PDA

View Full Version : An Introduction to Defiance Contracts

Sledgehammer70
04-05-2013, 07:06 PM
Have your surpassed an EGO rating of 250? You're going to want to check out my newest blog article! Get the full details on in game Contracts here: http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/04/05/a-introduction-to-defiance-contracts/

Greywolf
04-05-2013, 07:08 PM
Thanks dude, will check it out, I have almost finished all side missions, shame I didn't bother researching it earlier

Kroktar
04-05-2013, 08:38 PM
but i dont see "activate contract"?

Ac1dBurn
04-05-2013, 08:57 PM
So the contracts system appears very bugged aswell.

- Contracts are always "active".
- At random times I gain items for the contracts without even doing anything and sometimes I don't get credit for the kills.
- Contracts seem to reset at random times and get locked out longer/shorter then the mentioned reset time.

Blackmagic20
04-05-2013, 10:15 PM
Same here. My contracts say complete but they're not resetting so that I can do them again.

Sledgehammer70
04-05-2013, 10:55 PM
Contracts reset daily or weekly.

tinytina
04-06-2013, 12:32 AM
I have had quite a few bugs with contracts since I started doing them. Sometimes I get the complete pop up but in the goals screen they don't show complete. Also I had the weeklies change today without ever completing the old weeklies.

Vuule
04-06-2013, 07:22 AM
Contracts reset daily or weekly.

Doesn't seem to be the case for daily contracts. Right now for example, I need to kill 20 99er's in mine 99. I've completed this contract like 10 times in a row. Every time I complete this, it resets itself as soon as I leave or finish mine 99. Reputation doesn't reset though.

Same for my PvP daily contract. Each time I complete it, I get a new one straight away.

Shismar
04-06-2013, 07:51 AM
Yeah, contracts may randomly reset. I had that with both weekly and daily.

My main problem though is that several Top Notch contracts require joining a coop. That cannot be intended as there is a specific Coop faction where these belong.

The offered goods are not very attractive anyway. Mostly because the synergies suck. "Preparedness"? Hello! Please fix ammo drops.

Qhue
04-06-2013, 08:08 AM
The Contracts themselves need a serious go-round with Design (not QA).

For example : today there is a Contract to kill mutants at radio towers in Mount Tam. Anyone who is EGO 250+ and thus eligible for contracts has almost certainly done the KTAM radio quest series. Once you finish that series the mutants no longer spawn at KTAM or any of the Radio Towers and so you cannot kill them for the quest. The only chance you have to complete this contract is to wait at a radio tower for someone lower level to come along and trigger the spawn...

San Francisco is currently "off limits" until the first content patch (there is Mass Effect like reaper guarding the bridge) and so the contracts that require mobs be killed in San Fran are impossible in this initial release

These are not 'bugs' they are principle flaws of Design.

Vuule
04-06-2013, 08:45 AM

For example : today there is a Contract to kill mutants at radio towers in Mount Tam. Anyone who is EGO 250+ and thus eligible for contracts has almost certainly done the KTAM radio quest series. Once you finish that series the mutants no longer spawn at KTAM or any of the Radio Towers and so you cannot kill them for the quest. The only chance you have to complete this contract is to wait at a radio tower for someone lower level to come along and trigger the spawn...

San Francisco is currently "off limits" until the first content patch (there is Mass Effect like reaper guarding the bridge) and so the contracts that require mobs be killed in San Fran are impossible in this initial release

Mutants still spawn there.. At any mission area enemies still spawn. With or without anyone currently there doing that mission.

Malloci
04-06-2013, 09:15 AM
Mutants still spawn there.. At any mission area enemies still spawn. With or without anyone currently there doing that mission.

Not at the radio towers they don't, if you find some there they are left over from someone spawning them and running away.

And to the guy before you , lol San Francisco is not "off limits until the next content patch" just keep doing the main quest and youll get there.

Icid
04-06-2013, 09:28 AM
Not at the radio towers they don't, if you find some there they are left over from someone spawning them and running away.

