PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone notice this?

konstantinov
08-27-2015, 08:36 AM
To deter the use of bmgs and how they score they changed the way you get points while using a bmg. Prior to this event you would get points for kills when the people you were healing killed the enemy. This is no longer the case, however, I will still use my bmgs because trying is overrated and scoreboards are useless until rewards are damage based again.

hempman
08-27-2015, 08:40 AM
what i noticed last nite was this.
the more i Try,to get any score,the worse the rewards are...green blue and maybe a purp
and yet simply shooting a Few enemies,landed me ojs.
its somehow completely backasswards.,and there was very Little af rewards as well.

Fallen_Aingeal
08-27-2015, 09:17 AM
what i noticed last nite was this.
the more i Try,to get any score,the worse the rewards are...green blue and maybe a purp
and yet simply shooting a Few enemies,landed me ojs.
its somehow completely backasswards.,and there was very Little af rewards as well.

It's making you decide which is more important; Higher score=more keys and forge, lower score=better chance at oj.

To topic. I did notice and mentioned it in group. Wondering why there weren't any notes about it. Trion ninja'ing stuffs again...

snoglobe81
08-27-2015, 10:01 AM
A clan member and I noticed this on Tuesday. Remember them addressing the issue of too many players accumulating high AF during MM. So I'm guessing this is another add-on for the AF cap.

Smokey Black
08-27-2015, 10:14 AM
Yup I noticed, a bunch of players still have the bmg equipped at majors, standing around super thirsty for easy points.

This is fantastic, yesterday I would show up to an arkfall and only see a bunch of purple glowing players and no enemies. Getting healed with full health was lame.

First the Swam and now this keep the good times coming.

Destromathe
08-27-2015, 10:45 AM
Hey All,

We have not made any changes to the behavior of BMGs in recent updates. We will look into whether the scoring for BMGs has changed for possible other reasons, and be sure to keep you updated. Thanks for the reports!

konstantinov
08-27-2015, 10:47 AM
Hey All,

We have not made any changes to the behavior of BMGs in recent updates. We will look into whether the scoring for BMGs has changed for possible other reasons, and be sure to keep you updated. Thanks for the reports!

I'm not complaining by any means, just curious to see if anyone else had noticed the changes.

Meee
08-27-2015, 10:48 AM
Lol mine works fine lol bmg 4ever

TNO
08-27-2015, 11:07 AM
I'm so confused!!! Can I take my shades off or not?

crazyged
08-27-2015, 11:10 AM
I'm not a fan of nerfing, but I have to admit I'd be the first one dancing if bmgs were ever hit...

A bit of hard slog with a real weapon never hurt anybody!

Well, apart from whoever you're shooting...

WhiteKnight019
08-27-2015, 11:17 AM
I'm so confused!!! Can I take my shades off or not?

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/ed/ed0f2abb5d1ac246374e44faa8f0836264d8d719d9739b7a0d 420a4798640455.jpg

Cygnus
08-27-2015, 11:31 AM
Picard picture and caption is the best response ever!!!!lmmfao!!!!!!

VesperLynd
08-27-2015, 11:32 AM
I was using a bmg on my low ego toon. I didn't notice any difference. Still getting mostly converter mods, but that's another story. They should just make a 5th mod slot for nano, but that would make too much sense.

hempman
08-27-2015, 12:55 PM
It's making you decide which is more important; Higher score=more keys and forge, lower score=better chance at oj.

To topic. I did notice and mentioned it in group. Wondering why there weren't any notes about it. Trion ninja'ing stuffs again...

to topic ook,bmgs suck and they hurt my eyes.
if they vanished tommorrow id be a happy camper.

as far as this scoring thingy goes tho,thats insane.
i was in group chat yesterday and at least half the group who did nothing got ojs and the ones who worked it got purps at Best.

i didnt buy the game to sit on the sidelines and spray something once innawhile and get ojs,thats just bogus there.
i got it to shoot things in the face till they die and then dance on their remains with my teammates and then get paid Handsomely for my awesome efforts.
hint hint,ojs and af would be the Logical rewards....

back on topic bmgs suck and they hurt my eyes.
if they vanished tommorrow id be a happy camper.

Gaige12
08-27-2015, 01:32 PM
Hey All,

lol whoa whoa easy now :) Nobody is complaining.

darth threatius
08-27-2015, 01:43 PM
What I would like to see is more people actually using the healing of a bmg while a fight is going on. not using a secondary weapon and joining in on the killing then switching to a bmg after the enemies are cleared from an area to get easy heal points.

SirServed
08-27-2015, 01:58 PM
What I would like to see is more people actually using the healing of a bmg while a fight is going on. not using a secondary weapon and joining in on the killing then switching to a bmg after the enemies are cleared from an area to get easy heal points.
Please forgive him, for he knows not what he says.

