PDA

View Full Version : Chimera and Paradise weapons...

Mayday
09-08-2015, 02:31 PM
I just pulled my 4th Precious and 3rd Final Caress for my toons' weeklies...I'm not complaining...I swear I'm not complaining...anyway, I think I'm gonna need something new to give me a boost after this most recent development. I've done Perforator, Empousa and Antaeus....was considering Northrup, but I'm not a big fan of fire nano and I'm far too OCD to break synergy for a mod. What do you guys think? Hekaton? Thoughts? I dont suppose any of you want to buy a Precious...Final Caress? Thanks.

Tex_Arcana
09-08-2015, 02:51 PM
Caress is disappointing. Precious is spamily hilarious and fun.
As far as the faction weapons go: I am unsure.

Mayday
09-08-2015, 03:23 PM
For the record, the comment about selling Final Caress and Precious is a joke. Funny thing is I actually love Final Caress. I have a poop shoe converted Caress that's proven quite useful, but who needs 3 of them? LOL

Chump Norris
09-09-2015, 12:15 AM
For the record, the comment about selling Final Caress and Precious is a joke. Funny thing is I actually love Final Caress. I have a poop shoe converted Caress that's proven quite useful, but who needs 3 of them? LOL

Try some different nanos on them, that's what I plan to do with my doubles of weapons....we definitely don't have a shortage of converters lol

TNO
09-09-2015, 01:15 AM
You could just sell t5 mods to earn some cash and buy a real gun on the market.

Logain
09-10-2015, 12:37 PM
I just pulled my 4th Precious and 3rd Final Caress for my toons' weeklies...I'm not complaining...I swear I'm not complaining...anyway, I think I'm gonna need something new to give me a boost after this most recent development. I've done Perforator, Empousa and Antaeus....was considering Northrup, but I'm not a big fan of fire nano and I'm far too OCD to break synergy for a mod. What do you guys think? Hekaton? Thoughts? I dont suppose any of you want to buy a Precious...Final Caress? Thanks.

Some other guns that might be good to try are the Mamba (VBI Semi-Auto Sniper variant) and Typhon (Big Boomer variant). If you like disruptors try Calydonian.

EDIT: Typhon is not a Boomer but a Grenade Launcher.

Arcade
09-16-2015, 07:27 AM
Honestly, Perforator is the only weapon from both vendors that interests me. I bought an Antaeus recently but I don't like it at all... it doesn't heal nearly as well as the Hellfire Saw... I dunno, maybe it's the syphon nano itself but something's wrong with this weapon.

But as I said, I don't like any of the other weapons on these lists, so my advice is to buy t5 mods for a backpack syn oj... assuming you don't vendor them immediately. :)

HappyJappy
09-16-2015, 08:07 AM
...Typhon (Big Boomer variant)... Just so everyone knows, Typhon is actually a VBI GL variant, not a big boomer.

crazyged
09-16-2015, 08:53 AM
I've got a Mamba - don't use it though, because of that sad little sound it makes...

xXxDSMer
09-17-2015, 07:53 AM
Honestly, Perforator is the only weapon from both vendors that interests me. I bought an Antaeus recently but I don't like it at all... it doesn't heal nearly as well as the Hellfire Saw... I dunno, maybe it's the syphon nano itself but something's wrong with this weapon.

But as I said, I don't like any of the other weapons on these lists, so my advice is to buy t5 mods for a backpack syn oj... assuming you don't vendor them immediately. :)

Guessing you don't have DLC5 (syphon perks), or haven't changed loadouts since last entering the world if you do have DLC5... because syphon is pretty sweet with those dlc5 perks for syphon working. But its pretty darn meteokre without DLC5 ego perks active.