And to the guy before you , lol San Francisco is not "off limits until the next content patch" just keep doing the main quest and youll get there.

Yes they do continue to spawn at radio towers. No they do not spawn at the radio station but the towers do still spawn. South Radio Tower however is not giving credit. But North one is and respawns just fine with me being the only person there. They work just like every other quest area with the grey mission pop-ups but don't have any actual mission pop-up.

Avenger
04-06-2013, 09:45 AM
Is there any particular mission / NPC / area you have to reach to trigger these? I reached 250 last night, still in Mount Tam area and wasn't aware of these other than seeing the entry in the Pursuits page. Will check it out when I'm next in game.

zzzkinzzz
04-06-2013, 10:24 AM
Is there away to find where you need to go to do a contract? Like mine 99 I've been there befor but for the life of me I can't remember we're it is om the map now and I don't fancy driving around every where to find it again. No dout I'll drive past it as soon as the contracts over.

Nightside187
04-06-2013, 11:53 AM
Is there away to find where you need to go to do a contract? Like mine 99 I've been there befor but for the life of me I can't remember we're it is om the map now and I don't fancy driving around every where to find it again. No dout I'll drive past it as soon as the contracts over.

i have same problem :(

UchihaMadara
04-06-2013, 02:18 PM

that makes 3 of us lol,but mutants deff respawn at towers but south is the only one that counts

UchihaMadara
04-06-2013, 02:20 PM
that makes 3 of us lol,but mutants deff respawn at towers but south is the only one that counts

lol or north i mean but the other one doesnt count

R3N3GADESN1P3R
04-06-2013, 02:35 PM
North and East towers respawn and give credit for kills. I completed that contract in ten minutes.

San Francisco is not off limits until next patch, how bout you play the story and progress a Lil bit before making assumptions.

Now Mine 99 is slightly glitched if you use it for the particular contract relating specifically to it, and just the kill the miners in the mine.

R3N3GADESN1P3R
04-06-2013, 02:38 PM
Also, devs it would be nice if you labeled the map so we don't have to drive around aimlessly. I've been in San Francisco for awhile and don't remember all the Madera landmarks.

When we scroll over an area it should tell us what it's called, not just Mt. Tam or Madera or San Francisco

Flynn
04-06-2013, 04:22 PM
I'm more worried about missing out on contracts that we can't ever attempt again (if there are any, that is) because the game is lagging out and crashing all day. Will they be made available again so that we may attempt them when the issues are resolved?

Weasul
04-06-2013, 08:03 PM

This is exactly my problem; I've been scrambling around looking for information as to where the radio towers are, drove over, and saw there was nothing spawned. Got lucky enough that someone on the tower mission showed up, but upon killing the mutants, nothing dropped. Funnily enough, on the way to the radio towers, I got credit for a Top Notch contract that I wasn't even aware of, and got the achievement for it. Weird.

Warkaiser
04-06-2013, 09:11 PM

The Motherlode Co-op mission take splace in Mine 99. You can complete it easily running that mission once.

Mega
04-06-2013, 09:39 PM
Where are the docks that you have to kill the raiders on for the contract?

DoubleX
04-07-2013, 05:26 AM
Where are the docks that you have to kill the raiders on for the contract?

Drive from the Bug n' Chug Station north to till the "real" road begins. On your left there is the bay...
It is next the the "black little island"

Avenger
04-07-2013, 07:20 AM
Went back in and found it - and completed a couple of the contracts.

I think it would be better if the contracts page was visible from Level 1, even if there was a greyed out message saying it would only be available once you hit EGO 250. Since it is on a screen that up until then only has Pursuits it is easy to miss the tab option at the top, afterall you will have been to the Pursuits page multiple times before you reach 250, so no reason to look for another tab.

As for the comments about radio towers - not a problem - I went to North radio tower and mutants spawned there as I reached it - no other players around. I cleared it, then went a short distance away while sorting my inventory and when I came back mutants had re-populated the site - cleared again and had my 20 kills.

