PDA

View Full Version : Is there an instruction manual for this game?

UKresistance
04-05-2013, 08:54 PM
Is there an instruction manual for this game?
Something that explains how to play instead of just a stupid page after page of end user license which is the only thing that came with the game.

TrainLoaf
04-05-2013, 09:03 PM
I believe there is yes! I think you'll need to go on the Menu (esc) then hit the spacebar or click the bottom left to bring up the circular options cycle, then on the top right(?) there should be an info tab or something like that. There you can have a read through some detailed explanations.

If there is anything that's specifically bugging you feel free to ask away I'm sure someone will be pleased to help!

nathanpbutler
04-05-2013, 09:08 PM
There is a "help" section within the menu system, either under intel or under settings. However, honestly, not everything is covered in there, either, such as something as basic as what everything means on the HUD (such as the yellow dashed bar on the bottom, etc.).

Frankly, the game is in dire need of an actual manual, but instead it is basically trial and error.

TrainLoaf
04-05-2013, 09:11 PM
Funny thing is I really like the exploration element of the game! Even though it may not have been intentional I thoroughly enjoy discovering new things about the game and having to ask around to find things out, reminds me of a vanilla early launch WoW where many didn't have a clue so everything 'new' you found out gave a sense of accomplishment!

UKresistance
04-05-2013, 09:48 PM
I can understand a company being too cheap to print a useful manual, but generally they make an online or on disk version. There has to be in existence a manual, they couldn't design or play test the game without one. You just know when they sent it out to game reviewers they included something besides that kick in the balls stupid end user license agreement.

Hell, I couldn't even figure out how to exit the damn game before I posted that question.

TrainLoaf
04-05-2013, 09:53 PM
Ahh haa, soooo you weren't really seeking help you simply wanted to make a dig ^^ fair enough!

In all honesty tho its not exactly like this game takes a lot to learn, sure it's pretty tricky to navigate at first but soo are many other games, further more if you look at many other MMO's they rarely come with printed manuals, it's simply a dead medium. In a digital age with more and more digital downloads why bother printing something out when you can excite players by letting them explore things for themselves.

I'm quite happy I haven't been spoon fed everything!

Tontte
04-05-2013, 09:56 PM
Ahh haa, soooo you weren't really seeking help you simply wanted to make a dig ^^ fair enough!

In all honesty tho its not exactly like this game takes a lot to learn, sure it's pretty tricky to navigate at first but soo are many other games, further more if you look at many other MMO's they rarely come with printed manuals, it's simply a dead medium. In a digital age with more and more digital downloads why bother printing something out when you can excite players by letting them explore things for themselves.

I'm quite happy I haven't been spoon fed everything!

In truth, though, you must admit that it was a little infuriating hunting around for _basic functionality_ like how to exit the game the first time or two, right?

EdgeTW
04-05-2013, 09:58 PM
Someone with a physical retail copy commented that there was a ~10 page manual booklet included with the game. I've been asking for a PDF or website version for a while now.

UKresistance
04-05-2013, 10:05 PM
No, I was seeking help and was hoping their was an online web based manual. I only had a chance to play the game for about an hour, and was hoping to read up on it while goofing off at work.

But the number one thing that pisses me off about new games are missing instruction books. What took me from moderately to severely pissed off was they made the effort to print out a super long end user agreement that no one reads or understands anyways.

If I was to make a "dig about it", I'd call their customer service up and ***** about it instead. I still might do that just to let them know that some people don't find this type of laziness acceptable. Maybe ask some esoteric questions on the end user agreement too. Like on page five, paragraph three sentence two of the agreement, can you explain that to me better?

nathanpbutler
04-05-2013, 10:06 PM
Someone with a physical retail copy commented that there was a ~10 page manual booklet included with the game. I've been asking for a PDF or website version for a while now.

There certainly is not one for the PS3 version of the game. It just has a controller map, and that's it, other than the legal notices and such. Perhaps there is a manual in the Xbox 360 or PC physical version.

UKresistance
04-05-2013, 10:08 PM

It was a ~12 page license agreement that you must read carefully and agree to. No game play instructions at all except for a screen shot of the 360 controller detailing what the controls are.