PDA

View Full Version : Another possible use for ark salvage?

Jaydogg
08-13-2015, 10:45 PM
The game Smite gave me an idea for a use with salvage. In smite to unlock gods,skins,etc you can either pay with gems bought with cash or with favor earned by completing matches. Seeing as how ark salvage is completely worthless to most players 5000 ego and up why not implement a system similar to smites?

When players want to upgrade the rarity of an item or reroll or whatever, the game gives them the option to pay with ark salvage or arkforge. If ark salvage is used to modify a guns mod slots why not make it do more with the guns. We have scrip to obviously buy from vendors and other players but the salvage well it just accumulates.

I don't know how this would affect trions arkforge sales in the bitstore but I'm pretty sure most players would love this system. This would add more replay value to the game and make that currency actually useful.

Obvious Obbe
08-13-2015, 11:21 PM
I don't know how this would affect trions arkforge sales in the bitstore but I'm pretty sure most players would love this system.

Not gonna happen, bitstore sales may not be tampered with.

Midnight
08-14-2015, 12:02 AM
The game Smite gave me an idea for a use with salvage. In smite to unlock gods,skins,etc you can either pay with gems bought with cash or with favor earned by completing matches. Seeing as how ark salvage is completely worthless to most players 5000 ego and up why not implement a system similar to smites?

When players want to upgrade the rarity of an item or reroll or whatever, the game gives them the option to pay with ark salvage or arkforge. If ark salvage is used to modify a guns mod slots why not make it do more with the guns. We have scrip to obviously buy from vendors and other players but the salvage well it just accumulates.

I don't know how this would affect trions arkforge sales in the bitstore but I'm pretty sure most players would love this system. This would add more replay value to the game and make that currency actually useful.

How about two birds with one stone...put arkforge up for sale at all the reputation vendors...it could cost 1,000 ark salvage per arkforge plus 1 of the reputation points and maybe a hundred scrip per...would act as a scrip, rep and salvage sink all at once...

Gaige12
08-14-2015, 12:49 AM
How about two birds with one stone...put arkforge up for sale at all the reputation vendors...it could cost 1,000 ark salvage per arkforge plus 1 of the reputation points and maybe a hundred scrip per...would act as a scrip, rep and salvage sink all at once...

See poast #2 :D

Claydough
08-14-2015, 02:38 AM
best thing to do with ark salvage is remove it altogether.
make all weapons drop will 4 mod slots and make guns auto salvage for scrip and just get rid of it completely.

players have far too much salvage so implementing a useful feature out of it is either going to be hugely over priced nearing the point of uslessness after everyone spent their 25 million or so
or its gonna be some balance breaking thing if they actually do something useful with it like salvage>af

Mrdr
08-14-2015, 03:55 AM
best thing to do with ark salvage is remove it altogether.
make all weapons drop will 4 mod slots and make guns auto salvage for scrip and just get rid of it completely.

players have far too much salvage so implementing a useful feature out of it is either going to be hugely over priced nearing the point of uslessness after everyone spent their 25 million or so
or its gonna be some balance breaking thing if they actually do something useful with it like salvage>af
^^^ Winning

Olaf
08-14-2015, 04:27 AM
Totally agree. Ark salvage shod be removed,it's a totally pointless currency, which happens to really pee me off when stuff is auto salvaged for salvage instead of scrip which should be optional.

crasher
08-14-2015, 04:49 AM
Totally agree. Ark salvage shod be removed,it's a totally pointless currency, which happens to really pee me off when stuff is auto salvaged for salvage instead of scrip which should be optional.

So you want to eliminate AS because you don't need it anymore.

The Powers That Be won't make weapons available with 4 mod slots because that simplifies the longer and more fulfilling chase down to no chase at all, and they don't have any game content to take it's place.

Newbs have to acquire it to mod weapons because it's ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY that they have something to do, or they'll just watch TV instead of playing the game to find they need inv slots which have to be bought in the cash shop.

So, that just means that after AS is eliminated - The Powers That Be will have to invent a new system of currency for the newbs to chase so they can mod the weapons that you don't worry about anymore.

