PDA

View Full Version : Grouping with Higher/Lower Power Rating Friends

Wells
02-14-2013, 12:13 PM
I've been watching older Twitch videos and looking around for an answer to this question but I've yet to see one. It also may be a question that can't be answered yet but regardless...

How does grouping/leveling with different Power Rating friends work? If I'm Power Rating 50 and my friend is 500, will we still be able to group together? And if so, will there be any penalties?

Dead_Phoenix
02-14-2013, 12:18 PM
I've been watching older Twitch videos and looking around for an answer to this question but I've yet to see one. It also may be a question that can't be answered yet but regardless...

How does grouping/leveling with different Power Rating friends work? If I'm Power Rating 50 and my friend is 500, will we still be able to group together? And if so, will there be any penalties?

power levels dont equate to being more powered etc, it just means they can access more content you cant yet. so as long as the content your talking about is accessable at power level 50 then it makes no difference.

Wells
02-14-2013, 12:23 PM
Thanks.

One more question. I know the Power Rating (PR) gives you access to more content and better weapons.

What's to stop a player with a PR 1000 jumping into a Shadow War that is predominately a PR 100 area and using his/her far more powerful weapons to dominate in PvP?

IGears
02-14-2013, 12:26 PM
Thanks.

One more question. I know the Power Rating (PR) gives you access to more content and better weapons.

What's to stop a player with a PR 1000 jumping into a Shadow War that is predominately a PR 100 area and using his/her far more powerful weapons to dominate in PvP?

i wouldnt say better weapons

Dead_Phoenix
02-14-2013, 12:29 PM
Thanks.

new content is more about new weapons/mods/looks rather then having 10000000+ dmg. the skill of a pr100 could kill a pr 1000.

Icepick
02-14-2013, 02:31 PM
...but in one of the Trion dev podcasts they stated that higher end weapons may have an Ego level requirement. So having a considerably higher Ego Rating will give you an advantage by giving you access to better, more powerful weapons. I guess we will have to see.

Archangel
02-14-2013, 02:39 PM
Nothing would stop the higher PR player from playing in the shadow war since the shadow war is the open world pvp.

They did mention during the controlled pvp matches such as death match or the capture the points, that your ranking or PR would influence who your grouped with to avoid this imbalance.

So shadow war, not so much.

As far as how much more powerful will a PR 5000 be vs's a PR 50. Well it comes to perks and loadouts. The higher level player will have a LOT more perks open to them and those perks will be higher levels as well.

With higher level shields your going to have more shields maybe even secondary effects on those shields. So its not like a rookie will be able to dominate as hard but they wont get ran over either by the PR5000 player.

Unless the PR5000 player hops in their vehicle and runs the rookie over for standing on a ridge sniping in shadow wars. Then he might as well be tire treds. lol

Rikochet
02-14-2013, 02:39 PM
Speaking of watching older twitch videos. Ive never used twitch before and I could use some help locating old streams?

Archangel
02-14-2013, 02:47 PM
Speaking of watching older twitch videos. Ive never used twitch before and I could use some help locating old streams?

I'll get you the link one moment....

http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds

Once here you'll see two links that are purple.

One reads Info: which shows the games they are featuring the other reads Videos.

Its here where they have all the recordings of their Friday Night Extravaganza footage.

Defiance normally is around the 3:30 mark. Thats 3 hours and 30 minutes into the over 4 hours of video.

IGears
02-14-2013, 02:51 PM
I'll get you the link one moment....

http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds

Once here you'll see two links that are purple.

One reads Info: which shows the games they are featuring the other reads Videos.

Its here where they have all the recordings of their Friday Night Extravaganza footage.

Defiance normally is around the 3:30 mark. Thats 3 hours and 30 minutes into the over 4 hours of video.

They will be streaming in full 1080p here soon i think.

Archangel
02-14-2013, 03:22 PM
They will be streaming in full 1080p here soon i think.

I remember they talked about how their new capturing equipment allows them to stream in full 1080p. But i dont know if that will make a difference where they are streaming. I think Twitch.tv will still be their location to find the stream and watch it IN that 1080p.

