PDA

View Full Version : Privacy Instances...Thank you

Altras
08-19-2015, 06:28 AM
I know I can be hard headed often, but this recent update brought something we been asking for a while, private instances. I just want to say thank you Trion Team from all of us at Cronus. Im loving avoiding griefers and completing warmaster without being rushed. I look forward to the other aspects this can apply too.

Thanks again :)

Sea_Jay
08-20-2015, 03:03 AM
Yup, the landscape is already looking abandoned...
either more people dropping out of Defiance,
or they all must be vanishing into private instances?

Since Trion abandoned casual gamers after season two,
and gave up on making new episodes & missions for season 3,
there is nothing new to do.

But Fallout 4 comes out in November,
& a while after that Fallout Online will become available.
So Bethesda will absorb all the Trion chstomers...

Too bad, because the TV Show is doing so well in Season 3,
and looks like it will get renewed for Season 4.
If SyFy doesn't kill it off for Dark Matter & it's other new shows...

sarbonn
08-20-2015, 11:16 AM
To be honest, I'm kind of sad that these private instances are going to be around because I actually liked grouping with some of the people in different clans, including Cronus. What this means to me is that my clan will probably not be in instances with other large clans, which takes away from a lot of the fun atmosphere I used to experience in this game.

Some of the WM fights were the most fun because of some of the diverse groups that were involved. Plus, it was a lot easier to do a WM when you could call on your entire clan and know that one of the other larger clans was calling on all of its people, too.

Oh well. I guess if it ruins the experience, there are other games to move onto.

Psycroww
08-20-2015, 11:19 AM
Wait for private pvp, now they will kill both the instances and pvp servers so specific clans can have their entertainment while the rest of the community suffers. 10/10 trion, really thought out of the box on this one.

Holy Bahamut3
08-20-2015, 11:38 AM
Everything seems kind of balanced out now that the WM has private insurances. We can no longer get more than 24 people in, but we can select people who know what their doing. Thanks Trion, you finally did something good for the DLC owners.

Altras
08-20-2015, 11:40 AM
Wait for private pvp, now they will kill both the instances and pvp servers so specific clans can have their entertainment while the rest of the community suffers. 10/10 trion, really thought out of the box on this one.

Trolls on a thank you post. Private pvp will be excellent, and we cant wait to host special weapons matches. Also, you have a goodbye thread and you still play. 10/10 for consistency.

Psycroww
08-20-2015, 11:52 AM
Trolls on a thank you post. Private pvp will be excellent, and we cant wait to host special weapons matches. Also, you have a goodbye thread and you still play. 10/10 for consistency.

That's not trolling, it is being honest. I have a goodbye to cronus thread, but you think your clan is the entire game. Oh wait, would trolling be asking if that still was your clan? Last time I recall you left the game for a week because the majority of the community didn't seem to "get along" with you. Also ironic how you told people to stay away from defiance data after I made that. 10/10 for irony. And ofcourse you'll think it will be excellent because it is geared toward you guys. However it doesn't favor the game or the rest of the community.

Holy Bahamut3
08-20-2015, 11:56 AM

http://imgur.com/TAYHTBv.jpg

Psycroww
08-20-2015, 11:59 AM
http://imgur.com/TAYHTBv.jpg

He isn't feeding anyone, I was just stating my opinion on what a private pvp would do to the game. Trolling would be bringing up one of my threads, that he fought so hard to take down btw, and then copying what I said. But we all know how the people follow Caesar's legion in Fallout, it is the same in this case. I'll let you put 2 and 2 together

MrQuacky
08-20-2015, 12:05 PM
* grabs popcorn as drama intesifies*

Holy Bahamut3
08-20-2015, 12:07 PM

Here's some.

http://imgur.com/1zUUccw.gif

Psycroww
08-20-2015, 12:10 PM

Is it really drama if a person says something but hides after he can't back anything up?

Dixie Cougar
08-20-2015, 12:11 PM
I don't even bother doing endgame content with random people anymore. It's actually more fun helping new players because they're usually more interested in getting better whereas some 5ks are simply determined to be baddies "because it's fun"... otherwise, I stick with clan & friends.

Unfortunately this probably does mean public wms will get even worse than they were. But I've done exactly one WM in the last 2 months and that was as a favor to someone. So at the end of the day... DGAF.

Psycroww
08-20-2015, 12:13 PM
I don't even bother doing endgame content with random people anymore. It's actually more fun helping new players because they're usually more interested in getting better whereas some 5ks are simply determined to be baddies "because it's fun"... otherwise, I stick with clan & friends.

Unfortunately this probably does mean public wms will get even worse than they were. But I've done exactly one WM in the last 2 months and that was as a favor to someone. So at the end of the day... DGAF.

I prefer helping people as well instead of the casual "here I'm letting you participate in my event even tho it's out there in the world where everyone can play" and if you don't follow my exact ways then you can not have a cookie!

Altras
08-20-2015, 12:14 PM
He isn't feeding anyone, I was just stating my opinion on what a private pvp would do to the game. Trolling would be bringing up one of my threads, that he fought so hard to take down btw, and then copying what I said. But we all know how the people follow Caesar's legion in Fallout, it is the same in this case. I'll let you put 2 and 2 together

Awh guys, he's still crying! This is cute, sorry I don't have any ****s to give. If anything, it'll boost the games pvp, since hosted matches are usually a good thing. (ever play counterstrike?) Saying it would hinder, is just a bunch of gibberish. Kind of like the rest of your nonsense!

Holy Bahamut3
08-20-2015, 12:14 PM
Is it really drama if a person says something but hides after he can't back anything up?

You're not going to bait me. Honestly Psy you either have a huge crush on Altras, or just comment to bait him into an argument. Either way you should stop, He's just not that into you.

Dixie Cougar
08-20-2015, 12:16 PM
I prefer helping people as well instead of the casual "here I'm letting you participate in my event even tho it's out there in the world where everyone can play" and if you don't follow my exact ways then you can not have a cookie!

Yeah pretty much. I don't really care what people do in open world as long as they don't spam visually obtrusive weapons. Expeditions are another matter obviously.

Altras
08-20-2015, 12:16 PM
You're not going to bait me. Honestly Psy you either have a huge crush on Altras, or just comment to bait him into an argument. Either way you should stop, He's just not that into you.

Least I'm trying to stay on topic rather than listen to him continue to cry over something that happened months ago.

Private instance anything is also a (Keyword:) OPTION. Pubmasters are still very much alive. Pinning less players on privates, rather than the lack of actual content, bug fixes, and server instability, is also pretty silly.

Private Warmaster? Let those who want to organize, organize.
Private PvP? People want to do a swords only match? Sounds like fun to me.
Id bang for private sieges too, simply because gathering a large crowd before initiating usually results with a lot of people saying "this was fun". Which is basically what we're all going for. If I find its fun to organize rather than rush, whats the harm in that?

