weapons), as drops from a Warmaster event, or an Elite Lockbos purchaseable with keys, or anything you might think of?

2) Exact same question above, but regarding purchases in the Bit Store: will purchaseable lockboxes have the chance to drop already rolled Supreme Weapons?

3) Finally, will future Jackpots (free or paid) be Supreme Weapons, or remain at the Legendary level?

If you are willing to acccept constructive questions besides the ones concerning Supreme weapons, let me know. I always have a ton of them with me.

To have a question answered, please insert 10 bits!

Octo
08-02-2015, 09:07 PM
Supreme weapons are definitely not a priority (bugs are, seconded by inventory management, in my opinion), not even a necessity or desirable feature in the game.

Basically, yes.
We don't need another roll, we need a better game.
Right now we almost can't get a decent legendary, or even a decent purple because every single crate is full of vendor food (yes, every single one, bitstore boxes included) so we have nothing to upgrade except our old guns, but they are good enough.

The rewards are not interesting/rewarding at all (I started playing this game a year ago, and I just realized that... I almost got nothing good in one year, 95% of my cools guns are from trades, the others are upgraded purples bought from a random vendor, 0 good reward in one year, ha ! #mylifeindefiance). And, the rewards are random ! We don't need supreme guns to win random rewards, a fist is enough !

We could use a couple Supremes for expeditions, but... we can also not use them. Same result. And I don't want to talk about the stability/performance issues. I can run GTAV on ultra but sometimes Defiance on low settings is like playing F-Zero X on N64 with 4 drunk players. On drugs. And one-eyed. Listening to a Maroon 5 song. And r... well forgot about Maroon 5, it's not that bad. But still, if you get dced or if you have an horrible framerate, you can't play properly so you don't need Supreme guns. You don't need guns at all actually because you're probably dead. :D

Defiance has too much RNG, and now you want to add Supreme RNG on top of the actual RNG ! Because let's be honest, we can use 67m AF to get the supreme roll on a gun, but we can also roll a supreme Recoil on a bolt action Sniper, right ?
So, please forget about the Supreme Weapons, you can work on something more useful. Like... eh, you removed the weird purple rolls, so you can remove the weird masteries now ! You can fix the bugs, work on the inventory, friendlist, clanlist, the loot table, you can create new ennemies and you can add all the lockbox outfits in the bitstore.
Or... well, if you like gold rolls/guns you can recreate the Golden Gun. You know, Goldeneyes/The Man with the Golden Gun. It's a good compromise. :o

Amack
08-02-2015, 09:17 PM
I can run GTAV on ultra but sometimes Defiance on low settings is like playing F-Zero X on N64 with 4 drunk players. On drugs. And one-eyed. Listening to a Maroon 5 song. And r... well forgot about Maroon 5, it's not that bad. But still, if you get dced or if you have an horrible framerate, you can't play properly so you don't need Supreme guns. You don't need guns at all actually because you're probably dead. :D

By far one of the most funny things I've read on these forums... and I've read a lot.

heartbreak_courier
08-02-2015, 10:00 PM
Will Supreme weapons be available as free drops in the game, somehow? Let me be clear on that: will there be any way, any form, any specific event, where we'll be able to actually "win" a Gold Weapon (as I recall from the last livestream, Gold will be the color of Supreme Weapons), as drops from a Warmaster event, or an Elite Lockbos purchaseable with keys, or anything you might think of?

Unless this was already brought up in the livestream (was late to the party on Friday) or elsewhere on the PTS forum, my cynical side has me guessing that they won't drop in the open world. I'm thinking they'll only be obtainable as a jackpot weapon, probably, or through arkforge purchases.

All just speculation, but I'd be shocked to see them appear in the standard loot tables. There was a reason the RNG was so bad during Midsummer Mutiny. All of this year's updates have been geared towards the Bit Store, and I'm guessing arkforge sold pretty well during that event. I know LoCarb said the increased rarity was to make people feel more unique when they looted that rare drop. I get the argument, but I didn't buy it.

