PDA

View Full Version : Official Supreme Weapons Update Q&A Collection Thread

CM Kiwibird
08-13-2015, 03:19 PM
http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2014/10/Defiance_blog_header_1_720x332.jpg

Howdy! We're going to have a livestream on Twitch tomorrow at 4:30 PM PDT (http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=August+14+2015+4%3A30+PM+PDT)! Rashere has been covering a lot of questions about our next update that we will cover on stream, but we would like to have more questions for our stream. The focus of this Q&A will be on our upcoming 3.2 update, which you can currently view on our Public Test Server forums.

Useful Links

Public Test Server forums (http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisplay.php?83-Defiance-Public-Test-Server) - Thinking about joining? Don't just think, DO. :)
Most recent PTS Hotfix (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?221309-Defiance-Patch-3.2-Hotfix-2-To-PTS) - You can see our adjustments to feedback here.
First PTS 3.2 Hotfix (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?220951-Defiance-Patch-3.2-Hotfix-1-To-PTS) - Original introduction on PTS.
Review Rashere's recent posts with our Dev Tracker (http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisplay.php?8-Dev-Tracker) - Great resource!
Defiance Data's Rashere Tracker! (http://www.defiancedata.com/devtracker.php?author=Rashere)

Don't worry about asking questions that have already been asked. If you're curious, you're probably not alone!

Important: While we frequently have strong opinions, it is important to phrase your question in a manner that is as constructive as possible.

That said, please don't be afraid to ask hard questions about this update. We placed this update on our Public Test Server for feedback, and we want to be able to discuss these changes with our community.

We welcome all feedback, positive and negative. We do ask that you keep your posts constructive and in line with the forum Code of Conduct. (http://forums.defiance.com/announcement.php?f=3&a=4)

The duration of this livestream will be 30 minutes, but we're planning on having another livestream on Twitch next week. I won't be on tomorrow's livestream, but I should be on for next week! :)

Chump Norris
08-13-2015, 03:35 PM
The team keeps saying the reason for locking our upgraded ojs from supreme is to keep them "rare", how do they think them being "rare" will effect the already unbalanced pvp?

Big Jack Shepard
08-13-2015, 03:37 PM
How do you feel about the fact that so many players oppose the addition of a supreme tier?

Do you understand that we see it as nothing more than a cash grab?

eaglepowers
08-13-2015, 03:44 PM
Rerolling weapons is great. Any plans for refilling nanos or synergies?

Jaydogg
08-13-2015, 03:59 PM
Any plans on making ark salvage more useful than just opening mod slots on guns? I know you can buy keycodes with it but the exchange rate for that is ridiculous.

Meee
08-13-2015, 04:01 PM
Many of us feel if they are oj now ( when the patch comes out ) then they should all count the same . Yes we understand the goal is to keep them rare . However most ( probably high 90's ) would not have spent 500 forge to upgrade a gun only to have it outdated . Just for example I spent close to 3000 forge on just the last event and well over that to upgrade spinal tap gear only for them to not be the top tier weapons a few months later .

Kapo
08-13-2015, 04:14 PM
Yeah be prepared for another anocement on how the keep trying to make ppl buy more forges , the idea of supreem n all forges spent on other wepon for them to be worth less now seems to really be quite absurd. We are talking ppl money and lots of time a lot for now say hey all that was for nathing because soon your OJ won't be the best of the best ..IDK but for supreem to be fair all ojs should go supreem every one wins , Trion makes played happy n bits store too cause lots of ojs means lots of forges to be spent on supreem them ....

Olaf
08-13-2015, 04:17 PM
Can we get wearable backpacks with backpack syns and other bonus (e.g. Extra ammo, extra mag etc).
The fact there's mk2 supreme jackpots, does that mean we won't have mk3 pipers this year?

Arcade
08-13-2015, 04:17 PM
Will any kind of buff to current enemies be included in this patch?

heartbreak_courier
08-13-2015, 05:03 PM
A major criticism I have with 3.2 is that most of it is tailored towards Bit Store/arkforge purchases. The introduction of supreme weapons, an arkforge cap, the rarity bonus re-roll system (all of which are favorable towards af, af boosts, and Patron purchases), and the increase in the 15-day Patron Pass are all coming in one patch in the midst of a content drought. It doesn't help that the last big content update back in April, Expeditions, also favors folks who purchase HRs or Patron. We aren't seeing new raids (in the same vein as Warmaster), new crossover content of any kind (for reasons that were never really explained), new outfits (beyond re-skins), new land expansions, story content, etc.