Psycroww
08-20-2015, 12:17 PM
Awh guys, he's still crying! This is cute, sorry I don't have any ****s to give. If anything, it'll boost the games pvp, since hosted matches are usually a good thing. (ever play counterstrike?) Saying it would hinder, is just a bunch of gibberish. Kind of like the rest of your nonsense!

Oh wait, is it time for a logical conversation? Since you avoided talking to me when we actually had mutual things in common? Please explain how private pvp benefits casual players that aren't in clans. I'll wait for a justification as long as the que time will be for a normal match.

Psycroww
08-20-2015, 12:18 PM

I'm not trying to bait anyone, I'm simply stating the truth, and the truth can be pretty hard for Caesar to take himself. Trust me if I wanted to bait him into anything, I could easily do it. I just find it funny on how someone can take that much pride into themselves and then have his followers back him up

Holy Bahamut3
08-20-2015, 12:18 PM
Least I'm trying to stay on topic rather than listen to him continue to cry over something that happened months ago.

Yep that was the plan anyway, just wanted to give my perspective and be done with it. So back to the topic: Private instances, YAY!

Psycroww
08-20-2015, 12:20 PM

I got over that subject when I made the post on defiance data, please do a reality check and realize you are the one that brought it up in this thread

Holy Bahamut3
08-20-2015, 12:21 PM
Yeah pretty much. I don't really care what people do in open world as long as they don't spam visually obtrusive weapons. Expeditions are another matter obviously.

This is why I like Private instances, now people have the options to do what they want. If they are tired of the bmg spam, they can make an instance with friends they know won't spam them. It's a win/win for everyone. New people have the same options so their is no problems outside of PUG's.

Dixie Cougar
08-20-2015, 12:21 PM
I got over that subject when I made the post on defiance data, please do a reality check and realize you are the one that brought it up in this thread

Well you just stated an opinion. I don't know why they had to drag old shtako into it. I'm all for private everything myself, but that doesn't mean there isn't a downside.

MrQuacky
08-20-2015, 12:23 PM
*** baby come back midi sounds in the bgm ***

Is this the part when everyone starts singing and dancing about frienship ?

Psycroww
08-20-2015, 12:24 PM
Well you just stated an opinion. I don't know why they had to drag old shtako into it. I'm all for private everything myself, but that doesn't mean there isn't a downside.

It is what it is man. I just try to talk and if he is involved in anything then I am trolling or bringing up old news, noticed how I asked a logical question and he didn't respond? Because the reality of the situation is yes, private instances and private pvp is great for clans. It is extremely detrimental to casual players and beginners. There is nothing to argue about because it is true.

Tex_Arcana

I still scratch my head when I see some folks doing WM's for hours and not actually leveling their egos.
I became bored with WM months ago.
Just not worth the trouble and potential failure.

Dixie Cougar
This is why I like Private instances, now people have the options to do what they want. If they are tired of the bmg spam, they can make an instance with friends they know won't spam them. It's a win/win for everyone. New people have the same options so their is no problems outside of PUG's.

I always thought of it that way.

Now can't we all just get along, or at least say our piece? None of these opinions are beyond the pale.

Psycroww
08-20-2015, 12:25 PM
As I've said before psychopath, I don't have anything to prove to you. You remind me of my ex girlfriend. I'mma start calling you Jenna.

Also, you didn't come here for a logical conversation, you came here to talk some ****, and try to elevate yourself on someone else's back again. Because that's the kind of person you are Jenna, your not independent.

Still avoiding the question and bringing up old drama? Come on, even Jenna had enough of a clue to get fed up with your ****. By the way, you spelled something wrong mighty Caesar.

Altras
08-20-2015, 12:25 PM
It is what it is man. I just try to talk and if he is involved in anything then I am trolling or bringing up old news, noticed how I asked a logical question and he didn't respond? Because the reality of the situation is yes, private instances and private pvp is great for clans. It is extremely detrimental to casual players and beginners. There is nothing to argue about because it is true.

Some of the first advice given to a lot of players (go ahead and ask) is to find a good clan. Unless your an antisocial pessimist (cough), Private instances aren't so limited.

Altras
08-20-2015, 12:27 PM
Still avoiding the question and bringing up old drama? Come on, even Jenna had enough of a clue to get fed up with your ****. By the way, you spelled something wrong mighty Caesar.

Yah, least I gave her what she wanted. And if I didn't, she didn't cry and write a ****ing novel whining over the whole experience.

Psycroww
Some of the first advice given to a lot of players (go ahead and ask) is to find a good clan. Unless your an antisocial pessimist (cough), Private instances aren't so limited.

Antisocial? I got shunned by trying to speak to you LOLOLOLOL come on. Do you ever get tired of making up stuff? It seriously only adds to your ego and is the reason why majority dislike you.

I honestly hope they don't ask you cause they'll get kicked for apposing the mighty Caesar!

Holy Bahamut3
I always thought of it that way.

Now can't we all just get along, or at least say our piece? None of these opinions are beyond the pale.

I know right. LOL

MrQuacky
08-20-2015, 12:29 PM
this is the best thread ever xD

i actually went and fast read the defiance data stuff. :O

how will this story ends??!?!?!?

Psycroww
08-20-2015, 12:29 PM
Yah, least I gave her what she wanted. And if I didn't, she didn't cry and write a ****ing novel whining over the whole experience.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/a/a7/Legion_end_slide_01.png/revision/latest?cb=20111211010132

Jenna sent me a pic of you btw, the game spoke enough about you for her to write a novel

Psycroww
08-20-2015, 12:31 PM
Like I said, he couldn't bring himself to have a logical conversation, I proved my point. Have a nice day Caesar

Altras
08-20-2015, 12:32 PM
Like I said, he couldn't bring himself to have a logical conversation, I proved my point. Have a nice day Caesar

Well, you can't fix stupid. Least my accomplishments amount to something. Can you say the same? Other than pissing people off what have you contributed? You want a logic? Here's mine: You act like a child, so I talk to you like a child.

Psycroww
08-20-2015, 12:34 PM
Well, you can't fix stupid. Least my accomplishments amount to something. Can you say the same?

It isn't very nice to take Xellia's, myself, Kaspers, Masaths, and countless others accomplishments and label them as yours. Your only accomplishment is being hated more then somedude

MrQuacky
08-20-2015, 12:36 PM
what? is it over? do I have to go back to work T_T ?!!!

I was hoping something like " I am your father " or " you left your back door open " stuff :P

Holy Bahamut3
08-20-2015, 12:38 PM
what? is it over? do I have to go back to work T_T ?!!!

I was hoping something like " I am your father " or " you left your back door open " stuff :P

Sadly real life is as never as cool as the movies.