---

Northrup is actually quite high dps with the orange damage, 10% mfg bonus dmg, and 9% syn damage bonus... but the new recoil rolls totally blow for thunder lmgs. If it weren't for the OCD I'd definitely say Northrup with external recoil and powerbore matching syn. Sight also. And convert to nano of choice with whatever standard syn converter. Just might have to master for recoil or add some recoil chips to a rig to get it to not climb at all

Arcade
09-17-2015, 11:34 AM
Guessing you don't have DLC5 (syphon perks), or haven't changed loadouts since last entering the world if you do have DLC5... because syphon is pretty sweet with those dlc5 perks for syphon working. But its pretty darn meteokre without DLC5 ego perks active.
I have the DLC and I have used the perks but I still find syphon pretty underwhelming. It's halfway decent on a flare gun or something similar, but not the sov and EMC smgs I have, and not Antaeus. The Blackened Hellfire SAW owns these weapons, but I will admit that when I had a syphon Northstar it was pretty okay... but it was Epic and that was before the supreme update so I vendored it (not wasting forge converting epics for any reason, but especially not for a novelty weapon like a flare gun).

Have you tried the Hellfire weapons to see the difference between the two? Their life steal abilities can be pretty powerful depending on the weapon type...

Tex_Arcana
09-17-2015, 11:52 AM
I have the DLC and I have used the perks but I still find syphon pretty underwhelming. It's halfway decent on a flare gun or something similar, but not the sov and EMC smgs I have, and not Antaeus. The Blackened Hellfire SAW owns these weapons, but I will admit that when I had a syphon Northstar it was pretty okay... but it was Epic and that was before the supreme update so I vendored it (not wasting forge converting epics for any reason, but especially not for a novelty weapon like a flare gun).

Have you tried the Hellfire weapons to see the difference between the two? Their life steal abilities can be pretty powerful depending on the weapon type...
It really depends on the weapon: I have a well-rolled OJ SAW with Syphon (crit/mag/recoil/ego revcharge/ OJ dmg) on it on one of my toons that has been awesome for leveling/dealing with SV Conflicts.
I do not see much difference between it's capability to keep her up when compared against an OJ Hellfire SMG (OJ dmg) I equipped her with recently.
As a matter of fact (without empirical testing): With the perks in; the SAW seems better. As it keeps chugging away long after the SMG has consumed the ammo pool.
I'll have to put one of my OJ BH SAWs on her to really see I guess.

Arcade
09-17-2015, 12:08 PM
It really depends on the weapon: I have a well-rolled OJ SAW with Syphon (crit/mag/recoil/ego revcharge/ OJ dmg) on it on one of my toons that has been awesome for leveling/dealing with SV Conflicts.
I do not see much difference between it's capability to keep her up when compared against an OJ Hellfire SMG (OJ dmg) I equipped her with recently.
As a matter of fact (without empirical testing): With the perks in; the SAW seems better. As it keeps chugging away long after the SMG has consumed the ammo pool.
I'll have to put one of my OJ BH SAWs on her to really see I guess.
Now that I think about it, I remember having an epic syphon SAW long ago that performed very well, but the cost to upgrade it as my EGO increased would have been ridiculous... never saw a similar weapon after that. *shrugs* Maybe SAW is just a really good gun, idk.

I guess I'll leave it at that since this is kind of off topic... although maybe it's still on-topic since Chimera is heavy on syphon weapons. Is anybody willing to recommend a Chimera syphon gun to the OP? I certainly don't want them, but they might... and since my experience is limited to Antaeus, I can't comment further.

Tex_Arcana
09-17-2015, 12:19 PM
Now that I think about it, I remember having an epic syphon SAW long ago that performed very well, but the cost to upgrade it as my EGO increased would have been ridiculous... never saw a similar weapon after that. *shrugs* Maybe SAW is just a really good gun, idk.

I guess I'll leave it at that since this is kind of off topic... although maybe it's still on-topic since Chimera is heavy on syphon weapons. Is anybody willing to recommend a Chimera syphon gun to the OP? I certainly don't want them, but they might... and since my experience is limited to Antaeus, I can't comment further.
I've had the luxury of leveling that toon at a sedate pace (she's 5.4k now); and while she has picked up a few nice weapons: The SAW was/has been the one that she has put most of her AF into.
It has been to helpful to ignore.
I am really curious about the Chimera weapons now though: I've been ready to buy an Empouza for a while; but maybe looking at some of the others for the pure fun of it is a good idea...