PDA

View Full Version : Good Bye To Forge Runs

KILLSHOT707
08-03-2015, 07:19 PM
Go check out the threads on PTS. This new change is going to make a lot of people leave or mad in general. A cap of 250 a week on forge is a joke and is this just a way to make money at the bit store? With on up coming changes to rarity upgrade to supreme now this? Wow, I find this a slap to the face.What next patron pass will cost more? Lets stop this now before this goes live!

Hey there folks, we don't want to discourage feedback on the Public Test Server, but please discuss these changes in the original thread on our PTS forums. (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?220945) If you'd like to discuss the changes on PTS, please make sure to use that thread or an existing thread so that we can keep track of your feedback.

Please remember to keep all feedback respectful and constructive.

Here's a link to the original thread for discussion and feedback. (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?220945)

Ghost Within
08-03-2015, 07:22 PM
Go check out the threads on PTS. This new change is going to make a lot of people leave or mad in general. A cap of 250 a week on forge is a joke and is this just a way to make money at the bit store? With on up coming changes to rarity upgrade to supreme now this? Wow, I find this a slap to the face.What next patron pass will cost more? Lets stop this now before this goes live!

I second this! I am tired of paying money for this game to get useless stuff like ego boost, weapon experience boost & such. I LOVE this game but idk bout the way it is heading. There should not be a arkforge cap at all.

stefb42
08-03-2015, 07:32 PM
Wow, I find this a slap to the face.What next patron pass will cost more? Lets stop this now before this goes live!

Umm you'd best not look in the news and announcement forum :{

Sea_Jay
08-03-2015, 07:44 PM
Ya, Nurfing things and making things more expensive is basically breach of contract, if you paid for it...
If you Free Play - it just doesn't matter. ONLY FREE PLAY and stop buying bits.

I have 1 character I spent A LOT on, yup $$$.$$ - I'm that dumb!
I have a second character I spent basically ZERO on... Ego upgrades move just a little slower,
but everything is almost EXACTLY the same.

You can play the full game for free, no problems.
The next step up is the DLC - buy the season pass - and you literally get everything the game could offer you.
Need more? Just sign up as a patron, daily and weekly allowance is more than enough.

But honestly, Free is good enough for a game with only 3 actions:
shoot, drive, modify.

HONESTLY: THREE ACTIONS ?

If you got some $$$ you feel like spending, Fallout 4 is on pre-order from STEAM,
or just grab any other game on sale ...

With only 3 actions - DEFIANCE is literally mindless and lacks any sort of challenges or skill building.

Truly only PvP is enjoyable - at least the human players don't just stand there and get shot in the face.

Free to play: Delete any payment information and refuse to buy bits.

Play Free : They promised it would stay free and hold them too it.

Arcade
08-03-2015, 07:55 PM
Seriously? A limit on how much AF we can earn per week? How can they possibly think this is a good idea?

It's like they don't even want us to play... the RNG is forever in between the player and the loot, so no matter how well a person does on a given mission, you still have a good chance of walking away empty handed. It takes forever to earn keys and faction rep, and even after you accumulate enough to buy something, here comes the RNG yet again giving you T4 mods you can't use and an endless supply of blue shotguns. They go out of their way to "fix" any and all farming locations... and now they are just flat out stopping us from earning arkforge, no matter how well we do and no matter how often we play? This is absolutely ridiculous.

Elucidate
08-03-2015, 08:02 PM
Umm you'd best not look in the news and announcement forum :{

only the 15 day changes...

also to anyone that hasnt read the posting yet, it states that this will only affect F2P players

so if youre currently already paying for a patron pass, you can move along as none of the updates really matter for you

Arcade
08-03-2015, 08:10 PM

also to anyone that hasnt read the posting yet, it states that this will only affect F2P players

so if youre currently already paying for a patron pass, you can move along as none of the updates really matter for you
Hm... If they're only hamstringing F2P, then I guess it's not that bad. I still don't like this change, but it's not like we can really complain since the game is otherwise free... of course, if they had made this change a little sooner, I'd never have wasted my money on loadout slots, inventory, patron passes, or DLC for this game. I never expected them to impose all of these restrictions so soon after I started, but I guess I got my money's worth before all this crap went down so I can't really complain.