Altras
08-20-2015, 12:38 PM
It isn't very nice to take Xellia's, myself, Kaspers, Masaths, and countless others accomplishments and label them as yours. Your only accomplishment is being hated more then somedude

I'm not claiming their contribution, I'm speaking directly of my own, and yours. What was the last event you hosted? Do you remember the names of the last 10 people you helped? How about recruited? Do you give weapons and script unconditionally without asking for anything in return?

Besides ****ing with me, when have you actually made any difference whatsoever?

Altras
08-20-2015, 12:42 PM
To be honest, I'm kind of sad that these private instances are going to be around because I actually liked grouping with some of the people in different clans, including Cronus. What this means to me is that my clan will probably not be in instances with other large clans, which takes away from a lot of the fun atmosphere I used to experience in this game.

Some of the WM fights were the most fun because of some of the diverse groups that were involved. Plus, it was a lot easier to do a WM when you could call on your entire clan and know that one of the other larger clans was calling on all of its people, too.

When engaging a private instance, the option to invite friends with clan is there. So if you got those people on your friend list, not much changes.

Psycroww
I'm not claiming their contribution, I'm speaking directly of my own, and yours. What was the last event you hosted? Do you remember the names of the last 10 people you helped? How about recruited? Do you give weapons and script unconditionally without asking for anything in return?

Besides ****ing with me, when have you actually made any difference whatsoever?

I've given more to your clan then you have

MrQuacky
Sadly real life is as never as cool as the movies.

im still having fun on your clan expenses :O

this sort of things happens sooner or later.

i think both of them are actually enjoying it a lil , at least subconciuosly.

none its going to change thier minds about cronus because of this, and like in most situations i bet both of them are at fault, human nature and stuff.

its funny its so public though xD... i bet this thread got really trendy right now.

Tex_Arcana
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/a/a7/Legion_end_slide_01.png/revision/latest?cb=20111211010132

Jenna sent me a pic of you btw, the game spoke enough about you for her to write a novel
Damn. General Tulius is everywhere.
Stupid Imperials and their Thalmor buddies.

Solicea
08-20-2015, 12:45 PM
You know, as a clan leader.. I am constantly giving out freebies, mostly to the public. I don't think I could count the number I give out or even name the random people I give them to. I guess I don't worry about keeping score on it. I just get a kick out of making some random person's day a little brighter. In giving to my clan, well, we have so many in our clan that give great stuff without asking diddly squat in return that its also hard to keep track of. One simply asks and if someone has it, they usually get it and we move on. The last "real" event we did was for our clanniversary in July. I think we were the first to post events that month but hey it was a craaaazy event month with the holiday I think everyone wanted to do events. Still, I think ours turned out pretty well other than a few griefers in game...some people are just such sticks in the mud. I guess that question wasn't for me or anything but, I was just curious if my awful memory could even answer those questions. I don't guess I really can. Hmm. Maybe I need some tally sheet or something. Oh, and I think my awesome clannies beat me to inviting new members. There's a new guy everytime I log in!! They usually rock though so its all gravy :). Lol, sometimes members can be there a week before they realize who I am. I am so naughty.

Oh snikies but this is off topic and I've gone and gotten off topic as well. Dangit!!

Private WM, I am glad to have them so I don't have people spamming BMGs WOOT!! I love the options for training it could give as well. I love being able to go into things and have a plan, long as it doesn't take two hours. WMs shouldn't take two hours...

Altras
08-20-2015, 12:46 PM
i think both of them are actually enjoying it a lil , at least subconciuosly.

Common, like I let anyone talk down to me. Boston strong baby <3

Psycroww
08-20-2015, 12:48 PM
Common, like I let anyone talk down to me. Boston strong baby <3

He hides instead

Altras
08-20-2015, 12:48 PM
I've given more to your clan then you have

Now who's making stuff up.

He hides instead

Lol what? Psycho been smoking the good stuff.

MrQuacky
08-20-2015, 12:50 PM
i think this kinds of personal grudges makes into the lore of the games :O its kinda sad its not a guild vs guild things its just the two of you.

is there any guild vs guild folklore around? lets spice it up xD

Psycroww
08-20-2015, 12:52 PM
I've said all I've needed to. The house always wins.

Altras
08-20-2015, 01:02 PM
I've said all I've needed to. The house always wins.

You've said nothing substantial, just piss and moaned over some nonsense.

Solicea
08-20-2015, 01:03 PM
OhMrquacky. If you only knew.

MrQuacky
08-20-2015, 01:08 PM
OhMrquacky. If you only knew.

hahaha dont leave me hanging XD

Solicea
08-20-2015, 01:18 PM
No thank you. No naming and shaming ban for this little chickie. Besides, its an MMO, have you known an MMO NOT to have some sort of drama? That many personalities all shoved in one fishbowl?

Altras
08-20-2015, 01:22 PM
Sink or Swim. Haven't sunk yet.

MrQuacky
08-20-2015, 01:26 PM
No thank you. No naming and shaming ban for this little chickie. Besides, its an MMO, have you known an MMO NOT to have some sort of drama? That many personalities all shoved in one fishbowl?

Booooooh :O , i understand tough.

this guild I've joined doesnt seems to be much trouble. most of them are quite and invite me to stuff. I cant complain.

Kings of Awe its the name i might have wrote it wrong. im not a detail person :P

Sink or Swim. Haven't sunk yet.
was fun to watch some drama for a change xD, chill man.
your guild its cool.
ive seent pyscrow on pvp, he uses swords so cant be that bad as a person :O melee people its usually really super fking awsome just like me.

Solicea
08-20-2015, 01:28 PM
Yeah, I am blessed with a pretty quiet clan internally. They're all great guys and gals. Doesn't mean we aren't in the know though. Our three members have been around awhile. lol.

Dixie Cougar
08-20-2015, 01:29 PM
Booooooh :O , i understand tough.

this guild I've joined doesnt seems to be much trouble. most of them are quite and invite me to stuff. I cant complain.

Kings of Awe its the name i might have wrote it wrong. im not a detail person :P

was fun to watch some drama for a change xD

There's a history I could tell you about that secondhand, though it's not super-exciting or anything.

MrQuacky
08-20-2015, 01:30 PM
There's a history I could tell you about that secondhand, though it's not super-exciting or anything.

shoot :O!!!

Fenikkusu Gatou
08-20-2015, 05:05 PM
... You do realize that the private instance is optional, right? When someone pops a WM event, you can choose to participate in the public battle or make a private instance of either Friends/Clan/Group. Last night I did a public event where everyone did everything wrong and we all still won (killed off Viscera, shot locks). People who have been playing the public events have lost nothing. In fact, we beat him with mostly Boomers and crap. (I personally had a Volge Breecher and a FRC Flare with a good crit rating). -And ppl were still complaining. Someone even left. So they missed out on the loot. LOL.

