PDA

View Full Version : negative bloom effects

Cygnus
08-04-2015, 08:37 AM
So my question is how does negative bloom affect an ar?

I have a nice ar that I want to T4 but it already has a negative bloom with a T3 scope on it. The AR has a blue recoil and a green accuracy roll on it.would a gerilla stock bring this back to a positive bloom?are there any negative side effects having a negative bloom?

Lamar Kendrick
08-04-2015, 08:48 AM
my ps vbi smg has a -0.09 bloom without a stock and when i try adding a t4 recoil stock it showed the bloom at -0.07 so instead i just added a t4 melee stock

negative bloom is like the best you'll ever get on an ar/smg/lmg imo

no recoil is the best recoil and very rare to get

also have a -0.03 bloom tachmag pulser i haven't used yet and every body knows tachmags recoils too much

i hope you're getting what i'm saying

Cygnus
08-04-2015, 10:14 AM
I appreciate your opinion .ive read that zero bloom is desired but negative bloom can be bad.I have several ars with negative bloom(some because of my rig).im really looking for information on the effect of negative bloom.

Lamar Kendrick
08-04-2015, 10:28 AM
same goes here. some people i know says negative bloom as you mentioned, can be bad

i hope someone can enlighten us

Akira Kimekawa
08-04-2015, 10:31 AM
-0.19 bloom / oj DMG 7th Legion prepatched Yamato..... I have no problems but the spread of the bullets. But for kickback, to shoot straight I don't even have to budge the right analog stick. Hope this help you guys.

Cygnus
08-04-2015, 10:43 AM
Calling all defiance vets, mensa,(Sir Served,Critical error) can you please enlighten us

SirServed
08-04-2015, 12:14 PM
If you look at Overcharge, it removes ALL Recoil from your weapon but there's still a small amount of Bloom that allows for Accuracy loss while firing. I've assumed that this base amount of Bloom is simply untouchable by players, like a Volge Trooper or Viscera's innate damage mitigation. Negative values won't help you as far as I know.

Ghost Within
08-04-2015, 01:09 PM
Negative Bloom is bad for any ars, smgs, lmgs because with negative recoil, the accuracy/spread of the bullets veers off. I have several negative recoil weapons & I do not mind this side effect on them.

Back in the day & even now negative bloom weapons are not valuable for this reason. Back in the beginning no one even looked at these weapons.

Have played since day 1 if you needed my experience on the game.

EvilAg3nt
08-04-2015, 01:27 PM
have any of you pros tried using neg bloom with a Tactical scope on the weapon?
i get crit hits all the time,literally,
i can get to an event late and still come on near the top if not on top because i crit hit everything.
seems like nobody likes using scopes w ar`s.

btw this is not limited to one weapon either,i have ars,smgs,and lmgs that are neg bloom.
Rock Steady while firing.

Ghost Within
08-04-2015, 01:34 PM
have any of you pros tried using neg bloom with a Tactical scope on the weapon?
i get crit hits all the time,literally,
i can get to an event late and still come on near the top if not on top because i crit hit everything.
seems like nobody likes using scopes w ar`s.

btw this is not limited to one weapon either,i have ars,smgs,and lmgs that are neg bloom.
Rock Steady while firing.

I do not like tatical sights so have not noticed.

IrisaLover
08-04-2015, 04:30 PM
What is bloom?

Ray8888
08-04-2015, 04:39 PM
You don't have to worry about it on a stun rod.

Dixie Cougar
08-04-2015, 05:04 PM
You don't have to worry about it on a stun rod.

Loooool GG no re.

Cygnus
08-04-2015, 05:07 PM
Thanks everyone for your input.

So negative bloom affects accuracy similarly as a high positive bloom.

The weapon I'm currently working on has a blue recoil roll and a T3 external and a T3 assault scope.giving it a - .06 bloom

Can you add a lower tier guerilla stock and assault scope to bring bloom back to zero?

EvilAg3nt
08-04-2015, 05:15 PM
cygnus,id change the stock first if you are determined to bring it back to zero.
i think me n you should meet ingame and ill toss you one of my scoped guns for a little bit and we go test them out,
thorn liro arenas its really easy to see the diff,as you scope them out Fast.

btw,the only bad thing i ever noticed about a neg bloom weapon,was 1 or 2 had a tendency to point downwards first off,into the ground almost.
i asked around about that,only a coupla people even knew what i meant.

ill be ingame in about 3 hours

konstantinov
08-04-2015, 05:31 PM
I have a bio frc ar that has the old school -.10 and -.20 recoil rolls and grenadier. I put a t5 recoil and rolled a recoil mastery just for funsies. It sits at a -.31 and it'll be like that until I quit this game.

Cygnus
08-04-2015, 06:14 PM
Sounds good evil.ive got some really really nice ars.this one I'm working on is a pl8 vbi.I spent a lot of scrip getting T4s but I think they will wreck the gun.guess im lookin for a pl8 guerilla stock now.

IrisaLover
08-04-2015, 11:40 PM
you don't have to worry about it on a stun rod.

but but but my detu ara!

Mayday
08-05-2015, 02:22 AM
As Evilagent(sp) was saying, negative bloom plus tactical scope on assault rifle (vbi/sumimoto etc.) equals head shot every time. I use it for saws, disruptors, thunder etc. The only thing I dont use tacticals on would be smg and blast rifle. Commando scope works great on lmg as well.

EvilAg3nt
08-05-2015, 06:51 AM
hey Mayday,besides the fact that the blast rifles spray everywhere,why not a tactical on those too?
i ask because thats my main loadouts,blast rifles and dets or blast rifles and pistols.

i understand the smg,i wouldnt bother with those cause of rof and small clips.
but,using the tactical br-s,i can kill at least 2-3 enemies per Mag,at tl10.

whereas,if i was using stab sight,id be lucky to kill one and have more than a few bullets left....?
thanks in advance for any advice.

WhiteStrike
08-05-2015, 07:01 AM
hey Mayday,besides the fact that the blast rifles spray everywhere,why not a tactical on those too?
i ask because thats my main loadouts,blast rifles and dets or blast rifles and pistols.

i understand the smg,i wouldnt bother with those cause of rof and small clips.
but,using the tactical br-s,i can kill at least 2-3 enemies per Mag,at tl10.

whereas,if i was using stab sight,id be lucky to kill one and have more than a few bullets left....?
thanks in advance for any advice.

Before you go all LoCarb with scopes, you must know that even with negative bloom,Blast Rifles still spread everywhere even withnegative bloom(my-0.02 Bloom Piper still spreads a lot)

EvilAg3nt
08-05-2015, 07:48 AM
yes i understand that,but,im saying its hitting with a lot more Using the tactical than the stab.
im not sure what the locarb reference means sorry.

Hexthat
08-05-2015, 08:12 AM
stab sights are only better at movement accuracy