Still, this change on top of all the other issues make me really not want to play Defiance... Even with the patron pass, the RNG is a pain in the butt. Well, it was good while it lasted...

edit: Actually, after reading the stated reasons behind this decision on the PTS forum I take back what I said. I think we do have cause to complain, especially in light of that absurd explanation they gave for why they're doing this... but I'm just going to leave it at that since I don't really feel like ranting right now.

Smokey Black
08-03-2015, 08:13 PM

How could consortium corner the market for maximum profits if everyone else bounces,

Alastar
08-03-2015, 08:23 PM
Nothing surprising here. Just yet another reason to give Trion a longer more fulfilling chase to my wallet.

Mayday
08-03-2015, 08:50 PM
On a normal day I do 3-5 sieges, 1-2 major arkfalls and 2 or 3 co-op missions. Add all the contracts to this and I guarantee I'm getting at least 100+ arkforge a day if not more. See, that's the thing, if I want to play for ten hours and gain 300+ arkforge or whatever it should be my choice. They are putting a limit on how much you can actually "productively" play the game.

Arcade
08-03-2015, 08:52 PM
Nothing surprising here. Just yet another reason to give Trion a longer more fulfilling chase to my wallet.
lol Well played... I needed a good laugh. xD

Hexthat
08-03-2015, 09:01 PM
Trion can try w/e in PTS, if forge limit make it to live then we have problems...

Check me out
08-03-2015, 09:23 PM
This isnt right for alot people so many going to qit the game just like when expo came out

Altras
08-03-2015, 10:35 PM
Well when there's no one left to buy anything in the bit store, maybe they'll look back and think:
"Maybe we shouldn't have ****ed them so hard, every chance we had"

Iceberg
08-03-2015, 10:37 PM
Sounds like they are trying to kill two birds with one stone with this. Fund their new IP and kill off their non lucrative IP.

Keziah
08-03-2015, 10:59 PM
Trion seems to think that this game is a lot better than it actually is.
There's not enough to it to keep getting our money.

I'm going to be quitting the game if this af crap comes out.

Another vet gone..

NullWolf
08-03-2015, 11:42 PM
this doesn't affect 98% of the playerbase according to them yet they're doing it anyways just to punish the 2% that do.

Things like this remind why I've never felt the urge to pay any actual money into this game

>inb4 arkforge payouts are cut in half to what they are now

Claydough
08-04-2015, 12:27 AM
Sounds like they are trying to kill two birds with one stone with this. Fund their new IP and kill off their non lucrative IP.

and we are now just an experiment

Octo
08-04-2015, 12:47 AM
Supreme Weapons

A new tier of rarity is available for your weapons!

The chance of success for upgrading to a supreme will be 10%. More Arkforge can be added to increase this change, however the cost goes up more the higher you go.

Hey Ark Hunters,
In the upcoming PTS build, players will have a weekly cap for Arkforge

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/doc-rivers.gif

Dreypa
08-04-2015, 01:00 AM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/doc-rivers.gif

You forgot to mention the removal of 1k arkforge from Arktech dlc. Giant well played to their marketing team, they think they are slick.

DEPHIC
08-04-2015, 02:10 AM
this doesn't affect 98% of the playerbase according to them yet they're doing it anyways just to punish the 2% that do.

Things like this remind why I've never felt the urge to pay any actual money into this game

>inb4 arkforge payouts are cut in half to what they are now

That 2% is probably the percentage of active accounts still playing after all these nerfs.

heartbreak_courier
08-04-2015, 02:13 AM

I know it's only for F2P players, and we should definitely expect price changes and restrictions, but this change rubs me the wrong way.

