PDA

View Full Version : Hows the game now?

Benzh
08-26-2015, 04:55 AM
I bought the game when it first came out, played 12 hours and have not touched it since. Recently started watching the TV show which is pretty awesome and thought id take another look at the game. Not sure why I stopped playing but hopefully things have changed a little and ill be able to put some time into it.

What's it like now?

PithHelmetIrath
08-26-2015, 04:56 AM
What's it like now?

Not nearly as much fun to play as it used to be..

Nova_Force
08-26-2015, 04:57 AM
Virtually every aspect of the game is broken

Benzh
08-26-2015, 04:58 AM
haha damn I was hoping for some positive news. Just finishing the update then ill be able to jump on

Combo Breaker
08-26-2015, 05:00 AM
haha damn I was hoping for some positive news. Just finishing the update then ill be able to jump on

Be aware that there is an event starting today.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?222583-Armistice-Festival-Returns-August-26-%96-September-14

This may cause more instability. It also may cause more fun.

Benzh
08-26-2015, 05:01 AM
Not liking the look of all these expansions you can buy. How limited am I by just owning the basic game?

Combo Breaker
08-26-2015, 05:03 AM
Not liking the look of all these expansions you can buy. How limited am I by just owning the basic game?

Not very limited at all. Very easy to enjoy the game without buying the DLCs.

PithHelmetIrath
08-26-2015, 05:03 AM

You will miss out on some EGO gains.

Combo Breaker
08-26-2015, 05:06 AM
You will miss out on some EGO gains.

With only 12 previous hours played, I don't think that will worry them much. Maybe further down the line if they stick around.

PithHelmetIrath
08-26-2015, 05:13 AM
With only 12 previous hours played, I don't think that will worry them much. Maybe further down the line if they stick around.

He asked, I answered.

Etaew
08-26-2015, 05:34 AM
Playing through the story is enjoyable and will net you several more hours of gameplay.

The end-game once the story is completed will depend on your taste, whether you complete the Daily and Weekly Contracts for you, or play through increasing difficulty waves in Expedition to improve your new Cyber Rig gear.

The other option is the PvP mode which does need some work, and will be receiving some love in future patches.

From my perspective the story, several pursuits, and attempting to play through most of the content once was enough for me until more is added.

Alastar
08-26-2015, 05:57 AM
How's the game now? Uninstall and run while you still have little invested. The dlcs add little but frustration. There's little to no content added by actually paying for them. Expeditions are a pay per entry and revive arcade mode that are broken. The games riddled with ads asking for money. Stability? Hah what stability. Cut your losses and find something worth investing in is my advice.

Tsort
08-26-2015, 06:11 AM
Came back today to check these forums. I had hope. It was crushed, once again.

MrQuacky
08-26-2015, 07:00 AM
Virtually every aspect of the game is broken

when everything its broken :O NOTHING!!! its broken ?!?!?!

cyguy
08-26-2015, 10:31 AM
People come back after six months and have asked me this same question. I keep answering the same as well. What's changed? Very little. Aside from some minor cosmetic changes here and there, the game is the same. People will play for a month, grow disgruntled with the endless repetition and go inactive for another six months.

People will defend the game or stomp on it hard. My opinion is that the game just can't hold people's attention. Even if I don't log in for three months, I can't seem to play for more than 20 mins before going offline again. Basically, because everything is the same as when I left it.

YahMir
08-26-2015, 10:43 AM
LoL try it, I just started playing it a week ago on my PS3, and it got me hook up.
You will love the new Incursion thingy they add.