Now I have a nice new Purple shotty (that launches enemies like a freaking catapult). Personally, I think the difficulty on the WM has been dialed down (proportionate to the difficulty increase in SV)--likely to appease those of us who have really nice Arkbreaker OJ's that cannot, at the current time, ever become Supreme.

But I like the option of the Private Instance myself, even though I don't see myself using it very often. -I like the public battles.

tastydefiance
08-20-2015, 05:08 PM

Altras
08-20-2015, 07:10 PM
Lol "mighty" altras and leech psycrow noobing it out. Couple of quacks both of them and breeders of some comically bad players. Heh

Who are you? Bad player? Show me your highest best score in whatever, then watch me put it to shame ;)

Holy Bahamut3
08-20-2015, 08:13 PM
I think from this point forward we should stay on topic. It's just not fruitful to argue with trolls. They get fed, we get annoyed and the upbeat topic is left in shambles (which was their initial goal to begin with).

Psycroww
08-20-2015, 08:34 PM
Lol "mighty" altras and leech psycrow noobing it out. Couple of quacks both of them and breeders of some comically bad players. Heh

First comment in over a year is pretty irrelevant. This is a troll, stating an opinion isn't, provoking an emotional response is.

Holy Bahamut3
08-20-2015, 08:37 PM
Private instance anything is also a (Keyword:) OPTION. Pubmasters are still very much alive. Pinning less players on privates, rather than the lack of actual content, bug fixes, and server instability, is also pretty silly.

Private Warmaster? Let those who want to organize, organize.
Private PvP? People want to do a swords only match? Sounds like fun to me.
Id bang for private sieges too, simply because gathering a large crowd before initiating usually results with a lot of people saying "this was fun". Which is basically what we're all going for. If I find its fun to organize rather than rush, whats the harm in that?

My thoughts exactly. This opens the door for inventive new clan events, while not harming anyone else's gaming experience.

Lithova
08-20-2015, 09:13 PM
Why should Private instances for PVP even be considered? Its PVP its not suppose to be limited to a clan only where you see a particular clan trying to claim a PVP match an impose their rules that all players are only allowed to use a specific gun/ loadout / perk etc..I recall a dev stating this...

We are not going to take away or limit any perks, powers, rigs, chips, weapons, or consumables from being used in PvP. Defiance is a game of choice and you have spent your time honing your specific playstyle and loadouts to fit that style. - http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?221872-Upcoming-PvP-Balance-Changes-on-PTS&p=1808058&viewfull=1#post1808058

I'm against Private PVP instances as that would interfer with the intention and spirit of what PVP is about. I am however all for Private WM's instances.

Free2play
08-20-2015, 09:17 PM
Actually i think its a stupid idea, and its funny because every-time someone starts up a warmaster, everyone still joins up together. and yea there are people who don't listen and shoot the locks lol, but people still join up together instead of going to a private room.

Holy Bahamut3
08-20-2015, 09:27 PM
Why should Private instances for PVP even be considered? Its PVP its not suppose to be limited to a clan only where you see a particular clan trying to claim a PVP match an impose their rules that all players are only allowed to use a specific gun/ loadout / perk etc..I recall a dev stating this...

- http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?221872-Upcoming-PvP-Balance-Changes-on-PTS&p=1808058&viewfull=1#post1808058

I'm against Private PVP instances as that would interfer with the intention and spirit of what PVP is about. I am however all for Private WM's instances.

I don't believe Private Instances are even being discussed for PVP yet. Their certainly doesn't seem to be any kind of push for it right now anyway, due to the lack of balance in PVP. That may change after they tweak it on PTS and get it out to the live servers. I wouldn't be completely against the idea depending on how they plan to implement it.

Lithova
08-20-2015, 10:23 PM
I don't believe Private Instances are even being discussed for PVP yet. Their certainly doesn't seem to be any kind of push for it right now anyway, due to the lack of balance in PVP. That may change after they tweak it on PTS and get it out to the live servers. I wouldn't be completely against the idea depending on how they plan to implement it.

I'm responding to the statements made in this thread regarding it. The thing with the balancing PVP is a whole other beast; but I hold by my opinion with regards to Private PVP instances especially considering the quoted statement I posted.

Belle Starr
08-20-2015, 11:02 PM
Private instances seem more than a little elitist to me, and I do worry that they will chase away both the casual player, new players, and those who belong to small clans from the game I love! Sooner or later, people will feel forced to join a big clan if they want to have a successful Warmaster hunt or have a large PVP event make (if it goes private instance too). Not everyone likes to march in lockstep (no offense to those who do) but I don't believe the large clans can sustain the game by themselves, even if they think they can! :(

It doesn't matter how big your kingdom is if the world it's in dies! :)

Or I'm just a doomsayer! LOL! :D

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/the-end-of-the-world-2012.jpg

c_e_r_u_l_e_a_n
08-21-2015, 12:53 AM
Yea, great. Still doesn't fix the WM disconnects. Guess now I can DC in private?

Altras
08-21-2015, 05:35 AM
People on friendslist can still access large clan privates. Can't quote on my phone, but to Lithova, private pvp matches would remove large groups of players trying to do weapon only matches from spamming it. Those who want to pvp normally can, and those who want to organize special events can. Im failing to see how thats a bad thing

sixsais
08-21-2015, 05:49 AM
It's not that private instances are a bad thing, it's the intentionality behind asking for private everything. I fear some people are pushing for these changes because of all the wrong reasons. Mainly to feed their own egos.

With that said, to each their own, I don't mind either way.

BadGrampa
08-21-2015, 05:55 AM
Yup, the landscape is already looking abandoned...
either more people dropping out of Defiance,
or they all must be vanishing into private instances?

Since Trion abandoned casual gamers after season two,
and gave up on making new episodes & missions for season 3,
there is nothing new to do.

But Fallout 4 comes out in November,
& a while after that Fallout Online will become available.
So Bethesda will absorb all the Trion chstomers...

Too bad, because the TV Show is doing so well in Season 3,
and looks like it will get renewed for Season 4.
If SyFy doesn't kill it off for Dark Matter & it's other new shows...

They've been slowly nailing down the coffin for this game and I'm not spending any more money on this scam. Pre-ordered Fallout 4 and just started playing Fallout 3 again and guess what? No lag, no "Insert coin here" crap and no more unpleasant surprises when they change the rules and try to take more of your money.

Defiance play time for me is now near zero. Thanks Trion.

