PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Found A Reason For Players To Trade?

CapN CooK 420
04-05-2013, 08:39 PM
This game definetly isn't economy based because I see no ways of players needing to trade eachother, other than friends helping friends out.

Has anyone found anything that might lead to trading in the future or is this game doomed in that sense? :confused:

Greywolf
04-05-2013, 08:43 PM
This game definetly isn't economy based because I see no ways of players needing to trade eachother, other than friends helping friends out.

Has anyone found anything that might lead to trading in the future or is this game doomed in that sense? :confused:

Trading mods to other's because you don't like or use that particular weapon for something that suit's you better, for example I will give you all my blue rocket launcher mods for any blue shotgun mods you have KK.

AndrewMav
04-05-2013, 08:44 PM
So far the one reason I've used the trade feature s to either get aid from someone or to help a newer player out. Who knows about the future though.

TrainLoaf
04-05-2013, 09:20 PM
To be honest until they make a local 'trade' channel ingame, update the chat and inspect functionality and add linking weapons in chat I recon Trion should add a 'trade' section here on the forums. This would reduce the inevitable spam of guns and gear which is soon to flood 'general discussion' once everyone gets a fair amount of Epic's and Legendarie's.

atlantix
04-05-2013, 09:23 PM
I believe AH needed
and maybe crafting skills like mod crafting, weapon crafting, armor crafting even maybe vehicle crafting..

these type of stuff would increase game economy
not to mention script gain must be increased in general

Greywolf
04-05-2013, 09:30 PM
I believe AH needed
and maybe crafting skills like mod crafting, weapon crafting, armor crafting even maybe vehicle crafting..

I'd like to agree with you here, because an auction would be great, not to mention a bank would be great too.

But it would probably create the issues like what is happening in diablo3, the game just becomes a joke and far too easy when everyone can access the weapons they want and sell what they don't want. Long term it could effect the game if people aren't salvaging the trash they don't want anymore and instead are selling it off cheap so they can buy a new shiny shotgun every time they max out their current one.

Getting the ultimate roll on a weapon in terms of synergy on an orange and good stats without any silly characteristics, and then being able to sell it to someone who wants that type of weapon would just be too easy, maybe everyone will have their best guns in a week or two anyway. *shrug*

Not to mention not having to put the work in to put a synergy together

TrainLoaf
04-05-2013, 09:32 PM
I believe AH needed

See I'm not too sure this game needs an AH. I'd agree 100% if they add a crafting system which requires 'hard to get to' resources however at current I think an AH would take away the 'crash landed' 'just arrived on this planet' feel. I agree that this would be great to bring in later but at the moment I prefer the equality and helpfulness surrounding the current social structure of the game, I recon an AH and resource crafting based system would create a 'class system' where guilds can dominate the AH by grinding for those tricky prices to build that Epic Shotgun.

Airwolf3169
04-05-2013, 10:12 PM
For the time being nope. I eaither crunch the item for parts. or sell the item for cash. quick fast .. there are no banks. so you don't want to hold onto things you have no use for. And there is little to no interaction with other plays in the game unless your doing a co-op and then your on voice with a few people for a little while. when its over you go on to something else. Which is all good by me. I'm more of a lone wolf anyways. But at the same time if I see someone fighting I jump right in and help them. get my loot and XP and keep moving.

Cthulu
04-06-2013, 08:30 PM
I've gotten weapons on my survivalist that had vet or outlaw, or machinist synergy, orange weapons at that. I ended up trashing them because it either wasn't something I'd use and didn't have anyone that could make the most out of it. Would have been nice to be able to have a trade forum where things like that could have been traded but that doesn't exist currently.

Dirt Murkem
04-06-2013, 08:32 PM
between lockboxes and co-op map runs do we really need an auction house? do you really wanna invite the chinese farmers in?

CapN CooK 420
04-06-2013, 08:38 PM
Farmers are in every game so get over it. Its not like you can't do the exact thing they are doing.

Dan3000au
04-06-2013, 08:40 PM
i sold an orange LMG for 40k

Barrik
04-06-2013, 08:44 PM
between lockboxes and co-op map runs do we really need an auction house? do you really wanna invite the chinese farmers in?

This. I'm sick of ah's and "in game economies" Gold farmers would die out if all games did things the way defiance does. I like it.

Barrik
04-06-2013, 08:45 PM
Farmers are in every game so get over it. Its not like you can't do the exact thing they are doing.

But they don't need to be in every game. So get over it.

CapN CooK 420
04-06-2013, 08:49 PM
But they don't need to be in every game. So get over it.

That doesn't even make sense but okay I am over it

Cthulu
04-06-2013, 11:08 PM
This. I'm sick of ah's and "in game economies" Gold farmers would die out if all games did things the way defiance does. I like it.

Don't need an in game economy, but a trade forum would be nice so people could post things they are trading and things they are looking for. People can then get together, make trades, ect.

Stryfe
04-06-2013, 11:34 PM
Trade? YES PLZ ZOMG!

My kingdom for a decent Respark shield! FRACK!

Something like 450 ego and I keep getting a white shield from every other mob ><