In other MMOs, you know just by looking at someone when they have a unique weapon. It's plain as day. In Defiance (correct me if I'm wrong), but they don't even incorporate new models for jackpot weapons. All of this seems like they are putting the carriage before horse. Like trying to make us feel unique before giving us a means to show off, or incorporating a Trade Chat when you can't link weapons.

(I swear, I'm nearing my rant quota. xD)

Amack
08-02-2015, 11:52 PM
Unless this was already brought up in the livestream (was late to the party on Friday) or elsewhere on the PTS forum, my cynical side has me guessing that they won't drop in the open world. I'm thinking they'll only be obtainable as a jackpot weapon, probably, or through arkforge purchases.

I can almost promise you that unfortunately. If anything, players will begin to see an increase in orange drops from events / wm etc.

Bentu
08-03-2015, 12:13 AM

Yes please ask him this, now that everything in the game is fixed is this the kind of thing that they should be working on.
I mean with all those devs twiddling thier thumbs wouldn't it be kind of fun to be working on a new and exciting area of the map. Unless of course that's what you're doing and this supreme synergy is just a little something to keep us entertained until that new land mass is ready.

PithHelmetIrath
08-03-2015, 05:09 AM

Given the choices, the correct answer should be obvious..

Altras
08-03-2015, 05:40 AM
Yes please ask him this, now that everything in the game is fixed is this the kind of thing that they should be working on.
I mean with all those devs twiddling thier thumbs wouldn't it be kind of fun to be working on a new and exciting area of the map. Unless of course that's what you're doing and this supreme synergy is just a little something to keep us entertained until that new land mass is ready.

I really hope your right Bentu.

Thorax The Dark
08-03-2015, 09:32 AM
I really hope your right Bentu.

Why dont they fix the already exisiting "New" landmass we call silicon valley first. Anyone else forget about that.

New land masses in defiance probably won't help the game much.

PithHelmetIrath
08-03-2015, 10:13 AM
Why dont they fix the already exisiting "New" landmass we call silicon valley first. Anyone else forget about that.

Oh-- I haven't forgotten that. And for people to think a new Defiance landmass is currently "in the works" is nothing short of comical.

Amack
08-03-2015, 10:17 AM
Oh-- I haven't forgotten that. And for people to think a new Defiance landmass is currently "in the works" is nothing short of comical.

We shall call it... The Land of Soon.

Bentu
08-03-2015, 10:45 AM

New land masses in defiance probably won't help the game much.

That's the point of my post, or don't you get sarcasm?
There's so much that still needs work in the game that these bits store cash grabs are laughable.
As you said Death Valley needs work but I'd be happy with the landmass north of IDR being opened up for the high egos to discover and explore. Some new enemies or badass volge or just something to break up the boredom.

But before any of that this games issues need addressing.

Altras
08-03-2015, 11:41 AM
But before any of that this games issues need addressing.

yes, Yes, YES.

Sevrin
08-03-2015, 02:08 PM
I started playing this game a year ago, and I just realized that... I almost got nothing good in one year

^^^^ this. I have had the same experience for the last year and would really like an explanation of why?

Etaew
08-03-2015, 04:49 PM
I'm going to have "fun" sifting through this for questions :p I leave Wednesday evening (UK), and will grab them before then.

Amack
08-03-2015, 04:58 PM
Sorry bout that pal. Had to be done. :o

I figured it was better than showing up to the show myself.

Ryu Soba JP
08-03-2015, 05:18 PM
I'm not particularly fond of the idea of supreme weapons. I'm worried the collection I've spent years working on will become irrelevant, or that it will take another 1000 hours just to upgrade them all.

I agree with this. I'd much rather see many of the bugs fixed before any supreme weapons. I also think this will devalue the gear we all have worked for. Making these items no longer relevant.