Smooth move.

Etaew
08-14-2015, 04:50 AM
I wonder if we could lure Rashere into talking about the economy. Because right now Salvage is a useless currency, and Scrip remains the currency for trade, which I consider also useless.

Personally I'd love to see a vendor which would sell (something like):

- 100 Arkforge: for 10,000 Ark Salvage and 1,000 Scrip
- 100 Bits: for 100,000 Ark Salvage and 10,000 Scrip

I'm a big fan of allowing the idea of in-game actions to access the premium content, albeit at a slower rate.

Atticus Batman
08-14-2015, 04:57 AM
I wonder if we could lure Rashere into talking about the economy. Because right now Salvage is a useless currency, and Scrip remains the currency for trade, which I consider also useless.

I'm a big fan of allowing the idea of in-game actions to access the premium content, albeit at a slower rate.

I love this idea. Now we just need to convince Rashere and the other Devs to agree and do it. :)

crasher
08-14-2015, 04:57 AM

If this was a subscription game - your idea would have merit.

This is a micro-transaction game and your method strangles half the cash shoppe income for the game.

What are they going to use to buy the Doritos and Mountain Dew with to keep the devs fed if you cut out the micro-transaction income?

Careful:
They might decide to enact that bogus idea where players claiming they had no time to play a game that 'takes time to play' will just buy their EGO levels in increments of E-500 or E-1000 as some people were insisting they ought be able to - because their time was too valuable to waste playing a game to get to the top level - they wanted to buy access to the top level.

PithHelmetIrath
08-14-2015, 04:59 AM
So you want to eliminate AS because you don't need it anymore.

The Powers That Be won't make weapons available with 4 mod slots because that simplifies the longer and more fulfilling chase down to no chase at all, and they don't have any game content to take it's place.

Newbs have to acquire it to mod weapons because it's ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY that they have something to do, or they'll just watch TV instead of playing the game to find they need inv slots which have to be bought in the cash shop.

So, that just means that after AS is eliminated - The Powers That Be will have to invent a new system of currency for the newbs to chase so they can mod the weapons that you don't worry about anymore.

Smooth move.

^^^ Winning

Cobra Crusher
08-14-2015, 10:21 AM
I like to swim in my ark salvage while singing the Duck Tales theme song.

Jaydogg
08-14-2015, 06:37 PM

Great idea!

Crack
08-14-2015, 07:02 PM
You say there is nothing to spend it on, yet I use it to buy keys everyday.

Just because you refuse to use it for whatever reason, doesnt mean there is no use for it. You cant shoot scrip, so suck it up and spend some of it. ;)

Olaf
08-14-2015, 07:03 PM
Great idea!

Yeah I could finally put that 5mil salvage to use

final rest
08-14-2015, 07:27 PM

this this this

final rest
08-14-2015, 07:28 PM
why dont they just get rid of ark salvage completely.. anything that involves paying for somethin with salvage will hurt micropay sales soooo yeah

cmpowell
08-14-2015, 09:19 PM

You all keep asking for uses for salvage and we're going to end up with a use nobody wants. It's a time tested method with trion. Just buy lock boxes with it and be happy

Jaydogg
08-14-2015, 10:28 PM
Sure an idea like this would hurt trions arkforge sales but the many positives would greatly outweigh that loss.

Low ego/new players would be more likely to keep nice ojs thru to ego 6000 without costing them an arm and a leg,thus enhancing the grinding experience. A luxury the day 1 players were fortunate to have.

Would definitely give a boost to the ingame economy which it badly needs.

Player retention would probably double.

Would possibly convince many players who left to come back and give the game another try.

It would give players a better sense of accomplishment knowing everything they kill will possibly go towards upgrading their guns.

Sure it would hurt the bitstore,but many times in business you gotta spend money to make more money.
For years I've been trying to suggest ideas that would help improve the overall aspect of the game.
The best part of the game for me is the other people, between the dead zone chat,friends who no longer play,the barely functioning economy,doing every arkfall/siege/incursion with only 10 other people it's starting to feel like a mmo without the m in the middle.