Belle Starr
08-21-2015, 07:41 AM
People on friendslist can still access large clan privates. Can't quote on my phone, but to Lithova, private pvp matches would remove large groups of players trying to do weapon only matches from spamming it. Those who want to pvp normally can, and those who want to organize special events can. Im failing to see how thats a bad thing

The possible long term problem I see is a numbers one! The more large clans (and their friendslist) do private instances, the fewer people there will be to do successfull public instances, alienated and chasing away new players, casual players, and small clans, unless they force themselves to join large clans, which many do not want to do! Private instances may be great for large clans to organize special events, but if it becomes an elitist habit for large clans to have only private instances, I fear it may kill the game I love in the long run! As I noted earlier, I REALLY don't think large clans can sustain the game on their own! :(

Private instances may SEEM like a good idea at the time, but IDK about it in the long term! :)

http://31.media.tumblr.com/92f0dd05c1a3da8c7de3f623a02d32a6/tumblr_nrhsotVWAz1s02vreo1_400.gif

Holy Bahamut3
08-21-2015, 08:00 AM
Private instances seem more than a little elitist to me, and I do worry that they will chase away both the casual player, new players, and those who belong to small clans from the game I love! Sooner or later, people will feel forced to join a big clan if they want to have a successful Warmaster hunt or have a large PVP event make (if it goes private instance too). Not everyone likes to march in lockstep (no offense to those who do) but I don't believe the large clans can sustain the game by themselves, even if they think they can! :(

It doesn't matter how big your kingdom is if the world it's in dies! :)

Or I'm just a doomsayer! LOL! :D

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/the-end-of-the-world-2012.jpg

I think the way it is implemented gives it balance. It doesn't necessarily leave anyone out, but might for the time being increase the difficulty of PUG's. This way gives more options because, before you had to take a PUG hostage to try out other weapon types or try a fun alteration on strategy. Now you can do these things without interrupting someone else's play session. We all need to remember this option is not free, but costs players hunter req's. So it is something that will be done sparingly. Also the 24 player limit is enforced now, which will make PUG's more challenging anyway. It is by no means the end of the world as we know it, but I admit may cause some smaller clans to have to make friends outside of their circles. We have to remember its a social game and the more the merrier. :-)

Xellia
08-21-2015, 08:11 AM
The possible long term problem I see is a numbers one! The more large clans (and their friendslist) do private instances, the fewer people there will be to do successfull public instances, alienated and chasing away new players, casual players, and small clans, unless they force themselves to join large clans, which many do not want to do! Private instances may be great for large clans to organize special events, but if it becomes an elitist habit for large clans to have only private instances, I fear it may kill the game I love in the long run! As I noted earlier, I REALLY don't think large clans can sustain the game on their own! :(

Private instances may SEEM like a good idea at the time, but IDK about it in the long term! :)

So far I've only seen a few private WM a day and tons of public ones (based on the amount and type of mass invites I've gotten) this week. Having the private instances has not slowed down the amount of public WM that players go to.

I'd love to see private pvp options just so we can do our themed matches without interruption. Swords only, pistols only, laser tag, etc. Having these set as private won't pull a large amount of people from regular pvp or make it so empty that others can't play. Right now we usually do these matches late at night when less people are in pvp. Having one full private waterfront or observatory match everyday- or even a couple of times a day will not hurt pvp in the game.

MrQuacky
08-21-2015, 08:18 AM
So far I've only seen a few private WM a day and tons of public ones (based on the amount and type of mass invites I've gotten) this week. Having the private instances has not slowed down the amount of public WM that players go to.

I'd love to see private pvp options just so we can do our themed matches without interruption. Swords only, pistols only, laser tag, etc. Having these set as private won't pull a large amount of people from regular pvp or make it so empty that others can't play. Right now we usually do these matches late at night when less people are in pvp. Having one full private waterfront or observatory match everyday- or even a couple of times a day will not hurt pvp in the game.

as long as you invite me i wont complain xD , dunno i dont really care about private stuff.
there's no much pvpers in game anyway. i can hardly imagine spending 1 hunter req for every pvp match.
so im sure most are going to be public.
if the pvp revamp they are planning on pts works more people will pvp, if not, it doesnt really mather if they are private or public. theres not going to be many matches going on.

Psycroww
08-21-2015, 08:34 AM

http://31.media.tumblr.com/92f0dd05c1a3da8c7de3f623a02d32a6/tumblr_nrhsotVWAz1s02vreo1_400.gif

These are my thoughts exactly. Take away the clan perspective for just a minute and step into the shoes of a casual player that doesn't have time for a clan or doesn't want to be in one, a person who plays to just play a mmorpg and play the game with people without actually having to get involved with them. Don't get me wrong everyone needs assistance and all, just take the mentality of inviting them to your clan out of the way.

I was actually the first person to suggest private warmaster and pvp. I brought it up 6-7 months ago and started spreading the idea to other people in the clan I was in, and I brought it to the attention of a few devs and asked them what their thoughts of it was. Now I have a different perspective of the game and my opinion is completely different then what it was when I was in that clan.

Lets just map out the pros and cons. The cons out way the pros in the long run

Clan - Pros:
*Have the ability to host events
*Can get away from "trolls"
*Have the ability to customize games to their choosing (aka private matches where x and y weapons only)
*A unique practicing experience

Clan - Cons:
*The majority of instances will have a limit on them, the clans that usually favor private instances are bigger then that limit. So you will have people that won't get in, it can bring in issues.
*Favoritism will always be a factor
*Disagreements on what the "rules" are. Which can lead to unnecessary negativity.
* F A V O R I T I S M
*Isolates the clan into subsections.
*Can be seriously abused.

This can be BOTH a pro and a con
*Variety on what you can do in the game.
While half of the clan is doing a private warmaster and half of the clan is doing a private pvp match, the casual clannies who don't like pvp or zerging it after 1,000 warmasters are left alone doing volge events or expeditions and dailies with little help.

Casual- Pros:
Honestly I can only think of one pro and it is having the clans away from you and what you do in the open world.

Casual- Cons:
*Everything.
*No, seriously, e v e r y t h i n g.

*Majority of big clans help out in events, they won't be there to help.
*Que times will skyrocket to ridiculous times.
*Takes away from the whole mmorpg experience.
*there is honestly so much I could go into but just read the first 2, literally everything.

This game is a mmorpg, not a online shooter, not a online campaign, comparing it to strictly pvp games and a game that has just an online multiplayer is invalid because those aren't mmorpgs. The whole point of one is to do events as a community, not as just a clan.

In the short term, yes, private instances and pvp is awesome. You got all this variety and you get to set up dates and this and that on what you can do to get away from trolls and you finally get some privacy to do things your own way as a clan.

In the long run, it destroys the game. I don't think anyone can deny this game isn't in a good state. I understand they are private and optional, I get that they aren't required. But we are talking about something that just does not fit in a mmorpg. I have never heard of private pvp or instances in my time playing World of Warcraft or Rift and countless other games. It just does not fit. It isn't necessary.

