PDA

View Full Version : Fix broken Rhino shield!

Skiller115
09-05-2015, 06:05 PM
If the OP Cymatic Empowerment synergy wasn't enough! We now have more and more players using this broken OP shield, no I'm not talking about a normal Rhino, no! This nooby thing has 40k+ Shield capacity and is making pvp even more unbalanced and unfair!

Chump Norris
09-05-2015, 07:01 PM
If its the shield I'm think of why is it unfair? It can be easily obtained by anyone.

Skiller115
09-05-2015, 07:05 PM
If its the shield I'm think of why is it unfair? It can be easily obtained by anyone.

1. It's broken
2. Many people don't know it's broken
3. Imagine if everyone knew about it! Everyone would be running around with a blue shield!
4. See my point?

Mrdr
09-05-2015, 07:10 PM
1. It's broken
2. Many people don't know it's broken
3. Imagine if everyone knew about it! Everyone would be running around with a blue shield!
4. See my point?

No. And so what if they were? Who says everyone must use oj or purple shields?

Smokey Black
09-05-2015, 07:16 PM
There a few piper mission shields not just the rhino. I don't even think it's broken, players can get them by playing the season 2 piper missions they are rewards for completing them.

Nefarious
09-05-2015, 07:30 PM
Yeah everyone. Get these shields. Upgrade them to blue with just a 100 Ark Forge. And presto, you have the highest cap shields in the game! And then there is really no reason to have to get another shield. 40k shield capacity! The shield chase is over! DO IT! DO IT NOW!

Elena Vermillion
09-05-2015, 08:53 PM
... there is really no reason to have to get another shield. 40k shield capacity! The shield chase is over! DO IT! DO IT NOW!

But... I like my Berzerker shields.... D:

whit
09-06-2015, 12:18 AM
Heard on the grapevine about this shield so I redid the story and kept the ironclad. Made it blue and got a 40K shield, ideal for expeditions. I have resisted getting comfortable with it because I knew one day it would get exposed and will probably get nerfed as it does seem OP.

xXxDSMer
09-06-2015, 02:42 AM
It's a mission reward that literally ANYONE can get, and it's working as intended - or it wouldn't be the way it is.

Those that think its "op" strictly based on capacity, or those that think its "unfair" - try playing some episode missions and get one yourself instead of just coming to the forum to cry about something that you don't have simply because you didn't do some episode missions.

& btw: those shields do have an up, like increased capacity
BUT they also have multiple downs: like missing shield ability (regen, fortifier, berzerker, etc etc - there's none of that on the reward shields),
AND even when upgraded to blue they're still missing an armor plate compared to oj shields.

snoglobe81
09-06-2015, 03:46 AM
You can't really view this as broken, glitched or OP. It's not a recent development considering that's a mission from earlier in the game. Think of it as this. If players weren't in such a hurry trying to get better weapons or shelds they have noticw they had good stuff along. Who knows maybe it will get fixed? At least explains why I saw 5k ego player using one.

Bentu
09-06-2015, 04:46 AM

They will now though :cool:

Olaf
09-06-2015, 05:59 AM
They will now though :cool:

Why? That extra 10k cap really doesn't help that much. There are players who use them in pvp and they still die, just like everyone else. Personally I prefer to have a bonus and 30k cap, e.g. 12 less dmg while charging far outweighs 10k cap that is gone with 1 or 2 bullet of most guns.

Mrdr
09-06-2015, 06:19 AM
Why? That extra 10k cap really doesn't help that much. There are players who use them in pvp and they still die, just like everyone else. Personally I prefer to have a bonus and 30k cap, e.g. 12 less dmg while charging far outweighs 10k cap that is gone with 1 or 2 bullet of most guns.

Exactly. This is why these are not OP nor broken.

Hellstr1ke
09-06-2015, 07:05 AM
Oh I'm telling EVERYBODY lol

Could you imagine what it would be like now if someone had it back in the day and brought it to OJ when you still could?

I always wondered if the Bach defense screen was somehow the best shield in the game at max ego and brought to OJ, not enough to waste my forge back then but I still wondered lol

Bentu
09-06-2015, 08:32 AM

I should of edited my quote better, I was referring to the first part about everyone knowing about it and not its use.

Keeper Riff
09-06-2015, 09:17 AM
Could you imagine what it would be like now if someone had it back in the day and brought it to OJ when you still could?It's a kind of thing that can easily lead to have your account stolen. So think twice if you really want to have one.