This gives the unfortunate impression that the Defiance team is focused on making existing content more profitable instead of expanding onwards and upwards with new content. Especially since all of Trion's other games are receiving loads more content by far.

This makes me concerned about the state of development and monetarily supporting the game in general. I realize that F2P games need to make money, and I'm more than willing to support any F2P game that I enjoy, but patches like 3.2 only serve to make me shy away in the long run if I absolutely cannot see the bigger picture. Or if I feel like my money is being spirited away solely to support restrictions and Bit Store funnels over long-term content. Or even promised content.

I realize none of that is a question! But all that being said: Basically: Is there anything you can do to reassure us that more permanent content is coming?

Ray8888
08-13-2015, 05:14 PM
A major criticism I have with 3.2 is that most of it is tailored towards Bit Store/arkforge purchases. The introduction of supreme weapons, an arkforge cap, the rarity bonus re-roll system (all of which are favorable towards af, af boosts, and Patron purchases), and the increase in the 15-day Patron Pass are all coming in one patch in the midst of a content drought. It doesn't help that the last big content update back in April, Expeditions, also favors folks who purchase HRs or Patron. We aren't seeing new raids (in the same vein as Warmaster), new crossover content of any kind (for reasons that were never really explained), new outfits (beyond re-skins), new land expansions, story content, etc.

This gives the unfortunate impression that the Defiance team is focused on making existing content more profitable instead of expanding onwards and upwards with new content. Especially since all of Trion's other games are receiving loads more content by far.

This makes me concerned about the state of development and monetarily supporting the game in general. I realize that F2P games need to make money, and I'm more than willing to support any F2P game that I enjoy, but patches like 3.2 only serve to make me shy away in the long run if I absolutely cannot see the bigger picture. Or if I feel like my money is being spirited away solely to support restrictions and Bit Store funnels over long-term content. Or even promised content.

I realize none of that is a question! But all that being said: Basically: Is there anything you can do to reassure us that more permanent content is coming?
[Slow Clap]
I don't even care that this isn't a question I would love to just know somebody at Trion read the above. Could you PLEASE make that happen?

MrQuacky
08-13-2015, 05:34 PM
is there a way to get supreme swords? since they cant be upgraded with arkforge.

Ray8888
08-13-2015, 05:36 PM
is there a way to get supreme swords? since they cant be upgraded with arkforge.

No.
10char/

Claydough
08-13-2015, 05:37 PM
Will this be a disscussion between devs and community or mearly just telling us exactally what we know already but in verbal form?

Ray8888
08-13-2015, 05:37 PM
If we give them softballs they will answer softballs. Will there ever be water monsters?

Hexthat
08-13-2015, 05:40 PM
I bet 5m scrip and some rare guns that after an hour of this update going live (all platforms) I'll have a supreme weapon.

No questions here just that comment.

Claydough
08-13-2015, 05:46 PM
I have a many spinal tap weapons that i have upgraded from epic to legendary thinking that these were the best these weapons could be.

Being unable to upgrade these weapons and not having the chance to get more, can these bit store lockboxes be offered for a short period of time during the launch of the weapon upgrade patch?

Chump Norris
08-13-2015, 05:50 PM
I could see them making one of the named supreme expedition weapons a sword.

Claydough
08-13-2015, 05:52 PM
I could see them making one of the named supreme expedition weapons a sword.

I hope not...

Holy Bahamut3
08-13-2015, 06:01 PM
Will we see some crossover content post season 3 of the show?

When could we hope to see updated vendors, particularly the Echelon and DLC vendors? (To prevent a repeat, we are aware that Rashere has recently mentioned that he was updating the Chimera and Paradise vendors) I am more interested in thorn liro, and 7th legion vendors.

Olaf
08-13-2015, 06:04 PM
I have a many spinal tap weapons that i have upgraded from epic to legendary thinking that these were the best these weapons could be.