While they are optional, they will get abused, a clan can have multiple private events going on, which will leave people left out, the clans will eventually stick to it. You honestly can not tell me as a clan if you had the option to hold private pvp, you would choose public pvp. you would hit that private pvp up all day 10/10. Do you understand how many pvp matches I go into where I get messaged saying it is only this weapon. And apparently you are considered scum for using anything else? It happens 6/10 games I play. I'm not joking. Every single observatory and waterfront is like that.

It will get incorporated eventually to where shadow war and many other events can be entitled to their own private server. Again this is great for the clan, and I understand a lot of people will go into a public match, but it is going to take up at least half of the day of private matches. You can do 4 hours of x and y Weapons and 2 hours of this and then this and this and guess what, while it is all great and dandy for the clan, the casual players get boned waiting in those long ques and failing those events.

This game really does not need private matches because it seriously endangers the community as a whole. It may be hard to break out of the clan bubble and see the community as a whole, but private instances will be like the machines in terminator. They seem great at first, but what happens in the end. Once all of the player base is gone, and it is just the sub divided clans, what will this game be like? I can guarantee you people will leave. And the mmorpg experience will vanish. It will happen over time.

Holy Bahamut3
08-21-2015, 08:56 AM
These are my thoughts exactly. Take away the clan perspective for just a minute and step into the shoes of a casual player that doesn't have time for a clan or doesn't want to be in one, a person who plays to just play a mmorpg and play the game with people without actually having to get involved with them. Don't get me wrong everyone needs assistance and all, just take the mentality of inviting them to your clan out of the way.

I was actually the first person to suggest private warmaster and pvp. I brought it up 6-7 months ago and started spreading the idea to other people in the clan I was in, and I brought it to the attention of a few devs and asked them what their thoughts of it was. Now I have a different perspective of the game and my opinion is completely different then what it was when I was in that clan.

Lets just map out the pros and cons. The cons out way the pros in the long run

Clan - Pros:
*Have the ability to host events
*Can get away from "trolls"
*Have the ability to customize games to their choosing (aka private matches where x and y weapons only)
*A unique practicing experience

Clan - Cons:
*The majority of instances will have a limit on them, the clans that usually favor private instances are bigger then that limit. So you will have people that won't get in, it can bring in issues.
*Favoritism will always be a factor
*Disagreements on what the "rules" are. Which can lead to unnecessary negativity.
* F A V O R I T I S M
*Isolates the clan into subsections.
*Can be seriously abused.

This can be BOTH a pro and a con
*Variety on what you can do in the game.
While half of the clan is doing a private warmaster and half of the clan is doing a private pvp match, the casual clannies who don't like pvp or zerging it after 1,000 warmasters are left alone doing volge events or expeditions and dailies with little help.

Casual- Pros:
Honestly I can only think of one pro and it is having the clans away from you and what you do in the open world.

Casual- Cons:
*Everything.
*No, seriously, e v e r y t h i n g.

*Majority of big clans help out in events, they won't be there to help.
*Que times will skyrocket to ridiculous times.
*Takes away from the whole mmorpg experience.
*there is honestly so much I could go into but just read the first 2, literally everything.

This game is a mmorpg, not a online shooter, not a online campaign, comparing it to strictly pvp games and a game that has just an online multiplayer is invalid because those aren't mmorpgs. The whole point of one is to do events as a community, not as just a clan.

In the short term, yes, private instances and pvp is awesome. You got all this variety and you get to set up dates and this and that on what you can do to get away from trolls and you finally get some privacy to do things your own way as a clan.

In the long run, it destroys the game. I don't think anyone can deny this game isn't in a good state. I understand they are private and optional, I get that they aren't required. But we are talking about something that just does not fit in a mmorpg. I have never heard of private pvp or instances in my time playing World of Warcraft or Rift and countless other games. It just does not fit. It isn't necessary.

While they are optional, they will get abused, a clan can have multiple private events going on, which will leave people left out, the clans will eventually stick to it. You honestly can not tell me as a clan if you had the option to hold private pvp, you would choose public pvp. you would hit that private pvp up all day 10/10. Do you understand how many pvp matches I go into where I get messaged saying it is only this weapon. And apparently you are considered scum for using anything else? It happens 6/10 games I play. I'm not joking. Every single observatory and waterfront is like that.

It will get incorporated eventually to where shadow war and many other events can be entitled to their own private server. Again this is great for the clan, and I understand a lot of people will go into a public match, but it is going to take up at least half of the day of private matches. You can do 4 hours of x and y Weapons and 2 hours of this and then this and this and guess what, while it is all great and dandy for the clan, the casual players get boned waiting in those long ques and failing those events.

This game really does not need private matches because it seriously endangers the community as a whole. It may be hard to break out of the clan bubble and see the community as a whole, but private instances will be like the machines in terminator. They seem great at first, but what happens in the end. Once all of the player base is gone, and it is just the sub divided clans, what will this game be like? I can guarantee you people will leave. And the mmorpg experience will vanish. It will happen over time.

I just gave myself a headache trying to understand your point. SO far it seems like you believe that the Private instances will be detrimental to the overall game, problem is their is not evidence to support this as they are new instances. You even contradict yourself when you say that this is an MMO and is supposed to be socially based. Smaller clans or lone wolves will have to make adjustments, but they have the same options as the rest of us. We all have the ability to make friends. Personally i think you are being intentionally OBTUSE in order to garnish a reaction from a certain someone. Either way your position makes little to no sense to me, and is a desperate extrapolation based on irrationality. You point is invalid to me from here on out. My opinion nothing more.

somedude100
08-21-2015, 09:18 AM
Wtf you want to pull me in this man who is this kid? And wtf did I do to you?

Lithova
08-21-2015, 09:24 AM

Did you read what you just said... "private pvp matches would remove large groups of players trying to do weapon only matches from spamming it."

But then Xellia makes a conflicting statement too..." I'd love to see private pvp options just so we can do our themed matches without interruption. Swords only, pistols only, laser tag, etc. Having these set as private won't pull a large amount of people from regular pvp or make it so empty that others can't play."

So which is it? A large group of people or a small group of people...lol

and I quote the dev again

We are not going to take away or limit any perks, powers, rigs, chips, weapons, or consumables from being used in PvP. Defiance is a game of choice and you have spent your time honing your specific playstyle and loadouts to fit that style. - http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?221872-Upcoming-PvP-Balance-Changes-on-PTS&p=1808058&viewfull=1#post1808058

The choice is that players have options to play pvp the way they want (provided its not against the EULA and ToS) meanwhile you want to control it for clan events and its clearly not mean to be clan specific...hence the term PVP. Anyways a lot of excellent points made by Psycrow and Bella and a few others, personally I hope they don't waste resources on private PVP instances especially considering the fact there are far more pressing issues with PVP.