I always wondered if the Bach defense screen was somehow the best shield in the game at max ego and brought to OJ, not enough to waste my forge back then but I still wondered lolThe starter shield could not be upgraded, at least at the time when encryption wasn't there yet.

Skiller115
09-06-2015, 09:49 AM

Math class
Ok armor plating blocks 10% damage each!
My ego 6000 has 29280 capacity
A ego 6000 blue Piper Rhino has 42k capacity but only two armor plating
Ok so the real damage protection from the Claw is = 29280*.3=8784
8784+29280=38,064<40k or 42k :p
Real protection from Piper Rhino = 42,000*.2=8,400
8400+42,000= 50,400>38,064
Please refrain from pulling words from the gutter!

A_D3MON
09-06-2015, 09:53 AM
Math class
Please refrain from pulling words from the gutter!

if u had actually read sum1 elses quote then u wuld know that said blue rhino doesnt have armor plating so now ur just the 1 pulling words from the gutter

Skiller115
09-06-2015, 09:56 AM
if u had actually read sum1 elses quote then u wuld know that said blue rhino doesnt have armor plating so now ur just the 1 pulling words from the gutter

Lol it has two armor plating!

A_D3MON
09-06-2015, 09:58 AM
Lol it has two armor plating!

and how xactly wuld u kno that unless u have obtained 1? plus it doesn't even have special abilities... if it did then evry1 wuld definitly b using 1?

ARB82
09-06-2015, 10:04 AM
Selling mine for 150million scrip :D

Skiller115
09-06-2015, 10:06 AM
and how xactly wuld u kno that unless u have obtained 1? plus it doesn't even have special abilities... if it did then evry1 wuld definitly b using 1?

1. My friend has one!
2. Whenever I'm pumping a guy full of lead I see that it takes more shots to kill him and above his head is clearly 2 armor plating

A_D3MON
09-06-2015, 10:07 AM
1. My friend has one!
2. Whenever I'm pumping a guy full of lead I see that it takes more shots to kill him and above his head is clearly 2 armor plating

1) meaning u'd probably b using 1 @ sum point urself
2) 2 armor plating does not a blue rhino make

Skiller115
09-06-2015, 10:10 AM
1) meaning u'd probably b using 1 @ sum point urself
2) 2 armor plating does not a blue rhino make
Lol no I never use that cheap shield I don't even have one! Nice try though.

Hellstr1ke
09-06-2015, 10:38 AM
It's a kind of thing that can easily lead to have your account stolen. So think twice if you really want to have one.

How exactly would wondering what it would be like as an OJ, from pre-encryption days somehow lead to a stolen account?

Olaf
09-06-2015, 10:54 AM
Listen anyone can obtain one by completing the Piper Investigation, part 3 to get the Iron. The Rhino and Tachyon both have big caps also. They are green but can be upgraded to Blue. Also they are untradeable, so why your account would be hacked for having one is beyond me, it's not secret shield. I believe it has the bigger cap because it was a reward from a episode mission introducing nanod hellbug.

Keeper Riff
09-06-2015, 10:58 AM
How exactly would wondering what it would be like as an OJ, from pre-encryption days somehow lead to a stolen account?Wondering about it does not. Having one does. So don't expect an answer from those who have it.

xXxDSMer
09-06-2015, 11:33 AM
1. Ok the shield wasn't always broken!
2. Let me guess you're one of the same people that thinks that infectors that kill you twice after respawning is "working as intended"
3. Why must anyone with a different opinion then yours be a chicken little?
4. This topic isn't irrelevant simply because you think its so because of your opinion that must be shoved down everyone's throat!
5. If the shield was "working as intended" it would have a description saying it has more capacity then normal!

1) that shield is exactly like it's been for longer than you've been here, and longer than I've been here, and longer than many others have been here.
2) infectors, along with all other DoTs, should end on death.
3) because you are chicken little - QQing about a shield that you can easily go get yourself.
4) You're the one trying to shove things down others throats, like this thread cryin about a shield that ain't as great as you're thinkin it is.
5) Not everything in the game has a description that says exactly what it does with 100% detail. VBI TACC Assault Rifle for example: does full damage all the way to draw distance but that's not mentioned in the description. That AR is working as intended. It was coded that way by the devs. Just like the project piper shields were coded the way they are by the devs.

If you think those shields are that awesome to warrant coming on the forum to QQ about them, then go get them yourself.
If you think those shields somehow tilt the playing field, then go do the missions, get those shields yourself, and level that playing field.