Being unable to upgrade these weapons and not having the chance to get more, can these bit store lockboxes be offered for a short period of time during the launch of the weapon upgrade patch?

I think this is a great question. I hope bit box's are being changed with this change too.

Crack
08-13-2015, 06:21 PM
I bet 5m scrip and some rare guns that after an hour of this update going live (all platforms) I'll have a supreme weapon.

No questions here just that comment.

Lol. I will have several. If they allowed epic borns to go Supreme, I could flood the market on day one and make it rain with the scrip I could make.

Sliverbaer
08-13-2015, 06:21 PM
How rare is rare? Still mooing? err wait...

2% of the players rare? Would it be possible to to do a mission or quest to give a 'special one time' upgrade option? Maybe consume other legendary weapons to get the ability to unlock an Epic born to Legendary weapon the chance to upgrade to Supreme?

PS: Thank you Rashere for all your work with weapons.

Untamed1
08-13-2015, 06:22 PM
I'm not sure the devs understood what I was saying in the other threads so I will try to clarify.

Can all the oranges we currently own that were once purples be converted into pure oranges, removing the history of them ever being purples?

- This would be a one time event to preserve the value of the arkforge spent customizing our favorite loot in a time when we were ignorant of the supreme rarity, but Trion knew it was there all along.
- This would preserve trust in Trion that they won't devalue both our money and time.
- If rarity of gold items is a concern you can simply increase the arkforge cost/decrease the upgrade chance.

Crack
08-13-2015, 06:39 PM
My question: As of now all Im hearing is that the only way to get a supreme is to forge it yourself or get it as a drop in an Expo. Will we ever see them added to the lockboxes or non-holiday events? and if so, when?

Supreme lockbox: 3 epics or better with at least one Legendary

OokamiXIII
08-13-2015, 07:03 PM

This. This is what I want to see addressed if they expect my wallet to come out of stasis.

Altras
08-13-2015, 07:04 PM
Besides expeditions, will there be any other way of obtaining Supremes?

The passes of updated faction vendors; will the mk2's be able to supreme?

SanCarioca
08-13-2015, 07:37 PM
From PTS. I actually hope I get an answer from Rashere or Destromathe before this "quickstream":

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to address some of the concerns that many have been posting regarding older epic weapons that have been upgraded to legendary, being unable to become supreme. Rather than create another thread, I will address those concerns here, and hopefully provide some visibility about our planned release, and future objectives.

(...)

With that in mind, understand that placing epics in the mix, allowing all epics to also be upgrade-able to supreme, gets further away from that rarity than we intend. This presents the issue of design vs community impact. We fully realize that many of you have old epic weapons that you would love to turn gold, and we do want you to be able to pursue and accomplish that, but we cannot do it at the cost of balance and design implementation. Because of this, the first iteration of supremes will not include epic weapons being upgrade-able to the new rarity. This will allow the original iteration to saturate at a slower pace, allowing for that rare chase.

This does NOT mean that we will not pursue objectives in the future that allow this to happen. But please temper your expectations, as we have not yet determined how we will approach the subject. We only ask that you keep an open mind, and trust in the fact that we are listening to your feedback, and truly desire to do what is best for the Defiance community, while maintaining the integrity of the game. Thanks as always, for all of your feedback!

Destromathe, thanks for the reply. I understand that the actual situation could be even worse than it is. But it's bad, nonetheless.

Based on this reply that crushed all my hopes and dreams (my Little Stingray is devastated), my main problem now is that we can't hold onto our inventory of Epics forever on that "maybe, perhaps, in the future" outlook. This will COST us money. We'll be carrying around guns that, ultimately, may turn out to be undesirable. Items that will take the space of new items we could be acquiring, without having to purchase even more inventory slots. Which are ssssssssllllllllllllllllooooowwwwwwww to sssssssssscroooooollllllllll, btw.

You have already recognized how Epics are treasured today, and the community has spoken about the time and money we invested in them. Knowing this, what we want to know now is "what do I do with all this loot I've spent money in so far? When you are going to tell us?". Because you can't be really expecting anyone to still consider Epics as no more than vendor trash, once Supreme hits. That's exactly what happened to Rares.

