PDA

View Full Version : Apex Detonator too OP

Ryu Soba JP
08-19-2015, 05:24 PM
This weapon is way to OP in pvp match. One shot kills anyone who gets hit with it.
Also, way too many ppl have them. Were they duplicated or did that many people actually spend 100$ haha

DEATHBRINGER210
08-19-2015, 06:51 PM
its a non trade weapon

cmpowell
08-19-2015, 07:49 PM
Its no more powerful than my tn boomer. it just adds bio. you get it on all your toons when you buy it tho

edispilfnairb
08-19-2015, 07:52 PM
I think there was suppose to be a satire tag some where...I am sure if you look real close you will find #SATIRE

xXxDSMer
08-19-2015, 07:52 PM
I'm pretty sure a 1.12dmg topnotch boomer at HIGH ego would have similar results in pvp. Or the jackpot boomer with assassin syn.
Snipers with crits. Some snipers with body shots. Some sawed offs.

There's a lot that can kill a player in one hit.

-----

There's a news flash though... Trion is going to increase time to kill by up to double in the near future.

Ryu Soba JP
08-19-2015, 10:28 PM
I have a TN Boomer with Blue Damage, OJ Damage and Mastered to Damage. I traded off the green reload for Full damage radius. The boomer does 58k damage per shot. I can put a det on a player and detonate and not kill them. However, the apex just explodes near me and I die instantly. I have several reduced damage chips on my rig and I have reduce range from explosives.

xXxDSMer
08-20-2015, 01:07 AM
They're about to be tuning pvp - particularly time to kill.

If your intent of starting this post was to get a $100 detonator nerfed, you might as well be waiting for gold to fall from the sky instead of rain.

Fisherman Joe
08-20-2015, 02:00 AM
I get one shot killed in pvp all the time. Swans, Doves, Boomers, Surge bolters, etc... about the only time it takes more than one shot to kill me it's usually by an ar/smg/infector

Olaf
08-20-2015, 04:16 AM
I have a TN Boomer with Blue Damage, OJ Damage and Mastered to Damage. I traded off the green reload for Full damage radius. The boomer does 58k damage per shot. I can put a det on a player and detonate and not kill them. However, the apex just explodes near me and I die instantly. I have several reduced damage chips on my rig and I have reduce range from explosives.

Well the apex has 55.2k dmg with oj dmg rig, dmg master and sat Syn as second gun.

jremarks
08-20-2015, 04:51 AM
I find the biggest problem with the Apex is the damn blast radius, even with the Blast perk it still one shots form a mile away. Forget Aim to WIn!

DEATHBRINGER210
08-20-2015, 05:58 AM
just wait till the supreme start rolling out. and btw your boomer does more damage than the apex

Ray8888
08-20-2015, 06:03 AM
Well this thread should sell a few more $100 boxes.

cmpowell
08-20-2015, 08:53 AM
I'd think it'd be more likely a flaw with your chips against the apex or if they'd supremed their apex. Your chips against the supreme rarity.

konstantinov
08-20-2015, 09:02 AM
Instead of making a thread about how it's too OP, just go buy the bundle and get your own. You also get 2k ark forge in the bundle.

Olaf
08-20-2015, 09:26 AM
The apex bundle was the best bit of money I have spent in this game. If it was to be nerfd (a single stat in pve/coop/expo) I would personally quit the second the patch went into effect. I'm sure alot of others feel similar.

cmpowell
08-20-2015, 11:51 AM
The apex bundle was the best bit of money I have spent in this game. If it was to be nerfd (a single stat in pve/coop/expo) I would personally quit the second the patch went into effect. I'm sure alot of others feel similar.

If the advanced weapons would've had nanos and syns it would've been a perfect bundle, but it was pretty close without

RAGEFIGHTER
08-20-2015, 11:56 AM
This weapon is way to OP in pvp match. One shot kills anyone who gets hit with it.
Also, way too many ppl have them. Were they duplicated or did that many people actually spend 100$ haha

its not just this weapon its all big boomer way

Olaf
08-20-2015, 12:00 PM
If the advanced weapons would've had nanos and syns it would've been a perfect bundle, but it was pretty close without

I agree, if that invader had rad.... Lols

DeacTodd
08-21-2015, 02:19 PM
I know I would quit, I love my apex especially after I supremed it, I have both dets ( big boomer) and find my apex stronger due to the blast radius, but I love it because it gets the job done.

xXxDSMer
08-21-2015, 02:26 PM
I know I would quit, I love my apex especially after I supremed it, I have both dets ( big boomer) and find my apex stronger due to the blast radius, but I love it because it gets the job done.

Apex is a big boomer, and has the same blast radius as "FRC Big Boomer" as well as topnotch "Big Boomer".

Ryu Soba JP
08-21-2015, 03:04 PM
Then explain how a player using an epic shield can have 1-3 dets placed on them and after detonation they only take 15-20% shield damage but then they shoot an apex det that lands away from me and I go flying across the screen dead? I'm not the greatest pvp player but even I can see the problem with this. Happens a lot and it's usually the same group of people that rarely take any damage. Perhaps the Apex combination of bio with a large blast radius is what makes it OP in pvp. And no, this thread wasn't to call for a nerf of anything.