And to squash your theory about those shields being "broken" - what's the real chance that there would be not only one shield, but FIVE mission reward shields all with that same characteristic?
Sure.. if only one of those shields from that episode mission chain was different then that one shield could be considered broken.
But there are five shields and they're all similar:
green huricane with radiation resist
green ironclad with electric resist
green rhino with fire resist
green tachyon with bio resist
blue tachyon with bio resist

And anyone can get those shields, and they'll be the same as anyone else's project piper shields.

Skiller115
09-06-2015, 12:18 PM
1) that shield is exactly like it's been for longer than you've been here, and longer than I've been here, and longer than many others have been here.
2) infectors, along with all other DoTs, should end on death.
3) because you are chicken little - QQing about a shield that you can easily go get yourself.
4) You're the one trying to shove things down others throats, like this thread cryin about a shield that ain't as great as you're thinkin it is.
5) Not everything in the game has a description that says exactly what it does with 100% detail. VBI TACC Assault Rifle for example: does full damage all the way to draw distance but that's not mentioned in the description. That AR is working as intended. It was coded that way by the devs. Just like the project piper shields were coded the way they are by the devs.

If you think those shields are that awesome to warrant coming on the forum to QQ about them, then go get them yourself.
If you think those shields somehow tilt the playing field, then go do the missions, get those shields yourself, and level that playing field.

And to squash your theory about those shields being "broken" - what's the real chance that there would be not only one shield, but FIVE mission reward shields all with that same characteristic?
Sure.. if only one of those shields from that episode mission chain was different then that one shield could be considered broken.
But there are five shields and they're all similar:
green huricane with radiation resist
green ironclad with electric resist
green rhino with fire resist
green tachyon with bio resist
blue tachyon with bio resist

And anyone can get those shields, and they'll be the same as anyone else's project piper shields.

What you didn't think about is that if everyone knew this, then Trion wouldn't have people spending AF on OJ and Supreme shields because people would know that this campaign shield protects you more than anything else!

A_D3MON
09-06-2015, 12:29 PM
Yep their you go making things up and saying the this thread is pointless is you shoving your opinion down my throat good job! And why must you bully everyone with a different opinion than yours by going on threads and posting nonsense, then even go out and say something is pointless because you don't agree with it! You're the only one here with the issue.

actually he's not bullying or making things up... if u wuld quit cherry picking like ive been seeing u do then u wuld realize that all the points he just mentioned had been mentioned and ur just being selective... he's just saying xactly that and more by stating u just came on the forums 4 validation bout a useless problem that is easily rectified

What you didn't think about is that if everyone knew this, then Trion wouldn't have people spending AF on OJ and Supreme shields because people would know that this campaign shield protects you more than anything else!

Trion DOES know about it they don't care bcuz either way they're getting more money AND they are not the best shields n game just easier 2 obtain

Skiller115
09-06-2015, 12:49 PM
actually he's not bullying or making things up... if u wuld quit cherry picking like ive been seeing u do then u wuld realize that all the points he just mentioned had been mentioned and ur just being selective... he's just saying xactly that and more by stating u just came on the forums 4 validation bout a useless problem that is easily rectified

Trion DOES know about it they don't care bcuz either way they're getting more money AND they are not the best shields n game just easier 2 obtain

Math class
The numbers have spoken!

A_D3MON
09-06-2015, 01:09 PM
The numbers have spoken!

again ur cherry picking... just cuz it got armor pl8s and has a higher cap does not a bttr shield it make... bsides most oj shields have effects that make them better then that shield... if ur so upset then go get 1 and quit whining... or just stay out of pvp til u can handle it

stefb42
09-06-2015, 01:19 PM
There are oddities throughout this game, doesn't make them bugs or exploits though

So this shield makes all others obsolete? I personally like my self revive regen and will take it over extra capacity any day

So as pointed out its better because its a reward, have you ever seen a faction vendor weapon? Same guns as what drop elsewhere in the game, yet the faction stuff puts the regular gear to shame with 10% dmg bonuses built in, they're like this because we need to earn them, just like the piper shields, the description of faction obtained weapons make no mention of the built in dmg bonus, its just there, some jackpot weapons...on top of the 5% dmg boost that isn't mentioned in the description often have other features unique to them that again aren't mentioned anywhere in the description (like how the warmonger with no recoil rolls has half the bloom of a regular saw) to say its bugged because its not in the description is just wrong

Skiller115
09-06-2015, 01:21 PM
again ur cherry picking... just cuz it got armor pl8s and has a higher cap does not a bttr shield it make... bsides most oj shields have effects that make them better then that shield... if ur so upset then go get 1 and quit whining... or just stay out of pvp til u can handle it

This is rich!
Pvp :p you flatter me! If only you knew.