CM Kiwibird
08-03-2015, 05:28 PM
I'd much rather see many of the bugs fixed

Hey there folks, to add to this, we will be having a bug bash this month! This was suggested in past Q&A gathering threads. Keep an eye out for news on this in the announcements section.

heartbreak_courier
08-03-2015, 05:30 PM
I'm going to have "fun" sifting through this for questions :p I leave Wednesday evening (UK), and will grab them before then.

Haha! I know my "questions" very quickly turned into rants, but serious thanks for doing this, Etaew. I'm looking forward to reading the interview. =D

DEATHBRINGER210
08-03-2015, 05:33 PM
ask them why do they keep nerfing the rewards

Soul Binder
08-03-2015, 06:37 PM
Will they be removing the upgrade lock on weapons with the addition of Supreme?

I worked hard both chasing events and trading in game just to get purple guns I could upgrade to OJ.
Would be seriously torqued off if when Supreme got added to live I couldn't upgrade any of those weapons because their rarity was locked from the previous upgrade.

For that matter is there any chance that the upgrade lock will be removed period since they've changed the roll system to prevent multiple rolls of same bonus?

That multiple same bonus roll is to my understanding why they implemented the rarity upgrade lock in first place.

Currently there is no reason to keep white or green weapons, even the unique ones you get from missions as they ultimately can't compete.

Go back to letting me upgrade rarity on weapons multiple times and I'll have a lot more incentive to keep those unique weapons and work on upgrading say hard to find/rare weapons from greens and blues instead of just vending them automatically or crushing them for more useless salvage.

SanCarioca
08-03-2015, 06:49 PM
Hey there folks, to add to this, we will be having a bug bash this month! This was suggested in past Q&A gathering threads. Keep an eye out for news on this in the announcements section.

I love you, Trion. I love you, Kiwi. All is forgiven between us, now.

Please, count on me to work on a system to list and prioritize the top issues fellow Arkhunters want to see addressed first. Please, let's first collect, then organize, then prioritize, THEN smash the bugs. Everyone will take their fair share of responsibility on this.

THE ONLY GOOD BUG IS A DEAD BUG! DO YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE?

Altras
08-03-2015, 09:39 PM
Would you consider this overkill?

http://i.imgur.com/lEmUdA9.jpg (http://imgur.com/lEmUdA9)

PithHelmetIrath
08-04-2015, 05:06 AM
ask them why do they keep nerfing the rewards

Nerfing the rewards increases bit store sales.

#developerlogic

Logain
08-04-2015, 05:53 AM
Eatew, thanks for doing this. There are a lot of questions about game direction and the Supreme Weapon implementation so I will not add onto those questions but could you ask LoCarb these three questions:

1. Is there anyway to get another jackpot or two with the Pandemonium synergy on it? I am thinking a Ranger variant and a Quickshot Blaster variant would go nicely with radiation and fire respectively to complement Order and Chaos. Shoot could even name them Pain and Misery.

2. Is there anyway for Trion to have a competition or drawing that would allow the lucky winner(s) to help design a future Jackpot weapon? Could even have multiple winners and have each winner design an event jackpot gun.

3. Finally, will there be more Purge and Plate Slicer weapons in the Halloween and Thanksgiving events or will there be a different synergy available? If the same synergy is used will there different guns in the event pool?

Many thanks!

Etaew
08-04-2015, 06:54 AM
2. Is there anyway to have a for Trion to have a competition or drawing that would allow the lucky winner(s) to help design a future Jackpot weapon? Could even have multiple winners and have each winner design an event jackpot gun.

Remember the outfit competition we just ran? we also have a weapon builder tool, this is something I have asked about :)

Logain
08-04-2015, 07:07 AM
2. Is there anyway for Trion to have a competition or drawing that would allow the lucky winner(s) to help design a future Jackpot weapon? Could even have multiple winners and have each winner design an event jackpot gun.