Cobra Crusher
08-27-2015, 03:54 PM

What i would like to see is the Ghostbusters come take their weapons back.

Crack
08-27-2015, 09:55 PM
Hey All,

Nooo...ppl are actually shooting stuff with real dmg weapons now. Its an error we favor. =)

Crack
08-27-2015, 09:59 PM
Please forgive him, for he knows not what he says.

Join date August 2015 and 9 posts. That deserves a little forgiveness I suppose. lol

Arcade
08-28-2015, 12:51 AM
Tbh I thought that was just a glitch in the Midsummer Mutiny programming. Intentionally going for a low score certainly isn't working for me in this event. As far as I can tell, it's completely random.

Anyway, if what you suggest is true (I really doubt it's true) then that's a pretty silly way to have designed the game. The best players should get the best rewards, period. Standing around waiting for everyone else to kill the enemies is extremely boring. There's no way the devs set it up like that on purpose.

Olaf
08-28-2015, 04:59 AM
Tbh I thought that was just a glitch in the Midsummer Mutiny programming. Intentionally going for a low score certainly isn't working for me in this event. As far as I can tell, it's completely random.

Anyway, if what you suggest is true (I really doubt it's true) then that's a pretty silly way to have designed the game. The best players should get the best rewards, period. Standing around waiting for everyone else to kill the enemies is extremely boring. There's no way the devs set it up like that on purpose.

I'll test the theory today.

PithHelmetIrath
08-28-2015, 05:01 AM
There's no way the devs set it up like that on purpose.

Personally, I wouldn't be so sure..

OokamiXIII
08-28-2015, 07:05 AM
I did a test run with my stingray two days before the event dropped and found that there is no longer a medic score what-so-ever. Just a teamwork score if you're actually doing damage. Which, in my humble opinion, is the best thing that could have happened. Now if players would just realize this fact and retire those lag machines, I could play something other than "blinded by the light" over the headset! Also noticed that it doesn't matter where I place at any event (major or minor) the best I'll pull is a random T4 mod or gun...

CaptainObvious
08-28-2015, 07:11 AM
however, I will still use my bmgs because trying is overrated and scoreboards are useless until rewards are damage based again.

I just notice at EGO 6k you are still a noob.

OokamiXIII
08-28-2015, 07:44 AM

And you are.... who again?

WhiteKnight019
08-28-2015, 08:16 AM
And you are.... who again?

He's Captain Obvious

http://cdn.soundandvision.com/images/styles/600_wide/public/090914_Signals_promo.png?itok=_ldGivqv

konstantinov
08-28-2015, 08:25 AM

The obvious is slapping you in the face and you still haven't noticed.

Ironic.

CaptainObvious
08-28-2015, 09:03 AM
A lot of butthurt groupies I see :D

konstantinov
08-28-2015, 09:21 AM
A lot of butthurt groupies I see :D

I'll take you seriously when you speak proper english.

A_D3MON
08-28-2015, 09:27 AM
I did a test run with my stingray two days before the event dropped and found that there is no longer a medic score what-so-ever. Just a teamwork score if you're actually doing damage. Which, in my humble opinion, is the best thing that could have happened. Now if players would just realize this fact and retire those lag machines, I could play something other than "blinded by the light" over the headset! Also noticed that it doesn't matter where I place at any event (major or minor) the best I'll pull is a random T4 mod or gun...

Rlly? i had been using mine and have been getting a medic score... i guess it just depends on how many there r using a bmg

OokamiXIII
08-28-2015, 09:44 AM
No ****..... I'll have to dust mine off and give it a try, could have been a fluke. I'll see what its like from the other end of a lag machine!

A_D3MON
08-28-2015, 11:30 AM
No ****..... I'll have to dust mine off and give it a try, could have been a fluke. I'll see what its like from the other end of a lag machine!

yea ive been using mine at minor and major arkfalls and been getting medic score at both except when there've been so many bmg spammers that evry1 stayed at full health and shields.... thats y whenevr i use it i run around different groups so i can heal... and i lag as well with only about 3mbps internet connection

Neptuno
08-28-2015, 12:37 PM
Probably not scoring for overheals, which is great. Use a gun.

A_D3MON
08-28-2015, 12:51 PM
yea they did take out the overhealing score factor but if ur healing then u get score

A_D3MON
08-28-2015, 01:30 PM
Healing does indeed still give points on the event arkfalls

Gaige12
08-28-2015, 04:44 PM
Hopefully Destro isn't off on a mission to fix this now because you guys made a big ol' multipage thread about it. :/

I kinda like having a lot less bmg bums around panhandling the score.

Trick83
08-28-2015, 04:48 PM
Hopefully Destro isn't off on a mission to fix this now because you guys made a big ol multipage thread about it. :/

I kinda like having a lot less bmg bums around blinding me.

+1

Leave it alone!

(or make the bu++monkeyguns 0 point weapons for all actions!)