Or we can just pretend this game is thriving lol

Claydough
08-15-2015, 12:59 AM

problem with this idea is, right off the bat i could buy atleast 25000 arkforge

now im just one player, there are plenty more people that would have these kinda of currency's laying around.

as good as it would be, injecting that kind volume of af into the game would be game breaking.

Etaew
08-15-2015, 06:49 AM

But that is to be expected, we've had that currency accumulating for a long time with nothing to spend it on. Once there is an outlet and initial spike of people converting it, it will be much lower.

Keziah
08-15-2015, 07:13 AM
What would happen to upgrading turrets during sieges then? I don't know what currency we would use to upgrade them.

Claydough
08-15-2015, 07:21 AM
But that is to be expected, we've had that currency accumulating for a long time with nothing to spend it on. Once there is an outlet and initial spike of people converting it, it will be much lower.

you are not wrong, but the question is, are the devs willing to take that much af injection into the game?
with resent changes, im guessing they're not willing to, which brings me to my first post

Mrdr
08-15-2015, 04:51 PM
You all keep asking for uses for salvage and we're going to end up with a use nobody wants. It's a time tested method with trion. Just buy lock boxes with it and be happy

Exactly. Be careful what you ask for.

Nefarious
08-15-2015, 04:56 PM
Introduce Power Weapons that players can acquire and keep i.e. Reaper Mini Gun, Pale Wars Rocket Launcher ect. ect.

Make said Power Weapons use consumable ammos.

Make said consumable ammos for Power Weapons cost resources to buy.

Make said resources to buy consumable ammos for Power Weapons cost Ark Salvage ect. ect.

Gaige12
08-15-2015, 06:03 PM
Introduce Power Weapons that players can acquire and keep i.e. Reaper Mini Gun, Pale Wars Rocket Launcher ect. ect.

Make said resources to buy consumable ammos for Power Weapons cost Ark Salvage ect. ect.

Just make them so they shoot bits directly out of the players wallet. 1 bullet, 1 bit. :)

Olaf
08-15-2015, 07:52 PM

I would go crazy walking anywhere with that minigun equipped. But I like the idea

Crack
08-15-2015, 09:50 PM
Oh oh oh...create an arc salvage dirty bomb. Lmao

Midnight
08-16-2015, 12:53 AM

now im just one player, there are plenty more people that would have these kinda of currency's laying around.

as good as it would be, injecting that kind volume of af into the game would be game breaking.

Not if it also cost reputation...they could throttle the ability to convert by placing it on rep vendors...starting with just one like tarr or defiant few...they can see which rep vendors are being used the least and put it on the bottom few...which I imagine would be echelon, defiant few, paradise and chimera

Mrdr
08-16-2015, 04:34 AM

Then nerf them immediately so one loses in pvp?

Just yanking your chain Nef. :D

ianvoyager
08-16-2015, 08:16 PM
I feel that a conversion of Ark Salvage to Ark Forge is not only logical, but needed.

Defiance devs are determined to say this will alter the in game currencys, for the worse. But think of it like this. Yes there will be a large spike in the amount of Ark Forge people have and use. But this will be momentary, especially with the release of T6 supreme upgrade options.

And once people have burned through their forge from the conversion, where we are they going to get it from? Well…guess that's the bit store isn't it?

Making a currency basically useless due to it having no uses is detrimental to the game more then any momentary spike generated due to a conversion.

Olaf
08-16-2015, 08:20 PM
I feel that a conversion of Ark Salvage to Ark Forge is not only logical, but needed.

Defiance devs are determined to say this will alter the in game currencys, for the worse. But think of it like this. Yes there will be a large spike in the amount of Ark Forge people have and use. But this will be momentary, especially with the release of T6 supreme upgrade options.

And once people have burned through their forge from the conversion, where we are they going to get it from? Well…guess that's the bit store isn't it?

Making a currency basically useless due to it having no uses is detrimental to the game more then any momentary spike generated due to a conversion.

Gotta see it from trion point of view though.... That spike could mean loss of hundreds of millions of dollars from bit buyers. More chances of epic born ojs becoming supreme than this, although I would gladly welcome this.