Vuule
04-07-2013, 09:14 AM
What is the max contracts rep/status? Currently my highest is at 300 rep, status: Reliable. The next status is at 600 rep. The rep pursuits only go as far as reliable.

Nightside187
04-07-2013, 09:23 AM
Would be nice if someone take a screen of the map and add color dot to it whit all the contract location :)

revy
04-07-2013, 10:38 AM

if it helps mine 99 is right next to the side mission overzealous deputy

Nomad N7
04-07-2013, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the link. Will be sure to check it out. But 50 and 75 Bulwarks Data Chip thing isn't funny at all. Not only are they a BEECH to fight, they're also very rare -_-

tonydeth
04-07-2013, 11:55 AM
Drive from the Bug n' Chug Station north to till the "real" road begins. On your left there is the bay...
It is next the the "black little island"
Thank you.

Vuule
04-07-2013, 12:17 PM
Thanks for the link. Will be sure to check it out. But 50 and 75 Bulwarks Data Chip thing isn't funny at all. Not only are they a BEECH to fight, they're also very rare -_-

That's why you have a week :p

Shogo_Yahagi
04-08-2013, 06:54 AM
At the very least, we need the ability to toggle place names for places that we've discovered. Better still would be an option to show valid locations for contracts.

We're Ark Hunters. We have a computerized map in our brain. We shouldn't have to keep track of locations on a piece of paper.

krazyaceofspades
04-08-2013, 07:27 AM
Yeah, contracts may randomly reset. I had that with both weekly and daily.

My main problem though is that several Top Notch contracts require joining a coop. That cannot be intended as there is a specific Coop faction where these belong.

The offered goods are not very attractive anyway. Mostly because the synergies suck. "Preparedness"? Hello! Please fix ammo drops.

yea i have an issue about the co-op end bosses most raid/alert bosses drop items after going through it all nothing a small amount of xp well small if you are 500 or higher an the money dropping 1-3 scrip is all i see

Eigenheit
04-09-2013, 07:54 AM
Woot Thanks !

Clarkeh
04-09-2013, 08:02 AM

If you go to San Fran-Overpass you will find a mini-game there, if you get quite far into the mini-game a **** ton of Bulwarks spawn and you basiclly insta-kill them with the minigun.

Badblade
04-10-2013, 07:10 AM
Nice idea, Maybe on mouseover, create a highlighted "zone" indicating the area.

Also, devs it would be nice if you labeled the map so we don't have to drive around aimlessly. I've been in San Francisco for awhile and don't remember all the Madera landmarks.

When we scroll over an area it should tell us what it's called, not just Mt. Tam or Madera or San Francisco

chrismeyer34
04-11-2013, 11:31 AM

i agree with this big time, fallout 3 is like this, every spot you go to it gets labeled and you can fast travel to it, i think it should be the same here, would make it a heck of a lot easier for us lol

Quebra Regra
04-11-2013, 01:00 PM
At the very least, we need the ability to toggle place names for places that we've discovered. Better still would be an option to show valid locations for contracts.

We're Ark Hunters. We have a computerized map in our brain. We shouldn't have to keep track of locations on a piece of paper.

This x10!!!!! At the very least major locations should be show on the map... certainly contract objective locations as well.

Jafo
04-11-2013, 05:29 PM
Def need some guide of aid in finding locations. Farms for example...where the heck are farms? (I can find them pretty easily NOW, but still)

Perhaps something the description of the contract (can be completed at mine99 or motherlode co-op) etc

Oh.and for the love of the gods above and below...FIX THE EFFIN CO-OP!!. I went in to explosions 6 times last night...all 6 were stuck on Hulker. Unless of course it was the same session..over a span of 4 hours. Which is a WHOLE other issue if that's the case

rralpheboy
04-11-2013, 06:38 PM
Fantastic article! Thanks for the info!! =-)

wlsmerlin
04-12-2013, 10:14 AM
Sledge.....YOU DA MAN!!!!!! I had noticed it in passing. Didnt give it much thought. Then, last nite @ 2am CDT I was doing an ARKFALL all of a sudden I got a message saying I collected 100 skins or something & my reputation with someone was getting noticed. Then something about a booth......... It was by the VERY elevated shop............

xlsa
04-13-2013, 12:00 AM
hmmm I have seen the bugs in the contracts. But im almost positive when I complete a contract and after it does reset which isn't right away it isn't the same contract I hade before. For Example: Collect 25 hides from hell bug warriors. now today my Contract is collect 150 stomachs from hell bug skitterlings.