A_D3MON
09-06-2015, 01:27 PM
This is rich!
Pvp :p you flatter me! If only you knew.

wat ego system and server r u? cuz that probly has a lot 2 do with ur attitude

A_D3MON
09-06-2015, 01:30 PM
There are oddities throughout this game, doesn't make them bugs or exploits though

So this shield makes all others obsolete? I personally like my self revive regen and will take it over extra capacity any day

So as pointed out its better because its a reward, have you ever seen a faction vendor weapon? Same guns as what drop elsewhere in the game, yet the faction stuff puts the regular gear to shame with 10% dmg bonuses built in, they're like this because we need to earn them, just like the piper shields, the description of faction obtained weapons make no mention of the built in dmg bonus, its just there, some jackpot weapons...on top of the 5% dmg boost that isn't mentioned in the description often have other features unique to them that again aren't mentioned anywhere in the description (like how the warmonger with no recoil rolls has half the bloom of a regular saw) to say its bugged because its not in the description is just wrong

he just wants sum1 2 validate the point that he feels they should b either removed or nerfed... he doesnt understand that there're bttr shields out there... he's just focused on the fact that it has higher cap then MOST i repeat MOST shields there're and he doesn't wanna get 1 of those other shields or this shield

Skiller115
09-06-2015, 01:39 PM
wat ego system and server r u? cuz that probly has a lot 2 do with ur attitude

Xbox EU and ego 6000 in one month!

A_D3MON
09-06-2015, 01:45 PM
Xbox EU and ego 6000 in one month!

yea play on the NA servers then talk... otherwise quit whining bout these shields cuz evry1 i kno that has/had them also say they aren't the best

Skiller115
09-06-2015, 01:57 PM
yea play on the NA servers then talk... otherwise quit whining bout these shields cuz evry1 i kno that has/had them also say they aren't the best

You don't know anyone! Play on EU and get handed to! on a side note Shadow wars are broken again on EU! Trion please fix! I have to keep my murder quo! :)

A_D3MON
09-06-2015, 02:00 PM
[QUOTE=Skiller115;1817629]You don't know anyone!QUOTE]

yea actually i do... i've been playing with the clan the Shadow Wolves, friends with STL DRU, Cobra Crusher, dashartz, and a bunch of other high ego characters... pple such as u r the main reason i avoid servers i don't kno 2 well... time 2 leave this thread cuz all u r doing is whining bout shields that arent even the best as there is no best... mayb if u used high dps instead of courier mayb that wuld make a difference... g'day, g'night, and g'bye

Skiller115
09-06-2015, 02:12 PM
[QUOTE=Skiller115;1817629]You don't know anyone!QUOTE]

yea actually i do... i've been playing with the clan the Shadow Wolves, friends with STL DRU, Cobra Crusher, dashartz, and a bunch of other high ego characters... pple such as u r the main reason i avoid servers i don't kno 2 well... time 2 leave this thread cuz all u r doing is whining bout shields that arent even the best as there is no best... mayb if u used high dps instead of courier mayb that wuld make a difference... g'day, g'night, and g'bye
About time! Since you still failed to prove anything! I just gave you numbers and yet you are still saying I'm crying about something!

Smokey Black
09-06-2015, 02:31 PM
Numbers aren't everything when it comes to shields, Things like Charger/Regeneration are way better than some extra shield cap. Not to mention a lot of the other shield abilities don't fall that short of straight cap, you have to be very narrow minded to think these(piper) shields are all that.

Skiller115
09-06-2015, 02:50 PM
Numbers aren't everything when it comes to shields, Things like Charger/Regeneration are way better than some extra shield cap. Not to mention a lot of the other shield abilities don't fall that short of straight cap, you have to be very narrow minded to think these(piper) shields are all that.

Well yeah of course all those special abilities make them better, but in general the numbers don't lie! All those perks can't amount up to the extra 12k cap! Sure you got a GA but it's for if you or someone go down! You can easily just switch shields! Don't even get me started on how useful it is in the Hellbug expo because 90% of the time your armor plating will be broken anyways! And pvp everyone uses rad anyways so you'll just just get an extra 12k shield while others don't know about the shield die in one shot!

Chump Norris
09-06-2015, 05:36 PM
Where does 42k come from? It was just over 40k at 6k ego last I checked..

Skiller115 have you tried the shield?

