PDA

View Full Version : How do you get easy or quick arkforges?

Striker00957
08-08-2015, 02:54 AM
How do you get some? Before I get the amount of arkforges I needed to upgrade my weapon I already had another 100 ego earned from Arkfalls which makes it annoying. My ego is 1908 so I can't do advance or expert coop, I don't find many people want on come with me. Arkfalls and others only give me 1. So any help?

Sir Dan
08-08-2015, 02:59 AM
Try the chimera faction vendor at headlands transit depot. I think you can buy arkforge for faction points.

Striker00957
08-08-2015, 03:07 AM
Don't got DLC for the rep :/

xXxDSMer
08-08-2015, 03:43 AM
google "defiance hidden vendors" and use the non-specials blues from those vendors. They're blue, mostly or all with a 1.05dmg roll. If a weapon type isn't a nano you like, its now possible to convert most weapon types to any nano. When you level up enough that there's a higher ego of the same weapon in those vendors non-special (permanent) stock, just buy another of the same with higher ego for 2500 scrip and remove the mods from the old lower ego one and place them on the new higher ego one.

No arkforge needed.

And definitely no situation of what it sounds like you're in... using a purple or oj weapon to level with and trying to keep it up to ego.
My first toon, no joke, used mostly greens till at least 4300 ego. OJ/purp is not required for leveling up lol

And you can buy the 'specials' from those hidden vendors, jus keep in mind when you come back at a higher ego you likely won't find another of that specific special

stefb42
08-08-2015, 03:53 AM
How do you get some? Before I get the amount of arkforges I needed to upgrade my weapon I already had another 100 ego earned from Arkfalls which makes it annoying. My ego is 1908 so I can't do advance or expert coop, I don't find many people want on come with me. Arkfalls and others only give me 1. So any help?

I'm afraid the bit store is the only way to get it quick now

However your legendary gun, is it a special named gun? If not best thing you can do is step away from it, trying to maintain legendary gear at low level is futile, and will be even more so soon when they limit arkforge earned, that's not to say you can't keep a legendary at your level, it will just be a complete grind of doing nothing but chasing forge

I recommend using vendor bought weapons and drops, because although legendary guns are cool, they are in no way required to progress through the game, other rarity guns are cheap making them disposable, this will allow you to accumulate arkforge for when you're high ego and are trying to build that perfect gun

Just remember a green gun on your ego will be more effective than an orange one a couple of hundred ego lower than you are

Edit: Ninja'd by Robert :) hey bud

Claydough
08-08-2015, 04:04 AM
best bet is to find a clan or make friends with people that will piggyback you into expert coop.

posting in zone always helps too.

Midnight
08-08-2015, 06:54 AM
google "defiance hidden vendors" and use the non-specials blues from those vendors. They're blue, mostly or all with a 1.05dmg roll. If a weapon type isn't a nano you like, its now possible to convert most weapon types to any nano. When you level up enough that there's a higher ego of the same weapon in those vendors non-special (permanent) stock, just buy another of the same with higher ego for 2500 scrip and remove the mods from the old lower ego one and place them on the new higher ego one.

No arkforge needed.

And definitely no situation of what it sounds like you're in... using a purple or oj weapon to level with and trying to keep it up to ego.
My first toon, no joke, used mostly greens till at least 4300 ego. OJ/purp is not required for leveling up lol

And you can buy the 'specials' from those hidden vendors, jus keep in mind when you come back at a higher ego you likely won't find another of that specific special

You don't really, listen to this guy and just save the forge you get until you are over 5k ego...

Bentu
08-08-2015, 07:56 AM
You want plenty of arkforge?

Then join a clan that will repeatedly run you through Co op maps ( I'm not talking about speed runs) or/and score farm conflict sites.

Olaf
08-08-2015, 08:07 AM
I find expos good for keys forges and occasionally an oj

Ray8888
08-08-2015, 08:11 AM

No arkforge needed.

Rob am smart. Listen to him.

Skiller115
08-08-2015, 10:47 AM
Do ken Farms with a det or RL! But just save your Arkforge! Because trust me, none of your weapons are worth keeping! To upkeep ONE oj from your rank to 6000 will cost 1025 Arkforge! Which is 1,025,000 script "minimum"

Arkangyl
08-08-2015, 11:03 AM
I'd love to truly understand the low ego "need" for OJs and leveling OJs. I lost track of the number of people below 1K ego asking for OJ shields heheh.

Several have already given the best advice; that is Game Vet advice from people with 5K plus characters and some with several. They know what is best bang for the buck.

As noted you can ego level so quickly early on, especially if doing incursions, sieges, and Major AFs a lot that trying to keep any (or most) weapons at your ego can be costly (and usually a huge waste of a precious resource). A good purple drop or vendor purchase (there are often decent blues and purples on vendor specials) can often cover you for a couple ego tiers.

Plus, with the need to fulfill pursuits (# of kills with X weapon type as well as skilling up weapon types to 20), swapping around weapons and focusing on the newest sweet purple you bought or got is good for getting those done. I don't think anyone should get attached to one weapon or weapon type till their pursuits and skills are done.

You also need to remember to ask in clan chat for gear at your ego (some clans have a boatload of stored gear at a variety of egos just for this purpose) and / or vendor fodder (for a 5K+) that can be downgraded to you for a couple forge. I could keep 10 people supplied in decent blues and good purples almost every day with what I just vendor.

VIC757
08-08-2015, 11:59 AM
I've tried to give away t3'ed blue event guns to lower egos and tried to explain that it'd be easier and more cost effective to level up a blue than an oj at lower ego, especially since your ego raises so fast at that point. Smh, they said they wanted oj guns. So I just kept them. Choosy beggars get nothing from me.

Striker00957
08-08-2015, 02:14 PM
Thank you guys for the help :)

Cygnus
08-08-2015, 03:26 PM
OP never said it was an oj weapon.you all just assumed that.

Claydough
08-08-2015, 04:23 PM
There are plenty of weapons worth keeping at low ego.

Ive still got weapons i use from the first few weeks of playing.

Cobra Crusher
08-08-2015, 04:40 PM

Don't upgrade weapons or shields until you get to 5000 ego. Just keep using the blues and purples you get. Save all your arkforge. Pick up all your drops and sell what your not using to the vendor.

Atticus Batman
08-09-2015, 01:25 AM
I've tried to give away t3'ed blue event guns to lower egos and tried to explain that it'd be easier and more cost effective to level up a blue than an oj at lower ego, especially since your ego raises so fast at that point. Smh, they said they wanted oj guns. So I just kept them. Choosy beggars get nothing from me.

I always use any rarity I get on my low level character, then vendor it as I get new higher level gear. No reason to waste much AF keeping most gear leveled for the lower characters.

Bentu
08-09-2015, 03:41 AM

I tried to do the exact same thing with Blackened Hellfire ars, fully modded to life steal, only had one guy show any interest and I think he just wanted to sell them on.

Mrdr
08-09-2015, 07:25 AM
I try to keep an eye out for low ego players that are not affiliated with a clan so I can pass them some gear that helped me as a lower ego. I look for unaffiliated players because those who are already clanned up will have tons of help from their own clan. Sadly most every low ego is already clanned up and very few are actual noobs. 99% of all low egos I've met are alt toons for someone who's been playing longer than me. I don't pass gear to them because they've got the skills and resources to help themselves.

Id like to help someone out but there aren't any new players who need help--they just want the gear to resell or pass to their other alts.