PDA

View Full Version : I have a few questions and hope someone can help.

czman
08-09-2015, 01:53 PM
I have a character at 2704 ego, so not far into the game. I have maxed out a few weapons and have a pretty good idea about what works for me and what does not. I play on PC and recently picked up a collectors edition very cheap. It provided me really good value for my money.

Here are some questions that I have come up with:

When you upgrade a weapons ego rating does it not upgrade as well as a weapon that would have dropped at the higher level. I had a very nice weapon and was upgrading it. A lower quality one dropped at about the same rating and was better. It seems like upgrading weapons ego gives depreciating results and there is little value in it till you get to a much higher ego than I am. Am I right in this?

What is the best way to join a clan that fits me time and personality? Are there any tricks to finding good clans? I have played pretty much solo or random world groups. I have had some match making, but very little.

I have some bits to spend and want some advice from people who have spent some.

Does the new player box make sense. It says it give 10 weapons, one of each kind? Are those all at current EGO? That seems really good for leveling weapon skills.

I do not have a cyber rig and have been thinking about trying to purchase one in the shop. I think waiting till I get to 3000 ego makes sense though. Does it?

Speaking of cyber rigs what is the best way to find groups for expeditions. I have tried to solo them twice. Once was a complete fail. The other time I did not get anything of real value.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Midnight
08-09-2015, 02:04 PM
My advice is to not worry about upgrading EGO levels on your gear as you level...as you out-level your equipment just replace it with other drops or stuff you buy off the vendors...as far as spending bits goes, I feel that spending them on inventory slots and patron passes are the way to go...the new player box is just full of stuff that you will wind up vendoring anyways...just try and find the largest active clan you can that will let you in, this will help with your expedition issues...grinding expeditions to break down all the chips you don't want so you can buy purple chips of the kind that you do want and trying to pick up a rig that has the kind of slots that you'd like is a way of life if you really want to get a good rig...good luck

Bentu
08-09-2015, 02:34 PM
If you have money to spend buy a Patron pass.

czman
08-09-2015, 03:13 PM
Does a patron pass give the same benefits if it bought with bits as opposed to purchased straight from the site with actual money?

Also once the rep is finished is the patron pass really worth much? The extra ammo is nice, but outside of rep bonus where is the value?

Bentu
08-09-2015, 03:16 PM
I don't know about the bits store and money comparison but the bonuses came in handy.

czman
08-09-2015, 03:18 PM
nevermind.

Mrdr
08-09-2015, 03:38 PM
First, it's ok to level up a gun you really love as you level up--just don't upgrade its rarity as it will cost too much in arkforge. Second, you'll want to spend money/bits on inventory slots so you can get and keep more weapons and mods for selling/trading. It's also nice to have the extra slots for when you get some jackpot/named event guns at your low level that you may want to level up later when you're getting more forge to do so. It will be too difficult to level one now but become easier later. Third, patron pass will give you more forge and other goodies per day/week in addition to the bonuses. Forth, what server are you on? We might be able to point you in the direction of a clan for you to talk to (there may be some in this thread who would invite you to their clan. IMO your best bet is to group up with potential clanmates for a few days before you commit. This way you get an idea of what the clan is like without having to join first. They'll likely do the same with you anyway as it's not fun to bring someone in who doesn't get on with the others or just wants to get the clan bonuses and free gear from mates only to leave shortly after.

Snapcase
08-09-2015, 03:40 PM
I believe a Patron Pass is a Patron Pass no matter how you get it though more veteran players would know better than I. The bonus additions of the pass really are a good deal, besides the exp boost you get a grant on how much ammo and consumables you can hold i.e. stims, grenades ext., nothing game making but handy anyways. The other benefit is in the currency bonuses you get more scrip, extra hunter req's, keycodes and, soon to be especially important arkforge which when you hit your limit on EGO due to experience will come in handy for upgrading weapons.

As Midnight said upgrading EGO on your current weapons is, at your EGO, unnecessary. I'm about 4600 ego now and use dropped purple or blues more often than some of my favorite oj weapons just because the arkforge cost to keep them to my level is extreme compared to any benefits it might have.

As for clan if your on the NA server I would suggest (yes clan plug here) Cronus as one of the largest and most active clans. You can find people on at any time of the night or day as not all members are based in North America. Though to be honest you will find that a lot of the most active players are 5000+ EGO and doing what the 5k'ers do. But even they have no problems with jumping in and helping lower EGO players complete pursuits and will often devote time to just such activities. Another clan that might be up your ally is The Consortium, smaller than us but from everything I have experienced good people. There is a forum section devoted to clans though and I would suggest browsing through them before jumping in, joining some clans is about the same as playing solo I have learned.

Expeditions are hit and miss at your level really, they are at mine as well. Best bet is usually to watch zone chat for people trying to get a group together. But from my experience most of the people running them are higher EGO which even if they invite you, you will be under equipped to run them. Challenging as this is you can find some groups willing to let you be leader in order to bring the difficulty down, and if you cant there should be plenty in the way of pursuits and such to keep you busy and raise your EGO at the same time.

Elucidate
08-09-2015, 05:13 PM
Yea we have several 2-3k ego players but we welcome any ego as long as you're willing to learn the ins and outs of the game. We're often called elitists because we do try to understand every aspect of the game from DPS min/maxing to efficient farming and market manipulation. We try to help newer players with starter gears and always carry low lvls for dailies if need be. The only downside is that a vast majority of our players are usually around late afternoon between 5PM-12AM PST. We often have a very social bunch on teamspeak and it definitely helps if you are even just slightly social or willing to partake in clan activities.

Elucidate
08-09-2015, 05:49 PM
Although to be honest, most of the time we just talk about random crap on teamspeak lol

czman
08-09-2015, 06:16 PM
I normally play at ~9:30PM EST and play for an hour a two durring the week. On the weekends I normally play at ~12:30PM-2:30PM. My patron pass runs out in a week, and I am not sure if I am going to renew or not.

xXxDSMer
08-09-2015, 06:17 PM
Another benefit of patron pass is at least an additional 120 arkforge in daily&weekly reward boxes for any given week (while patron is active).

That's one thing I noticed about it when I had it. Might have also partially been because I have all 5 dlc's (season pass, saved 10 bucks), and then again dlc may not have anything to do with that extra 120+ arkforge in the daily&weekly boxes. Never did have patron without dlc, so can't say.

Dixie Cougar
08-09-2015, 06:26 PM
Another benefit of patron pass is at least an additional 120 arkforge in daily&weekly reward boxes for any given week (while patron is active).

That's one thing I noticed about it when I had it. Might have also partially been because I have all 5 dlc's (season pass, saved 10 bucks), and then again dlc may not have anything to do with that extra 120+ arkforge in the daily&weekly boxes. Never did have patron without dlc, so can't say.

The arkforge isn't connected to the DLC, so he can maintain patron without buying DLC and still get it.