Ryno
04-13-2013, 08:45 AM
Have not had any issues with contracts. Only wish I knew what time the dailies reset.

having issues with contracts look here http://www.etaew.net/defiance/contracts.php

Dark Raven80
04-13-2013, 10:57 AM
It would be nice if there was a hold and capture pvp option so I can complete one of the echelon contracts. I tried shadow war but that obviously isn't it since the contract still shows no progress. I submitted a ticket about this issue 5 days ago and haven't received any response.....

kajun mulisha
04-13-2013, 09:18 PM
It would be nice if there was a hold and capture pvp option so I can complete one of the echelon contracts. I tried shadow war but that obviously isn't it since the contract still shows no progress. I submitted a ticket about this issue 5 days ago and haven't received any response.....

it is, well was an option before they took the map out of rotation due to bugs... but the should rotate between that and team death match on the other 2 maps. pvp is very small and limited compared to what it needs to be to give this game longer replay value

The Govanator
04-14-2013, 02:27 PM

These are not 'bugs' they are features.

well spoken.

Frostfire20
04-15-2013, 09:22 AM
Sometimes when I fast-travel, or just start the game, I'll be repeatedly notified of a "Contract Complete." It'll repeat this several times, but when I go look at the actual contract menu, none of them are updated.

It also seems like sometimes I get the reward for completeing the contract right away, and other times I have to wait until the deadline.

My biggest problem ISN'T that the tutorial completely ignores contracts and forces you to puzzle it out yourself (which I did), it's the fact that spending reputation is the only way to get better guns and mods, and even so, they are NOT much more powerful. It's seems to be all about different synergies.

Also, where are the Charge Rifles? I saw them offered on the website's weapon page (like advertising to prospective buyers 'Hey! Check out the kinds of guns our game has!') yet they are completely absent in-game.

dodmayhem
04-17-2013, 09:39 AM
My only issue with contracts is they are not very descriptive.

Kill 20 mattocks around mines. Kill raiders at farms.

I'll be at a farm killing raiders and no progress. Like can we get some help on these contracts. Waypoints? Some shading on the map that shows areas where we can complete contracts.

The other issue I have is getting contracts for things I couldn't do without someone else with the content unlocked. Like complete scrapworks. I hadn't unlocked Scrapworks yet. Or win 10 Capture and Hold matches. I thought they meant shadow War but that didn't do anything. And the Capture and Hold isnt an option in the matchmaking.

Rockero
04-20-2013, 04:27 PM
Some contracts need a little more explenation, or maybe add awaypoint to where you can complete it.

sirf
04-26-2013, 09:23 PM
Some contracts need a little more explenation, or maybe add awaypoint to where you can complete it.

here you can see what and where you have to do it
http://www.etaew.net/defiance/

rethu
04-27-2013, 12:17 AM
hi to all i am new here

Awesomnius
04-30-2013, 04:37 PM
Thanks Sledge and sirf for the respective links.

I had no bleeding idea why I kept getting contract updates before reading this. :P

Stardust81
05-04-2013, 07:14 AM
If you guys removed the Hotshot Dam Defense from the map and not putting it back on; why don't he removed from the goal too so people can complete it.

Thanks

eviltiger
05-12-2013, 09:21 AM
theres a website thats like a guide
www.etaew.net
shows contracts and maps

Psycho_Archer
01-06-2014, 05:09 PM
I have been playing on the Xbox, and I haven't been able to get a respawn at the towers. I re-played the station three times, however, in an effort to try forcing a respawn. My EGO is at 437, and I did get credit for the station. I just can't get credit for the towers.