Current Cost for Patron Pass for 1 Month: $10

Current Cost for Patron Pass for 15 Days: 400 Bits, or $5

That makes sense monetarily, but once the new change goes into effect the Bit price for the 15 day pass (500 Bits) will be just high enough that you'll have to pay for two packs of Bits. So now, unless you happen to purchase more Bits for other reasons, you'll have to spend $10 to pay for 15 days of Patron.

So you'll be spending the same amount of money for a 30 day pass to get your 15 day pass, which makes no sense. It seems like they really want people to just purchase the 30 days, since that's the amount of money they'll be spending anyway. I don't really like that.

I really wish they'd remove the whole Bits system altogether and just do straight prices, like they did with Trove.

Acedawize
08-04-2015, 03:18 AM
I agree. It's funny how every time they scheme up a new way to grab money from us all it's down played because ppl want to say it only effects one type of player. This effect every body who actually like this game. If they actually fixed bugs and made new content I would be cool but all their actions pushes for ways to make the game less about gameplay and more about how many suckers will fall for this next robbery.

TheStigsCousin
08-04-2015, 03:48 AM
I take offense to some people saying "Oh, this just affects the f2p players."
So it makes it ok to punish players that have started playing in the last year or players that don't spend real money in supposedly "free" game?
I started playing in October of last year when a friend told me it was f2p on the xbox. After playing a few days, I bought a new standard version and a couple of the dlc's. I got tired of the lag and bugs on xbox so I decided to move over to the pc. I bought a new ultimate edition for pc in January. Between then and May I spent a few hundred dollars on bits. But because I didn't start playing before it went f2p I have to be punished and looked down upon like a lesser class citizen?
This high and mighty, "I'm better than you because I've been here longer" attitude is almost as ridiculous as an arkforge cap and both need to go away.

Bentu
08-04-2015, 03:49 AM

No wonder there was the huge change to the terms and conditions attached to the last patch.

I've not played much recently but things like this just make me think why bother.

This high and mighty, "I'm better than you because I've been here longer" attitude is almost as ridiculous as an arkforge cap and both need to go away.

Your wrath is miss directed, Trion have set the boundaries so it doesn't matter what any of the vets or newer players who've bought the game think.

Chump Norris
08-04-2015, 04:46 AM
If 250 really is the limit then mastery resets need to go back to using ark salvage..

also..

http://i.imgur.com/PLJ9dxe.png

Two weeks for a supreme roll change unless they change AF costs again :(

PithHelmetIrath
08-04-2015, 04:46 AM
Trion seems to think that this game is a lot better than it actually is.
There's not enough to it to keep getting our money.

I'm going to be quitting the game if this af crap comes out.

Another vet gone..

.. and I couldn't agree more.

Hexthat
08-04-2015, 04:47 AM
would be nice to get some way of earning bits from playing, a play to pay system

Mr B
08-04-2015, 05:14 AM

Wow.
Just wow.
What the hell Trion.
You might as well just shut the servers down now.
With everything coming, you put a weekly limit on arkforge gains for non-patron users?
Well maybe it's time to finally move on...

Holy Bahamut3
08-04-2015, 07:26 AM
Well when there's no one left to buy anything in the bit store, maybe they'll look back and think:
"Maybe we shouldn't have ****ed them so hard, every chance we had"

Doubtful, last year roughly about this time their was a string of bad decisions including a reward nerf, WM timer, and an insult that was never retracted. Those decisions continue to this day. This is becoming a yearly thing.

WhiteKnight019
08-04-2015, 08:01 AM
Maybe it is intended to use as a form of population control. They use these drastic, population dropping changes, lose a whole bunch of people so the servers perform better without them having to do the work to make them more stabile. Its genius. Glad a great list of games are about to come out. Gears of War: Ultimate, fallout 4, halo 5, another COD. lots of things to play.

David Irwin
08-04-2015, 08:25 AM
recent changes only convince me more, not to spend another dime on this game. I don't yet even have all the dlc... but why bother. if devs focused on tightening up gameplay, making things run smoother , removing bugs I would have no issues buying more dlc, or more inventory, or whatever. but rather than improve quality they only add more restriction and penalize the top players... take away more rewards when the whole point of the game is to play for these rewards... makes no sense at all.

