PDA

View Full Version : What are the optimal rolls on an AR

CraftyRhtHander
08-24-2015, 05:11 AM
I have a general question. When looking at an orange AR what are the rolls you are looking for that would optimize its trade value?
White-
Blue-
Purple-
Orange-

Do you want damage to be the Orange roll? Recoil in purple, crit in blue????

I'm just trying to understand so no one sells me garbage...

HappyJappy
08-24-2015, 05:18 AM
I myself would go with:

Recoil/ROF/DMG
Mag
Crit
5% health damage/EGO on crit
ROF/DMG

For my perfect VBI AR.

The best nanos are thought to be radiation and bio but fire, and syphon to an extent, work well too for PvE.

Claydough
08-24-2015, 05:30 AM
depends what you wanna do with it?

a pvp ar will look different to a pve ar will look different to a RAD nano AR will look different to a bio ar ect ect.

my favorite rolled AR is
Gren syn

recoil
fire rate
crit
ego on crit
damage

has very high damage out put and is exactally 0 recoil with those stats, only down side is it's bio which i would want:

recoil
mag
damage
ego on reload (or armour peno with new rolls)
fire rate

hiban
08-24-2015, 09:52 AM
It depends on the AR.

For a VBI AR, i would go for DMG, then Crit, Mag and personally i prefer Recoil over accuracy. DMG mastery is recommended.

For a Blast Rifle, i'd personally go DMG, Recoil, Mag, and then whatever other roll. Crit is not very useful in this one, as it is not an accuracy weapon. But it has a lot of annoying recoil, so it definitely needs a lot of recoil reduction. DMG mastery is recommended aswell.

Crack
08-24-2015, 10:13 AM
A lot has to do with person preference. On an AR, Im looking for reloads first, dmg second. When I ran nothing but Saws (prior to the stupid change to Preparedness perk), I looked at recoil first then fire rate...most everyone else is looking at high crit/dmg.

CraftyRhtHander
08-24-2015, 10:21 AM
I picked up what seems to be a pretty good VOT Mazu Blast Rifle in a drop (surprising based on all the crap I read on this forum concerning RNG system). I will have to go back and look at the specifics again but know for a fact it had DMG in Orange slot and EGO something in the purple slot. The other rolls I will have to look at again. This is the first good drop I have gotten in awhile and I'm thinking about putting T5 mods on it (if I can find them) since it has a backpack synergy and I'm not tied to any specific syn mods.

Fallen_Aingeal
08-24-2015, 10:24 AM
I have 2 I would never trade:

"Bobbi Sue"
VBI AR Stalker Natural Radition T4'd Ext Rec, ***. Scope, Powerbore, Fast Act. Reloader

Mastery-Dmg
Mag
Mag
Dmg
Ego on Reload
Dmg

"Beauty"
BHAR Purge Incendiary T4'd Ext Rec, ***. Scope, Powerbore, High Cap

Mastery-Dmg
Acc
Acc
Dmg
Ego on Reload
Dmg

They both hit for 5551 without rig enhancement. Love these guns.

Fallen_Aingeal
08-24-2015, 10:26 AM
I picked up what seems to be a pretty good VOT Mazu Blast Rifle in a drop (surprising based on all the crap I read on this forum concerning RNG system). I will have to go back and look at the specifics again but know for a fact it had DMG in Orange slot and EGO something in the purple slot. The other rolls I will have to look at again. This is the first good drop I have gotten in awhile and I'm thinking about putting T5 mods on it (if I can find them) since it has a backpack synergy and I'm not tied to any specific syn mods.T5 mods are found in the Chimera and Paradise vendors. They require 10 cores per mod.

Lost in Space
08-24-2015, 06:18 PM
I got a three accuracy rolled vot pulsar fully modded t3 scavenger, that baby took me forever to get the t3 mods from solecpter vendor. But is it a bugged gun because it has white,green,and blue accuracy rolls.Love the gun though because of the hell i had to go through to get rep to mod it.

