PDA

View Full Version : Supreme Shields Idea

Saminator
08-20-2015, 06:20 PM
Hey guys! Just wanted to give out an idea that might help buff up the supreme shields a little without it being unbalanced.

Rather than increasing any of the stats on the shield or adding another armor plate, how about just making the 3 armor plates more durable? Maybe 10% - 25% more durable than legendary shields armor plates so it's just a little noticeable in PvE, but not noticeable in PvP as Radiation can still pierce it and bio can still break it quickly.

The high level players that take a lot of aggro tend to lose armor quickly. I'm EGO 6000 and with my Guardian Angel shield I lost all of my armor plates around the time I'm in the alarm room in "Liberate the Lost - Expert", which is pretty quick. I lose it faster than the lower level team mates I bring with me due to the aggro I take. So I thought maybe just making the armor plates a bit more durable would be handy, and it shouldn't unbalance anything.

Tell me what you guys think :)

Claydough
08-20-2015, 06:25 PM
A very good idea!

SaikoTeek
08-20-2015, 06:26 PM
If I'm dumping af into making my shield gold, I want the extra cap space that goes with it. Otherwise, I'll just use armor repair stims like I do already.

Saminator
08-20-2015, 06:35 PM
If I'm dumping af into making my shield gold, I want the extra cap space that goes with it. Otherwise, I'll just use armor repair stims like I do already.

Extra cap space? What do you mean. More capacity?

Also I PM'd Rashere this too, but I told my clan this idea too and they all agreed that it sounds reasonable. As in the current state it just isn't worth turning a legendary shield supreme yet, but if the armor plates are a bit more durable then I might change my mind and go for the upgrade :)

Jerrmy12
08-20-2015, 06:55 PM
Hey guys! Just wanted to give out an idea that might help buff up the supreme shields a little without it being unbalanced.

Rather than increasing any of the stats on the shield or adding another armor plate, how about just making the 3 armor plates more durable? Maybe 10% - 25% more durable than legendary shields armor plates so it's just a little noticeable in PvE, but not noticeable in PvP as Radiation can still pierce it and bio can still break it quickly.

The high level players that take a lot of aggro tend to lose armor quickly. I'm EGO 6000 and with my Guardian Angel shield I lost all of my armor plates around the time I'm in the alarm room in "Liberate the Lost - Expert", which is pretty quick.

how about just increasing the cap on all type, instead of the best shields.
i don't use respark or rebel when i use lifesteal, and why am i going to dump thousands of AF on something, just to get no benefits from?

TL;DR
increase cap on upgrade with every shield

Saminator
08-20-2015, 07:00 PM
how about just increasing the cap on all type, instead of the best shields.
i don't use respark or rebel when i use lifesteal, and why am i going to dump thousands of AF on something, just to get no benefits from?

TL;DR
increase cap on upgrade with every shield

From what I've seen, all Rhino and Ironclad shields get a capacity buff, but not much, only about 5% more capacity. It's difficult for them to buff it more Incase it unbalances things I guess which is why I suggested an armor durability buff instead.

Chump Norris
08-20-2015, 07:04 PM
Give each supreme shield all of the bonuses delay/recharge/cap :)

Ray8888
08-20-2015, 07:09 PM
From what I've seen, all Rhino and Ironclad shields get a capacity buff, but not much, only about 5% more capacity. It's difficult for them to buff it more Incase it unbalances things I guess which is why I suggested an armor durability buff instead.

Balance issues is exactly why they said they would never add a fourth plate. I doubt buffing them is gonna be received any better. Plus stims. Personally Id prefer cap.

Saminator
08-20-2015, 07:15 PM
Balance issues is exactly why they said they would never add a fourth plate. I doubt buffing them is gonna be received any better. Plus stims. Personally Id prefer cap.

The defence or damage reduction isn't getting buffed, just the damage needed to break the armor plates and only by a little. It's the only thing I could suggest for a supreme shield that is probably the least unbalancing.

Ashlocke
08-20-2015, 07:47 PM
I'd love if my armor plates regenerated over time. Like say 1 pip every 2 to 3 minutes or so. That's not so fast as to make any difference during a heated battle, but if you managed to not get tagged for a while, you'd slowly get your armor back over time.

That would get me to bother equipping ANY other stim in any of my loadouts, as currently the armor repair stim is the only one I ever bother to equip.

Saminator
08-20-2015, 08:00 PM
I'd love if my armor plates regenerated over time. Like say 1 pip every 2 to 3 minutes or so. That's not so fast as to make any difference during a heated battle, but if you managed to not get tagged for a while, you'd slowly get your armor back over time.