MrQuacky
08-21-2015, 09:28 AM
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/69852/3477455-great%2Banother%2Bflame%2Bwar%2B_cbabb73277ad9045e f25ab404d3a4c41.gif
let the flame wars! BEGIN!!!

Psycroww
08-21-2015, 09:32 AM
i think you are being intentionally OBTUSE in order to garnish a reaction from a certain someone. Either way your position makes little to no sense to me, and is a desperate extrapolation based on irrationality. You point is invalid to me from here on out. My opinion nothing more.

You are so ignorant if that is what you believe. My issue with Altas was already sorted out in a PM. I have nothing more to talk about on that manner and if you want to keep the discussion off topic then you are on the wrong page. If you can't find my point in that then I don't even know what to say to you.

Fallen_Aingeal
08-21-2015, 09:38 AM
*snip* TLDR

I was actually the first person to suggest private warmaster and pvp. I brought it up 6-7 months ago and started spreading the idea to other people in the clan I was in, and I brought it to the attention of a few devs and asked them what their thoughts of it was. *snip* Way TLDRAre you serious???

You were the "first" person to suggest this??? 6-7 months ago??? really?

When the WM was introduced in Nov. 2013, within a week we were asking for ways to make private instances. You're honestly going to try to take credit for this? Unbelievable.

Look in the archives. The evidence is there.

Remember. There are those of us that have been here since/or very near the beginning that know and recall the true course of events. With your long winded assertion, you have lost all credibility, as far as I'm concerned...

Holy Bahamut3
08-21-2015, 09:42 AM
Are you serious???

When the WM was introduced in Nov. 2013, within a week we were asking for ways to make private instances. You're honestly going to try to take credit for this? Unbelievable.

Remember. There are those of us that have been here since/or very near the beginning that know and recall the true course of events. With your long winded assertion, you have lost all credibility, as far as I'm concerned...

I think it was instantaneous after the release of DLC 2, that the community asked for them. That content was soo broken at release. I cringe just thinking about it.

Fallen_Aingeal
08-21-2015, 09:46 AM
I think it was instantaneous after the release of DLC 2, that the community asked for them. That content was soo broken at release. I cringe just thinking about it.

And it only got worse as time went on.

I fully remember the campaigns that Maverick, Dramaqueen, Overtkill, and I led trying to get them to allow private instances. And, it was much longer ago than "6-7 months ago". Hell, 2 of the above named haven't played in over a year!

Psycroww
08-21-2015, 09:49 AM
Are you serious???

Sorry let me rephrase to one of the few that associated with the devs on it. When I brought it up hardly anyone thought of the idea nor was it going around anywhere, when we brought it to the devs attention, we made progress on it taking effect. Didn't mean literally the first person, my bad mr. serious

MrQuacky
08-21-2015, 09:50 AM
I dont get the abuse part in privates XD, i mean wtf are you talking about?

the long times in pvp are not going to improve nor going to be much worse because of private matches.

you are fighting for crumbs instead of baking a new cake man.

make pvp more appealing, dont restrict private matches because you feel you will lack players.

95% of the players dont pvp :O thats the problem thats the focus. dont overthink so much about a piece of that remaining 5 % distribution.

Infinity Eagle
08-21-2015, 09:53 AM
Are you serious???

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?141482-Feedback-Arkbreaker-DLC-2&p=1337305&viewfull=1#post1337305

You are correct. December 2013 it was asked for.

Psycroww
08-21-2015, 09:59 AM
Plus I'm not trying to take credit for anything, I was just stating that I was one of the main advocaters of it, to me there is a difference between coming on the forums and just simply throwing out hey 20-24 man private warmasters and actually discussing in 1 on 1 with a few devs. I mean sure in the literal context I was wrong. But if you compare someone who brought it up that looks like they dont play since they havent signed on for over a year, to me there is a difference between mentioning it once or twice and actually getting involved with devs and introducing the idea to the team to get them to work on it.

Holy Bahamut3
08-21-2015, 10:01 AM
And it only got worse as time went on.

I fully remember the campaigns that Maverick, Dramaqueen, Overtkill, and I led trying to get them to allow private instances. And, it was much longer ago than "6-7 months ago". Hell, 2 of the above named haven't played in over a year!

Those are names I haven't seen in a while. Those were the days man, before all this F2P, P2W nonsense. The game was crap, but it was our crap.

MrQuacky
08-21-2015, 10:06 AM
Those are names I haven't seen in a while. Those were the days man, before all this F2P, P2W nonsense. The game was crap, but it was our crap.

its still your crap xD!!!
its not that bad, devs are working. communities are growing. people are complaining.
its all good stuff.
when people dont like what they see, they dont complain. They uninstall.

Fallen_Aingeal
08-21-2015, 10:11 AM
Plus I'm not trying to take credit for anything, I was just stating that I was one of the main advocaters of it, to me there is a difference between coming on the forums and just simply throwing out hey 20-24 man private warmasters and actually discussing in 1 on 1 with a few devs. I mean sure in the literal context I was wrong. But if you compare someone who brought it up that looks like they dont play since they havent signed on for over a year, to me there is a difference between mentioning it once or twice and actually getting involved with devs and introducing the idea to the team to get them to work on it.

We did talk to the staff one on one. We tried to work with dahanese, trick and locarb. Unfortunately, there were other things that took precedence. We were diligent about the matter for over a year...

You're statement and then your denial further prove my point.

Fallen_Aingeal
08-21-2015, 10:14 AM
Those are names I haven't seen in a while. Those were the days man, before all this F2P, P2W nonsense. The game was crap, but it was our crap.And, it still is ours to love or hate. Our crap!

TTOWNZ DIRTIEST
08-21-2015, 10:15 AM
only problem with the private WARMASTER, is once it starts and everyone who receieved inv is in it is LOCKED!! And if people critted on the way in they are screwed!!!! We tried it last night 9 clanmates out of like 30 that wanted in made it in and the person who made it couldnt inv anyone else in afterwards????

Crack
08-21-2015, 10:17 AM
I love the addition of the private WMs. We no longer have to spam chat area to:
1. Stop shooting the locks.
2. Stop healing me...I WANT my shield broke.
3. If you go down, extract ffs.
4. Put the infector away.
5. Put away the Crimefighters...its causing frame rate drop.

This is just the top 5 reasons why Im enjoying the WM again.

One of my favorites that I no longer see or hear. "I paid for this game and Ill do whatever I want!". Well now you can just play with others that feel the same way...and we no longer have to care.

Crack
08-21-2015, 10:19 AM
only problem with the private WARMASTER, is once it starts and everyone who receieved inv is in it is LOCKED!! And if people critted on the way in they are screwed!!!! We tried it last night 9 clanmates out of like 30 that wanted in made it in and the person who made it couldnt inv anyone else in afterwards????

There's a hard cap for Private.