Thorax The Dark
08-04-2015, 08:59 AM
goodbye defiance

Happy Madison
08-04-2015, 09:24 AM
IM already done with this game its basically not f2p if you gotta buy stuff in order to actually do stuff in this game

Fallen_Aingeal
08-04-2015, 09:25 AM
People are seriously surprised by this? C'mom...

Look through the archives of the forum. Things in this game get nerfed when they are talked about a lot. This isn't the first time and definitely won't be the last time.

In order for things to not get nerfed, they can't be talked about. Alls those threads about the "best way to get scrip", "make xxx amount of forge an hour", etc. surely are also noted by the team. People are getting butthurt over something that was inevitable to take place.

Snapcase
08-04-2015, 09:26 AM
As others have stated, this is a slap to the face.

This is an unabashed cash grab, and to try and word it in any other way is an insult to player intelligence, a slap to the face.

In the original post on the PTS thread Destro said "We sincerely appreciate any testing and feedback that you can provide for this change on the PTS". I have yet to see any positive feedback regarding this topic. If this is implemented despite what the player base feels then it's another slap in the face.

I am a new player and I enjoy playing when the servers allow, and enjoy the community most of all. I had planned on getting patron again and at least one of the DLC packs when I get my raise in the next few weeks, but seeing things like this are making me second guess that decision. I'm not one to turn the other cheek when I get slapped, preferring instead to walk away. I was interested in Devilian, but I can't imagine that Trion would run things any differently there. If I walk it wouldn't be form Defiance alone but from the company as a whole.

PithHelmetIrath
08-04-2015, 09:29 AM
This isn't the first time and definitely won't be the last time.

Fixed that for you, sir..

Gaige12
08-04-2015, 09:36 AM
I've said it before. She's circlin' the drain and pickin' up speed.

David Irwin
08-04-2015, 09:43 AM
just because "its to be expected" does not mean it is acceptable..

Keziah
08-04-2015, 09:44 AM
In the original post on the PTS thread Destro said "We sincerely appreciate any testing and feedback that you can provide for this change on the PTS". I have yet to see any positive feedback regarding this topic. If this is implemented despite what the player base feels then it's another slap in the face.

This is the first time I've seen ALL the players agreeing with each other. That would be a sign that Trion is screwing up..Very bad.

Fallen_Aingeal
08-04-2015, 10:04 AM
Fixed that for you, sir..

Thank you. edited.

Midnight
08-04-2015, 10:04 AM
This is the first time I've seen ALL the players agreeing with each other. That would be a sign that Trion is screwing up..Very bad.

Still waiting for the "Trion doesn't owe you anything" crowd...

Ray8888
08-04-2015, 10:10 AM
Still waiting for the "Trion doesn't owe you anything" crowd...

That's a crowd of one. Lol
This is the most blatant middle finger to the user base possible. I thought having the dailies tied to expos was bad but this is ridiculous.

Fallen_Aingeal
08-04-2015, 10:11 AM
Don't misinterpret my earlier post.

I don't agree with this any more than any of you. I've just come to expect this type of bad decision making over the last 2 years. If it's so bad that it alters the way I play the game then I'll quit playing. Each major change has had the same affect on me, "wait and see".

One thing I do know. It doesn't matter what we, as the player base say. It doesn't matter how loud or repetitive it's said. It falls on higher corporate deaf ears.

Because shotties, SAWs, 1st inventory obliteration, nades, bad scaling, bad rng, 2nd inventory obliteration, lock keepers/breakers, reload nerf {zaggers}, upgrading from common, broken expeditions, stasis pods. Take your pick......

Free2play
08-04-2015, 10:14 AM
I made several posts about this game downfall, even left a goodbye thread. However i didn't actually quit, i was. But what i decided to do, because they won't listen, and the game does seems to be dying , due to the low population, barely 1100 is a bad sign IMO. I'm just not going to give them anymore money, other than me spending 8 bucks on the ultimate edition next week.