That would get me to bother equipping ANY other stim in any of my loadouts, as currently the armor repair stim is the only one I ever bother to equip.

That sounds interesting haha. Any kind of armor buff would be nice for supreme shields as then those players won't need to feel like carrying an armor repair stim as their main stim all the time as it just breaks far too easily in places like co-op expert. Takes away from the variety.

Neptuno
08-20-2015, 09:37 PM
Previewing the Chimera Claw, it looked like the capacity increased to 30856 (from 29280), which is slightly more than 5% increase. Hardly worth the arkforge (maybe after I've upgraded everything else, I'd do it just for color coordination?)

Saminator
08-20-2015, 09:43 PM
Previewing the Chimera Claw, it looked like the capacity increased to 30856 (from 29280), which is slightly more than 5% increase. Hardly worth the arkforge (maybe after I've upgraded everything else, I'd do it just for color coordination?)

Yeah right now it just really isn't worth it

Claydough
08-21-2015, 12:52 AM
Yeah right now it just really isn't worth it

yep agree'd! i would love to upgrade my favorite sheilds, just for the fact of having full supreme loadouts, but i just can't justify the arkforge.

weapons just a passive dmg buff
stronger effects (masteries)
and a whole new bonus roll

shelids get a passive 5%(ish) boost

i can understand the balence issues (kind of) of the extra plate, and i understand the technical difficulty in changing the effect
i would even be satisfyed if they just cost half price or somthing.

Saminator
08-21-2015, 08:05 AM
yep agree'd! i would love to upgrade my favorite sheilds, just for the fact of having full supreme loadouts, but i just can't justify the arkforge.

weapons just a passive dmg buff
stronger effects (masteries)
and a whole new bonus roll

shelids get a passive 5%(ish) boost

i can understand the balence issues (kind of) of the extra plate, and i understand the technical difficulty in changing the effect
i would even be satisfyed if they just cost half price or somthing.

Yeah if it's possible to half the cost of ark forge needed to supreme shields then that would be nice.

David Irwin
08-21-2015, 09:50 AM
i made a shield supreme and the capacity stayed the same,.. it only reduced the recharge delay slightly.. there are like oj shields still better than this supreme one, I don't see a risk of being unbalanced, my shield is now just over 20000 cap and 2.28 delay. at 5700 ego, previous delay was 2.8

Saminator
08-21-2015, 10:00 AM
i made a shield supreme and the capacity stayed the same,.. it only reduced the recharge delay slightly.. there are like oj shields still better than this supreme one, I don't see a risk of being unbalanced, my shield is now just over 20000 cap and 2.28 delay. at 5700 ego, previous delay was 2.8

What? Your delay went from 2.8 to 2.28? That can't be right, that's too big of a gap. At the moment whenever a 2.25 delay shield is upgraded to supreme, it goes to 2.16 I think which is only a 0.09 difference, and this is a Respark V / Rebel V we are talking about. Your legendary Respark or Rebel should have not been 2.8 delay, that is like the quality of a green Respark or Rebel and that definitely can't go to Supreme

David Irwin
08-21-2015, 10:16 AM
the old delay may have been 2.4, its a rebel I'm pretty sure, I leveled it from around 3k ego to my current ego of 5700 so that might make its numbers a little unique . if I was home I would be able to tell you for sure what it is. because resparks are all ready quick they likely limit how much the delay can be reduced.

Saminator
08-21-2015, 04:05 PM
the old delay may have been 2.4, its a rebel I'm pretty sure, I leveled it from around 3k ego to my current ego of 5700 so that might make its numbers a little unique . if I was home I would be able to tell you for sure what it is. because resparks are all ready quick they likely limit how much the delay can be reduced.

Oh it the delay was originally 2.4 then yeah that would make sense.

Rashere
08-21-2015, 06:10 PM
When going from legendary to supreme, shields pick up a 5% boost to whatever their primary stat is. A cap shield gets 5% more cap, a delay shield gets 5% shorter delay, etc.

A true, dropped supreme will also have higher tier effects on them.

The amount of armor on shields is already an issue in pvp, so anything that increases that, including letting those plates last longer, isn't in the cards right now. Maybe after the pvp tuning we can look at it again.

Jerrmy12
08-21-2015, 06:23 PM
When going from legendary to supreme, shields pick up a 5% boost to whatever their primary stat is. A cap shield gets 5% more cap, a delay shield gets 5% shorter delay, etc.