DuoMaxwell007
02-14-2013, 04:51 PM
new content is more about new weapons/mods/looks rather then having 10000000+ dmg. the skill of a pr100 could kill a pr 1000.

i think new weapons should be about more damage. i mean i wont fin dit enticing to hunt down and upgrade the "rarest of rare" weapons if all it does is make me LOOK cooler... even if i had a +10000000 damage weapon that gives me an advantage but not makes me unbeatable considering this is a shooter and not a turn based RPG.. so a weaker play who might be more skilled can still take down the guy with the one shot kill weapon.

I mean in space cowboy online i took out pilots hundreds of levels higher than me.. sure they could kill me in one hit while my bullets barely scratched their paint (i would have to shoot em a full 15 mins to kill em whereas if i got hit once it was over) but I always won.. simply because I was the better pilot... a one hit kill weapon is useless if you cant hit your target with it.

Archangel
02-14-2013, 04:57 PM
I just think they will not have insane weapon scaling. since this game does incorporate shared quest and missions through proximity.

If they had guns that were insane damage. That person could roffle stomp their way through the rookie area and essentially break the game for all those trying to quest.

Sure they got a free ride because the higher PR did all the shooting but is that doing them justice? Is that helping them level their guns that they are not shooting? Does it help them better understand the game? Not really.

So i would be happy to know that the end game weapons wont be insanely godly.

I think the rewards comes from the proficiency's and the Ego Perks that you'll unlock as you play the game.

DuoMaxwell007
02-14-2013, 05:14 PM
I just think they will not have insane weapon scaling. since this game does incorporate shared quest and missions through proximity.

If they had guns that were insane damage. That person could roffle stomp their way through the rookie area and essentially break the game for all those trying to quest.

Sure they got a free ride because the higher PR did all the shooting but is that doing them justice? Is that helping them level their guns that they are not shooting? Does it help them better understand the game? Not really.

So i would be happy to know that the end game weapons wont be insanely godly.

I think the rewards comes from the proficiency's and the Ego Perks that you'll unlock as you play the game.

and to that i saw what "long time high level" player hansg out in newbie starting areas obliterating things for fun? I had more "important" things to do to occupy my time in game once I hit that point

and speaking of which the proximity quest thing is stupid imho... I dont wanna accept a quest, run to the quest area and then the sceon di walk in it says "quest completely" because teh other 50 ppl who juust started teh game too are already out there doing the same quest.. now i get credit for a quest i didnt even lift a finger to do myself... I actually like doing thing/accomplishing/completing things on my own and if i want/need help then I ask someone, we form a party and we get the job done... dont wanna be help "automatically" lol. Thats the worse form of handholding ever lol

bperky38
02-14-2013, 05:33 PM
and to that i saw what "long time high level" player hansg out in newbie starting areas obliterating things for fun? I had more "important" things to do to occupy my time in game once I hit that point

and speaking of which the proximity quest thing is stupid imho... I dont wanna accept a quest, run to the quest area and then the sceon di walk in it says "quest completely" because teh other 50 ppl who juust started teh game too are already out there doing the same quest.. now i get credit for a quest i didnt even lift a finger to do myself... I actually like doing thing/accomplishing/completing things on my own and if i want/need help then I ask someone, we form a party and we get the job done... dont wanna be help "automatically" lol. Thats the worse form of handholding ever lol

Maybe english is your second language but this was hard to read. I could not understand if you would be upset with 50 people helping you complete a quest, its an MMO mind you, or one overpowered person.

DuoMaxwell007
02-14-2013, 06:01 PM
Maybe english is your second language but this was hard to read. I could not understand if you would be upset with 50 people helping you complete a quest, its an MMO mind you, or one overpowered person.

yeah its an mmo and when you want help in an mmo you ask for it and start a group/party... name one mmo where you accept a question, dont join a group, walk to the area where the quest takes place in... go to the bathroom and when you come back the quest is magically completed because someone outside your group did it while you were on the toilet and you were just lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time? lol

Letus
02-14-2013, 06:34 PM
You enter instant adventure in Rift to find yourself alone in the IA.
After you get back from reading your magazine in the bathroom someone else has joined you and finished 5 or 6 quests.
hehe mission accomplished.

DuoMaxwell007
02-14-2013, 06:44 PM
You enter instant adventure in Rift to find yourself alone in the IA.
After you get back from reading your magazine in the bathroom someone else has joined you and finished 5 or 6 quests.
hehe mission accomplished.

what about in the non instanced.free roamining areas of the map?