So please, *please*, at least, state a timeframe in the future - say, 1 month from launch day -- where Defiance Tem will commit to tell us their final word on the possibility of upgrading Epics all the way to Supreme, or at least, giving us a one time chance to do it. Don't make it too far in the future. Therefore we'll be able to hold onto our weapons for a set amount of time, knowing that after that, whatever the final decision is, either we'll keep them or scrap them.

Making us indefinetly hoard our inventories of Epics on an uncertain future... is evil, I tell you! E-VIL! :D

At this time, I will give one more push to the idea that I still think that if you just "converted" all *Oranges* to "Natural Oranges" at the time of launch, it would be a balanced solution. People just won't be able to upgrade Epics to Orange so fast, except for the whales that you already know about. Couldn't you deal with them separately instead of hitting everybody in the process?

SanCarioca
08-13-2015, 07:39 PM
Aside from that, I know this livestream will be dedicated to Supreme weapons only, but I'd appreciate quick news about the bug hunt that would take place in this second half of August. I've been filling up Holy Bahamuth's thread with bug reports since you told us it would be a good place for you to observe reports.

edispilfnairb
08-13-2015, 07:41 PM
This is for Rashere.

Can you please clarify your definition of game balance with the current Supreme upgrade rules???

Having only ''natural'' OJ's upgradable does not make supreme weapons rare. People are running around with back packs ,and mule characters, full of natural OJ weapons and shields.

Allowing named Weapons to be supremed???--They are already overpowered from the built in bonuses, how is that balanced?
Also, everyone has extensive collections of named oranges.

Not allowing guns that were turned orange to be supreme does not seem to really be balancing anything when you consider the above. Restricting Ojs that were previously Epic from being supreme pales in comparison to supremeing a named event weapon.

Case in point the Havoc AR. A lot of people turned this gun OJ, its not tradeable. So how is upgrading this gun unbalancing the game, because it was previously purple???

I personally think if you want balance the following should be implemented:

1. Named event OJs can not be sumprem'ed. ( They are already strong with the passive bonuses, and the market is flooded with them)

2. Any gun that is orange and not named event drops (Even if it was previously Epic) can be upgraded to supreme. (But, see #3)

3. Any gun you decide to turn supreme becomes un-tradeable ( this will make people think real hard before they supreme something, and keep the market from getting flooded)

4. Any supreme weapon you get from a natural drop should be tradeable ( Once again keeps the market from getting flooded, and gets people playing more content if they want a supreme weapon they can trade).

Holy Bahamut3
08-13-2015, 07:44 PM
Aside from that, I know this livestream will be dedicated to Supreme weapons only, but I'd appreciate quick news about the bug hunt that would take place in this second half of August. I've been filling up Holy Bahamuth's thread with bug reports since you told us it would be a good place for you to observe reports.

I'm going to try and compile everything again tomorrow, been a chaotic week IRL.

Bentu
08-13-2015, 09:00 PM
Now that epic upgrades have been made virtually worthless are there any plans to reduce the cost of upgrading epics to orange?

OokamiXIII
08-13-2015, 09:30 PM
This is for Rashere.

Can you please clarify your definition of game balance with the current Supreme upgrade rules???

Having only ''natural'' OJ's upgradable does not make supreme weapons rare. People are running around with back packs ,and mule characters, full of natural OJ weapons and shields.

Allowing named Weapons to be supremed???--They are already overpowered from the built in bonuses, how is that balanced?
Also, everyone has extensive collections of named oranges.

Not allowing guns that were turned orange to be supreme does not seem to really be balancing anything when you consider the above. Restricting Ojs that were previously Epic from being supreme pales in comparison to supremeing a named event weapon.

Case in point the Havoc AR. A lot of people turned this gun OJ, its not tradeable. So how is upgrading this gun unbalancing the game, because it was previously purple???

I personally think if you want balance the following should be implemented:

1. Named event OJs can not be sumprem'ed. ( They are already strong with the passive bonuses, and the market is flooded with them)

2. Any gun that is orange and not named event drops (Even if it was previously Epic) can be upgraded to supreme. (But, see #3)

3. Any gun you decide to turn supreme becomes un-tradeable ( this will make people think real hard before they supreme something, and keep the market from getting flooded)

4. Any supreme weapon you get from a natural drop should be tradeable ( Once again keeps the market from getting flooded, and gets people playing more content if they want a supreme weapon they can trade).