Maybe when everyone stop spending real money, they will wake up and release content and listen to the community. So pretty much defiance is a single player game now anyway. They don't even seem to care neither, that post i made about how we need a new big patch, not one post by any devs. I also read other people concerns, they never say anything. Just another great MMO game ruined and slowing dying. Its one of the reasons why i never spend a great deal of cash on MMO games, because most of them start off great, but then turn into some pay game , money grabbing , not listening to the community anymore type game. I want to play the secret world, but i would damn if i spend 60 bucks on it, seeing how its only 400 players playing these days lol.

oh well, im done posting this forum, but good luck to everyone.

Skiller115
08-04-2015, 10:14 AM
8800 arkforge supreme upgrade and Arkforge nerf! F this I'm outta here! :mad:

Grandpa Ace
08-04-2015, 10:15 AM

From Destromathes' post, it states as follows:

Some facts that I would like to point out regarding this cap:• The cap does not include Arkforge from lockboxes, daily and weekly rewards, or Arkforge purchased from the store.
• This cap will be removed for any player who is a Patron.
• The cap is currently set to 250 per week, above what 98% of players gain per week from events.
• If you go over the cap, a red display will indicate that you have reached the cap in your chat window and you will no longer gain Arkforge from events.
•If you are a patron, and your patron status lapses, the cap will be set to 0/250 when that happens and you will start adding to it. If you become a patron again, the cap will be removed.
• Arkforge cap will reset at the same time as weekly contracts.

So, it seems to me that this is a way to get ppl to buy the Patron's Pass--and why?, because if you have a Patron's Pass, you are not affected.
So either get a Patron's Pass (I will, and do have one now) or just live with the F2P game that you seem to have. TRION has to keep it going somehow, and I will still play. Now if they reduce or cut the Patron's Pass benefits--then they can pack sand. That will be their ultimate downfall. While I don't agree with all the things TRION does---well you get my drift.
So don't freak out you all.
GPA

Sevrin
08-04-2015, 10:30 AM
OK. I am confused.

1. The purpose of this is to stop AF farming, right? So as I see it. there are two ways to farm AF: (A) some kind of hack; or (B) run a zillion coops (is there something about running a zillion coops that is contrary to the TOS?).

2. And then none of this matters if one has a patron pass? If so, then hackers can still operate and one can still run a zillion coops?

Maybe I am just missing it.

Holy Bahamut3
08-04-2015, 10:30 AM
This change was obviously put in to counteract any fallout with the Patron Pass rate hike.

Mrdr
08-04-2015, 10:38 AM
Honestly, what they should do, is just say to hell with the current f2p model, and make the game a subscription based game. If they fixed everything the players have been complaining about for the past two years and got rid of this stupid forge cap as well as reverse the anti-farming changes they made recently then I'd be glad to spend money each month to play.

They're essentially going this route with this announcement anyway, except they're expecting us to pay $15 or so per month on a patron pass without fixing any of the stuff we've reported for years. To me, after having spent $70 on the ultimate edition (damn Canadian Amazon site) plus money on extra inventory and patron passes, I've put enough into this game without any improvements only nerfs and dcs and hard freezes.

Trion: if you want monthly patronage I'd be happy to subscribe if you fix all the aforementioned problems that have been reported--as would others I've spoken to in game. I would even do more to get friends to subscribe (both current players and those I know offline). But to expect people to spend money monthly on the game in its current state without any incentive other than "if you spend mone every month, we will let you play like you always have but if you don't spend money every month then we will penalize you and not allow you to play the game as you always have--no matter how much you've invested in the past" is nothing less than absurd--unless you're counting on us being desperate to play this game above all others, but we're not. We're also not stupid. We love the game and see its potential...do you?

David Irwin
08-04-2015, 10:59 AM
yes mrdr. yes.

Sinister80
08-04-2015, 11:00 AM
AF caps, bit purchase only synergies every month, patron pass bit cost increase........ sounds great but before we start let me grab my lube

Big Jack Shepard
08-04-2015, 11:05 AM
This change was obviously put in to counteract any fallout with the Patron Pass rate hike.You give them far too much credit.