Lost in Space
08-24-2015, 06:21 PM
Little baby packs a punch though even in pvp? But the same three rolls?

r1p
08-24-2015, 06:39 PM
Little baby packs a punch though even in pvp? But the same three rolls?

In the holiday event last Christmas I got a blue bolt-action sniper and all 3 rolls were accuracy. RNGesus hates me.

xXxDSMer
08-24-2015, 06:44 PM
I got a three accuracy rolled vot pulsar fully modded t3 scavenger, that baby took me forever to get the t3 mods from solecpter vendor. But is it a bugged gun because it has white,green,and blue accuracy rolls.Love the gun though because of the hell i had to go through to get rep to mod it.

With the 3 accuracy rolls it's actually not at all a bugged gun. Its prior roll system, where triple accuracy is indeed possible: http://www.defiancedata.com/weaponbonuses.php?w=Submachine%20Guns

xXxDSMer
08-24-2015, 06:54 PM
& far as ideal rolls... it just depends on the particular weapon.
I can't stand blast rifles (regular / non-mazu) if they don't have at least blue recoil, and a t4 external. Also preferably with recoil mastery. OJ damage being the preferred orange roll with reload & mag or mag&reload green&white rolls.

I just can't stand mazu blast rifle regardless of what rolls it has.

VBI Assault based rifles (including hellfire, EMC Service rifle, soverign... anything based on VBI Assault Rifle): again blue recoil with preferably t4 recoil but recoil mastery isn't as needed. OJ damage is my preferred orange roll if its orange, and I like mag/reload for green/white. Maybe crit green if its naturally the nano I want.

Now for the oddball, which is probably my favorite AR type:
The FRC Heavy Assault Carbine.
On a heavy, I actually prefer orange reload over orange damage with blue x1.45 mag, green 1.05dmg, and white really doesn't matter. Heavies don't have to have a recoil roll on them anywhere as a t4 external is enough recoil control for any heavy.
Pair that green 1.05dmg with a 1.05 damage mastery - and that's a good rolled Heavy IMO.
Although there are other roll combos that could work, like:
oj dmg, blue mag, green reload, reload mastery
oj dmg, blue reload, green mag, reload/mag mastery

Lost in Space
08-24-2015, 07:00 PM
Mazu has way less rcoil than a VOT blast rifle though out the gate.

Lost in Space
08-24-2015, 07:01 PM
RNG gods be dammed then. lol

Elena Vermillion
08-24-2015, 07:13 PM
Pre-patch Votan Blast Rifle, Bio. Mag/Rec/Dmg/Dmg, Dmg mastery, full T5. Pair that with a x1.12 AR Dmg rig.

Lost in Space
08-24-2015, 07:22 PM
Im impressed but how do you even hit anything, with it not talking s..t about your gun but i would chose mazu, over VOT anyX. Is it because they did nerf to the mazu? Never really even really tried VOTS are MAZUS until recently? Nice gun though with that rig KILLER

Lost in Space
08-24-2015, 07:23 PM
I play with aim assist off by the way.

Akira Kimekawa
08-24-2015, 07:32 PM
my favorite preference with the latest system is

Mag or Reload
Recoil
DMG or Crit
10% Ego on Crit Kill/+5% Health Damage/+5% Shield Damage
Fire Rate
Mastery
DMG/Crit/Recoil

all depending on what type of ARs. For example:

Blackened Hellfire guns benefit with
Mag
Recoil
Crit
Ego on Crit
Fire Rate
Crit Mastery

Blast Rifles could benefit with any of the rolls above but I'd perfered
Mag
Recoil
Dmg
+5% Shield Damage
Fire Rate
Dmg (Mazu) or Recoil (Blast) Mastery

bottom line, I feel oj Fire Rate is the best for ARs just to get more damage in faster. But hey, everyone has their preference. ^-^

EDIT: I should make note, I'm the shotgun queen XD lol but this would be my most likely perference to ARs and even SMGs.