Psycroww
08-21-2015, 10:22 AM
You're statement and then your denial further prove my point.

Changing my statement to make it not as literal as can get, and then saying I was wrong is denial? Ok

Fallen_Aingeal
08-21-2015, 11:03 AM
Changing my statement to make it not as literal as can get, and then saying I was wrong is denial? Ok

I used wrong term. How's reneging? Point is, your argument holds no validity now.

MrQuacky
08-21-2015, 11:30 AM
I used wrong term. How's reneging? Point is, your argument holds no validity now.

Can we please start focusiong in whats important here,

me and my awsome hair :O!!!

something like that.

i dont remember what the topic was.

I dont care who wanted the the private things first and certainly !!!!! and certainly !!!! CER - TAIN - LY !!!
such an awsome word...

where does the word AWSOME come from ?

*** some ?

ask someone ?

Fallen_Aingeal
08-21-2015, 11:39 AM
Can we please start focusiong in whats important here,

me and my awesome hair :O!!!

something like that.

i dont remember what the topic was.

I dont care who wanted the the private things first and certainly !!!!! and certainly !!!! CER - TAIN - LY !!!
such an awesome word...

where does the word AWESOME come from ?

*** some ?

ask someone ?Fixed that for ya. ;)

MrQuacky
08-21-2015, 12:03 PM
Fixed that for ya. ;)

o.O you have opened my eyes !!!

Belle Starr
08-21-2015, 12:53 PM
95% of the players dont pvp :O thats the problem thats the focus. dont overthink so much about a piece of that remaining 5 % distribution.

I don't agree with you there, as in so many of the pursuits are wrapped up in PVP, and I believe most players WANT to get to the maximum EGO (AKA 6000). I Hate PVP (personal reasons, won't get into it), but I always ended up playing it during the three years I've been playing Defiance because I want all four of my characters to reach 6000 EGO (Two there, one close, one has a ways to go)! Like it or not, I've always had to play at least some PVP to get to my goals, and I believe most players have this goal as well (be all u can be so to speak)! :)

If PVP goes to privates instances as well as public instances, it will be even harder to make the number needed for a match, and even harder to make those PVP pursuits, frustrating more players who will leave the game, and ultimately, I think, kill the Defiance game! :(

Maybe I'm a worrier (okay, not maybe about it) but I just came out of a public instance Warmaster in game with a only 12 people, although we waited plenty of time for others to join! We won, but that's besides the point! I worry that this is the way it's going to be from now on with big clans sticking to private instances (doesn't cost that much to be prohibitive) and the rest of the "little people" left out in the cold! But then as I said, I'm a worrier! :D

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lota2pAKX81qbvovho1_500.gif

MrQuacky
08-21-2015, 01:06 PM
I don't agree with you there, as in so many of the pursuits are wrapped up in PVP, and I believe most players WANT to get to the maximum EGO (AKA 6000). I Hate PVP (personal reasons, won't get into it), but I always ended up playing it during the three years I've been playing Defiance because I want all four of my characters to reach 6000 EGO (Two there, one close, one has a ways to go)! Like it or not, I've always had to play at least some PVP to get to my goals, and I believe most players have this goal as well (be all u can be so to speak)! :)

If PVP goes to privates instances as well as public instances, it will be even harder to make the number needed for a match, and even harder to make those PVP pursuits, frustrating more players who will leave the game, and ultimately, I think, kill the Defiance game! :(

Maybe I'm a worrier (okay, not maybe about it) but I just came out of a public instance Warmaster in game with a only 12 people, although we waited plenty of time for others to join! We won, but that's besides the point! I worry that this is the way it's going to be from now on with big clans sticking to private instances (doesn't cost that much to be prohibitive) and the rest of the "little people" left out in the cold! But then as I said, I'm a worrier! :D

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lota2pAKX81qbvovho1_500.gif

so your point its that you think the game will not survive long enough untill the pvp revamp they are making in pts if there is a possibility that pvp privates get live first?
:/
you are missing the forest in here.

the problem its that many people think PVP its a chore, a drag , a sacrifice to achieve the max ego level.
just as you said yourself.

THAT its the problem we have to help to fix.

to make it stop being something you have to endure to make it something you can enjoy.

they are accepting suggestions on the PTS forums about the pvp balance that needs to happen.

lets focus on THAT instead of arguing about the chance to let some people get private whatever they want in the future.

again you are fighting over the distribution of a small percentage of people instead of rising the ammount so everyone can have what they want.

Xellia
08-21-2015, 01:10 PM

I've heard a few people that hate pvp list their reasons but don't see private matches killing public matches. Private matches would help the players that hate pvp get training and give a chance to have themed weapon matches, or pursuit matches without disturbing everyone else.

Today I saw alot of people log off to avoid the super lag issue. I've seen plenty of public wm mass invites and gone to a few full rooms.

Altras
08-21-2015, 01:18 PM
snip*
If PVP goes to privates instances as well as public instances, it will be even harder to make the number needed for a match, and even harder to make those PVP pursuits, frustrating more players who will leave the game, and ultimately, I think,kill the Defiance game! :(
snip*

(Once the servers are stable) Over time we'll see how Warmasters, both public and private, play out. I've seen a lot of "This will kill defiance" (I've said it a few times too) but still, here we are. Privates could still be useful to small groups of players specifically for completing pvp pursuits. Pretty much all the pvp pursuits can be completed with 4 people and the right knowledge.

Belle Starr
08-21-2015, 01:34 PM
I sure as shooting hope you guys r right! I guess it doesn't matter to some extent, as the single instance for War Master is in place, so it's a done deal, and I'm betting it will be for PVP soon! I just really, really, really, really, really, hope u guys are right! :)

I guess time will tell! Did I mention I hope you guys are right? LOL! :D

https://31.media.tumblr.com/4dfc3efedca46b626387d74eb15e5131/tumblr_nt9lyzZreI1riwt83o1_540.gif

Deadeye Joe
08-21-2015, 02:08 PM
Can't believe this thread is still going on... But just to add input, our server is European and we have language barriers. Private instances are a hindrance to some isolated nationalities that are in the minority and do not have the means to communicate their wishes. This may be unavoidable exclusion... I don't really know... But from this perspective I'm going to have to say no to private pvp instances. And as previously mentioned about 95% of players not playing pvp, perhaps that's not an accurate estimation, but I personally believe that 95% of the player base spend roughly 5% of their time in pvp. I'd say that's pretty fair, might change with revamp, might not. Couldn't care less at this point... Pvp is not rewarding, emotionally, literally or ethically. It's similar to destiny in many ways, mostly that it is so easily exploitable. And no, I don't fail at pvp, quite the opposite, but when I go 54/0 all I feel is disgust, at myself. Those poor, poor scrubs. Enjoy this opinion! Enjoy it in Internet fashion!