PDA

View Full Version : Cymatic synegry

Dragon06
09-13-2015, 03:48 PM
Has this synergy been trashed? I have been reading in the forums complaints on how effective or too effective it. I have several fully mod'ed weapons with this synergy and haven't seen any positive (killing effects). In fact when I use them my shields almost never break. You would assume this is good, but while my shield don't break, my health drops quickly and I die. I have stopped using the weapons.

This synergy is so un-impressive I regret spending bits to buy the boxes. Too bad there isn't a return policy.

WhiteStrike
09-13-2015, 04:08 PM
Has this synergy been trashed? I have been reading in the forums complaints on how effective or too effective it. I have several fully mod'ed weapons with this synergy and haven't seen any positive (killing effects). In fact when I use them my shields almost never break. You would assume this is good, but while my shield don't break, my health drops quickly and I die. I have stopped using the weapons.

This synergy is so un-impressive I regret spending bits to buy the boxes. Too bad there isn't a return policy.

The syn was bugged,so they fixed it.The snare now deals about 30K-40K damage so it's not something you can relly on to much.

PS:It was fixed because it's dealing 347K damage.

PPS:Those are threads regarding the syn's effect in PvP.

Olaf
09-13-2015, 04:48 PM
The syn was bugged,so they fixed it.The snare now deals about 30K-40K damage so it's not something you can relly on to much.

PS:It was fixed because it's dealing 347K damage.

PPS:Those are threads regarding the syn's effect in PvP.

Don't think it has even been fixed yet.

CraftyRhtHander
09-13-2015, 05:07 PM
Don't fix it. Why make me spend money just to nerf it - this is just like Trion. Doesn't suprise me anymore

WhiteStrike
09-13-2015, 05:10 PM
Don't fix it. Why make me spend money just to nerf it - this is just like Trion. Doesn't suprise me anymore

Why should it not be fixed?It is OP in PvP.

Ray8888
09-13-2015, 05:46 PM
The fix hasnt happened yet. The bug was triggering a 347k dmg output on the shield break but only in a few specific situations. Most commonly in PvP. Most of the rest of us didnt even notice, hence the huge thread battle. Its not being nerfed. Most importantly, the bug hasnt even been fixed yet.

Dragon06
09-13-2015, 05:59 PM
My issue is not with PVP. It is using the synergy in PVE and my shields rarely if ever now break. But I take damage while the shields are intact. Since my shield don't break the synergy isn't triggered. And on the few occasions I do get my shield to break (loss of a plate) I see no effect. So to me it is kinda worthless. Am I miss understanding the synergy.

WhiteStrike
09-13-2015, 06:13 PM
My issue is not with PVP. It is using the synergy in PVE and my shields rarely if ever now break. But I take damage while the shields are intact. Since my shield don't break the synergy isn't triggered. And on the few occasions I do get my shield to break (loss of a plate) I see no effect. So to me it is kinda worthless. Am I miss understanding the synergy.

Nope,that's about it.The syn is weaker than Spinal Tap and Sustained Suppression. It feels mire like a PvP oriented synergy.

Chump Norris
09-13-2015, 07:07 PM
The synergy isn't getting nerfed because it is already balanced..

Hey All,

We have thoroughly tested this, both internally and externally, and can say with certainty that this is not a balance issue, it is a bug. While fixing this bug will indeed lower the power level of the shield break effect, it is something that is more wide spread than JUST Cymatic Empowerment. In particular, Special Delivery also suffers from this same bug.

We have read all of your feedback, and we feel that Cymatic Empowerment is in a good place damage wise. Unfortunately, there is a bug with how that damage is being projected, which needs to be fixed. When we fix this issue, many of you will notice a difference in the damage output of the [3] set ability, and some of you may not. I will be sure to keep everyone updated with the progress on this hotfix, and let you know when it will be coming out.

Thanks as always for your patience while we tested this on our end.

They are just fixing a bug that sometimes causes it to deal to much damage, I still haven't seen this super dmg bug in action so this fix shouldn't change a thing for me.

Olaf
09-13-2015, 07:09 PM
The synergy isn't getting nerfed because it is balanced..

They are just fixing a bug that sometimes causes it to deal to much damage, I still haven't seen this super dmg in action so this fix shouldn't change a thing for me.

You tend to notice it when your in a 1v1 dog fight against a CE br. Soon as you break their shield you die lol

Ray8888
09-13-2015, 07:16 PM
I still haven't seen this super dmg bug in action so this fix shouldn't change a thing for me.

You should watch the Twitch from last week. They had a Dev in PTS PvP and someone immediately CEed him. Its pretty devastating. But hilarious that it happened to the Dev. And so quickly.

Chump Norris
09-13-2015, 07:29 PM
nvm.......

Ray8888
09-13-2015, 07:38 PM
Yeah I argued pretty strongly against messing with the syn at all but after seeing that... I was wrong. lol

Chump Norris
09-13-2015, 11:23 PM
nvm.......

Olaf
09-14-2015, 05:17 AM
It's also worth noting that the syn does not proc when the shield is broken using melee/sword. Tested numerous times in duel.

xXxDSMer
09-14-2015, 05:34 AM

uh...
"shield" is the white bar.
armor plate is the gold colored shield looking things, which aren't shields.

"on shield break" means when your white bar is totally empty.

Hopefully this explains why you're not seeing the effects of the synergy.