Letus
02-14-2013, 06:52 PM
The IAs take place on the world map, but you have to choose to join them, you do not auto join/accept. But the quests can be completed by someone on the far side of the map zone from you.

DuoMaxwell007
02-14-2013, 07:28 PM
The IAs take place on the world map, but you have to choose to join them, you do not auto join/accept. But the quests can be completed by someone on the far side of the map zone from you.

well thats why. you have to choose to join them which means everyone else that chooses is part of that quest too.. im referring to quests that happen out in the open world.. like the normal "go kill 20 sheep" quests lol

bperky38
02-14-2013, 09:34 PM
yeah its an mmo and when you want help in an mmo you ask for it and start a group/party... name one mmo where you accept a question, dont join a group, walk to the area where the quest takes place in... go to the bathroom and when you come back the quest is magically completed because someone outside your group did it while you were on the toilet and you were just lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time? lol

Well I hope there is no point in the game where you can survive just by standing still. If thats how you get enjoyment from a game though by all means go hide in the corner and take a **** while others play the game. Hope its fun!

DuoMaxwell007
02-14-2013, 10:02 PM
Well I hope there is no point in the game where you can survive just by standing still. If thats how you get enjoyment from a game though by all means go hide in the corner and take a **** while others play the game. Hope its fun!

actually the point im making is the OPPOSITE of that.. who wants to play a gamde wheer you can stand still do nothing (as long as you stay in close proximity to the ppl who ARE doing stuff) and still get credit for it?... that would be like you studying hard to pass a test.. get an A+ and I just copy your paper and get the same grade without even half the effort you used to EARN it.

bperky38
02-14-2013, 10:29 PM
actually the point im making is the OPPOSITE of that.. who wants to play a gamde wheer you can stand still do nothing (as long as you stay in close proximity to the ppl who ARE doing stuff) and still get credit for it?... that would be like you studying hard to pass a test.. get an A+ and I just copy your paper and get the same grade without even half the effort you used to EARN it.

I am sure there will be people who do this, but my question is this. Why? Why would you pay for a game to stand around? I could see them farming or using multiple accounts or some **** like that. The idea of co-operative world play is amazing. Sometimes you might not get to do all the work for the quest but I think it will pull you into the fact that it is a world you are part of. This is after all a game and you will not earn anything from doing nothing, its meant to entertain you not reward you.

Archangel
02-15-2013, 10:22 AM

Rift, GW2

oops those are 2 MMO's that allow shared quest completion.

Well i know GW2 does never played Rift but i think they follow the same idea.

Archangel
02-15-2013, 10:27 AM
As for what "High level player" would want to grief people?

See any MMO in in the last decade.

Griefing people brings some sick enjoyment to others. Its everywhere.

Why would they you ask? Because they can, and thats why.

Would i agree to waste my time like that? Nope. Would i think thats a good use of time? Nope. But does it happen? Do people who have the power to grief actually grief? Yes.

I like the shared quest imo. I enjoyed during beta that my wife and I could run into an area and we saw other people there as well. Even though we weren't grouped with them we all felt like we were a team.

She doesn't like partying with strangers so this type of gaming was very favorable for her. A happy wife makes a happy life and means more gaming for me. lol

DuoMaxwell007
02-15-2013, 10:40 AM
Rift, GW2

oops those are 2 MMO's that allow shared quest completion.

Well i know GW2 does never played Rift but i think they follow the same idea.

so to make sure were on the same page... youre saying if you get a "kill 20 sheep" quest on GW2.... you walk through around the open world looking for sheep.. find them.... youre not in a group... you decide to sit your character in the middle of all the sheep.... you go do something irl, come back an hour later or so and the quest is flagged as completed?

DuoMaxwell007
02-15-2013, 10:44 AM
As for what "High level player" would want to grief people?

See any MMO in in the last decade.

Griefing people brings some sick enjoyment to others. Its everywhere.

Why would they you ask? Because they can, and thats why.

Would i agree to waste my time like that? Nope. Would i think thats a good use of time? Nope. But does it happen? Do people who have the power to grief actually grief? Yes.