This seems like a viable solution to the current problem.

kilza pc user
08-13-2015, 09:45 PM
Okay I heard different thing about this new patch. I feel like it's a good ideal to a certain extent. Your making this game a pay to win when it's "free to play". I would honestly spend a bit to get a weapon up to supreme but if it's how much I have heard to make it supreme you are going to have A big fail. If you make supreme affordable to make a mk1 to a mk2 trust me you will have a lot of buyers. Also I don't think its bad to buy a patron pass every month but when you making this a freemium game it kinda ruins it for some of us that don't really want to buy all this stuff. I buy a PP every month I can but when your forcing people to that's kinda cruel since it use to be a good "free to play".

Octo
08-14-2015, 01:22 AM
- Since named MkI guns became MkII after upgrade - so no more double rolls, I suppose - do we lose the duplicate rolls if we upgrade a non-named prepatch weapon to supreme ?

- What's the actual AF cost to upgrade a weapon to supreme ?

Supreme weapons will gain a damage boost and add an additional Supreme bonus
- Since named weapons already have a damage boost, does it mean we can get 2 damage boosts when we upgrade a named to supreme ?

- What's the difference between a duck ?

Claydough
08-14-2015, 01:59 AM
- Since named MkI guns became MkII after upgrade - so no more double rolls, I suppose - do we lose the duplicate rolls if we upgrade a non-named prepatch weapon to supreme ?

- What's the actual AF cost to upgrade a weapon to supreme ?

- Since named weapons already have a damage boost, does it mean we can get 2 damage boosts when we upgrade a named to supreme ?

- What's the difference between a duck ?

pre patch guns gain an extra epic roll in the supreme spot and obviously the supreme dmg bonus too

cost to 100% upgrade is ~3k arkforge
however 5% @ 100af averages out to 2k per upgrade

whit
08-14-2015, 02:35 AM
cost to 100% upgrade is ~3k arkforge
however 5% @ 100af averages out to 2k per upgrade

I derived these numbers from another thread. They came from PTS so even if they are correct at the moment, they could change on live.

5% @ 100 AF av 2000 AF per upgrade
10% @ 175 AF av 1750 AF
15% @ 250 AF av 1667 AF (but 100% not divisible by 15%, so round up to 7*250 ie. 1750af ?)
20% @ 350 AF av 1750 AF
25% @ 450 AF av 1800 AF

If these numbers are correct then I would probably go with multiple 10% or maybe 15%.

Infinity Eagle
08-14-2015, 04:31 AM

This is the answer. Let us upgrade our formally purple weapons to supreme AND make them un-tradable.
So the question is; Why not this?

PithHelmetIrath
08-14-2015, 05:08 AM
Now that epic upgrades have been made virtually worthless are there any plans to reduce the cost of upgrading epics to orange?

Great question.. seconded.

whit
08-14-2015, 06:24 AM
Any gun you decide to turn supreme becomes un-tradeable ( this will make people think real hard before they supreme something, and keep the market from getting flooded)

This is the answer. Let us upgrade our formally purple weapons to supreme AND make them un-tradable.
So the question is; Why not this?

This has got to be a good compromise.

Even so, not sure where this flood of supremes will come from. Most people will be lucky to have enough AF (~2000 average) to do one weapon. Thereafter, one every month with the 500AF weekly cap. I doubt many people will buy AF from the bit store as it very overpriced.

Holy Bahamut3
08-14-2015, 07:12 AM

Very good question, Id like to see the answer to this as well. Thirded

Midnight
08-14-2015, 07:14 AM
This has got to be a good compromise.

Even so, not sure where this flood of supremes will come from. Most people will be lucky to have enough AF (~2000 average) to do one weapon. Thereafter, one every month with the 500AF weekly cap. I doubt many people will buy AF from the bit store as it very overpriced.

I guess they are hoping the people who spend on this game will buy a lot more AF, but even those players must have a budget in mind. It will most likely just mean that those people will buy less lockboxes when they need the forge.

Crack
08-14-2015, 07:30 AM
I derived these numbers from another thread. They came from PTS so even if they are correct at the moment, they could change on live.