Skiller115
09-06-2015, 05:44 PM
Where does 42k come from? It was just over 40k at 6k ego last I checked..

Skiller115 have you tried the shield?

No, and when the shield is "upgraded" I've been told it's 42k but 40k or 42k it would not be a notable difference!

Chump Norris
09-06-2015, 05:46 PM
No, and when the shield is "upgraded" I've been told it's 42k but 40k or 42k it would not be a notable difference!

So get one and try it, come back in a day and let us know how you switched back to your oj shield..

Skiller115
09-06-2015, 05:48 PM
So get one and try it, come back in a day and let us know how you switched back to your oj shield..

I will never use something so cheap!

Chump Norris
09-06-2015, 05:51 PM
I will never use something so cheap!

Why wont you try it? You say its "so cheap" but haven't even tried it..

Skiller115
09-06-2015, 05:54 PM
Why wont you try it? You say its "so cheap" but haven't even tried it..

Why do you want me to bounce around with a blue shield?

konstantinov
09-06-2015, 05:56 PM
How the hell is someone going to make all these claims without having the shield themself? Regardless, it'll be nerfed very shortly and people are still clueless why everything gets nerfed. Pay attention kids, this is why.

Chump Norris
09-06-2015, 05:57 PM
Why do you want me to bounce around with a blue shield?

You may use it from time to time, but you would go back to your oj shield, unless your oj shield isn't very good..

So why wont you try it?

Skiller115
09-06-2015, 06:06 PM
You may use it from time to time, but you would go back to your oj shield, unless your oj shield isn't very good..

So why wont you try it?

I don't have any special shields and I don't encourage noobmanship!
Someone asks hey why are you using a blue shield in pvp! Answer because it's broken and has more capacity!
So how do you get the shield? You do the piper missions!

See no need to even touch the thing! I got my script pre written

Chump Norris
09-06-2015, 06:10 PM
I don't have any special shields and I don't encourage noobmanship!
Someone asks hey why are you using a blue shield in pvp! Answer because it's broken and has more capacity!
So how do you get the shield? You do the piper missions!

See no need to even touch the thing! I got my script pre written

Well hopefully the devs aren't lazy and do the missions and try the shield before calling it OP.

You haven't actually given a reason for not trying the shield so I'm going with laziness..

Skiller115
09-06-2015, 06:13 PM
How the hell is someone going to make all these claims without having the shield themself? Regardless, it'll be nerfed very shortly and people are still clueless why everything gets nerfed. Pay attention kids, this is why.

I just did! :p

Skiller115
09-06-2015, 06:15 PM
Well hopefully the devs aren't lazy and do the missions and try the shield before calling it OP.

You haven't actually given a reason for not trying the shield so I'm going with laziness..

I can show a horse a book, but I can't make one read it!

Chump Norris
09-06-2015, 06:53 PM
I can show a horse a book, but I can't make one read it!

Stop playing with horses and do the missions so you can try the shield.

Smokey Black
09-06-2015, 06:54 PM
I put ones of these shields on for 10 minutes and then sold it to the nearest vendor. The only thing broken is your inventory of shields.

The Lady
09-06-2015, 07:24 PM
I like how the guy who has been playing for a few months wants to talk about noobmanship. There are so many more important issues that need to be address then some low level guy using a blue shield in PVP. I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess the ones using it are also carrying rocket launchers and hopping around all over the place.

Big Jack Shepard
09-06-2015, 07:24 PM
I've been playing so long that I had forgot about these shields and the discussions they generated when they first became available.

Leave people alone. Let them have their shields.

PvP in this game is easy. A 40k shield isn't that big of a deal.

stefb42
09-07-2015, 04:05 AM
So were complaining about what 12k difference in capacity? And pvp is the issue as you wouldn't have anything to complain about if you ain't competing

So just what is 12k dmg?
2-3 bullets from am assault rifle
3 bullets from an smg or pulser
3-4 bullets from a tachmag
2 rounds from a big boomer will still wipe you up
A few shotgun pellets
1 extra bug or 2 DoT ticks from the canker type
Decent sniper will still headshot you in 1 like it should

Most of this will be done by simply doing the same as you would do killing a guy with a 'non glitched' shield, you know getting them in the crosshair and shooting, the automatics will supply the extra shots required in a fraction of a second, explosive stuff should feel no different, and if you're being chased down by a pack of bugs or covered in canker goo already 12k probably isn't going to save you so no change there

