PDA

View Full Version : So what would you do?

Sevrin
08-31-2015, 10:40 AM
Many I have talked to are either bored or frustrated with this event for a variety of reasons. And, obviously, based on forum posts and in-game chat there are many perceived issues. So what would you do to make future events more creative, interesting and enjoyable? Is it just a matter or more/better rewards, more Arkfall frequency, different weapons, new enemies, new synergies? Something else? Or does the whole Defiance event concept need to be re-thought?

What would re-energize the player base like the first Hulker Hell or Solstice Strike did....just wondering what you think.

bigbri2k5
08-31-2015, 11:04 AM
For me personally better rewards are a must, before anything else. There's nothing more disheartening than working hard to get a decent score, only to be rewarded with some rubbish blue mods, while someone who shot one mob and then sat in the corner gets an OJ.

Ray8888
08-31-2015, 11:14 AM
Number one change scoring to be purely damaged based and B - tie rewards to score.

Smokey Black
08-31-2015, 11:21 AM
Find a way to use scrip/ salvage to buy arkforge. It will let people with a lot spent a lot and will have a leveling effect on the "economy"

Ray8888
08-31-2015, 11:23 AM
Someone didn't read the actual question. Lol

David Irwin
08-31-2015, 11:36 AM
what about a mash up of a shadow war and a destruction arkfall. compete to the death for arkfall destruction points. perhaps there could even be more than 2 teams..?? hmmmm

Tanqueray
08-31-2015, 12:39 PM
More chaos, the HHs were fun cos so many hulkers and they moooove, out of the 3 we have now the CC is the most fun, tho the loot is the worst, but there are lots of Monarchs and they moooove. The rest are pretty much stationary bullet sponges.

The best idea Ive heard thrown around is a Major for the gulanee, they moooove, that imo would be the most fun idea to implement.

Second would be deathmatch pvp free for all in a bunker map, no teams, no cap points. Expanding on the deathmatch to king of the hill, Im thinking on top of the little box room on the top level of the carpark in SV.

Thats whats in my "wish it would happen, but prolly never will" box.

Logain
08-31-2015, 12:46 PM
What I would have liked to have seen is different weapon drops of the same synergies.... for example(s) a Plate Slicer Tachmag, Heartbreaker Ground Pounder, a Radiant Solstice Particle Repeater etc. I don't think it would have been that hard to implement. While still allowing for some interesting weapons to chase. Could keep the "named" weapons the same but providing a different variety of guns would have been great.

But the number one thing would be new enemies! (Shrill???) Or a new mashup of enemy ark falls. I mean how about a Scrappers, Raiders and Niners joint invasion! Imagine the time people would have with a ton of suped up Forges, Jack Legs and Tankers running about all trying to eliminate Arkhunters. Then add in the Shooting Arms seen during a Progenitor Ark Fall Final (with the appropriate buffs). That would be fun.

Or how about a different kind of ark event??? Something like making the use of the Heaven Sent map in which there scores of Dark Matter or Volge that a team of 10-20 have to clear out. Make the enemies spawn across the map like these other ark falls but make it inside.

Or even an open field (or what ever we can constitute as open) march like an expedition but outside (think some of the Gunslinger maps but longer and more scores of enemies. And make it an expedition ark fall.

Logain
08-31-2015, 12:50 PM
On a simpler note I wish that Trion would implement away to save progress in Expeditions to make the chase for loot there more obtainable. I mean if the loot drastically increases at Tier 30+ Rd 8+ it would be great to save your status if you have to log off at Tier 32 Rd 10 because you know real life. But then I would like to restart at that same level when I can play a day or two later? What is the harm in it? The level is tougher (much tougher than at Tier 23). There is more of a chance to lose your HR so it not like Trion is losing out that way. And actually if they wanted to monetize it more (i know dirty word) I would pay 1 HR to save my status so I could come back at the same difficulty Tier and Rd after a server reset. But that's just my 2 scrip.

Arcade
08-31-2015, 12:52 PM
This event is okay, but it would greatly benefit from higher quality rewards and an increased frequency of major arkfalls. As I've said before, the fact that three types of events are competing for face time means that a player is lucky to find 2 of the same one on a given day. If the arkfalls appeared more often, we'd have a much better chance of finding the mods and weapons we're looking for rather than just collecting from whatever type happens to show up.

David Irwin
08-31-2015, 01:36 PM
This event is okay, but it would greatly benefit from higher quality rewards and an increased frequency of major arkfalls. As I've said before, the fact that three types of events are competing for face time means that a player is lucky to find 2 of the same one on a given day. If the arkfalls appeared more often, we'd have a much better chance of finding the mods and weapons we're looking for rather than just collecting from whatever type happens to show up.
yes and YES

MrQuacky
08-31-2015, 01:54 PM
I would like more solo skill events like a special arena maps againts things!
this ones feels more like:
go there fast it last seconds!
shoot as many things as you can as fast as you can!
get blue mods / missile launchers xD (i got like 8 blues purples)
Dunno it feels like a grind chase instead of a special occasion.

I would love to duel important characters in arenas like cass or anyothers.

or dunno something that required more than rushing around shotting a few shot before it ended.(not like scores mathers if you actually try to shoot at stuff instead of bmg/infect)

sixsais
08-31-2015, 04:46 PM
I would like more solo skill events like a special arena maps againts things!
this ones feels more like:
go there fast it last seconds!
shoot as many things as you can as fast as you can!
get blue mods / missile launchers xD (i got like 8 blues purples)
Dunno it feels like a grind chase instead of a special occasion.

I would love to duel important characters in arenas like cass or anyothers.

or dunno something that required more than rushing around shotting a few shot before it ended.(not like scores mathers if you actually try to shoot at stuff instead of bmg/infect)

Imagine a private instance WM type of event arkfall where you pay 1 HR and fight a big boss with maybe 15 people tops and among the loot there's the possibility of getting a supreme version of a named. For example, fighting a buffed Viscera would give you a chance to get a Supreme Dove Mk II.

A_D3MON
09-01-2015, 08:32 AM
I have to say yes to the increasing of the rewards but more importantly imo is the frequency of the event arkfalls... this current event isn't that big a deal due 2 there being a lot of normal arkfalls (I logged on yesterday and was immediately hit with 3 major arkfalls all normal, 1 in mount tam, 1 in San Fran, and 1 in SV) so maybe disable the normals while the event is going on and increase the frequency of the event arkfalls and to make things even more easier maybe for events like armistice have the differtent arkfalls in different shards so that way the people looking for a certain synergy can be in that shard with the synergy they're looking for...