PDA

View Full Version : Fire Rate

VSC
09-01-2015, 03:20 PM
New to game, by about 5 days I think.
I am diggin the Sub Machs, is 30 fire rate is as high as I can find, can you make them higher?
Just curry azz.

Also, is it possible to rename weapons? It would make them easier to find in INv on spur of the moment, especially when I have like 10 weapons starred lol.

~ VSc

SirServed
09-01-2015, 03:27 PM
I am diggin the Sub Machs, is 30 fire rate is as high as I can find, can you make them higher?
Just curry azz.

~ VSc
Yes, you can. Just be aware that while fire rate increases your burst DPS, it also lowers your ammo efficiency.

WhiteStrike
09-01-2015, 03:37 PM
Just curry azz.

Also, is it possible to rename weapons? It would make them easier to find in INv on spur of the moment, especially when I have like 10 weapons starred lol.

~ VSc

Be careful with fire rate:it gets lower during laggy situations.

VSC
09-01-2015, 05:11 PM
Thanks guys! Hey they wouldn't happen to have a backpack sized ammo bag that feeds into the gun would they ? ;)

SirServed
09-01-2015, 05:19 PM
Thanks guys! Hey they wouldn't happen to have a backpack sized ammo bag that feeds into the gun would they ? ;)
Yeah. It's called Bullet Rain Enhancement and you can rent it for 4 hours at the low low price of only 80 Bits!

crazyged
09-02-2015, 07:30 AM
I was stoked when I got a Wolfman at the last event, until I started firing it...

My Needler was bad enough, but this thing is an ammo hog!

I'll stick to my more sedate Lady, thanks - gets the job done just as efficiently and doesn't leave you high and dry at a crucial moment!

Ray8888
09-02-2015, 07:34 AM
I have loved SMGs since I got the Diablo in the main story line. I never get rid of a nice SMG, sometimes I will even master a purp if it has interesting rolls.

MrQuacky
09-02-2015, 08:26 AM
I have loved SMGs since I got the Diablo in the main story line. I never get rid of a nice SMG, sometimes I will even master a purp if it has interesting rolls.

Im exactly the same but with pistols :O
i use blue ones from tipe to time in pvp for self bragging rights

bigbri2k5
09-02-2015, 08:48 AM
I was stoked when I got a Wolfman at the last event, until I started firing it...

My Needler was bad enough, but this thing is an ammo hog!

I'll stick to my more sedate Lady, thanks - gets the job done just as efficiently and doesn't leave you high and dry at a crucial moment!
For normal content I agree, they burn ammo insanely fast and can leave you in trouble. However I find them great for the big event arkfalls. I have a Springer with OJ fire rate roll and between spikes, the sheer amount of dropped loot and if necessary standing on top of the ammo box I can keep firing all day.

crazyged
09-03-2015, 12:00 AM
Im exactly the same but with pistols :O
i use blue ones from tipe to time in pvp for self bragging rights

Yeah, someone shot me in the face with a pistol the other day - I was very embarrassed!

Midnight
09-03-2015, 12:06 AM
Love me some SMGs, for the open world they're great...but for co-ops and expeditions I've gone back to using SAWs...

Atticus Batman
09-03-2015, 12:08 AM
Just curry azz.

~ VSc

No you can not rename weapons. They said a few times they wanted to add that feature, but still haven't. And 10 starred items is nothing. I have almost 80 favorited and others have at least 300 favorited.

VSC
09-04-2015, 06:14 PM
Wow man, thats insane and a lot. I have been trying to keep my inventory no higher than 30, its an old ESO habit
Yeah when Load out switching doesn't work, trying to find that one weapon for a specific situation makes it pretty confusing. Wish there was better organization tools for sure!

cmpowell
09-04-2015, 06:58 PM
my spinal tap tachmag has a 33.8 fire rate. it's pretty fun

Sevrin
09-05-2015, 08:06 AM
I was stoked when I got a Wolfman at the last event, until I started firing it...My Needler was bad enough, but this thing is an ammo hog!

So true, sigh --- especially if one makes the Wolfman supreme and then re-rolls the OJ roll to fire rate (which I did). I carry 3 T4 magazine augmenters in one of my rigs that give me 1.5% ammo every 10 seconds. It helps some with Wolfman in Expeditions when there is a fair amount of run-time between rooms, but keeps my detonators going completely.

Fire rate is definitely a two-edged sword, so to speak, but with the right perks and rig set-up the downside can be mitigated. Still, as a rule of thumb, in PVE I tend to look for more damage and a larger mag over fire rate (or DPS + reload as opposed to just DPS). Just my opinion though.

SirServed
09-05-2015, 01:56 PM
So true, sigh --- especially if one makes the Wolfman supreme and then re-rolls the OJ roll to fire rate (which I did). I carry 3 T4 magazine augmenters in one of my rigs that give me 1.5% ammo every 10 seconds. It helps some with Wolfman in Expeditions when there is a fair amount of run-time between rooms, but keeps my detonators going completely.

Fire rate is definitely a two-edged sword, so to speak, but with the right perks and rig set-up the downside can be mitigated. Still, as a rule of thumb, in PVE I tend to look for more damage and a larger mag over fire rate (or DPS + reload as opposed to just DPS). Just my opinion though.
I think the biggest reason I haven't attempted to supreme my Wolfman is because it becomes less of an all-star every time the tier is raised. In regards to high damage per shot weapons, you're on the right track but may have overlooked something.