The amount of armor on shields is already an issue in pvp, so anything that increases that, including letting those plates last longer, isn't in the cards right now. Maybe after the pvp tuning we can look at it again.

the problem is that no-one will waste thousands of forge to slightly decrease delay, or stuff like that, rhino and ironclad are just better, increase caps on all shields when upgrading, i won't use anything but rhino or ironclad, other shields just don't get anything worthwhile.

respark & rebel get 0.10 (?) less delay, yay...also, 29k hp>18k hp, especially when lifesteal is available.

Chump Norris
08-21-2015, 06:28 PM

Give them a 5% boost to every shields primary stats cap/delay/recharge so it's a little more worth upgrading.

Jerrmy12
08-21-2015, 06:36 PM
Give them a 5% boost to every shields primary stats cap/delay/recharge so it's a little more worth upgrading.

THIS
(10 char)

LOOKxATxTHISxI
08-21-2015, 08:21 PM
I suped my Respark survivor ark. It gave me a tiny hp boost maybe 200, delay went from 2.25 to 2.16.
Thought maybe the refresh rate might pop to 25/30% but it stayed the same. Still a 40 refresh rate. Hardly supreme.

Got lucky with the 1st try at 5% chance but no way in hell would I waste over 3000 forge for hardly any gain. THIS NEEDS A BUFF BIG TIME. Extra plates, bonus stat, much higher hp bump to make it remotely worthwhile. Add a ammo regen for ark supremes or nano resistances.

Saminator
08-21-2015, 09:26 PM

I understand, I guess a lot of us will just wait on pvp being tuned before supreming shields :)

Tanqueray
08-22-2015, 02:12 AM
I suped my Respark survivor ark. It gave me a tiny hp boost maybe 200, delay went from 2.25 to 2.16.
Thought maybe the refresh rate might pop to 25/30% but it stayed the same. Still a 40 refresh rate. Hardly supreme.

Got lucky with the 1st try at 5% chance but no way in hell would I waste over 3000 forge for hardly any gain. THIS NEEDS A BUFF BIG TIME. Extra plates, bonus stat, much higher hp bump to make it remotely worthwhile. Add a ammo regen for ark supremes or nano resistances.

nano resist would be good, an ark v gains one would be worthy of the supreme name and IVs that already have one could get a 2nd, again worthy of the supreme name. That alone would make them wanted imo.

DEATHBRINGER210
08-22-2015, 09:45 AM

so a oj rhino regen lv ex will go from 75% regen to 80% regen if you supreme it?

Saminator
08-22-2015, 08:48 PM
so a oj rhino regen lv ex will go from 75% regen to 80% regen if you supreme it?

No the Rhino's capacity will go up by 5%, not the bonus.

Arcade
08-22-2015, 09:52 PM
What? Your delay went from 2.8 to 2.28? That can't be right, that's too big of a gap. At the moment whenever a 2.25 delay shield is upgraded to supreme, it goes to 2.16 I think which is only a 0.09 difference, and this is a Respark V / Rebel V we are talking about. Your legendary Respark or Rebel should have not been 2.8 delay, that is like the quality of a green Respark or Rebel and that definitely can't go to Supreme
2.25 to 2.16? Is that even noticeable? Once again, the cost for the upgrade is totally out of proportion to the benefit. I think I'll be sticking with oj shields, thanks... unless I find a supreme as loot. Does anything drop them?

Claydough
08-22-2015, 11:13 PM
2.25 to 2.16? Is that even noticeable? Once again, the cost for the upgrade is totally out of proportion to the benefit. I think I'll be sticking with oj shields, thanks... unless I find a supreme as loot. Does anything drop them?

no, apparently anything more will throw out the extremely well balanced combat system we have here.
i mean nothing like rolling a 1.35 crit supreme roll, another 2-3% dmg buff and a 1.15 crit mastery roll on our already overpowered guns.

Saminator
08-24-2015, 03:34 PM

No it's not noticeable :(

dremora ven0m
08-24-2015, 03:37 PM
I understand, I guess a lot of us will just wait on pvp being tuned before supreming shields :)

You dont do pvp only dual people who are 5000 ego lvls below you @ BloodBath

dremora ven0m
08-24-2015, 03:39 PM

So your saying supreme shields will drop?

Saminator
08-24-2015, 03:40 PM
You dont do pvp only dual people who are 5000 ego lvls below you @ BloodBath

I know I don't do pvp. I'm just saying that supreme shields will probably get a little tuning once pvp is tuned first, like Rashere said if you read his post.