Only weapon type I see issue with is the cheap 1 shot sawed offs, extra 12k may force the cloak and 1 shot shotty guys to reload for the kill effectively doubling the time to kill, but as you don't partake in 'noobmanship' (quotation marks in case anyone thinks I was toolish enough to use such terms) this cant be your issue either

So please, what exactly is your issue with it, I really don't think it's as OP as you're making out

ARB82
09-07-2015, 04:20 AM
I like how the guy who has been playing for a few months wants to talk about noobmanship. There are so many more important issues that need to be address then some low level guy using a blue shield in PVP. I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess the ones using it are also carrying rocket launchers and hopping around all over the place.

what's wrong with that :D works for me

xXxDSMer
09-07-2015, 04:36 AM

except:
1) the project piper shields aren't as great as you *think* they are.
2) people don't upgrade shields anyways. Especially not purp to oj, and most of not all of the supreme shields that were upgraded from oj - the people that have them got lucky on a low % because ain't no one goin to spend 3300 forge on a shield when they could spend that amount on a weapon.

---

and you haven't even went and done the missions to get the very shields you're complaining about.
Which means: you really don't have an inch of ground to stand on, to complain from, because you haven't even used them yourself - for anything.
Making this entire thread a QQ about something others have that you don't - and instead of going to get it yourself, you came to the forum to whine about others having it.

E-generation at its finest. (and no, the E doesn't stand for electronic. It stands for entitlement.)

The Lady
09-07-2015, 09:01 AM
what's wrong with that :D works for me

My point sir was I'm sure he is one of the ones who has been demanding that hopping be taking out of the game. I think people should be allowed to play in what ever fashion is fun for them. I have come in contact with a lot of douchie players, doesn't mean I want all their tactics banned from the game. Hell I spend whole matches just sitting in the spawn point killing the guys jumping up in there going for easy kills. Again douchie tactic don't think it should be banned. It is the only way those poor guys and get kills.

Skiller115
09-07-2015, 10:30 AM
except:
2) people don't upgrade shields anyways. Especially not purp to oj, and most of not all of the supreme shields that were upgraded from oj - the people that have them got lucky on a low % because ain't no one goin to spend 3300 forge on a shield when they could spend that amount on a weapon.

---

and you haven't even went and done the missions to get the very shields you're complaining about.
Which means: you really don't have an inch of ground to stand on, to complain from, because you haven't even used them yourself - for anything.
Making this entire thread a QQ about something others have that you don't - and instead of going to get it yourself, you came to the forum to whine about others having it.

E-generation at its finest. (and no, the E doesn't stand for electronic. It stands for entitlement.)

Cool story bro!

Skiller115
09-07-2015, 10:36 AM
except:

---

My ego 6000 Claw has 29280 capacity
I know everyone isn't good at math but these numbers still trumps your opinion!
50,400>38,064 is a fact!
Everything else is your opinion!
Even if 40,000*.2=8000
8000+40000= 48000>38,064
Nearly 10,000 increase of capacity minimum!
So show me a shield that makes up for the extra 10k in its special perks!

Olaf
09-07-2015, 11:03 AM
50,400>38,064 is a fact!
Even if 40,000*.2=8000
8000+40000= 48000>38,064

I'd pick an iron charger with rad res, preferably an ark though. Definitely would choose that over the blue piper shields.

Fallen_Aingeal
09-07-2015, 11:07 AM
It's a novelty item. Nothing more.

I kill players using them all the time. If you can't, not sure what to tell ya that won't result in an infraction/ban....

I have one. It sets in inventory collecting dust and being an amusing conversation piece.

If you've never tried it, your argument is baseless and un-validated.

Skiller115
09-07-2015, 11:22 AM
If you've never tried it, your argument is baseless and un-validated.

I don't need to try crack to find out it's bad for me! Your logic is broken!

Fallen_Aingeal
09-07-2015, 12:14 PM
I don't need to try crack to find out it's bad for me! Your logic is broken!

Using Leibniz's law as your debate model proves my point.

c_e_r_u_l_e_a_n
09-07-2015, 12:19 PM
Another nerf thread, nothing to see here, move along. Because if you're not winning is obvious that the game needs to be nerfed. Could I roll my eyes any harder? :rolleyes:

SirServed
09-07-2015, 12:37 PM
50,400>38,064 is a fact!
Even if 40,000*.2=8000
8000+40000= 48000>38,064
If you're going to start throwing numbers at people, do it right. Your basic theory shows only shield capacities and you calculate Armor Plate effectiveness wrong. You need to be worried about how much total damage it will take to kill you, not just to break your shield. Remember that there are mechanics in the game that can and will instantly break your shield. The basic effective health models would look something like this:

29280/.75(.7) = 55771.4
21848*1.1/.7 = 34332.5
55771.4 + 34332.5 = 90103.5

42000/.75(.8) = 70000
21848/.8 = 27310
70000 + 27310 = 97310

97310 - 90103.5 = 7206.5

So the actual effective health increase from using the 42000 capacity shield is only 7206.5. You'd also want to take notice of the fact that the Chimera Claw also has Electric resistance which would give it favor vs. enemies using that nano effect.