Remember the outfit competition we just ran? we also have a weapon builder tool, this is something I have asked about :)

I have used your Weapon Builder many times! :)

Please convince him to make this happen!

For having the ability to design a Jackpot gun would be AWESOME!

Mito
08-09-2015, 12:43 PM

It really started with the Expeditions: practically taking away cores for free to play.

Also: I need to write a guide for free to play players so that they won't do anything stupid, like waste their arkforge trying to upgrade. It seems like it would be much better to just sell off all oj inventory and start anew.

Cygnus
08-09-2015, 01:11 PM
How can they create a currency for leveling,upgrading and reseting masteries and then leave all that gear out of the upcoming change? How can we trust dev and continue to invest in this game when they totally scew us like this

Cygnus
08-09-2015, 01:14 PM
It seems like it would be much better to just sell off all oj inventory and start anew.

They mentioned in the past that increasing inventory cap would cause lag.maybe this is their solution to fix lag and dcs by clearing everyones inventory.lol

Iceberg
08-09-2015, 04:02 PM
It really started with the Expeditions: practically taking away cores for free to play.

Also: I need to write a guide for free to play players so that they won't do anything stupid, like waste their arkforge trying to upgrade. It seems like it would be much better to just sell off all oj inventory and start anew.

This could be most helpful for returning players.

Ray8888
08-09-2015, 07:16 PM
Anyone else see a pattern here?
Scrip - shutting down areas that are easier to "farm"
Cores - now tied to expos
AF - now capped
Next... making sure your HR keeps running if youre not playing. Because thats a more important fix than the hard freezes, or inventory or the broken weapons that have not been fixed. If you started playing today how overwhelming would the "long fufilling chase" seem? Would you stick around? So you feel like the only option to get ahead is the Bitstore. But your asking people for money before they even get a chance to fall in love with the game. And Supremes are making an already steep learning curve impossible for new players.

rita mortis
08-09-2015, 10:13 PM
What about making purple named guns able to be made up to supreme even if you are unable to upgrade the rest twice .
El guapo, el presidente, trick'd out, havoc , an' taxes all deserve to be made supreme

sixsais
08-10-2015, 09:41 AM
Anyone else see a pattern here?
Scrip - shutting down areas that are easier to "farm"
Cores - now tied to expos
AF - now capped
Next... making sure your HR keeps running if youre not playing. Because thats a more important fix than the hard freezes, or inventory or the broken weapons that have not been fixed. If you started playing today how overwhelming would the "long fufilling chase" seem? Would you stick around? So you feel like the only option to get ahead is the Bitstore. But your asking people for money before they even get a chance to fall in love with the game. And Supremes are making an already steep learning curve impossible for new players.

^ I agree with this, and everything Octo (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?220827-Supreme-Weapons-(and-others)-Question-Collection-Thread&p=1801188&viewfull=1#post1801188) said.
There are far more pressing (many)issues to work on than a new, shiny roll. When RNG mostly gets you blues, nanoless purples with backpack syns and legendaries with bad rolls, what's the point of introducing a new roll that you won't be able to get on at least half of the good weapons you do have? It seems like a frivolous, elitist development that doesn't really have the majority of the players' enjoyment in mind.

How about implementing a chat system in the trading window so we don't have to cancel trades halfway through if we have a question? Or being able to select multiple items you want to trade/move, instead of the slow system we have now? Just to name a couple of things that would be far more interesting to me (aside from all the bugs and issues already listed multiple times in the forums) than a new roll applicable only to a third of the weapons in my inventory, at most.

Cygnus
08-10-2015, 08:07 PM
Question:how soon will supreme tier be implemented weeks,months?will we get advance notice of a specific date when the launch of supreme tier and red lock will be implemented?or will this be a suprise patch in the middle of the week like when the new roll system launched.

Thank you,
Cygnus