5% @ 100 AF av 2000 AF per upgrade
10% @ 175 AF av 1750 AF
15% @ 250 AF av 1667 AF (but 100% not divisible by 15%, so round up to 7*250 ie. 1750af ?)
20% @ 350 AF av 1750 AF
25% @ 450 AF av 1800 AF

If these numbers are correct then I would probably go with multiple 10% or maybe 15%.

There is nothing true about these numbers and averages. We've tried to explain to this claydough numerous times yet he still states it as fact, and eventaully there are going to be players that believe it and complain because its not working.

When working with percentages, there is no such thing as a guarantee/average when using a random number generator (RNG). Picture it this way. Take a die (a single dice) and pick a number off it. Now roll that die until you hit that number you picked. The chances are the same each and everytime you roll it. You have 1 in 6 chances to roll your number. If you're lucky you could get it on the very first try...BUT...you could also sit there rolling that die for an hour and not get it.

Grandpa Ace
08-14-2015, 07:36 AM
Many of us feel if they are oj now ( when the patch comes out ) then they should all count the same . Yes we understand the goal is to keep them rare . However most ( probably high 90's ) would not have spent 500 forge to upgrade a gun only to have it outdated . Just for example I spent close to 3000 forge on just the last event and well over that to upgrade spinal tap gear only for them to not be the top tier weapons a few months later .

Fully agree. TRION, we spend BITS on some of these weapons, I have several Spinal Tap weapons too, and I upgraded my AR to OJ; not to mention the Ark Forge spent to master it several times before I reached the stat I wanted. Now you say I can't upgrade it to Supreme to maintain game integrity ( Rashere's BOLOGNA reasoning).

If anything, WHY won't you let us upgrade weapons we paid BITS for to Supreme, even though they started as Epic's? E.g., Postal, Spinal Taps, Sustained Suppression, etc..

whit
08-14-2015, 07:45 AM
There is nothing true about these numbers and averages. We've tried to explain to this claydough numerous times yet he still states it as fact, and eventually there are going to be players that believe it and complain because its not working.

They are averages, perhaps I should have said you may need to do it at least a thousand times to get these averages. I know I am unlikely to get an upgrade after exactly 10 goes at 10%, I may get it first go, I may never get it. I do however accept your point that some players will believe it is not working.

Crack
08-14-2015, 08:04 AM
They are averages, perhaps I should have said you may need to do it at least a thousand times to get these averages. I know I am unlikely to get an upgrade after exactly 10 goes at 10%, I may get it first go, I may never get it. I do however accept your point that some players will believe it is not working.

Now with that being said, I wouldnt mind if they increased the 5% chance to 150af and allowed it to stack. If they did that, then it would never cost you more than 3000 forge to hit the upgrade. If they were to allow that, I would also like to see this added to a remastery. If they made the rerolls a process of elimination, then we would never have those weapons that cost us 1000+ af to roll the mastery we wanted. =)

PithHelmetIrath
08-14-2015, 08:10 AM
So now that 'Supreme' weapons are being added to the game, when will we see 'Supreme' enemies be introduced??

Logain
08-14-2015, 08:15 AM
I like the ability to re-roll rolls on guns as well as the Named Supreme Weapons that may drop after Tier 30+ Rd 8+.

Can you give us a hint or sneak peak of the possible Named Supreme Weapon drops in Expeditions?

David Irwin
08-14-2015, 08:33 AM
someone else made a point I think should be considered, if trion want to ensure supremes remain rare they should just be untradeable, and then go ahead and let us spend forge on trying to make any legendary a supreme. other wise some one will get lucky with RNG and try trying to sell supreme for like a billion or something stupid.

Hexthat
08-14-2015, 09:40 AM
I have 120 hunter req atm, I dislike expeditions. Can I spend like 100 to guarantee an OJ to supreme?

Fisherman Joe
08-14-2015, 09:46 AM
If I upgrade a gun to supreme, can the supreme roll be the same as another roll on the gun? Say you have a gun with a blue mag and an oj dmg roll, can the supreme roll be another dmg roll?