I like the shared quest imo. I enjoyed during beta that my wife and I could run into an area and we saw other people there as well. Even though we weren't grouped with them we all felt like we were a team.

She doesn't like partying with strangers so this type of gaming was very favorable for her. A happy wife makes a happy life and means more gaming for me. lol

oh i know griefing happens I happened a lot in WoW and Im sure older MMOs that have PVP had it too (i know ppl di dit a lot in Materia Magica) and to that i say.. in any game that has griefers theres always ppl (liek me) wholl go lay the smack down on said griefers so the newbies can continue enjoying the game in peace.

Not to mention it always put a smile on my face to see all the newbie mages/healer sin the area spamming me with healing spells (even though i didnt need em) while I fought of the griefers lol doing what little they could to help me take down the guy or guys making their day miserable.

Archangel
02-15-2013, 10:51 AM
so to make sure were on the same page... youre saying if you get a "kill 20 sheep" quest on GW2.... you walk through around the open world looking for sheep.. find them.... youre not in a group... you decide to sit your character in the middle of all the sheep.... you go do something irl, come back an hour later or so and the quest is flagged as completed?

correct, as long as you have the quest and are in the area.

Same with their Dynamic events. When a dynamic event occurs if you go to help you'll get credit even though your not in the party.

The old way of having to fight for sheep vs's other players who are also waiting for spawns and fighting over kills is going going gone.

Its an outdated way to play MMO's Its poor design because it allows people to grief others. I hate griefers and sadly, i was one of those back in the days of early WoW.

Archangel
02-15-2013, 10:53 AM
oh i know griefing happens I happened a lot in WoW and Im sure older MMOs that have PVP had it too (i know ppl di dit a lot in Materia Magica) and to that i say.. in any game that has griefers theres always ppl (liek me) wholl go lay the smack down on said griefers so the newbies can continue enjoying the game in peace.

Not to mention it always put a smile on my face to see all the newbie mages/healer sin the area spamming me with healing spells (even though i didnt need em) while I fought of the griefers lol doing what little they could to help me take down the guy or guys making their day miserable.

bless you sir for being the protector of the weak.

So your saying that once your a "high level" player you may go back to those rookie areas to protect them from griefers??

(^-^) you see what i did there.lol You and I are BOTH THAT GUY who is a high level and goes to rookie areas when bored to protect the weak.

I love killing time in lowbie areas when i have nothing going on or if i am tired of progressing.

We sir are brothers from anothers mothers.

DuoMaxwell007
02-15-2013, 10:59 AM
correct, as long as you have the quest and are in the area.

Same with their Dynamic events. When a dynamic event occurs if you go to help you'll get credit even though your not in the party.

The old way of having to fight for sheep vs's other players who are also waiting for spawns and fighting over kills is going going gone.

Its an outdated way to play MMO's Its poor design because it allows people to grief others. I hate griefers and sadly, i was one of those back in the days of early WoW.

well in dyanmic events youre at least participating youre not just standing there so i expect credit then.. as for fighting over claims and what not... that was fun it helped me stay awake and ready.. and it was what 5 min pop at most? its not like i missed the claim on a mob that spawned once every 2 hours or once every 21-24 hours lol. lastly all they have to do to solve that problem is make it so that ANYONE can attack the monster (i.e no claim system) so even if someone else is attacking it at long a si hit it at least once I get credit too, that way I still had to participate.

DuoMaxwell007
02-15-2013, 11:00 AM
bless you sir for being the protector of the weak.

So your saying that once your a "high level" player you may go back to those rookie areas to protect them from griefers??

(^-^) you see what i did there.lol You and I are BOTH THAT GUY who is a high level and goes to rookie areas when bored to protect the weak.

I love killing time in lowbie areas when i have nothing going on or if i am tired of progressing.

We sir are brothers from anothers mothers.

umm but didnt you just say in the previous post that you were the guy DOING the griefing? lmao

Archangel
02-15-2013, 11:12 AM
umm but didnt you just say in the previous post that you were the guy DOING the griefing? lmao

Back in the day i was. Then i grew up and now i like to help or camp griefers. But yes, griefing is bad and bad people do it.

I was just one of those bad people for a short time. until it became overly done and made it so playing the game was just annoying because people griefed quest locations constantly.