PDA

View Full Version : Bitstore option to copy character to other platform.

Olaf
08-21-2015, 09:14 AM
Would this ever become an option. I'd rather like to have a copy of my toon on PC.

konstantinov
08-21-2015, 09:33 AM
At least a few more of us have been hoping for this.

whit
08-21-2015, 09:34 AM
Would this ever become an option. I'd rather like to have a copy of my toon on PC.

I very rarely spend any money on Defiance but I would pay 10 maybe even 20 to get my PS3 toon copied to PC. They can do it manually for PTS PC, I am sure they could automate it they wanted to. They may be worried that an exodus from PS3 and xbox could make those platforms non-viable and cut off an income stream.
However, the PS3 and xbox population will decline as people move to newer platforms (as well as leaving for p2w grievances and lag/dc issues etc) so there will come a point when I think Trion will seriously consider offering a transfer path. Before that though, they may consider merging the NA/EU servers ?

edispilfnairb
08-21-2015, 09:34 AM
Yep, count me in. The hell with my laggy *** console.

edispilfnairb
08-21-2015, 09:36 AM
Or a port to PS4 or XBOX one. I would pay for that as well.

konstantinov
08-21-2015, 09:41 AM
Or a port to PS4 or XBOX one. I would pay for that as well.

PC would be the easiest and most practical.

Fallen_Aingeal
08-21-2015, 09:53 AM
As much as I've been adverse to gaming on pc, a certain title being released in Nov. is making me try my luck with it.

I was mentioning to my coworker that if they would allow me to transfer my character to pc I would do it when my new rig is built. If not, I'll play until the ps3na server gets shut off and let her go. I refuse to start over when i have a character I have spent so much time building.

heartbreak_courier
08-21-2015, 05:38 PM
As much as I've been adverse to gaming on pc, a certain title being released in Nov. is making me try my luck with it.

I was mentioning to my coworker that if they would allow me to transfer my character to pc I would do it when my new rig is built. If not, I'll play until the ps3na server gets shut off and let her go. I refuse to start over when i have a character I have spent so much time building.

Trion should definitely look into it eventually. Not sure how long PS3 service will last, but rumor has it that the 360 might be losing support within the next couple years. I can see a lot of people being miffed at their characters being forced to go down with the ship.