Skiller115
09-07-2015, 02:10 PM
Using Leibniz's law as your debate model proves my point.

What does the Identity of indiscernibles has anything to do with this topic?

Fallen_Aingeal
09-07-2015, 02:22 PM
What does the Identity of indiscernibles has anything to do with this topic?

You're attempting to replace one perceived negative with another. It only works if both are, indeed, negative. Your opinion can't hinge that ideal...

Your argument is still without validity.

Skiller115
09-07-2015, 02:56 PM
You're attempting to replace one perceived negative with another. It only works if both are, indeed, negative. Your opinion can't hinge that ideal...

Your argument is still without validity.
So... You're saying I should try the crack even though I know the effects! Just to prove someone else's point to prove the effects I already predicted with data! You are basically trying to do the same test to get a different result which is

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Albert Einstein

Fallen_Aingeal
09-07-2015, 03:08 PM
So... You're saying I should try the crack even though I know the effects! Just to prove someone else's point to prove the effects I already predicted with data! You are basically trying to do the same test to get a different result which is

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Albert Einstein

No. I'm saying that you're comparing a "Known Bad, crack, with an unknown by you {shield} and claiming they have the same undesireable affects.

Actually, never mind. It just isn't worth arguing with less fortunate. Good day.

Skiller115
09-07-2015, 03:27 PM
Only in Defiance, does the community argue to keep the broken things broken! Sorry guys I only wanted to help but, you know "because grenades"

Saminator
09-07-2015, 03:31 PM
I agree with Skiller. These green/blue shields should not be equal to or greater than some of the best legendary shields by tanking more than the legendary versions of the shields. It's broken, simple, no sophisticated and complex explanation is needed for something like this. Come on guys.

Mrdr
09-07-2015, 03:52 PM
I wasn't going to jump back in on this but I can't help it here. I keep seeing you proclaim your opinion as though it is fact. Because you feel that it is broken does not make it so. Just because it has a higher capacity than other shields doesn't make it broken either--it just a higher capacity. This point was addressed by many. I think that's all anyone is saying.

If the shield said 42k capacity but actually took the equivalent of 3 plates worth of damage and 42.1k capacity or if it took 1 plate worth of damage and only 41.9k of capacity then it could be considered "broken". Until then, as long as it can only protect for 42k and 2 plates then it's working exactly as it says it is and, therefore, not broken.

Now you could say that in your opinion it is overpowered but that has already been addressed by many as not being the case (not the least of which, SirServed, with whom I don't always see eye to eye but I cannot argue his calculations as they are on point, has even mentioned that it's not the best shield in the game regardless of cap size). But, as mentioned, it's not a fact and I quote The Dude here, "That's just like...your opinion, man."

And now this time I'm definitely done with this thread. There's no other way to explain this point better, IMO (see that? Try it on for size and see how it feels...you may like it).

SirServed
09-07-2015, 04:15 PM
Rarity isn't everything. These shields give you more of this but you don't get that, give and take. When my DH breaks, myself and everyone nearby gains 15% increased damage for 5 seconds. These will never be able to provide that benefit. They're definitely appealing, but certainly not broken.

konstantinov
09-07-2015, 04:20 PM
Rarity isn't everything. These shields give you more of this but you don't get that, give and take. When my DH breaks, myself and everyone nearby gains 15% increased damage for 5 seconds. These will never be able to provide that benefit. They're definitely appealing, but certainly not broken.

Agreed, if anything they're the poor man's DH.

WhiteStrike
09-07-2015, 04:21 PM
I would take a Rhino or Ironclad Berserker V Ark over those shields any day.Sure they're better in terms of Tankiness,but they're vulnerable to Shock:the extra damage against shields tears those Piper shields,and the lack of 3 plates makes the health much more vulnerable.

WhiteStrike
09-07-2015, 04:25 PM
How do they get a damage buff?I thought firewall didn't have any damage increasing syn bonuses.

