PDA

View Full Version : How do i hook up a controller on my pc?

kilza pc user
08-31-2015, 12:09 PM
its a laptop was going to get a wireless do i need a box wire?

MrQuacky
08-31-2015, 12:39 PM
its a laptop was going to get a wireless do i need a box wire?

as far as I know the 360 / xbone controllers are completely compatible with pcs. i have a 360 one (wired) and works good...
I just dont play defiance with it :/ prefer mouse and keys for shooters.

Keeper Riff
08-31-2015, 01:01 PM
XBox 360 / XInput controllers work right away. For a DirectInput device you need a XInput emulator like x360ce (http://www.x360ce.com/)

I just dont play defiance with it :/ prefer mouse and keys for shooters.Half of a gamepad for movement + mouse for aiming works nice as well.

Claydough
08-31-2015, 01:08 PM
I use a ps4 controller using inputmapper on 8.1

Keeper Riff
08-31-2015, 02:50 PM
Does the inputmapper make its touchpad function as a mouse, e.g. control the camera view? The XInput driver I found for it made it work only in menus to move the cursor but NOT in-game to control the camera for some reason. Did anyone have better results?

Claydough
08-31-2015, 07:52 PM
Does the inputmapper make its touchpad function as a mouse, e.g. control the camera view? The XInput driver I found for it made it work only in menus to move the cursor but NOT in-game to control the camera for some reason. Did anyone have better results?

Yep, my touch pad works perfect in game.
I think that the button on the touch pad dont work, but ive never really tried to get them working.