PDA

View Full Version : question about triggered effects

IrisaLover
08-10-2015, 12:34 PM
Fire = damage over time
Lightning bolt = short-circuits enemies
Biohazard = foot goo
Purple swirly = purely cosmetic effect on death???
Radiation = ???

Dixie Cougar
08-10-2015, 01:10 PM
Purple swirly is syphon, steals health
Radiation renders the enemy more vulnerable to damage from all sources

Logain
08-10-2015, 01:14 PM
Description of Nano Effects (http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=15)

IrisaLover
08-10-2015, 06:31 PM
Description of Nano Effects (http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=15)

Oh wow now THAT is cool. Electrical works best against shields, Bio and radiation are best against armor plates (Bio for big targets like Hellbug Monarchs, Rad for smaller ones), Incendiary works best against targets whose shields and armor are down, and Syphon is for players who didn't pick Cloaking as their ego power. It reminds me of how, in the first Diablo, blunt weapons were best against undead but crap against beasts, and bladed weapons were good against beasts but crap against undead.

wjssmith
08-10-2015, 07:13 PM
Oh wow now THAT is cool. Electrical works best against shields, Bio and radiation are best against armor plates (Bio for big targets like Hellbug Monarchs, Rad for smaller ones), Incendiary works best against targets whose shields and armor are down, and Syphon is for players who didn't pick Cloaking as their ego power. It reminds me of how, in the first Diablo, blunt weapons were best against undead but crap against beasts, and bladed weapons were good against beasts but crap against undead.

You may also want to consider how Nano effects interact with each other. For example electrical health damage is 75%, however if the target is burning health damage is 100%. So equip incendiary grenades with an electric nano weapon or electric grenades with a fire nano weapon Etc, Etc, Etc.

IrisaLover
08-10-2015, 07:28 PM
You may also want to consider how Nano effects interact with each other. For example electrical health damage is 75%, however if the target is burning health damage is 100%. So equip incendiary grenades with an electric nano weapon or electric grenades with a fire nano weapon Etc, Etc, Etc.

Yeah, I noticed that too. The problem with using grenades for this purpose is that you run out of grenades pretty quickly. A more efficient way would just be to put an electric in one weapon slot and an incendiary in the other, switching to fire when your target's shield is down and back to electric when it dies and you need to pick a new target. Or just put a team together in which each person specializes in a different effect :)

wjssmith
08-10-2015, 07:37 PM
Yeah, I noticed that too. The problem with using grenades for this purpose is that you run out of grenades pretty quickly. A more efficient way would just be to put an electric in one weapon slot and an incendiary in the other, switching to fire when your target's shield is down and back to electric when it dies and you need to pick a new target. Or just put a team together in which each person specializes in a different effect :)

Yes that pretty much covers it. From your original questions I simply wasn't sure if you had considerd all of the aspects.

MrQuacky
08-11-2015, 08:49 AM
if you have a northstar flare gun (sets enemies on fire) with an electric nano damage :O do you get both bonuses? i havent checked the math but i got a rad one and i think its applying both :O can someone confirm ?

WhiteStrike
08-11-2015, 08:51 AM
if you have a northstar flare gun (sets enemies on fire) with an electric nano damage :O do you get both bonuses? i havent checked the math but i got a rad one and i think its applying both :O can someone confirm ?

It procs both effects.

MrQuacky
08-11-2015, 08:55 AM
It procs both effects.

its awsome :O if only the flares would be more like bullets instead of ... flares XD :P awsome anyway.

eaglepowers
08-11-2015, 09:04 AM
I believe radiation was patched to do 5% less card damage than what's shown on DD?

Logain
08-11-2015, 10:16 AM
Correct /10 char

Gaige12
08-11-2015, 10:23 AM

Yep. I have a Heartbreaker northstar flare with elec nano. 24 shots in the mag and the npc's do the electric barbeque boogaloo quite nicely. Its the Afflicted's favorite gun. :D

WhiteStrike
08-11-2015, 11:49 AM
Yep. I have a Heartbreaker Northstar Blaze with elec nano. 24 shots in the mag and the npc's do the electric barbeque boogaloo quite nicely. Its the Afflicted's favorite gun. :D

Try an Inciner8or against aflicted(with a Reserve Chamber of course)

Ray8888
08-11-2015, 02:07 PM
I swear my syphon Blaze procs way more than any of my other guns. A close second is my ST Electric SMG but the FR kinda explains that. But the syph Blaze procs on damn near every shot. And I have an OJ bio Blaze that doesn't come close.

Logain
08-12-2015, 05:22 AM
I suspect but have not proven yet that the different nanos have different proc rates to go along with the fact that guns have different proc rates.

My favorite blaze is also an epic (have too many other AF projects that come before upgrading this guy) that has electric on it. To quote Gaige12 the electric barbeque boogaloo is nice, very nice.

Tex_Arcana
08-13-2015, 12:48 PM
its awsome :O if only the flares would be more like bullets instead of ... flares XD :P awsome anyway.

GL-X Incinerator.
Nuff said.

Tex_Arcana
08-13-2015, 01:18 PM
It has to be pointed out that you should rarely run out of grenades. Even in a daily: The grenade reload drops are so common I rarely hit zero.
And in a Siege, Incursion, or Expert Co-op...I never do. And I use grenades a lot.

Ray8888
08-13-2015, 02:03 PM
I suspect but have not proven yet that the different nanos have different proc rates to go along with the fact that guns have different proc rates.

I thought it was just me. It seems like Syphon and Electric proc way more than Rad and especially Bio.

IrisaLover
08-13-2015, 05:07 PM
In the past few days, I tried some Major Arkfalls using my Detu Ara in one slot and a fire-breathing assault rifle in the other. It worked well enough against most Dark Matter troops... not so well against Scrappers and Hellbugs, or Dark Matter's Bulwarks. Nine armor plates can make quite a difference between fire vs. poo shoes. So I switched my fire assault rifle to a poo shoes submachine gun, and now I'm tearing through the toughest enemies with unbelievable ease. However, I still switch back to the fire AR for the Monolith fight because those armor hardpoints are ironically un-armored.

I LOVES MUH DETU ARA