SirServed
09-07-2015, 04:37 PM
How do they get a damage buff?I thought firewall didn't have any damage increasing syn bonuses.
My DH is Wetwork because I'm a thug.

WhiteStrike
09-07-2015, 04:41 PM
My DH is Wetwork because I'm a thug.

Two questions:
-Does the bonus affect the shield user as well?
-Does the bonus stack with the Heartbreaker bonus?

SirServed
09-07-2015, 04:47 PM
Two questions:
Yes, I get the benefit also and I don't use/own HB weapons so I can't answer that.

WhiteStrike
09-07-2015, 04:48 PM
Yes, I get the benefit also and I don't use/own HB weapons so I can't answer that.

Thank you for the answer.

Chump Norris
09-07-2015, 07:22 PM
Don't bring up DH because if someone being to lazy to do missions for a pretty meh shield imagine how unfair a shield they have to trade for is..

final rest
09-07-2015, 09:16 PM
the reason i dont mind people using the shield is because you have to know about it to use it.. paying attention and learning info can be profitable

im thankful for never running into someone who looked at the capacity of the shield back when u could upgrade something more then once and brought it to orange.. again would never be mad at them for using or the game for making it possible.
if u know about the shield u can use it. seems reasonable

Kuroro
10-27-2015, 04:53 AM
its funny because sometimes i see a noob using that shield+apex in freigh yard and he still sucks.a gun or shield wont make you op if you play like having only 1 hand

Olaf
10-27-2015, 05:25 AM
Two questions:

We can test if you want, my daily shield is a ironclad regeneration 75% with rad resist and wetwork synergy.

Logain
10-27-2015, 07:46 AM
I think the so called Piper Shields are working as intended. To sum up quickly a useful Shield Guide (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?117424-SiN-s-Shield-Guide&p=1107869#post1107869) (albeit old but still contains useful information). Swallow the red pill and let's get Meta on some shields shall we?

The higher the class of shield (designated by Roman numerals I-V) the greater the designated stat buff. For Ironclads and Rhino that is shield capacity. For Resparks and Rebels that is delay time. Hurricanes and Tachyon it is Recharge rate.

The each shield has a Sub Class (designated D, DX, EX, Ark etc) which provides another benefit to the shield in both nano resist AND Sub Class Secondary Benefit (like Berzerker, Blastproof, etc.)

The greater the Sub Class tier the greater the secondary benefit as well as the nano resist.
BUUUUUT the greater the Sub Class tier the lesser the designated stat buff so an V EX Rhino shield would have lesser capacity V D shield. Likewise for Respark (greater delay time in this case).

See below for more details from guide:

For example: A Rhino Berserker IV EX will have the baseline stats (EX is the highest level for a quality IV shield-- not including ARK). However, you can have a Rhino Berserker IV DX (lowering the level down to dx). So why is it a IV and not a 3? Check the capacity compared the Rhino IV EX of the same EGO. It is higher. So, sacrifice Sub-Class level and you can enhance the affected stat. So a Respark Nah-Nah IV D will always have a faster delay than the same ego Respark Nah-Nah IV EX, or DX. Still confused? I hope not. So let's get into Sub-Classes:

In summary: If you like huge shield capacity in exchange with no secondary benefit and no nano resist? Find a legendary Rhino/Ironclad V shield (no subclass). Realize that without rad resist nano effect on this shield you will end up taking 15% more damage from the PVP nano of choice. Hence why the 8% capacity benefit (from thread example) of using the Piper Shields is negated in PVP in most circumstances.

Now swallow the blue pill and back to the way things were.

pew pew pew
10-27-2015, 08:03 AM
edit: nvm 10char

DEATHBRINGER210
10-27-2015, 08:44 AM
its funny because sometimes i see a noob using that shield+apex in freigh yard and he still sucks.a gun or shield wont make you op if you play like having only 1 hand

lol i saw you get super apex kill in pvp

Ali Fangsmith
10-27-2015, 08:58 AM
Yeah everyone. Get these shields. Upgrade them to blue with just a 100 Ark Forge. And presto, you have the highest cap shields in the game! And then there is really no reason to have to get another shield. 40k shield capacity! The shield chase is over! DO IT! DO IT NOW!

A few VETERAN
players have oj versions of this shield and the +5 mag sawed off scattergun... FYI

hempman
10-27-2015, 09:01 AM
A few VETERAN
players have oj versions of this shield and the +5 mag sawed off scattergun... FYI
but,are they getting disrupted??
lol!

Ali Fangsmith
10-27-2015, 09:16 AM
I disrupt all trolls I see...