Ray8888
08-04-2015, 11:18 AM
"if you spend money every month, we will let you play like you always have but if you don't spend money every month then we will penalize you

This is exactly what is happening. Along with a price hike.

Tex_Arcana
08-04-2015, 11:27 AM
Curious:account based? Or per toon?

EvilAg3nt
08-04-2015, 11:37 AM
worst part is,i quit once already,gave away a bunch of stuff.
but i love the game,so i stick around...
now tho,with these new changes ruining our guns we worked on so hard and time wasted,and the Direction trion is staying on,
its becoming clear to me that that new ps4 i bought a couple of months ago,is gonna be getting used Real Soon.

such a shame,a game with such potential,getting abused by the very company that hosts it.
they want money,but the way they go about it,is stupid.

Thorax The Dark
08-04-2015, 11:44 AM
Honestly, what they should do, is just say to hell with the current f2p model, and make the game a subscription based game. If they fixed everything the players have been complaining about for the past two years and got rid of this stupid forge cap as well as reverse the anti-farming changes they made recently then I'd be glad to spend money each month to play.

They're essentially going this route with this announcement anyway, except they're expecting us to pay $15 or so per month on a patron pass without fixing any of the stuff we've reported for years. To me, after having spent $70 on the ultimate edition (damn Canadian Amazon site) plus money on extra inventory and patron passes, I've put enough into this game without any improvements only nerfs and dcs and hard freezes.

Trion: if you want monthly patronage I'd be happy to subscribe if you fix all the aforementioned problems that have been reported--as would others I've spoken to in game. I would even do more to get friends to subscribe (both current players and those I know offline). But to expect people to spend money monthly on the game in its current state without any incentive other than "if you spend mone every month, we will let you play like you always have but if you don't spend money every month then we will penalize you and not allow you to play the game as you always have--no matter how much you've invested in the past" is nothing less than absurd--unless you're counting on us being desperate to play this game above all others, but we're not. We're also not stupid. We love the game and see its potential...do you?

ive tried saying this before and no one listened lol

Keziah
08-04-2015, 11:46 AM
ive tried saying this before and no one listened lol

I have as well...Everyone ended up saying something rude or laughing at me.

Ray8888
08-04-2015, 12:02 PM
The golden age is over. Newer players will never get the gear we have or be able to compete or hang in PvP or Expos.

Fallen_Aingeal
08-04-2015, 12:28 PM
The golden age is over. Newer players will never get the gear we have or be able to compete or hang in PvP or Expos.

The ones that pay exorbitantly will. That's why, for me, it's a non-issue. There won't be enough of these "supreme weapons" out there to really affect my game play. When I can't compete, I hang up my character and move on...

Altras
08-04-2015, 12:32 PM

Thus furthering the gap between haves and have nots. Once upon a time they tried to close the gap with scaling. Apparently that's not in the to-do's anymore

Tex_Arcana
08-04-2015, 12:42 PM

Question repeats.

dremora ven0m
08-04-2015, 12:51 PM
If everyone bombard the live stream with questions about af cap & the money grabbing they would still do what they do now ignore them complete just like in forums!
I joined as a f2p player, have since bought season pass, a copy of the game, inventory, patron passes, loadouts & key slots on 2 toons.
Now because of time restrictions with work i dont play as much so dont think it's worth renewing patron, so i am being punished for not spending even more money on a 2 year old broken game that the devs have promised time & time again to address the important issues.
When all they really do is punish the majority of players for a few bad apples (by that i mean the 12 hr a day big stone af farmers etc)

CM Kiwibird
08-04-2015, 12:52 PM
Hey there folks, we don't want to discourage feedback on the Public Test Server, but please discuss these changes in the original thread on our PTS forums. (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?220945) If you'd like to discuss the changes on PTS, please make sure to use that thread or an existing thread so that we can keep track of your feedback.

Please remember to keep all feedback respectful and constructive.

Here's a link to the original thread for discussion and feedback. (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?220945)

This is per character, not account based.