Mrdr
08-21-2015, 03:52 PM
I say everyone grab a pitchfork and a torch and let's get mobbed up and chant together "nerf the guns! Nerf the guns! Nerf the guns!"

Then let's all rage quit because we're sore losers at pvp. Or, we could all drink a nice tall glass of shut the hell up and go use the guns we earned in anyway we please. And have fun shooting things and blowing sh*t up. I'll take option 2. Sounds like more fun to me.

konstantinov
08-21-2015, 03:57 PM
How can this not be a nerf thread when the title is "Apex Detonator too OP"?

Neil NATO
08-21-2015, 04:06 PM
Because the OP is 2k ego up against 6k ego players,
yeah he may have a player ego boost but his weapons, shield and other equipment will remain 2k, that's why you get one shot ticket to the moon and yours just gives them a paper cut.

Simple solution is to keep out of pvp until your toon's are ready and just enjoy the game.

konstantinov
08-21-2015, 04:21 PM
Because the OP is 2k ego up against 6k ego players,
yeah he may have a player ego boost but his weapons, shield and other equipment will remain 2k, that's why you get one shot ticket to the moon and yours just gives them a paper cut.

Simple solution is to keep out of pvp until your toon's are ready and just enjoy the game.

He's 6k though.

Ray8888
08-21-2015, 04:24 PM
Then explain how a player using an epic shield can have 1-3 dets placed on them and after detonation they only take 15-20% shield damage but then they shoot an apex det that lands away from me and I go flying across the screen dead?

What if I told you that was an upgraded blue shield that you had and sold to the vendor?

Neil NATO
08-21-2015, 04:30 PM
He's 6k though.

Oh ok, just figured he was 2k as stated in his sig. O.o

Ryu Soba JP
08-21-2015, 05:08 PM
My toons are 6k ego and 5941. I never onced asked for the Apex to be nerfed. Just stating it too OP and seems like the only way to beat it is to avoid it all together. Explain how a player does not take full damage when detonators are place on their bodies but 1 Apex det can land 5 ft away and kill me every time.

Just doing the math doesn't add up. Highest cap shield + damage reducing chips and perks should still die from 3 detonators doing 58k each. I assume those detonator grenades would be doing max damage given their placement.

DEATHBRINGER210
08-21-2015, 05:13 PM
Then explain how a player using an epic shield can have 1-3 dets placed on them and after detonation they only take 15-20% shield damage but then they shoot an apex det that lands away from me and I go flying across the screen dead? I'm not the greatest pvp player but even I can see the problem with this. Happens a lot and it's usually the same group of people that rarely take any damage. Perhaps the Apex combination of bio with a large blast radius is what makes it OP in pvp. And no, this thread wasn't to call for a nerf of anything.

i know who you are talking about with the purple shield . i have reported this person and so have many others . you need to report em. he is using hacks and glitches

Neptuno
08-21-2015, 05:15 PM
A single det charge getting a kill on someone with full armor plates and a decent shield type (ie one with capacity and not a 2s delay) just doesn't happen. I usually kill people with 2-3 charges off the Apex. If it's supposed to be 1 shot kills, mine needs a buff! (Ask some of the PC-NA pvpers if they think I need more detonator damage :p )

I have hit someone with 4 rounds of the Apex in the FDR zone and had their shields drop less than half (with deadly cascade and 2 others standing with almost on top of him that were killed), so it's definitely a shield bug (or exploit?) resulting in the odd non-kill of well aimed dets.

The rest is just "hidden stats" like what is your actual Full Damage Radius (As in what's the default)? How does the Perk Blast Shield work (does it reduce FDR by 45% or just the effective Blast Radius)?

The problem here is really the inner workings of stats that we can mod but not see.

DEATHBRINGER210
08-21-2015, 05:17 PM
My toons are 6k ego and 5941. I never onced asked for the Apex to be nerfed. Just stating it too OP and seems like the only way to beat it is to avoid it all together. Explain how a player does not take full damage when detonators are place on their bodies but 1 Apex det can land 5 ft away and kill me every time.

Just doing the math doesn't add up. Highest cap shield + damage reducing chips and perks should still die from 3 detonators doing 58k each. I assume those detonator grenades would be doing max damage given their placement.

just cause the hit for 58k doesnt mean they do 58k. thats where fdr comes into play . i have a 3xs fdr tn boomer i use with only 50k in damage and it does just fine

Ryu Soba JP
08-21-2015, 05:27 PM
Wouldn't a det placed on your face do full damage? Even critical Damage?

DEATHBRINGER210
08-21-2015, 05:29 PM
not if your that person with that purple sheild

Mrdr
08-21-2015, 05:31 PM
Wouldn't a det placed on your face do full damage? Even critical Damage?

Depends on the face. Many are already critical without the det being on them. :D

Tohei
08-22-2015, 09:44 AM

I paid 100 bucks for that pack, solely for this weapon. It damned well BETTER be OP :)

They are non-tradeable, so anyone you see forked out the dough for one.

And before you complain, remember that it's those of us who spend real money for this game (I'm around 1200 bucks so far, or a little more) are the ones that keep it FREE for the rest of the players who can't afford to.

Lastly - I don't use mine in PvP :P

Ray8888
08-22-2015, 11:11 AM
They are non-tradeable, so anyone you see forked out the dough for one.

Its like a scarlet letter.