PDA

View Full Version : Nano effects and explosives question

Xevier77
04-05-2013, 08:28 PM
Ok, I have seen many weapons that arnt purple and sometimes white that have procs or nanos, and some that do. It seems that not everyone thats purple has a proc and sometimes whites have preferred procs over purples. So I am wondering what to do about getting and looking to get gear.

First off, does anyone know if these procs stack with weapon effect such as the bonfire rockets and dot from infestor?

Second, Does the "lifestealing" Nano take health away from the target even if you have full health. I see the proc but with all the number have yet to be able to figure out if its working?

Third, Does explosives mean everything that explodes on impact or detonation, or just grenades for the purposes of satisfying EGO perks?

Fourth, and this may be to soon to ask, but does anyone know if the Nano effects scale for each weapon or is it a flat bonus on every weapon?

I know they are detailed questions but I don't really know where to look for the answers without sitting for hours and trying to pars it my self visually.

Sanguinesun
04-05-2013, 08:54 PM
Think of weapons as mini exp bars. Each weapon you get has its own exp bar. If you level it, you gain more exp for your weapon skill of that weapon type. Once the weapon's bar is maxed, you wont move your weapon skill bar in your own stats page and thus need to use a "fresh" weapon of the same purpose.

Thus weapons for the most part are consumables. What this means is that you're going to especially at the beginning, keep very very few weapons because you're going to want to switch out often to keep leveling. I keep only a few weapons I use for specific purposes and just switch out otherwise as the bars get leveled. Bad side to this design(well there are lots of bad sides to this game design in this) is that it means most mods are worthless to put on weapons because you use them up too fast. Only mods of any value are for the weapons you keep for the long haul/situations and the mods that have synergies on them as well.

Weapons will spawn with all manner of random proc or mod slots as well(part of the RNG of it) so dont worry on that.

Now to address your other questions.

1. Some weapons dont have procs that randomly generate on the main weapon damage. Infectors and rocket launchers in general do not. However they can get a random melee nano(elemental) proc.

2. Yes. Syphon is one of the best procs all around imo because it leeches and does extra crit damage to the mob(s).

3. All.

4. Flat bonus, how ever it can be enhanced a little bit with aspects of perks(like procing more perk etc).

Xevier77
04-05-2013, 11:42 PM
Think of weapons as mini exp bars. Each weapon you get has its own exp bar. If you level it, you gain more exp for your weapon skill of that weapon type. Once the weapon's bar is maxed, you wont move your weapon skill bar in your own stats page and thus need to use a "fresh" weapon of the same purpose.

Thus weapons for the most part are consumables. What this means is that you're going to especially at the beginning, keep very very few weapons because you're going to want to switch out often to keep leveling. I keep only a few weapons I use for specific purposes and just switch out otherwise as the bars get leveled. Bad side to this design(well there are lots of bad sides to this game design in this) is that it means most mods are worthless to put on weapons because you use them up too fast. Only mods of any value are for the weapons you keep for the long haul/situations and the mods that have synergies on them as well.

Weapons will spawn with all manner of random proc or mod slots as well(part of the RNG of it) so dont worry on that.

Now to address your other questions.

1. Some weapons dont have procs that randomly generate on the main weapon damage. Infectors and rocket launchers in general do not. However they can get a random melee nano(elemental) proc.

2. Yes. Syphon is one of the best procs all around imo because it leeches and does extra crit damage to the mob(s).

3. All.

4. Flat bonus, how ever it can be enhanced a little bit with aspects of perks(like procing more perk etc).

Very interesting, I shall have to ponder this much...

Thank you

Teshawk
04-25-2014, 12:24 AM

This post shows up in the first few results on Google search about nano effects and so I had to ask:
is this still true or can you keep leveling your weapon skill now even if the weapon is maxed?

Should I take a screen shot for the scrap book of this AR-216 as my first mastered weapon and then strip out the mods?

WhiteF8ng
04-25-2014, 12:56 AM
Artkech Revolution(DLC5) changed this.

Players now gain weapon skill when using mastered weapons.

It's in the patch notes for Patch 1.5

Teshawk
04-25-2014, 01:10 AM
Artkech Revolution(DLC5) changed this.

It's in the patch notes for Patch 1.5

Thanks. Anyone else that hits this on Google search will get the right info now.

The patch notes were blank for a couple days and, now that you pointed it out, I see Trion has ALL patch notes from 1.10 onwards in there so some light reading ahead.

Woot, I get to keep using that 7 shot sticky detonator!