PDA

View Full Version : How much will you put up with before you give up

GodsofGravy
04-05-2013, 08:22 PM
I got about 3 more days of crappy lag/bugs/and frame rate before I light the cd on fire and watch it burn like a hellbug on Christmas Eve.

TGD Ghost
04-05-2013, 08:23 PM
i Never WILL!

Colteran
04-05-2013, 08:25 PM
As long as it takes. If we keep having days like tonight when the lag can be too unbearable for gameplay I will go and...do something else? No sense in selling the game back for $20 anyhow. It is too great of a game when it wants to work.

Sgt Slee
04-05-2013, 08:26 PM
I got about 3 more days of crappy lag/bugs/and frame rate before I light the cd on fire and watch it burn like a hellbug on Christmas Eve.

I don't know what game you been playing all day but I rarely experienced any issues today.

mrgrimezHD
04-05-2013, 08:28 PM
If only people knew how to search a forum before posting =(

I'd like to direct your attention to this thread - http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?22171-How-many-chances-does-Trion-get-50-100

iCoNiC_Waly
04-05-2013, 08:30 PM
It isn't the end of the world if we can't play during the launch week. They constantly update their twitter, communicate with community via the forums, and all in all are doing everything in their power to help us with these problems.

I for one, will not give up on this title or the people supporting it.

WolvesThirteen
04-05-2013, 08:32 PM
To be honest, I didn't have that much lag tonight. But I'm enjoying this game so far. If you would like to burn your 60 bucks, then fine.

A s0t
04-05-2013, 08:33 PM
I got about 3 more days of crappy lag/bugs/and frame rate before I light the cd on fire and watch it burn like a hellbug on Christmas Eve.wait til the last boss fight lol you have no idea lol

GodsofGravy
04-18-2013, 07:55 PM
Just gave up on this game.

Taaltos
04-18-2013, 07:56 PM
Such a silly thread.

You aren't paying a monthly sub.

Just put it in the case, go do something else for a few weeks...a month...come back and see what's changed.

jtbrig7390
04-18-2013, 08:00 PM
My only problem is the Region lock. I have played many mmo's at release and I am use to the bugs that will happen.

If they don't lift the Region lock on the next patch I won't be playing anymore. Before people comment talking about lag would get worse with NA/EU playing together no it wouldn't and in the quote below I explain why it wouldn't already in the Region lock thread.

MMO servers do not work like BF3/COD servers.

BF3/COD servers are setup on the p2p "Peer 2 Peer" system therefor that is why you lag when playing vs someone from another Region "and that is even rare 9 times out of 10 ether your router settings have ur nat closed or ur internet just sucks and that is why you lag"

MMO servers are located in one location "unless stated different" and everyone connect's to that server therefor if you are from the US and I am from UK me or you joining the same server will not lag us. If we do lag it is because there is something wrong on our side of the internet.

Feel free to google this to prove my point and that I am right.

But as I said they got until the next patch to lift the Region Lock or i'm done. I got Neverwinter going into Open beta on the 30th and Marvel Heroes doing the same on june 4th so I'm not going to be waiting around for them to make this change so I can play with the people I want to play with.

jtbrig7390
04-18-2013, 08:01 PM
Such a silly thread.

Just put it in the case, go do something else for a few weeks...a month...come back and see what's changed.Sadly when it comes to the Xbox360 you kinda are.

You have to be a gold member to play Defiance therefor you are paying to play defiance. If you are like me and only pay to BS around on Netflix and Defiance you are not getting the other half you pay for.

Now as I already stated the bugs/lag dose not bug me I am not new to MMO release's but the Region Lock thing has pissed me off and they got until the next patch to lift it.

Feeky53
04-18-2013, 08:44 PM
Such a silly thread.

Just put it in the case, go do something else for a few weeks...a month...come back and see what's changed.

^^^^^^ This x100

Jeff Kaos
04-18-2013, 09:15 PM

Look kid, you don't know pain. I played Star Wars Galaxies for over a year after the NGE went live. And I paid $14.99 a month for that heartache.

lil frier
04-18-2013, 09:17 PM
The connection issues won't be what drives me away. They just have to keep up with the content consumption. I quit WoW MANY times simply because I had nothing worth doing. If I complete all of the quests and Pursuits and Achievements and have nothing to play, I'll most certainly get bored and go to another game for a while. With WoW, I'd leave for 6 months when I got bored, though that was also affected by the $15/month fee.

Zeldron
04-18-2013, 09:22 PM
It isn't the end of the world if we can't play during the launch week. They constantly update their twitter, communicate with community via the forums, and all in all are doing everything in their power to help us with these problems.

I for one, will not give up on this title or the people supporting it.

Honestly I am with this guy. if this is what i have to go through not to see a new World of warcraft clone so be it ... not say I am not pissed to all hell out... yyyyeeeaaahhh just got done curseing out tech support but .. hey that is the life of playing MMOs

jtbrig7390
04-19-2013, 12:10 AM
Look kid, you don't know pain. I played Star Wars Galaxies for over a year after the NGE went live. And I paid $14.99 a month for that heartache.That was the patch that 3/4 of the player base unsubbed cause of isn't it.

sadly never got to try SWG but my brother and his GF played it since release if I remember right up to that point.

still says its the best mmo ever before that patch was released.

Raikon
04-19-2013, 12:16 AM

Im loving the game and in it for the long haul.
Its addictive and fun.
So for me it gets me away from the crap in daily life.
Looking fwd to DLC to add to it too :)