Also, when upgrading a gun to supreme and it's a mk 1, is there any way to upgrade without switching it to a mk 2 and losing their double or triple rolled guns? I have a triple mag crimefighter I'm concerned about. I'm sure lots of folks are concerned about their double dmg weapons as well.

Ray8888
08-14-2015, 09:47 AM
If I upgrade a gun to supreme, can the supreme roll be the same as another roll on the gun? Say you have a gun with a blue mag and an oj dmg roll, can the supreme roll be another dmg roll?

No.
10char/

Infinity Eagle
08-14-2015, 10:30 AM

Also, when upgrading a gun to supreme and it's a mk 1, is there any way to upgrade without switching it to a mk 2 and losing their double or triple rolled guns? I have a triple mag crimefighter I'm concerned about. I'm sure lots of folks are concerned about their double dmg weapons as well.
As Ray said, no

1) A weapon cannot have more than one bonus roll that provides the same effect. All the bonuses are tuned around there only being a single one on the weapon.
2) Bonus effects increase with the rarity of the slot. A legendary bonus is always more powerful than a rare one, for example.

Because of #2, when you upgrade a weapon, the newly unlocked bonus will always be more powerful than any previous bonus of the same type on the weapon. To ensure that your upgrade can always get the best possible result, we allow it to roll from any possibility for that new bonus slot. If that roll happens to be a duplicate of an existing roll, to keep weapon balance, we re-roll the lower tier bonus (since it will always be worse) to one of the other options that doesn't already exist on the gun.

This system ensure that EVERY gun has a chance to roll the best possible legendary bonus for the gun. The alternative, only rolling the unused possibilities, would mean that a lot of guns aren't worth upgrading to OJ because the best possible legendary roll is blocked by a lower tier bonus of the same type.

For example, if you're jonesing for a legendary crit bonus on your gun, and the gun already has one in the uncommon bonus slot, the current system ensures that you can still get that legendary crit bonus (which is significantly more powerful than the uncommon one). The alternative would never be able to provide that. If you have a low tier crit bonus, you might as well trash the gun since it would remove the possibility of ever getting the more powerful legendary crit bonus.

It's also worth noting that the legendary bonus rolls already limit the possibilities so that there's a higher chance of them being something directly DPS-affecting than other rolls. For example, accuracy isn't a possibility in the legendary bonus slot.

Rashere
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?219027-upgrade-system-needs-reviewing&p=1788022&viewfull=1#post1788022

Crack
08-14-2015, 11:17 AM
I have 120 hunter req atm, I dislike expeditions. Can I spend like 100 to guarantee an OJ to supreme?

I think I am sitting on about 200 if I count the total I have across 6 toons. Expeditions are just an expert coop and I cant be bothered to do those much either. If I wanted to play the same few coops all day long, Id still be playing Destiny. Yawn

SanCarioca
08-14-2015, 12:45 PM

Let me be the fourth person to support this question.

And add that one of my great funs in Defiance was to master purples while doing my daily missions. It was like a test, to see how good a mastery roll from a purple could be and one of the last "progression" experiences I still enjoyed. You're taking that away from us also, Trion, because good purples where easy to find, carry and invest, like this.

Now we'll only carry oranges. And if they will still be hard to find, less fun for everybody, because who will waste time caring about purples now? We'll just vendor them as soon as we get them, like we do to blues today.

Which begs another question: are you making oranges easier to find in lockboxes, with the change to supreme?

xXxDSMer
08-14-2015, 07:29 PM
So this livestream happened about 3 hours ago, but currently can't watch the recording of it >.<

final rest
08-14-2015, 07:47 PM

this is a big issue to me.. am curious if trion will allow purps that where upgraded to oj to be upgraded again to supreme

Holy Bahamut3
08-14-2015, 08:05 PM
this is a big issue to me.. am curious if trion will allow purps that where upgraded to oj to be upgraded again to supreme

The answer is No. We voiced our displeasure, and they said they would re-evaluate in the future. For the time being its a no. So don't hold onto any purples that you don't absolutely love.

Olaf
08-14-2015, 08:22 PM
The answer is No. We voiced our displeasure, and they said they would re-evaluate in the future. For the time being its a no. So don't hold onto any purples that you don't absolutely love.

I'm looking forward too it to be honest. Just hope some of my favourite weps are natural oj.