Mrdr
08-28-2015, 05:34 PM
Healing does indeed still give points on the event arkfalls

Sweet! Time to dust off the spanner protector with extra linkage for maximum justice!

OokamiXIII
08-28-2015, 05:54 PM
Sweet! Time to dust off the spanner protector with extra linkage for maximum justice!

I brought my stingray out of what I thought was at least semi-permanent retirement, still didn't help me net an oj lol.

Burned In Effigy
08-28-2015, 06:36 PM
Ill break out my -0 dmg stingray ::drool::

A_D3MON
08-28-2015, 07:19 PM
I brought my stingray out of what I thought was at least semi-permanent retirement, still didn't help me net an oj lol.

yea getting lower score seems 2 give a better chance of getting oj... jumped n2 a major at the end got about 2k score and got an oj DC-5 Golden Ring MK2... surprised the **** outta me

Neptuno
08-28-2015, 09:25 PM
+1

Leave it alone!

(or make the bu++monkeyguns 0 point weapons for all actions!)

Or just fix the VISUAL. Outside of breaking the Crit bonus on shield break perk, this is really the biggest negative of BMGs

Smokey Black
08-28-2015, 10:23 PM
My people and I have had good results coming in first. Jackpots and OJS, this is of course without a bmg so your experience may vary.

A_D3MON
08-28-2015, 10:32 PM
My people and I have had good results coming in first. Jackpots and OJS, this is of course without a bmg so your experience may vary.

man the current event arkfalls r giving **** for high egos that score at the top and giving late people and people who sit on the side with low scores high end purps and ojs

Smokey Black
08-28-2015, 10:50 PM
man the current event arkfalls r giving **** for high egos that score at the top and giving late people and people who sit on the side with low scores high end purps and ojs

I'm not talking about scoring high but finishing solely in first place(without a BMG they are cursed). I have seen this yield better drops than not in first place. Let me be clear first place isn't the most skilled/talented player. I honestly feel skill is overrated in Defiance it's a grind. Back to my point if you want to finish first you arrive when the Major appears.. then go to the two or there farthest minors from the major fast travel location and finish them solo. This should give you enough points that as long as you use ego powers and don't be lazy at the final you have a good chance of being first and getting what I have seen are better drops.

A_D3MON
08-29-2015, 01:17 PM
I'm not talking about scoring high but finishing solely in first place(without a BMG they are cursed). I have seen this yield better drops than not in first place. Let me be clear first place isn't the most skilled/talented player. I honestly feel skill is overrated in Defiance it's a grind. Back to my point if you want to finish first you arrive when the Major appears.. then go to the two or there farthest minors from the major fast travel location and finish them solo. This should give you enough points that as long as you use ego powers and don't be lazy at the final you have a good chance of being first and getting what I have seen are better drops.

i agree but wat i'm saying is this event has been ninja nerfed... i got 2 the major at the very end managed 2 infect a few enemies got about 2k-3k points and walked away with an oj DC-5 Golden Ring MK2... this event itself imo is cursed... i'll admit i will b spamming the bmg and infectors (inf @ all bmg @ only certain ones) only bcuz i want the exp that comes at the end as the exp is = 2 ur score

Mrdr
08-29-2015, 03:16 PM
i agree but wat i'm saying is this event has been ninja nerfed... i got 2 the major at the very end managed 2 infect a few enemies got about 2k-3k points and walked away with an oj DC-5 Golden Ring MK2... this event itself imo is cursed... i'll admit i will b spamming the bmg and infectors (inf @ all bmg @ only certain ones) only bcuz i want the exp that comes at the end as the exp is = 2 ur score
You're lucky. I've gotten nothing but the blues and I think 1 purple mod. Then again I haven't tried low-scoring it. Will do that tonight and see what happens.

A_D3MON
08-29-2015, 09:05 PM
You're lucky. I've gotten nothing but the blues and I think 1 purple mod. Then again I haven't tried low-scoring it. Will do that tonight and see what happens.

good luck... its almost like the game takes major pity bcuz evrytime ive scored low ive been getting t4s and ojs... kinda funny imo

Chump Norris
08-30-2015, 02:53 AM
I haven't paid attention to kill points but my rewards still seem to be pretty good at the end.

Mrdr
08-30-2015, 05:49 AM
good luck... its almost like the game takes major pity bcuz evrytime ive scored low ive been getting t4s and ojs... kinda funny imo

Ok tried this last night and out of 3 majors never going over 6k each, I've gotten nothing but blues. So it doesn't seem to matter what the score is, I've fallen out of RNGsus' good favour.

A_D3MON
08-30-2015, 07:08 AM
Ok tried this last night and out of 3 majors never going over 6k each, I've gotten nothing but blues. So it doesn't seem to matter what the score is, I've fallen out of RNGsus' good favour.

i wonder if they ninja nerfed it then... they probably did... if they did then dam no more easy ojs or jps :(